Star Wars: Tarkin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I have to say. One of the worst star wars novels I've ever read- and I love James Luceno.

Problems: Vader and Palpatine were wrote as too common, and approachable. Their was no menace.

The story was crap. A guerilla strike run that lasted too long with characters that just popped out of nowhere and weren't built up

Tarkin's upbringing. Why did he have to be raised like Tarzan. I always pictured him never touching an ounce of dirt in his life...

Making Plagueis a sidenote. If your going to throw him out, do it right.

The ending was dumb.

Good things:

Tarkin and his story of the Veermoks

The Death Star being built over Geonosis.

Sheev, lol

The Sith Shrine under the Jedi Temple, plus Palpatine turning it into his palace. Ouch, insult to injury.

What did everyone else think?

carthage
I think that Plagueis and Palpatine are immensely better main characters than Tarkin, and Luceno'a golden pen wouldve been better spent on a novel for Darth Tenebrous.

Dionysus
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I have to say. One of the worst star wars novels I've ever read-
wut

Nephthys
Tarkin's upbringing. Why did he have to be raised like Tarzan.

What? erm

Selenial
What's this Sith shrine? Can someone explain it to me? Would be really useful for me.

Aurbere
I have to say. One of the worst star wars novels I've ever read

I haven't read it yet, but I doubt it's the worst one. It can't be any worse than Revan.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Selenial
What's this Sith shrine? Can someone explain it to me? Would be really useful for me.

I'm betting I can guess why. stick out tongue

NemeBro
Why did he have to be raised like Tarzan. I actually lol'd.

Is this seriously his backstory?

The_Tempest
Kinda.

Tarkin was essentially thrown in the inhospitable Eriaduan wilderness by his parents and told to survive as a test of strength. He drank blood and devoured raw animal flesh and organs to survive.

Aurbere
Hardcore.

Darth Abonis
Revan was pretty good. Drew Karpashyn is the best Star Wars author, then Timothy Zahn, and Luceno and John Jackson Miller are tied for third.

DarthAnt66
Revan was pretty good. Drew Karpashyn is the best Star Wars author.
http://i.imgur.com/lTSrwa0.gif

ares834
thumb up

Revan was pretty good. Drew Karpashyn is the best Star Wars author

laughcry

Darth Abonis
Seriously?

carthage
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/lTSrwa0.gif

That's the best gif I've ever seen.

ares834
Seriously?

Really. TBH, you would be hard pressed to find a worse SW author. And that is saying something.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Kinda.

Tarkin was essentially thrown in the inhospitable Eriaduan wilderness by his parents and told to survive as a test of strength. He drank blood and devoured raw animal flesh and organs to survive. lol

NemeBro
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Kinda.

Tarkin was essentially thrown in the inhospitable Eriaduan wilderness by his parents and told to survive as a test of strength. He drank blood and devoured raw animal flesh and organs to survive. On the one hand, that's pretty stupid. On the other hand, it's also stupidly manly. I am not sure what to think about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.