Worldbreaker Hulk vs Parasite (Pre nu52)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

carver9
What's the most power Parasite absorbed?

DarkSaint85
He also becomes them. Right down to their DNA. And gains their skills and abilities.

IOW, WBH is fighting himself. Who, on top of his own raging powers, also has power draining powers.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He also becomes them. Right down to their DNA. And gains their skills and abilities.

IOW, WBH is fighting himself. Who, on top of his own raging powers, also has power draining powers.

So he basically Armageddon?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
So he basically Armageddon?

No.

He's basically WBH.

carver9
No.

He's basically WBH.

? The stronger you get the stronger "I" get".

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8094165/Incredible_Hulks_632_015.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8094167/Incredible_Hulks_632_016.jpg.html

He was the Hulk. Then we also have this scene.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20N-S/HulkvsRulk28.jpg.html

Rulk absorbing WWH power (trying to absorb) to the point that he was able to create Nuke like attacks and still couldn't put World War Hulk down. There's another absorption scene where Darwin tried as well but nothing happened.

Parasite can become the Hulk all he wants, it will not help him here and attempting to absorb the amount of power Hulk was dishing out would probably kill him which is the reason I asked for the most powerful he's absorbed.

DarkSaint85
No, you don't get it.

He IS the Hulk. If it doesn't kill the Hulk why should it kill Parasite? He'll have the same body, the same HF as WBH. He won't have Armageddon's limits. Or Rulk's. Not sure why you brought them in, because they have nothing to do with this matchup.

He will have the same limits WBH had.

cdtm
What's the most power Parasite absorbed?

Put it this way.

There was a period where Superman was absorbing way more energy then he could use, and it was making him lose control of his powers. So, he tried using Parasite to absorb the extra energy. Surface contact wasn't working fast enough, so Supes decided to send a little heat vision his way, and accelerate the process.

And accidentally flash fried him right down to a blackened, charred skeleton.

But somehow, parasite actually regenerated himself, tapped into his energy and force fed himself until he looked like a purple, mutated Hulk. wink

cdtm
No, you don't get it.

He IS the Hulk. If it doesn't kill the Hulk why should it kill Parasite? He'll have the same body, the same HF as WBH. He won't have Armageddon's limits. Or Rulk's. Not sure why you brought them in, because they have nothing to do with this matchup.

thumb up

carver9
No, you don't get it.

So he has no limits on the power he can absorb? Care to provide proof of this because I remember him running after Superman to get more power...it wasn't something that happened with one touch.

DarkSaint85
So he has no limits on the power he can absorb? Care to provide proof of this?

*sigh*.

He's not absorbing power.

He's copying DNA.

That is, he is the Hulk.

So if WBH's body can tolerate that power, so can ParaHulk. Because they ARE THE SAME.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Put it this way.

There was a period where Superman was absorbing way more energy then he could use, and it was making him lose control of his powers. So, he tried using Parasite to absorb the extra energy. Surface contact wasn't working fast enough, so Supes decided to send a little heat vision his way, and accelerate the process.

And accidentally flash fried him right down to a blackened, charred skeleton.

But somehow, parasite actually regenerated himself, tapped into his energy and force fed himself until he looked like a purple, mutated Hulk. wink

So was that version of Supes on WBH level?

carver9
*sigh*.

He's not absorbing power.

He's copying DNA.

That is, he is the Hulk.

So if WBH's body can tolerate that power, so can ParaHulk. Because they ARE THE SAME.

You're missing the point though. If that was true, then him chasing Supes down to get more power would not have taken place since again, he was craving more power. It's not like he can touch Hulk and all of a sudden be able to do everything Hulk is capable of...He needs the entirety of his power which is the reason he chased Supes down for more power.

carver9
Ok, wait a minute...I was debating DCNU Parasite. Does anyone have scans of what Dark is talking about?

DarkSaint85
You're missing the point though. If that was true, then him chasing Supes down to get more power would not have taken place since again, he was craving more power. It's not like he can touch Hulk and all of a sudden be able to do everything Hulk is capable of...He needs the entirety of his power which is the reason he chased Supes down for more power.

IOW, you are arguing against his powerset. It's what he does. He can copy DNA and abilities, and memories. AND BECOME THEM.

At best, stalemate.

DarkSaint85
Ok, wait a minute...I was debating DCNU Parasite. Does anyone have scans of what Dark is talking about?

Lol. Great, you have no idea what you're talking about thumb up

cdtm
So was that version of Supes on WBH level?

Probably not.

So it takes a lot less energy then wbh level to self resurrect. stick out tongue

carver9
Lol. Great, you have no idea what you're talking about thumb up

Lol...I do but I admit, I'm not an expert on DCU Parasite.

cdtm
It's like he said, Parasite basically copies character attributes like Absorbing Man copies substances.

So he'll get Hulks hf, madder stronger power, and a good chunk of his memories.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
It's like he said, Parasite basically copies character attributes like Absorbing Man copies substances.

So he'll get Hulks hf, madder stronger power, and a good chunk of his memories.

Will he be able to go World Breaker though? That's the question.

DarkSaint85
He has the angry memories of Bruce - with the morality of a villain.

So yes.

carver9
Does he have to touch Hulk to gain "all of those abilities" or can he achieve this via distance?

DarkSaint85
Hahaha you're really grasping at straws now :-p

He could absorb powers through a telepathic link.

IOW, cdtm knows his characters - he's not Wonder Man. he made this matchup on purpose.

carver9
Hahaha you're really grasping at straws now :-p

He could absorb powers through a telepathic link.

IOW, cdtm knows his characters - he's not Wonder Man. he made this matchup on purpose.

Just asking. Do you have scans of this?

Insane Titan
Parasite stomps.

carver cries.

Stoic
IMO Bruce would have a really big problem on his hands with Rudy. I don't think that it would be impossible for someone of his level of intelligence to find a way to get around it. At least not in a comic. Forum settings as we all know are different.

This is what is known of the Parasite. Feel free to add, to this if things have changed.

Powers and abilities

All Parasites are able to absorb the life energy of other beings through physical contact. They are also able to absorb virtually any other energy form and use it.

Rudy Jones and Dr. Torval Freeman gained enhanced strength, intelligence, agility and stamina by absorbing the energy of other beings. By absorbing the energy of superhumans, he gains their powers (though these powers are finite, as he uses up the superhuman life force). Parasite is shown to have a special visual perception that allows him to see and sense life energy and power within a being. Even Superman isn't immune, as like regular metahumans, he can be drained to the point of being completely powerless while Parasite becomes just as strong as Superman is normally. However, this is only when Parasite is in contact with his target for several seconds, which would give Superman enough time to react and free himself from Parasite's grip.

After contact with the Strange Visitor, Parasite's powers changed enabling him to keep the energy he took longer. Somewhere Jones and his scientist counterpart gained new powers by absorbing the life energy of a shape-shifter as well. Now, not only does he sap the life energy out of his victims, he can actually become his victims right down to their DNA, including having access to their memories and natural abilities.

One of Parasite's most prominent physical features is his pink-violet skin pigmintation and the physical deformities to his face, seemingly totally covered by a mask, including his eyes, nose and mouth, giving him ambiguous as well as fearsome facial features.

Parasite's biggest weakness is that he also copies the weaknesses of his targets and cannot counter such weakness even when he has other abilities that should. For instance in Superman TAS if he absorbs Superman's powers and Livewire's powers he will be vulnerable to water (which is Livewire's weakness) despite being indestructible like Superman.

Golgo13
Parasite didn't need to touch people to steal powers.

krisblaze
Parasite loses, hard.

He doesn't immediately copy anyone within the first instant of seeing them.

Even if he copies the Hulk entirely he'll still be mortal, and at which point the Hulk will get angrier quicker than Parasite can absorb him.

There's no way in hell absorption over time will take out WBH. He'd have to do in one go, or not at all.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
Parasite loses, hard.

He doesn't immediately copy anyone within the first instant of seeing them.

Even if he copies the Hulk entirely he'll still be mortal, and at which point the Hulk will get angrier quicker than Parasite can absorb him.

There's no way in hell absorption over time will take out WBH. He'd have to do in one go, or not at all.

WHAT IN THE WORLD. confused

krisblaze
Something I didn't cover in my post.

The Hulk will get quicker BECAUSE Parasite is absorbing him. Parasite would have the same power, but no the same psyche, nor would he have something constantly aggravating him.

Nor would he have the real experience of WWH's meditative techniques, true affects of Bruce's psyche, etc.

carver9

The Hulk will get quicker BECAUSE Parasite is absorbing him. Parasite would have the same power, but no the same psyche, nor would he have something constantly aggravating him.

Nor would he have the real experience of WWH's meditative techniques, true affects of Bruce's psyche, etc.

confused

Am I reading this right?

Stoic

Great points. I was thinking the same exact thing.

DarkSaint85

Why not?

krisblaze
Why not?

He copies the Hulk as Hulk...

This is also not how Parasite works in like 90% of his preboot appearances.

Are you trying to play on Carver and Stoic not having read DC comics? Because that makes you as bad as them.

DarkSaint85
He copies the Hulk as Hulk...

This is also not how Parasite works in like 90% of his preboot appearances.

Are you trying to play on Carver and Stoic not having read DC comics? Because that makes you as bad as them.

He gets their memories and abilities, and psyches. He actually loved Superman as Lois Lane.

90%? Full capacity rule.

krisblaze
He gets their memories and abilities, and psyches. He actually loved Superman as Lois Lane.

90%? Full capacity rule.

- It's not instanteneous.

- He can still be knocked out during the process.

- He did not receive an exact replica of Superman's psyche.

- You're not debating any Parasite we've ever seen.

Full capacity means that Parasite will fight to his conscious best, he will not just be his most powerful incarnation.

Also, you're not debating full capacity, you're debating a different variety of Parasite's powerset.

DarkSaint85
Wait, so am I debating a Parasite that doesn't work like that in 90% or 100% of his appearances?

DarkSaint85
Just asking. Do you have scans of this?

I'll try and find the telepathic link.

In other news, here's him absorbing energy just by being in close proximity:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00011_zpsbe209265.jpg

Here, he absorbs the energy output from an amped Superman. Remember how WBH is always sending off energy? Yeah, he will get more and more powerful. Until he can touch the Hulk in his special no-no place.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00016_zpsf6d859c5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00017_zps48f5989f.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00018_zps48fc55de.jpg

krisblaze
Seen Superman knock him out plenty times smile

Bentley

The problem is Superman >>> WB Hulk shifty

DarkSaint85

I've seen Batman out react members of the Flash Family sneer

Not to mention, he now has WBH's abilities which make him more powerful than if he had Superman's.

Sixth_Winged
So is this a baseform parasite that can 100-0% drain an opponent instantly which can also avoid any attacks using its bulletime reactive/travel speed from a translevel brick with 100% success?

krisblaze
I've seen Batman out react members of the Flash Family sneer

Not to mention, he now has WBH's abilities which make him more powerful than if he had Superman's.

But Superman knocking out Parasite isn't PIS.

Parasite can be knocked out using physical force. Sometimes it's only taken Superman a few hits...

carver9
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
So is this a baseform parasite that can 100-0% drain an opponent instantly which can also avoid any attacks using its bulletime reactive/travel speed from a translevel brick with 100% success?

That's what it sounds like.

DarkSaint85
But Superman knocking out Parasite isn't PIS.

Parasite can be knocked out using physical force. Sometimes it's only taken Superman a few hits...

But that's the thing. Having WBH's abilities is a step up from getting Superman's abilities.

I know Superman has his dynamic strength/durability supporters, but it is no way like WBH's.

Getting WBH's durability/HF would make Parasite FAR more formidable than getting Superman's durability/HF. Also, his ability to ramp up from puny Banner to WBH.

Nope. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Nobody said he was draining WBH 100%-0%.
Nobody said it was instant.
Nobody said anything about avoiding any attacks using bullettime reactive/travel time speed.

I posted a scan showing him against an amped Superman who was unable to control his powers (and thus, going full throttle).

Did he drain him? No.
Did he avoid the HV? No.

He took it, and it strengthened him/healed him. So that he could close the gap, and touch Superman.

Naija boy
WBH stomps.

As someone in this thread has mentioned, Parasite wont copy him 100% instantaneously, and it will take time for him to be as strong as WBH. He has also been knocked out a whole host of times (by forces far weaker than what WBH will be outputting). The way parasite is being presented in this thread is simply not how he shows up within the comics.

The characters get basic knowledge of the abilities of their opponent and start a reasonable distance apart. WBH thunderclaps at the beginning of the fight and thats all she wrote.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Naija boy
WBH stomps.

As someone in this thread has mentioned, Parasite wont copy him 100% instantaneously, and has been knocked out a whole host of times (by forces far weaker than what WBH will be outputting).

The characters get basic knowledge of the abilities of their opponent and start a reasonable distance apart. WBH thunderclaps at the beginning of the fight and thats all she wrote.

Oh, so we ignore the full capacity rule then. And just focus on the low showings. I never knew that.

Thunderclaps would also strengthen him. As he can speed steal, absorbing inertia of things in motion:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00016_zps339c29af.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00017_zps2fb90e4e.jpg

Later on, he developed it further. He got bonded to a scientist, increasing his intelligence levels (hence his schizo talking to himself). He later gets rid of that, and accepts both personalities.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00022_zps81b6ca0f.jpg

Btw, I promised carver I would show him draining across a telepathic link:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00013_zps5c830b38.jpg

Parasite isn't exactly a mainstream character. He's a 2-bit villain from Superman's rogues. And yet, I have shown no less than three different storylines (he got stronger as time went on, with several upgrades) of his powers.

And once more, I bring up the point that cdtm is no fool. He did not create a spite thread. He knows each side, and thought it would be a good fight. I agree. It's a stalemate.

Sixth_Winged
But that's the thing. Having WBH's abilities is a step up from getting Superman's abilities.

I know Superman has his dynamic strength/durability supporters, but it is no way like WBH's.

Getting WBH's durability/HF would make Parasite FAR more formidable than getting Superman's durability/HF. Also, his ability to ramp up from puny Banner to WBH.

Nope. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Nobody said he was draining WBH 100%-0%.
Nobody said it was instant.
Nobody said anything about avoiding any attacks using bullettime reactive/travel time speed.

I posted a scan showing him against an amped Superman who was unable to control his powers (and thus, going full throttle).

Did he drain him? No.
Did he avoid the HV? No.

He took it, and it strengthened him/healed him. So that he could close the gap, and touch Superman.

That's great and all but Hulk even at WBH does what every hulk does... rush his enemy and punch him.

So the only real questions that matter:

1. Can parasite avoid the initial punch?
2. If he can't, can he survive it? Or survive long enough for him to copy and weaken him sufficiently.

That's all there is to it really. Unless somehow he copies 100% of hulk's durability instantly, how is he surviving a punch from a guy who makes continents quake by stepping on it in what.. a few second time frame?

DarkSaint85
That's great and all but Hulk even at WBH does what every hulk does... rush his enemy and punch him.

So the only real question that matter

1. Can parasite avoid the initial punch?
2. If he can't, can he survive it?

That's all there is to it really. Unless somehow he copies 100% of hulk's durability too, how is he surviving a punch from a guy who makes continents quake by stepping on it in what.. a few second time frame?

Wait, is he thunderclapping (like naija said) or bullrushing him with a punch?

Either way, he's not faster than light (or at least, EM radiation) when rushing. Or the speed of thought.

WBH when rushing to punch Parasite, will be emitting tons and tons of radiation, as he always did. This radiation, travelling as it does at the speed of light, will hit Parasite before WBH's fist (unless WBH moves FTL). As I showed with Superman and his HV, he just absorbed it, and grew stronger. Same with Dubbilex and his telepathic attack - which presumably travels at the speed of thought. He just drained him.

So by the time the fist connects, he'd be incredibly amped by WBH. Would he overload? My opinion is that he wouldn't (as even when he was, he got back from being just a skeleton), or, if he was close, when he got touched, he'd be able to copy, and then, get WBH's abilities.

I am NOT saying he drains WBH into a skeleton. No.

I am saying, he gets amped up to WBH levels, rather than WBH coming down to Parasite's level.

DarkSaint85
Incidentally, the scan I showed above was Parasite vs a speedblitzing Superman.

This was the result:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00023_zps91583268.jpg

Naija boy
Oh, so we ignore the full capacity rule then. And just focus on the low showings. I never knew that.

Thunderclaps would also strengthen him. As he can speed steal, absorbing inertia of things in motion:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00016_zps339c29af.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00017_zps2fb90e4e.jpg

Later on, he developed it further. He got bonded to a scientist, increasing his intelligence levels (hence his schizo talking to himself). He later gets rid of that, and accepts both personalities.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00022_zps81b6ca0f.jpg

Btw, I promised carver I would show him draining across a telepathic link:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/P00013_zps5c830b38.jpg

Parasite isn't exactly a mainstream character. He's a 2-bit villain from Superman's rogues. And yet, I have shown no less than three different storylines (he got stronger as time went on, with several upgrades) of his powers.

And once more, I bring up the point that cdtm is no fool. He did not create a spite thread. He knows each side, and thought it would be a good fight. I agree. It's a stalemate.

Here the thing, its NOT focusing on low showings and if you think the full capacity rule involves characters behaving in ways and exceeding limits that they have shown in comics you have a warped understanding of said rule.

Parasite does not have limitless absorption capabilities. Furthermore, absorbing the inertia of a car is nothing compared to absorbing the totality of a WBHulk thunderclap. Parasite has been knocked out several times before despite this ability to absorb KE.

Furthermore, there is literally no basis i can think of for parasite having amped up to levels as powerful as WBH at all let alone fast enough to prevent himself from being koed by an all out WBH attack. Even after having absorbed some of the excess energy that WBH leaked, he wouldnt all of a sudden be equivalent to WBH (that energy is excess and does not at all represent the totality of WBH strength)

Just because the thread starter thought it would be a good fight does not give you the liberty to argue for a character beyond their typical portrayal in comics...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Naija boy
Here the thing, its NOT focusing on low showings and if you think the full capacity rule involves characters behaving in ways and exceeding limits that they have shown in comics you have a warped understanding of said rule.

Parasite does not have limitless absorption capabilities. Furthermore, absorbing the inertia of a car is nothing compared to absorbing the totality of a WBHulk thunderclap. Parasite has been knocked out several times before despite this ability to absorb KE.

Furthermore, there is literally no basis i can think of for parasite having amped up to levels as powerful as WBH at all let alone fast enough to prevent himself from being koed by an all out WBH attack. Just because the thread starter thought it would be a good fight does not give you the liberty to argue for a character beyond their portrayal in comics...

Best of his abilities meant, to me, not being KOed by, as you said, far less. As I have shown he has tanked quite high levels. Exceeding limits? I am saying he copies the DNA, memories and abilities of WBH - who doesn't have limits (that I know of). WBH is fighting WBH here.

He does not, no. Am happy to be shown him being overloaded. Then again, he now has WBH's limitations, not Parasite's limitations, so they would be moot.

I also showed him absorbing a speeding Superman.

Why no basis? If he rushes in and punches (which you cannot in all honesty say is OOC for WBH) he gets copied. Whilst getting amped enough by WBH's radiation energy to have protection until he gets the copy done.

Naija boy
Exceeding limits? I am saying he copies the DNA, memories and abilities of WBH - who doesn't have limits (that I know of). WBH is fighting WBH here.

He does not, no. Am happy to be shown him being overloaded. Then again, he now has WBH's limitations, not Parasite's limitations, so they would be moot.

I also showed him absorbing a speeding Superman.

Why no basis? If he rushes in and punches (which you cannot in all honesty say is OOC for WBH) he gets copied. Whilst getting amped enough by WBH's radiation energy to have protection until he gets the copy done.

You are portraying him in a way beyond his limits because, while he copies DNA, memories and abilities, he has not shown to be able to absorb the level energy required, in the amount of time required for this to somehow become WBH vs WBH

In terms of absorption, he still has Parasite limitations. He doesnt simply absorb a little bit and then become just as powerful as you are. It has never worked like that. Especially in regards to characters as powerful as WBH (ive never even seen him absorb anything close to that level) He keeps absorbing getting stronger and stronger while you get weaker and weaker. The problem is it is doubtful that he can absorb the totality of a WBH onslaught without being turned to dust.

The amount of energy he will get from WBH's excess gamma radiation, presuming he doesnt get overloaded from even that (which is very possibble), is unlikely to to give enough protection to tank direct hits from WBH long enough to amp himself up to WBH levels.

Prof. T.C McAbe
WBH will feed Parasite bit by bit, and Parasite with WBH powers will absorb more and more, winning in the end.

psycho gundam
^ lol

MrMind
Parasite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.