Jensaarai1: Darth Malgus vs Obi-wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Jensaarai1 is doing a collaboration video on Darth Malgus vs Obi-wan Kenobi. What kind of bull shit can we expect out of him this time?

"Malgus is ice, Kenobi is water."

ILS
That guys ****s logic and reason so far up the ass their eyes pop out

Emperordmb
LOL, nothing will ever be as bad as that damn Zannah vs Tholme video, but this could go very wrong as well.

ILS
It's a fight worth discussing. Malgus can win by ragdolling, but it's not his go-to tactic. And given that Kenobi tends to end fights in one move after finding a lapse in ones defence, it's not like Malgus would get a chance to think "right, he's pressing me here, better use the Force" - Kenobi is a counter-attacker, he's the one on the defensive.

So.. yeah, a fight worth discussing for sure. I'm just worried about how this chucklehead is going to actually carry out the video.

Nephthys
Malgus can tank multiple lightsaber blows though.

carthage
Zannah and Tholme are both crap fighters, the correct assessment would be that their mediocrity in dueling opens a black hole and destroys them both.

I have no hope for the video though.

Marco1907
He also claimed that Vader can beat Yoda.

chilled monkey
This video is going to be epic, just like all of the others. Jensaarai1 is a complete genius and the level of effort he puts into making his VS. series is amazing. It's because of him that I discovered Star Wars VS. videos on Youtube and I love watching them.

I really don't get why people here keep badmouthing him. I assume it's because he doesn't mindlessly worship Yoda like nearly everyone here does, and because he dares to say that Yoda isn't invincible and can actually be beaten.

I am really looking forwards to this.

carthage
Its because he inundates his videos with so much personal opinionated nonsense that its virtually impossible to take him seriously. He doesn't rely on feats as much as he goes by his own word/occasional role playing statistics lmao. There are worse videos out there though.

ILS
Jensarrai basically just draws his own conclusions on what a character can do, especially characters he knows little about, opposed to citing source material. Add in his ridiculous levels of bias and the fact he focuses on aspects of fights that are barely important to begin with... well let's just say you'll be missing brain cells afterwards. Other youtubers are bad for it too.

There was one guy who claimed Shaak Ti could make Darth Maul run away from her in a duel, and that Plo Koon or Shaak Ti could manhandle Maul with the Force.

carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0sQVAlGrY

Or this genius video where Bandele says Bane beats Malgus in a duel beause of Malgus's armor and his curved hilt LMFAO. In spite of the fact that Malgus has beaten better opponents than Bane, and that Bane has only beaten academy trainees. Youtube videos are nonsense. The types of conclusions they reach are literally based on nothing more than their own insights as opposed to what actually happened/feats

ILS
Pretty much lol.

Oh and apparently Plo Koon's moral standing of seeing things in black and white translates to combat.

Q99
Personally, I find his videos hit and miss. He does explain his reasoning pretty well, so even if it is opinion, you see why his has X opinion and what areas he misjudged.

Jmanghan
...My damn informative threads are better then the bullshit he spews, least I throw feats and facts in there instead of just saying "DUH, WELL, THIS CHARACTER DID THIS AND UH... HE WINS" Btw, he brings up the armament of each character like it matters, as if it's going to have some impact on the fight just because one character has better grip of their lightsaber then the other.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by ILS
Pretty much lol.

Oh and apparently Plo Koon's moral standing of seeing things in black and white translates to combat.

I haven't watched much of his videos but the few that I have, he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

For example, Yoda is not a good saber duelist because he mastered every form and has to adopt elements from other forms to compensate for what his main form lacks? What? In other words, he's saying Yoda's a poor duelist by proving he's an exceptional one without even realizing that's what he's saying.

ILS
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I haven't watched much of his videos but the few that I have, he didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

For example, Yoda is not a good saber duelist because he mastered every form and has to adopt elements from other forms to compensate for what his main form lacks? What? In other words, he's saying Yoda's a poor duelist by proving he's an exceptional one without even realizing that's what he's saying. And then movie casuals sit there worshipping him like deity because he put up a comic scan he found from google to supplement his own ridiculous conjecture. Because anyone who adds in random EU content that has nothing to do with what they're saying must be an expert on Star Wars.

The Merchant
This guys the worst lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gViFclszsQ4

WildBantha88
That guy just doesn't know any modern sith

NewGuy01
Nah, I talked to him a couple years back about it. He takes great faith in Kreia's statement regarding Tulak Hord, going as far as to say the older the Sith, the stronger.

The Merchant
He also thinks Naga Sadow's usage of Force Tech amplified his powers by not a wide margin and believes Sadow can destroy stars with his own power, just smaller ones.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0sQVAlGrY
Youtube videos are nonsense.

Youtube videos are AWESOME! They are a lot of fun to watch. Do you even know what "fun" means?

Originally posted by carthage
The types of conclusions they reach are literally based on nothing more than their own insights as opposed to what actually happened/feats

So what, they're not allowed to have their own opinions?

Originally posted by ILS

Yes. He sees things clearly. The fact that the makers go into depth like that is what makes them so enjoyable.

Originally posted by Q99
He does explain his reasoning pretty well, so even if it is opinion, you see why his has X opinion and what areas he misjudged.

Precisely. Thank you.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Btw, he brings up the armament of each character like it matters, as if it's going to have some impact on the fight just because one character has better grip of their lightsaber then the other.

Again, it's FUN that he compares the armaments. I love that he goes into detail like that. Listening to descriptions of lightsabres is part of the enjoyment.

chilled monkey
I haven't watched much of his videos

Clearly.

For example, Yoda is not a good saber duelist because he mastered every form and has to adopt elements from other forms to compensate for what his main form lacks? What? In other words, he's saying Yoda's a poor duelist by proving he's an exceptional one without even realizing that's what he's saying.

He has NEVER claimed Yoda was a poor duellist. He simply feels that Yoda is over-rated and with good reason.

The point he has always made is that Yoda's skills are just textbook perfect applications of Form. Yoda hasn't really refined or personalised them in any way, not like say Mace Windu refined Juyo to come up with his own personalised style.

Again, this is NOT saying Yoda is a poor duellist. It is simply acknowledging his limitations.

Heck, Jensaarai1 has given Yoda the victory against Plagueis and Satele Shan. Clearly he's fair.

ILS
You know what else is fun? Not having my ears bleed from the sheer volume of retardation going through them.

red8
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Clearly.

He has NEVER claimed Yoda was a poor duellist. He simply feels that Yoda is over-rated and with good reason.

The point he has always made is that Yoda's skills are just textbook perfect applications of Form. Yoda hasn't really refined or personalised them in any way, not like say Mace Windu refined Juyo to come up with his own personalised style.

That's not a good reason IMO. The standards are the standards because they work. The only reasons to stray from the standards are if something is truly new and innovative or to compensate for some sort of weakness.

He used the choreography from Attack of the Clones as part of his argument on why Yoda isn't very skilled. That's reaching for straws.

I do watch his videos, but I do get annoyed sometimes because it seems like he'll find some minor flaw in a character and explode it out of proportion.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by red8
I do watch his videos, but I do get annoyed sometimes because it seems like he'll find some minor flaw in a character and explode it out of proportion.

thumb up

The Merchant
I remember one time watching one of his vids and he said that because the way Yoda was blocking Dooku's saber, all Dooku had to do was push forward and kill Yoda.

Dionysus
Originally posted by Q99
Personally, I find his videos hit and miss. He does explain his reasoning pretty well, so even if it is opinion, you see why his has X opinion and what areas he misjudged.
Agreed.

SIDIOUS 66

Again, this is NOT saying Yoda is a poor duellist. It is simply acknowledging his limitations.

Heck, Jensaarai1 has given Yoda the victory against Plagueis and Satele Shan. Clearly he's fair.

His point is simply illogical, and does not describe someone with just "textbook perfection" of each form. In order for Yoda to master all saber forms to such an extent that he can incorporate any form in a saber duel to compensate for what his main form lacks, makes him an exceptional duelist. It suggests that Yoda's mastery over each form extends far beyond than just knowing the mechanics of each form, but skilled enough to incorporate them into his main form in the middle of combat. That's mastery at it's finest, and you can't get any better than that. That's how one refines his own style; it's how Vader refined his form: by adopting elements from multiple forms to create his own unique way of fighting. Implying that's a limitation doesn't make any sense and is an attempt to lowball, and shows he doesn't know what he's talking about, and it's most definitely isn't explaining how Yoda is overrated. The guy asserts that Yoda isn't talented enough to refine his form by basically proving that Yoda did refine his form.

The mechanics of juyo and vapaad are nearly identical. The only difference is mindset. Mastering vapaad is basically mastering one's inner darkness and using it without falling victim to it and succumbing to the dark side. Not to mention it allows Mace to feed on the rage of his opponents. Mace didn't refine the mechanics/sequences of juyo. He made it more easy for him to use by mastering and controlling his negative emotions. Mastering juyo, which is an incorporation of multiple forms into one, is what shows Mace's lightsaber skills; mastering vapaad shows his strong willpower and force mastery.

Marco1907

Maybe jensaari has some point on this. I mean, surely Yoda's skill with soresu is not Obi-Wan's level (probably) nor his skill with makashi not on Dooku's level, nor djem-so etc.

Still Yoda's prefered style was Ataru, and he is using that for compensate his weakness of mobility.

Nevertheless, he was the best ataru practitioner in the whole series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.