Most important factor in Speedblitz ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-DarkTimesmdashASparkRemains003-023_zps754bf74c.jpg

Which is more important ? Skill or Speed ?

Aurbere
The most important factor is power. Unlimited power, in fact. stick out tongue

Marco1907
---Skill %60
---Speed %40

Imho.

Nephthys
Hmmmm, which is more important for a SPEEDblitz? Skill or speed? Thats a toughy.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hmmmm, which is more important for a SPEEDblitz? Skill or speed? Thats a toughy.

Selenial

Any idiot can strike quickly, you also have to be unpredictable, fluid and remain in control of your erratic limbs.

50/50 for me.

DarthAnt66
That's not how Force Speed works though. erm

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Aurbere
The most important factor is power. Unlimited power, in fact. stick out tongue
thumb up

Who cares about speed or strength when power gives both?

ILS
It just depends. If you're roughly as skilled as someone but are monumentally faster than them, you're liable to blitz them. If you're fast as hell but can't fight for shit, then you might not be able speedblitz a superior fighter in spite of their inferior speed.

Emperordmb
"Speedblitz" by definition is a speed based blitz, or a blitz based primarily on speed. As such, speed is definitely the more important factor in a "speedblitz." Without speed, it cannot be a "speedblitz"

NemeBro
Speed.

It doesn't matter how few openings you leave in your guard if the other guy is ten times faster than you.

Furthermore, a lot of what "skill" boils down to IRL is reaction-time and developed fast-twitch muscle fibers.

Though Aurbere is probably right. Most of what has been said in the thread in SW is granted by greater power in the Force. Sidious is so fast and strong because his power over the Dark Side is so great.

Marco1907
SW mythos speedblitz is different than Flash or other kind of comic book speedsters like speedblitz. We are calling it speedblitz because we used to that term from other comics or events.

For example, Flash only needs super speed to speedblitz someone, but clearly in SW, you need to be skilled in lightsaber styles as well.

FreshestSlice
We're calling it speedbltizing because they use speed. erm
If they aren't fast enough to keep up with you, Drallig, your skill means shit, Drallig.

Q99
You need to overcome the opponent's precognition and speed. Skill in hiding your intentions is fairly required, if the enemy sees it coming even high speed can often be defended against, but speed is the primary factor.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
"Speedblitz" by definition is a speed based blitz, or a blitz based primarily on speed. As such, speed is definitely the more important factor in a "speedblitz." Without speed, it cannot be a "speedblitz"

Indeed. Sometimes you see someone call a 'speedblitz' when the other side is actually able to respond and react, they just aren't good enough to defense. And that's not a speedblitz, that's just being a better fighter.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's not how Force Speed works though. erm

No but in order for the Force Speed to allow a blitz, you need to at least be skilled in the form. Hence both Being a factor

WildBantha88
Skill has nothing to do with it. If it is a speed blitz then it doesn't matter how skilled you are, your skill isn't going to stop you from dieing in the first second of the contest.

But if the two are fighting at hypersonic speeds and one dies, that no longer counts as a speed blitz.

What I am trying to say is that if skill starts becoming a major factor then it no longer counts as a speed blitz.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
No but in order for the Force Speed to allow a blitz, you need to at least be skilled in the form. Hence both Being a factor
Nah. The Son of Mortis can speedblitz Kit Fisto with a lightsaber despite never wielding one.

WildBantha88
But The Son is so far beyond Fisto that its like a flee fighting the predator speed blitz wouldn't matter at that point

DarthAnt66
My point completely stands though. no expression And speed is dictated by power anyway.

ares834

DARTH POWER
Skill, superior pre-cog, mobility, agility all far more important than speed.

Sidious doesn't move like the Flash Lol. In fact I saw him fighting Windu and Yoda at pretty normal speeds. Even against Maul and Opress(animation) he was no where close to invisible.

I mean all Jedi are continuously blocking laser blasts which are much much faster than Sidious could ever move in his wildest dreams.

Arhael
Skill and superior pre-cog 100%

carthage
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Sidious doesn't move like the Flash Lol. In fact I saw him fighting Windu and Yoda at pretty normal speeds. Even against Maul and Opress(animation) he was no where close to invisible.

I mean all Jedi are continuously blocking laser blasts which are much much faster than Sidious could ever move in his wildest dreams.

Except that Sidious has deflected hordes of blaser bolts from droids along with Plagueis and never got hit thumb up.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by carthage
Except that Sidious has deflected hordes of blaser bolts from droids along with Plagueis and never got hit thumb up.

thumb up

Which would means Sidious would have to actually outpace the blaster bolts by a pretty good margin. In fact, Sidious had to run circles around Plagueis in order to protect Plagueis from being hit.

DP's own logic defies him, unless he thinks Viszla is faster than blaster bolts considering he managed to land physical blows on Maul whereas blaster bolts were easily deflected and evaded by him.

Marco1907
The Son of Mortis speedblitzes via squashing your throat, we didn't see any lightsaber skill from him.

nBBad4-3CzM

carthage
Relating to the 200 droid feat:

Marco1907

Yeah agility is also important, but I've always considered agility as part of speed.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Marco1907
Yeah agility is also important, but I've always considered agility as part of speed.

Mobility and Agility basically is the way they use their speed.

But what they don't do is simply blitz around at invisible speeds like The Flash.

SW is a visual medium first and foremost. So anyone arguing some kind of invisible speedblitz can post a video first to prove it. Novels are just fill of hyperbole.

NemeBro

FreshestSlice
Exactly. And novels are only valid when describing Marek. Otherwise, it's basically not even Legends Canon.

Marco1907
Mobility and Agility basically is the way they use their speed.

thumb up

That's why Kai Hudorra said that Vader is ''slow'', clearly Vader has good reflexes (even in Purge) but he lacks mobility and agility too much.

NemeBro
Vader is a special case because he can't move his fat ass very quickly, so he can't capitalize on his reflexes. If a character is quick as shit but has poor reaction-time and attack speed he still can't really blitz because his arms will be moving too slow to capitalize on his body's speed. The anti-Vader.

Even then, it all comes down to speed being more important than skill. / shrugs

Based

carthage
Vader isnt fat Neme, stop bodyshaming Anakin

NemeBro
I saw those jowls when he took the mask off. ****ing porker.

Arhael
Originally posted by Marco1907
The Son of Mortis speedblitzes via squashing your throat, we didn't see any lightsaber skill from him.

nBBad4-3CzM
Pre Visla speedblitzes via unarmed combo. big grin
_Vtj5YxDcCk

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael
Pre Visla speedblitzes via unarmed combo. big grin

Yes clearly he moved faster than Kenobi could perceive with that movement.

Marco1907
Vizsla is another example for skill necessity in speedblitz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0spaxtvTU&feature=player_detailpage#t=174

He was using pure skill.

FreshestSlice
Vizsla doesn't have Force augmentation. He's not speedblitzing.

Marco1907
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's not speedblitzing.

But he did with that fodders, that should prove that skill is also important as speed in lightsaber blitz.

NemeBro
None of those fodder were armed with a weapon that could oppose a lightsaber and half of them literally weren't ****ing facing him when he started his attack.

That wasn't a speedblitz.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vizsla doesn't have Force augmentation. He's not speedblitzing.

That's not really an argument to say Sidious has the force therefore his was a real speed blitz, whilst Vizsla doesn't therefore his was not.

You have to prove what speed Sidious moved at.

And btw Vizsla did go toe to toe with 2 other Force Users, Kenobi and Maul.

FreshestSlice
That's not really an argument to say Sidious has the force therefore his was a real speed blitz, whilst Vizsla doesn't therefore his was not.

Um, what? I'm not trying to prove what Sidious has, I'm saying Vizsla definitely doesn't.

You read the same novel as me. You don't accept it, fine.

And? So did literally every other random goon in TCW. Speed only matters when they're jumping from speeder to speeder, because it looks cooler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.