PS4 - Recommendations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
I just bought a PS4, I have one game, inFamous: second son. Cool game but I already finished it.

What do you guys recommend I go for next?

No sports/racing games please.

Reflassshh
Outlast, Alien isolation, AC IV or Unity, The last of us remastered are all good choices.

Any genres in particular?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Outlast, Alien isolation, AC IV or Unity, The last of us remastered are all good choices.

Any genres in particular? Good choices thumb up

---

Check out Destiny and see if it is something you'd like.

Watch Dogs is worth a rental at the very least.

If you're into shooters than you can't go wrong with Battlefield 4 and Advanced Warfare.

Estacado
Shadow of Mordor.
Last of us remastered

Scoobless
I like assassins creed style games... Any Batman games out for PS4?

Estacado
Originally posted by Scoobless
I like assassins creed style games... Any Batman games out for PS4?
Shadow Of Mordor
Its like the Arkham/AC games with the same combat and stealth system as the Batman ones.

If you like action games with great visuals dont miss it.

Arkham Knight comes out next year.

Impediment
The Last of Us: Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V

Bentley
Originally posted by Scoobless
I just bought a PS4, I have one game, inFamous: second son. Cool game but I already finished it.

What do you guys recommend I go for next?

Buy a Wii U.

Other than that, I think most of the guys did pretty decent answers already, remastered versions of solid games, Alien Isolation and maybe Shadow of Mordor.

I'd tell you not to bother with Watchdogs, but I haven't played it enough for my opinion to be meaningful there.

Estacado
Originally posted by Bentley
Buy a Wii U.

Other than that, I think most of the guys did pretty decent answers already, remastered versions of solid games, Alien Isolation and maybe Shadow of Mordor.

I'd tell you not to bother with Watchdogs, but I haven't played it enough for my opinion to be meaningful there.
estahuh

Bentley

Nemesis X
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
inFamous First Light
Wolfenstein the New Order

Also give Destiny a shot if you're a fan of grinding.

It also wouldn't hurt to try Knack but given everyone's mixed reaction to it, you may want to rent it first. Personally, I think it's decent.

NemeBro
Most of the games in this thread can be gotten on PC.

Just get a gaming PC.

BlackZero30x
I don't have a PS4 but a lot of the games that have been discussed are mutiplatform. I say You don't want to miss out on Shadow of Mordor if you like Assassins Creed/Batman style games. Watchdogs(for me at least) had a slow start but the more I played it the more I liked it. Absolutely worth checking into. Id say Destiny but it is a bit of a grind fest. If you're into that kind of game then there ya go. I hit lvl 30(level cap) about two weeks ago. You will need to play with other people and get lucky to hit the level cap.

ares834
Not really any good current gem games out besides SoM TBh. I mean most of the games listed in this thread really aren't that great IMO or are just remasters of games barely a year old. Current gen has been really underwhelming so far.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Most of the games in this thread can be gotten on PC.

Just get a gaming PC.

thumb up

Bentley
Originally posted by ares834
Current gen has been really underwhelming so far.

That unless you:

Buy a Wii U.

Scoobless
Shadow of Mordor? Seems like everyone is on-board with that suggestion. I'll check it out

Estacado
thumb up
As the others said the good stuff is yet to come like Ac Unity,Fc 4,Arkham Knight,Evolve,Division.
Currently ps4 is pretty low on next gen stuff.sad

Smasandian
Yeah, is there a exclusive coming for the PS4 this year?

I know Bloodborne is out in Feb but I can't think of anything else in the near future.

I tried the alpha for Evolve. Did not like it. It was pretty boring. It didn't have the Valve touch.

Estacado
Not anything worth mentioning.
Most of the ps4 exclusives are phuckin 2d games.
That's really retarded.

Zack Fair
Sony and their sick obsession with indies ~_~

Estacado
Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays?

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Estacado
Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays? Original Silent Hill trilogy biscuits

Nephthys
Braid.

Bentley
Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays?

I like 2D games, but there is such thing as beating a dead horse.

Specially when those genres have literal years of old gems you can get rather cheap.

NemeBro
Some of the new games have breath taking graphics who the phuck wants to play 2d game nowdays? People with taste.

Estacado
Yeah I bet everybody is cheering that like 80% of the ps4 exclusive games are 2d games with graphics a ps2 could handle.

Ridley_Prime
Because most games now have to be some overglorified AAA budget titles or they're garbage, mirite?

Estacado
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Because most games now have to be some overglorified AAA budget titles or they're garbage, mirite?
They should make quality games not generic crap with the power of next gen.
In gameplay and graphics as well.
Im not pissed because we get 2d games Im pissed because we get them as exclusives and loads of them while we could get great stuff like Infamous.
We had like 6-7 ps4 only 2d games just this year.
Everyone likes to go retro but dont tell me with the power of ps4 you wanna play these....

If I wanted to play 2d games I would buy a phuckin gameboy.

Smasandian
I guess it goes to show you how much MS ****ed their reveal of the Xbox One. Going by the history of consoles, MS should in theory by on top of Sony based on the exclusives they have right now.

Oh well. I'm getting a PS4 in the Spring so I can play baseball but I'm enjoying the **** out of my Xbox One and Sunset Overdrive.

Bentley
They should make quality games not generic crap with the power of next gen.
In gameplay and graphics as well.
Im not pissed because we get 2d games Im pissed because we get them as exclusives and loads of them while we could get great stuff like Infamous.
We had like 6-7 ps4 only 2d games just this year.
Everyone likes to go retro but dont tell me with the power of ps4 you wanna play these....

If I wanted to play 2d games I would buy a phuckin gameboy.

They picked those games because no actual PS4 developped games were ready for launch. You can easily adapt 2D games in different systems, even as an afterthought, so you can pay for exclusiveness late in development. It makes sense in a "better have some exclusives than no exclusives at all".

This is exactly what happened to Wii U at launch, you have a game drought the first year of so, then the second year has some games and the third year you actually get next gen content for your troubles. I fully expect PS4 to put out quality games earlier than Wii U though, more development teams used to working on HD and more people overall has to be an advantage.

In the meantime, Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games on PS4 as if their lives depended on it thumb up

Smasandian
You mean Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games for all systems?

And seriously, it might be slightly annoying to have a game less than 1080p but it's not a ****ing big deal. Tell that to people who have Call of Duty for the PS4 where it ****ing stutters while the Xbox One is silky smooth....gotta have the 1080p!

Nemesis X
Where did these resolution freaks even come from anyway? Did nobody play a game system on their standard TV while growing up?

Smasandian
Personally I think it's people way of giving reason to buy a new console. Every other console generation had a huge leap forward in terms of graphics and functionality.

From the 8 bit to 16 bit and then 3D. Then the leap from PS2/GC/Xbox to last gen was a massive step forward.

This generation is not that same leap. Games will look really, really good but it's going to more subtle.

Bentley
Originally posted by Smasandian
You mean Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games for all systems?

Pretty much, until they actually spend some time with the console, they are quite happy with providing filler games during the game drought.

All that while publishing Just Dance a dozen of times as a Wii U exclusive Happy Dance

Estacado
They picked those games because no actual PS4 developped games were ready for launch. You can easily adapt 2D games in different systems, even as an afterthought, so you can pay for exclusiveness late in development. It makes sense in a "better have some exclusives than no exclusives at all".

This is exactly what happened to Wii U at launch, you have a game drought the first year of so, then the second year has some games and the third year you actually get next gen content for your troubles. I fully expect PS4 to put out quality games earlier than Wii U though, more development teams used to working on HD and more people overall has to be an advantage.

In the meantime, Ubisoft will pump halfcooked games on PS4 as if their lives depended on it thumb up
Makes sense.....
Still Id rather have some cool next gen stuff.313
Guess Ill just wait it out cant do much about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.