Funniest deaths in the SW mythos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
What are some unintentional deaths in the SW mythos that happened that were either preventable or made by some stupid error? Deaths like when the Clones charged unarmed Savage Opress and got killed, or the technobeasts that wandered over to Darth Bane like cattle and got torn apart? Was the death a moment of stupidity for the character, or just bad writing on part of the creators?

Emperordmb
Sha Gi and Coleman Trebor come to mind.

ILS
Two of my favourite characters have had "funny deaths" that turned out not to be deaths after all big grin

NewGuy01
Palpatine and Maul? (In response to ILS)

Emperordmb
For some reason, Lucia's death is oddly amusing.

Trocity
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Sha Gi and Coleman Trebor come to mind.

Trebor's is #1 to me.

DERP

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Palpatine and Maul? (In response to ILS) Maul and Boba Fett. I hate Sids.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb
For some reason, Lucia's death is oddly amusing.

O_O

Originally posted by ILS
Maul and Boba Fett. I hate Sids.

Fett's "death" was indeed hilarious.

ILS
It was.. but he didn't die :P

Nalaniel
I'm glad he didn't die.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
I hate Sids.

wtf sick

WildBantha88
Count Dooku's death because of "Dew it"

http://i.imgur.com/202DvmQ.gif

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Count Dooku's death because of "Dew it"

http://i.imgur.com/202DvmQ.gif
That scene makes me lol without fail every time.

Tzeentch
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090626185056/starwars/images/f/f6/Chewbacca_Sernpidal.jpg

ILS
Originally posted by Sinious
wtf sick He's just a complete scrotum.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
He's just a complete scrotum.

He is like the most intelligent villain ever written dude... What's not to like about that?

carthage
I seem to recall a certain idiot that wanted to get intimate by tenderly embracing a lightsaber

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
I seem to recall a certain idiot that wanted to get intimate by tenderly embracing a lightsaber

You're talking about Anakin right?

ILS
He is like the most intelligent villain ever written dude... What's not to like about that? I can respect his intelligence, but I don't like him as a character.

carthage
You're talking about Anakin right?

I'm talking about a guy that wanted to be a farmer, a male stripper, and who wore a black hood

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
I can respect his intelligence, but I don't like him as a character.

Fair enough even though I can't relate.

I'm talking about a guy that wanted to be a farmer, a male stripper, and who wore a black hood

I still don't get it.

ILS
Sinious- Do you like Darth Maul?

carthage
Maybe you should ask Marco

Selenial
Maybe you should ask Marco

laughing

ILS
Lawl

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
Sinious- Do you like Darth Maul?

I liked him a lot in TPM. He seemed fanatically loyal, didnt talk much and when he did, his whisper type voice was perfect.

TCW exposed him poorly. The whole Mandalore thing was terrible imo.

ILS
Ah, cool. You kind of debunked my theory that people who like Sidious tend not to like Maul and visa versa.

And I agree about TCW. Character = Butchered.

Sinious
You always need guys like Maul serving guys like Sidious in a story like this and Maul plays his part perfectly. I wouldn't dare hope for a better apprentice for a guy in charge of the bad guys.

Nephthys
I liked him a lot in TPM. He seemed fanatically loyal, didnt talk much and when he did, his whisper type voice was perfect.

TCW exposed him poorly. The whole Mandalore thing was terrible imo.

thumb up

They ruined him by making him talk too much. Suddenly he was just a typical snarling Sith instead of a silent almost serial killer-esque devil monster.

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
thumb up

They ruined him by making him talk too much. Suddenly he was just a typical snarling Sith instead of a silent almost serial killer-esque devil monster.

Yeah, exactly. Also, his relationship with Sidious was quite unique. Maul was actually loyal to him. First they made Sidious get all insensitive and treacherous in TCW which ruined their relationship and it served nothing. I mean we've already seen Sidious cold-bloodedly betray people countless times. They've put a repetitive story over a unique one. Then, having Maul move against Sidious in SoD ruined Maul's side of the whole unique concept of that loyalty in their relationship. Simply terrible.

ILS
You always need guys like Maul serving guys like Sidious in a story like this and Maul plays his part perfectly. I wouldn't dare hope for a better apprentice for a guy in charge of the bad guys. Yeah.. I mean, people often say "Maul was only ever Sidious' lapdog" - but, it's Sidious. His lapdogs tend to be capable of eviscerating most people.

Yeah I know... I often wonder if TCW story team took some really potent death sticks before Maul's returning arc. I mean.. f*cking spider legs? And then those god awful robot legs? The constant talking... using Dun Moch... and his intentions are ridiculous too. I mean, what, killing Satine was enough revenge against Kenobi for you? After he left you bisected on Lotho Minor for twelve years? Come the f*ck on. There needs to be a better plot in there somewhere.

ILS
Yeah, exactly. Also, his relationship with Sidious was quite unique. Maul was actually loyal to him. First they made Sidious get all insensitive and treacherous in TCW which ruined their relationship and it served nothing. I mean we've already seen Sidious cold-bloodedly betray people countless times. They've put a repetitive story over a unique one. Then, having Maul move against Sidious in SoD ruined Maul's side of the whole unique concept of that loyalty in their relationship. Simply terrible. To be honest I do appreciate the tactical-revenge aspect of Maul now. His loyalty to Sidious, which is basically all he ever lived for, was kind of shattered when he was replaced and left for dead by his Master, left out of the Grand Plan. It's just the way they executed Maul's revenge plan that was god awful. And from a plot and comic writing standpoint SoD was pretty awful.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
To be honest I do appreciate the tactical-revenge aspect of Maul now. His loyalty to Sidious, which is basically all he ever lived for, was kind of shattered when he was replaced and left for dead by his Master, left out of the Grand Plan. It's just the way they executed Maul's revenge plan that was god awful. And from a plot and comic writing standpoint SoD was pretty awful.

I'm not saying Maul's retaliation itself was a bad idea. That was the only thing he could've done at that point. I'm blaming the earlier parts of the story as things never should've went there in the first place.

ILS
I'm not saying Maul's retaliation itself was a bad idea. That was the only thing he could've done at that point. I'm blaming the earlier parts of the story as things never should've went there in the first place. Agreed. What do you think should become of Maul now, and where do you think he should end up?

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
Agreed. What do you think should become of Maul now, and where do you think he should end up?

Honestly, I've no idea. Since it wasn't Maul himself that fought Vader, he'll probably die sometime before that and obviously he'll die fighting someone. I guess at this point, having Sidious kill him would be the best choice.

Nephthys
Should be Obi-Wan imo.

ILS
Imagine if he killed himself.. o.O

Emperordmb
LOL imagine how shitty a Maul redemption arc would be...

ILS
IKR. He needs to die a villain.

WildBantha88
Don't kill maul. I mean c'mon the guy died to many times already. Here is what they should do. Make him an actual super villain. Like yea sith have the force and all that but make him like Revan initially was (before what ever jackass came up with the horrible idea tying him in with Vitiate), kinda like a super hero that you would read about in Marvel/Dc comic books, except in Mauls case a villian

Have an older Maul in the galactic empire era, kinda a shadowy figure, not working for the sith or anything just hunting down Jedi and Inquisitors and Acolytes on his own. Like a rogue sith lord doing his own thing. He could be like the Death Stroke of starwars.

WildBantha88
Make Maul an ex-sith lord. He tried his hand at taking over the galaxy, his master betrayed him and his brother died and now his master is ruling the galaxy but with a new apprentice and Maul knows he will never be taken back and that makes him angry and hateful. So Maul has hung up the tittle of sith lord and has dropped the name Darth and is just called "Maul" now. And he is still hunting Jedi and stuff because he has no love for jedi but he is also attacking the empire because his master betrayed him. And he is like this phantom warrior that kind of just shows up places and wrecks house.

He doesn't even need a death. Why does every starwars character need a death? why cant they just kind of walk away and disappear forever?

Needless to say none of that is going to happen and Darth Maul is going to die a stupid death because **** creative story writing.

Emperordmb
He doesn't even need a death. Why does every starwars character need a death? why cant they just kind of walk away and disappear forever?

Needless to say none of that is going to happen and Darth Maul is going to die a stupid death because **** creative story writing.
Who says death can't be creative?
watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

Sinious
WildBantha, that scenario actually sounds pretty good. I'ld love to see that happen.

Jmanghan
Jar Jar's dad?

Nargaroth
Make Maul an ex-sith lord. He tried his hand at taking over the galaxy, his master betrayed him and his brother died and now his master is ruling the galaxy but with a new apprentice and Maul knows he will never be taken back and that makes him angry and hateful. So Maul has hung up the tittle of sith lord and has dropped the name Darth and is just called "Maul" now. And he is still hunting Jedi and stuff because he has no love for jedi but he is also attacking the empire because his master betrayed him. And he is like this phantom warrior that kind of just shows up places and wrecks house.

Uhm, you'd rather see Maul disappear from the Galaxy like Ventress did in the old EU (that was in the Obsession comic if I remember well), do you?

Marco1907
I also liked TCW because Maul become more than a laptop for Sidious in there, unlike Vader and Dooku ever did, he challenged his old master in single combat with his new apprentice Savage, and they gave him a better fight than jedi council did.

And even before that, he never tried to reach his master for seeking help, he established a new order from crime syndicates, and before that he tried something with space pirates, which was impressive, though Sidious gave a little help as well, because if he would agree with Kenobi here, things would be different.

EsulBtncqAE

Now, if you read the SoD, Maul does not describe himself as ''Sith'' anymore, well because he lost to Sidious and he lost his Sith apprentice Savage, now he is still darksider but as a crime lord or nightbrother lord, whatever you called.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/r-002-2014-Digital-Fawkes-Empire-005_zps9cb7cbb6.jpg

''A battle between Sith and that which they fear the most-- us.''

Anyway, you don't need to be a ''sith'' for being more powerful in the dark side, Mother Talzin for example, she was more powerful than most of the sith master in the mythos.

ILS
"He could be like the Deathstroke of starwars."

I..like..this.. I approve. They would need to really give him some kind of worthwhile motivation, which is basically f*cking up Sidious' day. Maybe he comes to the point where he realizes that destroying Sidious isn't an option, but he can certainly do as much as possible to help that happen? I wouldn't mind him taking a bit of a backseat and just going back to his assassin-esque routes. I don't think he'll go raising another army, because the major plot of SW is done - the rebels defeat the Empire. Maul being a military force is just redundant because we know how it's going to end from the start. Why not give him something to do on the smaller scale and focus on real character development...

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Marco1907

''A battle between Sith and that which they fear the most-- us.''

Anyway, you don't need to be a ''sith'' for being more powerful in the dark side, Mother Talzin for example, she was more powerful than most of the sith master in the mythos.

So does that mean that we should consider SoD Maul a Dark Jedi instead of a Sith?

ILS
I think it's too early to strip him of the title Sith just yet. When he himself renounces the name and he's widely referred to as "Maul" or his novels/comics start being called "Maul: ____" it'll be safe to say he's just a Dark Sider.

Fated Xtasy
One of the funniest death scenes has to be in Kotor, where some idiot literally just runs inside a cave that's home to damn krayt dragon. lol

Marco1907
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So does that mean that we should consider SoD Maul a Dark Jedi instead of a Sith?

No, I don't think so, it should be just Dark Lord. It just not Dark Lord of ''the Sith'' anymore. Dark Lord of the Dathomir, Dark Lord of the Dark Side, Crime Syndicates etc. etc.

Imo for being a Dark Jedi, you need to be a jedi once in time, since Maul never become a jedi, and he hates them like hell, calling him dark ''jedi'' would be like insult.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/Maul02-10_zps59037e7f.jpg

I really wonder what will happen to him now, surviving from Dathomir made things very complicated, is he going to appear in a spin-off movie of Obi-Wan Kenobi ? Or Disney will decide the kill him right after SoD ? Or he will survive until the end of RotJ and become a new arch villain for Luke ? So many variables for him now...

Marco1907
Originally posted by Marco1907

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/Maul02-10_zps59037e7f.jpg

And this

bR6cyyiGAe4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.