A question about Religious freedom of speech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So, alright people can be part of any and every religion, Scientology, Christianity, Judaism, Catholic, the list goes on and on. And thank to our first amendment, their allowed to express their religion. Now I'm totally fine with all religion, I'm agnostic/I don't give a shit, now we all obviously have different opinions on god, whether he exists or not and Atheist and Religious people often get into heated discussions and/or fights when they touch this subject, that's all fine and dandy, again I mostly don't care for Religion or Atheism. But there is one thing that has been bouncing inside my head for the last few months.

If all religions are accepted and protected by the first amendment, then, would that also include Satanism? Now you probably think i'm joking/trolling, but I'm being serious, would we as a Nation or hell(no pun-intended), would we as a WORLD need to one day accept Satanism as part of freedom of speech, religion and expression? Like i said, I'm Agnostic and I'm fine with all religions, however this one..... is Just sort of weird? i guess? I don't think i can describe how it feels when regarding this religion. But yeah, this is just a random question that just popped into my head and I'd like to hear your opinions.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So, alright people can be part of any and every religion, Scientology, Christianity, Judaism, Catholic, the list goes on and on. And thank to our first amendment, their allowed to express their religion. Now I'm totally fine with all religion, I'm agnostic/I don't give a shit, now we all obviously have different opinions on god, whether he exists or not and Atheist and Religious people often get into heated discussions and/or fights when they touch this subject, that's all fine and dandy, again I mostly don't care for Religion or Atheism. But there is one thing that has been bouncing inside my head for the last few months.

If all religions are accepted and protected by the first amendment, then, would that also include Satanism? Now you probably think i'm joking/trolling, but I'm being serious, would we as a Nation or hell(no pun-intended), would we as a WORLD need to one day accept Satanism as part of freedom of speech, religion and expression? Like i said, I'm Agnostic and I'm fine with all religions, however this one..... is Just sort of weird? i guess? I don't think i can describe how it feels when regarding this religion. But yeah, this is just a random question that just popped into my head and I'd like to hear your opinions.

I don't think Satanism is a real religion. There could be small groups out there that claim to be Satanists, but there is no Satanist religion. That being said, no one is going to get arrested for talking about Satanism, as long as they stay withing the law. In other words, its already protected.

dyajeep
can someone bring up the "doctrines" of satanism? because in relation to freedom, i think everyone should enjoy freedom of religion so long as it is lawful - in a sense that nobody will be hurt, oppressed or even killed in the process...

Scoobless
Didn't the cast of jackass dress up as devils and hand out Satanist religious fliers in the street just to get a reaction?

Google it

Bentley
Originally posted by dyajeep
can someone bring up the "doctrines" of satanism? because in relation to freedom, i think everyone should enjoy freedom of religion so long as it is lawful - in a sense that nobody will be hurt, oppressed or even killed in the process...

From what I've heard the main basis of Satanism is doing your personal will and opposing endoctrination from "light religions" that claim moral superiority over others. The actual metaphysical aspect of that is a mystery to me though.

riv6672
Originally posted by Scoobless
Didn't the cast of jackass dress up as devils and hand out Satanist religious fliers in the street just to get a reaction?

Google it
Never liked that show.

This is funny though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.