Swap Movie Directors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
What flick would you have like to seen with a different director.

Star Wars: JJ Abrams for Lucas.

Man of Steel: Ridley Scott for Synder

Firefly218
If you've seen watchmen, you'd know Zack Snyder is actually a really good director. The biggest problem with MoS was the shitty and dull script. With a better script, I think Snyder would've done a much better job.

And Ridley has released some duds recently. The Counselor was terrible I've heard.

JJ Abrams is amazing, so I agree on that one.

James Cameron instead of Martin Campbell for Green Lantern, in my ideal world.

marwash22
swap out Bay for Brad Bird in the Transformers movies.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Firefly218
If you've seen watchmen, you'd know Zack Snyder is actually a really good director. The biggest problem with MoS was the shitty and dull script. With a better script, I think Snyder would've done a much better job.

And Ridley has released some duds recently. The Counselor was terrible I've heard.

I agree with this.

Lestov16
Snyder did fine and while the script wasn't Citizen Kane, it was satisfactory for the film presented. Considering Scott's latest films were the terrible Prometheus and The Counselor, I definitely prefer Snyder.

Abrams is directing the new SW, so you got your wish there.

The Bourne Legacy- Greengrass over Gilroy easily

BruceSkywalker
just have michael bay do every film and be done with it.. then message boards will explode and be no more laughing laughing laughing

Flyattractor
I will swap Chris Nolan for Roger Corman and redo the Batman flicks.

marwash22
odd.

jaden101
I would've liked to have seen what Guillermo Del Toro would have done with the hobbit trilogy as was originally planned.

Patient_Leech
I would like to see David Cronenberg do The Punisher. I think that could f#cking rock. It would probably feel very much like John Wick.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just have michael bay do every film and be done with it.. then message boards will explode and be no more laughing laughing laughing

God no, Lmao.. laughing

Originally posted by jaden101
I would've liked to have seen what Guillermo Del Toro would have done with the hobbit trilogy as was originally planned.

Agreed. I think we needed a break from Peter Jackson.

marwash22
Swap out whoever directed the Ryan Reynolds GL movie with the Wachowski's.

jaden101
I think Peter Jackson could probably do a WW I OR II movie in pretty spectacular fashion. His sweeping battlefield shots on the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan would've been a sight.

I'd also like to see David Fincher do a remake of Thirst.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

God no, Lmao.. laughing

seriously though, i wouldn't mind Tarantino do something like John Wick or David Fincher do something like Mystic River

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Firefly218
Ridley has released some duds recently. The Counselor was terrible I've heard.

It wasnt bad. I enjoyed it. It's just more than a little depressing, though, I think because Ridley has death on the mind since he is getting up there in years and his brother killed himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.