Best lightsaber teacher in each era?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Who, in your opinion, is the best lightsaber *teacher* in each era?

I ask because it occurs to me, a lot of big badasses weren't necessarily the best saber instructors, and some saber instructors weren't necessarily physically or force-wise able to keep up despite their skill.

So, who's the best in each?

ILS
RotE is probably Yoda considering how much time he dedicated to teaching a large quantity of students.. Sidious is a contender too.

Vorpal Ruin
I guess luke is the best in his era. He personally instructed what eventually became all the Masters in the NJO, then several others as well.

ILS
Kreia was a pretty good teacher, right? She basically teaches the Exile about every form in detail IIRC.

Q99
Vodo was very good. His student Exar surpassed him, but he was renowned for being the best instructor.

I'd say he's likely best of that era.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I guess luke is the best in his era. He personally instructed what eventually became all the Masters in the NJO, then several others as well.

Hm, even his briefly-trained like Brakiss and Desann did become pretty good. Though a good number of his students didn't.

Lesse, what competition does he have in the time frame? Kyle taught Jaden, and as battlemaster was likely one of the big instructors.

Fated Xtasy
Hmm. a rough draft would be something like this:

KOTOR Era: Kreia

TOR Era: Kao Cen Darach?

NSW: Kas'im/Raskta Lsu

TCW era: Yoda/Sidious. Would dooku also count(hewhewhew)

NJO: Luke/Kyle/Kyp(Wasn't Kam Solusar a Lightsaber instructor?)

Q99
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Do we count the Exar Kun war as the same era, or the era before? Because Vodo has to be up there.

Hm, possibly, but there's gotta be more candidates than him.

I'll note that Sidious taught, like, one person who wasn't already a high-end saber master (Maul). And Yoda seemed mostly focused on youngling training.

Dooku did teach Qui-Gon, Quinlan Vos, Savage, and helped improve Ventress. Some of those in pretty brief time frames. I think he's possibly the better teacher.

No, but Kam did have a good student who made the council.

Selenial
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Actually Surik.

Kreia re taught her the forms that she had become out of practice with didn't she? The Exile actually taught all of her disciples them.

Nephthys
Master Yonlach for TOR.

Q99
Hm, legacy... Krayt himself doesn't do a lot of personal training any more, so it can be a bit hard to say...

Sazen trained Shado Vao and Cade, both of whom became more skilled than him, so that's a sign of a good teacher.

WildBantha88
Vodo is a pretty damn good one.

Gnost and Anoon are both good ones as well

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Selenial
Actually Surik.

Kreia re taught her the forms that she had become out of practice with didn't she? The Exile actually taught all of her disciples them.

The ones that came naturally to Meetra were Shii-Cho, Makashi and Soresu. At the moment, we have no idea what other forms she knew - aside from Juyo as i proved it a while ago big grin, Since we don't know her class(Guardian,Councilor or Sentinel) and her advanced classes(Jedi Master, Weapons master or Watchman) make it difficult to gauge her true lightsaber prowess. Also, i don't think she taught her apprentices lightsaber forms, it might have happen and it was part of content that never made it into the game. So we can't really guess.

Marco1907
The creator of Vaapad.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWarsCloneWarsVolume9-061_zpseb2baa7c.jpg

appletonia
Anoon Bondara for the PT era.

Trocity
Nah, Yoda.

red8
Kreia is my favorite Sith, but she was an awful teacher.

Let's look at her students:

Sion: Every bone in his body is completely broken and he depends on his hatred and the Force to keep himself together.

Nihilus: Dude's starving to death and has to constantly feed on others to survive

Exile: Forms force bonds and slowly dominates the minds and spirits of those around her

Revan: Rebelled against the Jedi Council, became a Sith Lord, and almost took over the Republic

I personally would never want her to be my teacher.

Mace Windu is also not that great of a teacher.

Let's look at his students:

Bulq: Went batshit crazy

Depa: Went batshit crazy

carthage
Mendor Typhoons, Kas'im, and Darth Reave

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
Mendor Typhoons, Darth Bondara, and Reave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.