Big Hero 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
It's out, it's awesome, who else has seen it?

Time Immemorial
So many others to see, Fury and Interstellar.

wakkawakkawakka
I saw this movie and it didn't disappoint Was actually going to see Interstellar instead, but after hearing the KMC folks voice their criticisms I'm kind of glad I didn't.

Tzeentch
It's outselling Interstellar right now, which is pretty ****ing hilarious.

BruceSkywalker
will see soon

Q99
I really liked how pro-science it was. Almost the entire cast were scientists, save for the one guy who loved the science the others were doing. Science could be used for bad, and it's bad to cut corners, but all kinds of people can be scientists and the science itself isn't bad.

Science!

Quincy
This flick was rad. It's really exciting that the kids who see the flick can get behind all these smart hard-working characters. And the girl on the rollerskates was the best - a positive female character for sure.

Tzeentch
I found her a little threatening tbh.

draxx_tOfU
Stan Lee <3

Q99
I'm really not sure who's tech was best. Honey's chemicals were pretty awesome too.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I found her a little threatening tbh.

Not really a bad thing smile

Does look like she could really slice someone up with those blades.

Tzeentch
Oh, I didn't mean physically threatening. I mean, it's already painful enough seeing *two* women in a laboratory in the first place. Her "take no shit from anyone" attitude is icing on the insult cake.

Quincy
Wow, man.

Tzeentch
muh traditional values

Quincy
The tradishest

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Oh, I didn't mean physically threatening. I mean, it's already painful enough seeing *two* women in a laboratory in the first place. Her "take no shit from anyone" attitude is icing on the insult cake.

Again, I view this as a good thing smile

Robtard
Was enjoyable overall, though nowhere near as good as The Incredibles in terms of story, characters, humor/wit and dialogue in general.

But Incredible was made for all ages, while this film had very little adult humor in it.

Q99
The story of Hiro handling loss and such was one of the better done takes on that kind of thing that I've seen.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Robtard
Was enjoyable overall, though nowhere near as good as The Incredibles in terms of story, characters, humor/wit and dialogue in general.

But Incredible was made for all ages, while this film had very little adult humor in it.
It's not really fair to compare this to The Incredibles IMO. The movie did it's job and did it well. Is there anything more to ask from a movie like this.

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
It's not really fair to compare this to The Incredibles IMO. The movie did it's job and did it well. Is there anything more to ask from a movie like this.

Yea, that's true. The stories are fairly different. They both tugged on the heart, Incredibles had that fairly long stretch of time focused on more normal life/Bob merely sneaking out. Big Hero was faster paced, and spent less time on the 'normal' side of things. It didn't have the build-up to the one climatic fight, it had more upbeats spread across it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.