Help on top 20 Sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
I have revised a new list and well would like any opinions on who should be switched around and stuff, sorry for the list being shoddy, I made this like at midnight.

Palpatine
Vitiate
Plagueis
Nihilus
Dread Masters
Caedus
Hord
Vader
Krayt
Bane
The Jen'Ari
Exar Kun
Dooku
Zannah
Traya
Ulic Qel-Droma
Freedon Nadd
Malak
Maul
Sion

The Merchant
Nox and Wrath have to be up there and I forgot Malgus and well the DC. I would put Malgus below Bane and the DC members below Kun. Nox above Traya and Wrath above Dooku Do note that the Jen'ari and DC members are represented one on one, I just don't want the majority of the list to be comprised of guys who's powers, besides the ones that don't fight, are more or less equal. DM's are the exception although by themselves are monsters from what I hear anyways.

carthage
Malgus is vastly more powerful and skilled than Bane

Malgus has telekinetically blown away the rubble of two buildings, ragdolled/telekinetically dominated the strike team he fought (Hero/Barsen/Nox/Wrath), lifted a boulder that blocked a mountain path, impacted a ship high in the air with a force wave, telekinetically force grasped Zeerid's shuttle as it lifted off, ragdolled Jedi, brought down a pillar with force scream, blown up Republic interceptor ships with force scream, shaken an entire manse with force scream rattled transparisteel with force scream, , and ragdolled Jedi, Malgus needed no nexus for these feats unlike Bane.

Bane has thrown a table hard enough to break it, killed men with a couch, telekinetically disrupted the organs of guards, killed guards with tk, broken a Sith lord's spine, thrown guards against walls, levitated a girl, broken a girls spine, and broken boxes and tents on Ruusan. Bane is nowhere near as powerful as Malgus as Bane's best "feats" take place on nexuses and he was amped when he performed then

Malgus is a better duelist than Bane. Bane has only beaten Fohargh and Sirak (after losing the first time) and fought evenly with Zannah (who has only beaten a featless half trained Jedi Knight). He was amped by Orbalisks/a nexus when he beat the Tython strike team, and he didn't beat them by virtue of his own skill. Bane has never beaten anyone by virtue of his own skill apart from featless trainees.

Malgus has beaten Ven Zallow, Kao Cen Darach, beaten Satele Shan twice, beaten a Zabrak Jedi master that toppled two buildings on him, beaten Lord Adraas, beaten Aryn Leneer twice, and dominated the strike team sent to fight him before going down. Bane is nowhere near the same tier as Malgus as a duelist.

Exar Kun, Darth Traya, Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Darth Krayt, Darth Malgus, Lumiya, Ulic Qel Droma, Wrath, Nox, Vader, and Dooku are all above Bane.

Malak might be above Bane too, I'm not sure.

carthage
Anyway a tier system with the guys you have should be something like this imo:

1. Sidious, Plagueis, Caedus, Tenebrous (Tier 10 duelists/force users)

2. Maul, Dooku, Vader, Lumiya (Tier 8.5-9) (Maul and Lumiya are outliers)

3. Kun, Krayt, Traya, Malgus, (Tier 8)

4. Wrath, Nox, Ulic, Xesh?

5. Bane, Zannah, Malak, Savage Opress,

Guys like Wyyrlok, Malak, Baras, and Opress might need their own tier too, hmm

Nadd, Vitiate, Nihilus, Muur, and the spirits are hard to rank.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf562FZ5Wmo

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRtxAbQLVM

Trocity
Originally posted by Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRtxAbQLVM

Very poor list

Revanchiste
This is just for the style... There no order no introduction...
The first one is better !

The Merchant
Ok, here's a better list IMO:

1.Palpatine
2.Vitiate
3.Plagueis
4.Nihilus
5.Dread Masters
6.Caedus
7.Tulak Hord
8.Krayt
9.Vader
10.Malgus
11.Order of Sith Lord's (Bane's Lineage up until Plagueis. Plagueis, Palpatine, Dooku, Maul, and Vader vary.)
12.Bane
13.Exar Kun
14.Count Dooku
15.Dark Council members and Emperor's Wrath (The ones who fight, ones in politics aren't in it.)
16.The Jen'ari
17.Traya
18.Malak
19.Freedon Nadd
20.Maul

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nadd should be a bit higher IMO.

The Merchant
Was thinking about that, maybe he's higher than Traya?

carthage
Bane shouldn't be above Kun, Dooku, Traya, or Maul

All of them are superior to Bane as duelists, force users, and more powerful overall.

The Merchant
Well I hold a pretty lofty view on Bane, so it'll be hard to change my opinion on him. Looking at Malgus's feats they're better but Bane with his Orbalisk armor is pretty strong.

Emperordmb
Carthage won't be satisfied until you have Ventress and Opress>Bane.

carthage
Originally posted by The Merchant
Well I hold a pretty lofty view on Bane, so it'll be hard to change my opinion on him. Looking at Malgus's feats they're better but Bane with his Orbalisk armor is pretty strong.

Orbalisk Bane's feats mainly take place on nexuses, as the best he could do with TK was send Zannah flying lol. His lightning is ok, but lightning has never earned him a victory against a powerful force sensitive.

Malgus's ragdolling/domination of the strike team (who are collectively more powerful), is more impressive than just sending Zannah flying backward. Likewise, Kun is a better duelist than Bane (beating Vodo/stalemating Ulic Qel Droma before his prime are better dueling feats than beating two featless trainees. Likewise Traya has oneshotted multiple Jedi masters at one, ragdolled them, and killed them with force drain (which Bane needed a nexus to use). Maul, Krayt's. and Dooku's feats are well known they've beaten superior individuals to Bane, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you their feats.

Bane is massively overrated and doesn't belong to be ranked along with high tier Sith.

The Merchant
Well I've always felt like Malgus was above Bane TBH, the original list I posted was pretty eh. Originally I had Maul and Kun sharing a spot, and the more I think about it he should be in-between 15 and 16 at the least, dunno why I put him at the bottom. Where would you put Bane on my list, and if you had to switch around several people as well.

carthage
Above Malak but beneath Kun, Malgus, Nox, Traya, Krayt, Maul, Dooku, Lumiya, Ulic, and Wrath. He should be above Hord, The dreadmasters, Nadd, and the spirits though- given as he's easier to rank due to his showings.

The Merchant
Nah I think Hord and the Dread Masters are top-tier. I take what is said aout Hord at face-value, even if something was exaggerated like say him killing 1000 Jedi, I think he had the power to bring down ships and he did kill 1000 Jedi, albeit not at the same time. Dread Masters destroyed whole fleets with devices that only they could control out of Millions of Sith, them getting taken out by a Strike Team is just bad Bioware writing.

carthage
None of them have any showings warranting them being above any of the Sith with feats. They're hype and that's about it really. Hord has no showings to put him above Bane, and the Dread masters getting taken out by featless Jedi is more or less proof they're fodder. I'm unsure about Malak being over Bane at least, they should be equal. What do you think?

Emperordmb
@The Merchant I'm actually working on a Darth Bane respect thread right now. I'll be sure to link you when it's finished.

carthage
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/darth-bane-respect-thread/97390/

Emperordmb
Some of Nova's threads are more or less lacking in content.

I'm sure Ant can attest to this.

The Merchant
Yeah but Hord's Hype has feats, get me? I mean it's not like Marka Ragnos where he's "OMG MOST POWERFULZ1!1" he gets some solid statements, but I understand that his worshipper might not be the most reliable sauce. Didn't one Dread Master take on a Strike Team though? As for Malak vs. Bane, I think Bane can beat him.

The Merchant
Yeah, I really want Bane to be at least number 10. His feats being on a Nexus shouldn't make him like 1000 times more powerful.

carthage
I can see him being 10 or lower. But throwing guards, breaking boxes and tents, and killing guards with a couch are pretty pathetic in comparison to feats from Malgus or Krayt. He isn't as strong as he is wanked over here, I'd put him well beneath a lot of high tier PT Jedi. His lightning withstanding he isn't very skilled as a lightsaber duelist, and his telekinetic feats are mediocre at their very best. He never was able to replicate any of his showings off nexus, so they aren't very important in judging how powerful he is.

The Merchant
I also think Maul is just below or might be in the same tier as DC members. DC members are strong though, two of them destroyed the Citadel from their fight. Maul's never had such a huge feat like that.

carthage
I'd have to know the circumstances surrounding them "destroying a citadel". TOR is notorious for hype, and I don't buy any of their feats unless I know the specifics of how they occurred. Maul should be pretty high up there imo, slightly above Kun/Krayt/Malgus and beneath Vader and Dooku.

The Merchant
Ah, so you think Dooku could be above Kun as well? I honestly want to put him above Kun and have him top 10 as well. However I learned that the Massassi Temples are extremely powerful temples that could withstand turbolaser firepower but thanks to the DS the Imperials didn't need to worry, this was implied in the Novelization.

carthage
Kun's feats with drain and the blasts were influenced by the darkside energies in the Temple of Yavin. In the TOTJ audiodrama Kun stated he could charge his gauntlets, but there is no real way to know if they'd be as powerful as they were in the Yavin temple. Likely not.

Dooku is faster, a better duelist, and is comparably powerful to Kun, though he has superior telekinetic showings.

Trocity
Maul wouldn't beat Krayt.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Some of Nova's threads are more or less lacking in content.

I'm sure Ant can attest to this.
thumb up

carthage
thumb up

He is just mad he Nova doesnt wank Bane

S_W_LeGenD
I also think Maul is just below or might be in the same tier as DC members. DC members are strong though, two of them destroyed the Citadel from their fight. Maul's never had such a huge feat like that.
I don't think that Darth Maul is DC level.

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine
Vitiate
Plagueis
Nihilus
Dread Masters
Caedus
Hord
Vader
Krayt
Bane
The Jen'Ari
Exar Kun
Dooku
Zannah
Traya
Ulic Qel-Droma
Freedon Nadd
Malak
Maul
Sion
My suggestion:-

- Darth Sidious <= Emperor Vitiate
- Darth Nox (Augmented by power of multiple Force ghosts)
- Darth Plagueis <= Tulak Hord
- Darth Nihilus

--- --- --- --- --- --- Dread Masters standards --- --- --- --- --- ---

- Exar Kun <= Emperor's Wrath II
- Darth Malgus (Emperor)
- Darth Caedus
- Darth Krayt (Emperor)
- Darth Revan

--- --- --- --- --- --- Emperor's Wrath standards (Emperor's Wrath I) --- --- --- --- --- ---

- Marka Ragnos (Emperor)
- Darth Zannah

--- --- --- --- --- --- The Exiles standards (Ajunta Pall) --- --- --- --- --- ---

- Darth Traya

--- --- --- --- --- --- Rule of Two standards (Darth Bane) --- --- --- --- --- ---

- Darth Vader
- Darth Wyyrlok III

--- --- --- --- --- --- Dark Council standards --- --- --- --- --- ---

- Count Dooku <= Darth Malak
- Freedon Nadd

NewGuy01
I'll get to the rest later, Merc.

A fairly solid top 5, though I don't think it makes sense to list the collective Dread Masters as a single Sith--And if you mean each individual DM to be on tier with Emperor Vitiate, I'm fairly sure you're mistaken.

I personally have a fair share of doubts concerning Nihilus's ability to make the top 5, but that's a fairly unpopular opinion, and it would make sense to be inclusive of him.

Again, not bad. Tulak Hord can't really be definitively ranked IMO, but he should be roughly on par with the others here. Still, if you're going to include him, wouldn't it be somewhat sinful not to include his rival Alloysius Kalig in the top 20?

I also wouldn't put Bane over Exar Kun. And who are the Jen'Ari?

The Merchant
My bad since I can't edit my opening post anymore, but just for those who didn't see my newer list, @Newguy the Jen'ari are the Jedi exiles like Ajunta Pall, Murr, etc:

1.Palpatine
2.Vitiate
3.Plagueis
4.Nihilus
5.Dread Masters
6.Caedus
7.Tulak Hord
8.Krayt
9.Vader
10.Malgus
11.Order of Sith Lord's (Bane's Lineage up until Plagueis. Plagueis, Palpatine, Dooku, Maul, and Vader vary.)
12.Bane
13.Exar Kun
14.Count Dooku
15.Dark Council members and Emperor's Wrath (The ones who fight, ones in politics aren't in it.)
16.The Jen'ari
17.Traya
18.Malak
19.Freedon Nadd
20.Maul

carthage
Hord shouldn't be up there unless you believe rumors, and Bane is inferior to Exar Kun as a duelist/force user. He should be like 19/20 beneath Traya and Maul for sure.

The Merchant
True, I forgot about Kallig, if I had to rank him he's probably under Caedus. Although isn't Nox his successor or did Nox never surpass Kallig?

carthage
Here is another thread where posters put SW characters on a tier system, its a mix of Jedi/Sith. In case you didn't catch it before Merchant:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t603796.html

The Merchant
Huh, interesting. Will review it to see what others think.

Marco1907
Should I make a youtube video about Top Sith Lords ?

The Merchant
Go for it.

The Merchant
I've always wondered why Maul was half-naked a lot during TCW.

NewGuy01
1.) Malgus probably shouldn't be above Exar Kun, and I doubt he's stronger than every member of the RoT between Zannah and Plagueis.

2.) If by the Jen'ari you mean the original Dark Lords of the Sith, they should be above the Dark Council tbh.

True, I forgot about Kallig, if I had to rank him he's probably under Caedus. Although isn't Nox his successor or did Nox never surpass Kallig?

In my estimation he never outright surpassed him, though he is indeed of his blood.

carthage
He should be stronger than every member from Zannah up to Tenebrous at least. The other Banite Sith line have no feats to suggest being more powerful than Malgus, although this is due to lack of exposition.

Nephthys
Kallig was said to be Tulak Hord's rival in terms of power and ability. So whether or not Nox surpassed him depends on how you rate Hord compared to Nox imo.

Selenial
Dread Masters

Invalidates the whole list... Just no.

Nephthys
You don't rate the Masters?

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
You don't rate the Masters?

That high? Hahaha no.

Nephthys
Dread Masters > Traya. crackers

Selenial
Dread Masters > Traya. crackers

*shrug* Perhaps, but this is top 20 sith, not teams-of-six-get-to-try-and-compete-for-theoretical-spots Top 20.

A single dread master is probably worse than Sion smokin'

Emperordmb
Nah. I don't rate the individual dread masters as high as some people, but they definitely impress me more than Sion.

The Merchant
I rate them when they perform in unison with their powers, dunno many Sith who can destroy fleets of enemy ships via mind-destroying fear.

Nephthys
Even individually the Dread Master are some of the most powerful Sith the Empire ever produced, as well as centuries old and absolute masters of the darkside.

The Merchant
That too, I feel like people kinda underestimate them when they were the only Sith in the Empire to master the Phobis Device and have dedicated themselves to the Dark-side nearly as much as people like Palpatine and Vitiate. But I prefer to schlub them all together.

NewGuy01
Nox was considered by the Dread Masters to be suitable for joining their ranks. I doubt they'd turn down someone like Traya, I'd wager they'd kick someone out for the opportunity LOL.

The Merchant
Huh, that's an interesting tid-bit of info.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nox was considered by the Dread Masters to be suitable for joining their ranks. I doubt they'd turn down someone like Traya, I'd wager they'd kick someone out for the opportunity LOL.

Nox > Traya though.

Plus they were only saying that to replace whatshisface when he died.

NewGuy01
Nah. Traya's da boss.

The Merchant
I feel like I ranked Maul too low, what do you guys think?

Selenial
Even individually the Dread Master are some of the most powerful Sith the Empire ever produced, as well as centuries old and absolute masters of the darkside.

Individually they are nothing. None of their feats happened when they weren't linked.

Hell, individually some of them weren't even Sith, Calphayus basically broke down in tears and blubbered like a child when he found out what he had done.

NewGuy01
Not sure where you have him. He's above the majority of the Dark Council warriors and below big guys like Vader. If he's in that range you're prolly good.

The Merchant
I have him right at the bottom... But yeah I think he should be in the DC's range at least. 11-20 is a mess for me.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah. Traya's da boss.

She is, but Nox is still her superior.

Originally posted by Selenial
Individually they are nothing. None of their feats happened when they weren't linked.

Hell, individually some of them weren't even Sith, Calphayus basically broke down in tears and blubbered like a child when he found out what he had done.

They were chosen for a reason regardless. None of their feats happened when they weren't linked because we've never seen them when they weren't linked except in the case of the broken Calphayus. That doesn't mean they suck, Vitiate wouldn't hire losers. Each were powerful and talented enough to merit his attention.

That doesn't make him not powerful, and he was a Sith before he was a Dread Master. He was just a different person without the link. Which is why going on about them individually is silly, since they're all linked mentally and with their power. Take it away and they're completely different characters. We're discussing them as Dread Masters.

The Merchant
Nephthys knows.

Marco1907
Scabrous should be on these lists imo.

Marco1907
I feel like I ranked Maul too low, what do you guys think?

starwars.com disagrees with you as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlnec4Ka1Ds

NewGuy01
That's top 10 favorites, not most powerful silly boy.

Marco1907
Shame on you Newguy....

''This Zabrak was so strong with the dark side''

Board Walker
Nihilus as #1, Revan (3.0) as #2, Caedus/Vit tied for #3/4, sidious for #4.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Marco1907
starwars.com disagrees with you as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlnec4Ka1Ds
Marco, stop making every laugh at you even more then they have to.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Marco, stop making every laugh at you even more then they have to.

Should I add you to my ignore list ?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Marco1907
Should I add you to my ignore list ?
If you don't want to know why we are all making fun of you, sure.

Marco1907
You are the first of my ignore list. Cheers !

DarthAnt66
Good, now the real trolling can begin. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif
(Because I know you will click the view button anyway and see what I say out of curiosity).

The Merchant
I decided to switch 11 through 20, I have the Order of Sith Lords above Malgus for example:

11.Malgus
12.Bane
13.Exar Kun
14.Jen'ari
15.Dooku
16.Maul
17.Dark Council members
18.Traya
19.Freedon Nadd
20.Malak

Trocity
I decided to switch 11 through 20, I have the Order of Sith Lords above Malgus for example:

11.Malgus
12.Bane
13.Exar Kun
14.Jen'ari
15.Dooku
16.Maul
17.Dark Council members
18.Traya
19.Freedon Nadd
20.Malak

Kun>Bane!!!!!!!

carthage
Don't forget Traya, Dooku, and Maul. They should all be above Bane (Exar as well)

I'm honestly unsure if Traya should be above Malgus or not.

The Merchant
I updated 10-20 since I felt like when I made that chunk of the list I just pulled it out of my bum, will post it tomorrow.

carthage
Do not forget the sacred words apprentice.

The Merchant
Yes, in fact it will be branded right next to him in my list.

The Merchant

Board Walker
My question is why would anyone not have Nihilus as #1? There is no one in the mythos that could defeat Nihilus definitively in a 1 versus 1 fight, save for the exile who just happened to a wound that he was unaware of. Even though after he was vastly weakened by his own powers being turned against him, it took the combined might of the Exile and a strike team to kill him.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Board Walker
My question is why would anyone not have Nihilus as #1? There is no one in the mythos that could defeat Nihilus definitively in a 1 versus 1 fight, save for the exile who just happened to a wound that he was unaware of. Even though after he was vastly weakened by his own powers being turned against him, it took the combined might of the Exile and a strike team to kill him.
Would the almighty Revan not beat Nihilus definitively?

The Merchant
Cause I believe Palpatine's Plagueis, and Vitiate have enough Force reserves to "tank" the hit for a limited time and since I also believe they have the knowledge to resist Drain they can use it well enough to hinder Nihilus-sama's drain even longer. Palpatine and Vitiate can perform Drain on a planetary scale too, and Plagueis has caused stuff to happen on a planetary scale with his energies. They also have the speed to cut him down. My two cents anyways.

Board Walker
Cause I believe Palpatine's Plagueis, and Vitiate have enough Force reserves to "tank" the hit for a limited time and since I also believe they have the knowledge to resist Drain they can use it well enough to hinder Nihilus-sama's drain even longer. Palpatine and Vitiate can perform Drain on a planetary scale too, and Plagueis has caused stuff to happen on a planetary scale with his energies. They also have the speed to cut him down. My two cents anyways.

So I have debated this before, and I'll pull up some of my prior post for you to see. The point I'm going to present to you is that Nihilus does not know or perform Force Drain, what he does is instantly devour ones connection to the Force itself. He force severs ones soul, and essence from the force.

Trocity
Sidious blitzes Nihilus.

Board Walker

I'll quote the whole thing but I'll bold and underline the parts you should know if you don't want to read it all.

Kreia: "He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand.{Quietly}Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts.

{Chiding}Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.Nothing is impossible with the Force. It is an energy that flows through all living things. And like energy, it may be harnessed, channeled, and consumed at times. It may even be a substance that can burn and ignite.Do not think of his power as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did. As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely. Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended.It is an empty road to the dark side, and by traveling it, the price is death before one's time. "

As you can see, Traya says clearly that the immense power Nihilus has can not be taught. It is an empty road in the dark side and if Revan had the instinct and experienced it, he may be like Nihilus too. Which he isn't so how could he have learned it?

The power is clearly not a Force Drain, though. It requires using the Force Bonds explained in KOTOR II but then severing them and cutting off life itself before feeding on the death caused by this.

Also Kreia says Nihilus and his Assassin's technique must be killed so this power is lost forever. If you could learn it or if Revan had known it, she would have wanted him destroyed it.

The Merchant
If Kun could tank a Force Sever I'm pretty sure those three can as well. Maybe a connection to the Force is also as strong as one's reserves?

Board Walker
If Kun could tank a Force Sever I'm pretty sure those three can as well. Maybe a connection to the Force is also as strong as one's reserves?

I don't think so because it states that Nihilus feeds upon all bonds of the force, he devours the very connections an entity has with the force itself. He isn't severing you from the force, he is literally devouring the very force itself. On top of that he devours any and all Will power that one puts into the force, thus why so many became his mindless slaves.

As for those claiming he will speed blitz? Look at the above post, it states he constantly and at all times devouring the force around him, and devouring the will of anyone who channels the force. Nihilus doesn't need to react they would instantly be devoured, their soul and connection to the force would be consumed as would their Will power.

Nephthys
My question is why would anyone not have Nihilus as #1?

Because Sidious is the bestest ever.

Board Walker
Because Sidious is the bestest ever.

Sidious is not the best duelist nor practitioner of the force in a direct combat situation, thus why he was soundly defeated at the hands of DE luke Skywalker.

Sidious is also not the best strategist or tactician, as is his inferiority to Revan and many others in a theatre of open war.

What makes Sidious so valuable is because he is quite good in several areas of intelligence, and not the best in any single area. He is quite skilled in manipulation, deception, long term planning, patience, sith alchemy, and is quite skilled in saber combat.

Sidious is overall very powerful due to his expertise in several fields of practice, however he is by no means number 1 in terms of power within the mythos. Caedus would kill DE sidious in one versus one combat, Revan would defeat sidious in an all out open war where each side possessed equal resources, and Nihilus dwarfs Sidious in terms of raw Force power output.

The Merchant
Kreia said he uses a dark-side version of Force Sever, and it kills the opponent and then he drains the opponent after he's done. Palpatine's raw output is greater than Nihilus, ripping apart space-time takes a lot of energy. If we bring science into this, to make a wormhole that's the size of a micron, which is merely a bend of space-time, you would need the energy output of 10 billion Stars to do so that's made in one year.

The Merchant
Also what he did to Byss is very similar to what Nihilus did to the Ravager.

Board Walker
Kreia said he uses a dark-side version of Force Sever, and it kills the opponent and then he drains the opponent after he's done. Palpatine's raw output is greater than Nihilus, ripping apart space-time takes a lot of energy. If we bring science into this, to make a wormhole that's the size of a micron, which is merely a bend of space-time, you would need the energy output of 10 billion Stars to do so that's made in one year.

She never states Nihilus uses a dark side variant of Force Severe, she states that Nihilus is able to instinctively feed upon the bonds that combine an entity with that of the force. She also states Nihilus is able to devour the Will that an individual puts into the force when he/she uses the force, Nihilus devours an entities will power, and also their bonds that connect them to the force.

This is a very critical difference because the counter for Force drain is to put a portion of your internal force energy outside of yourself in order to stall the effect of the force drain. Nihilus doesn't devour your force energy rather he devours your "bonds" with the force, and he devours your will pour that allows you to use the force. There is no known defense against this.'

Also Nihilus possesses the greatest TK feats in all of the Starwars Mythos, it is arguable that Nihilus could instantly TK ragdoll/crush Nihilus.

Trocity
lol @ Revan beating Sidious

Trocity
it is arguable that Nihilus could instantly TK ragdoll/crush Nihilus.

thumb up He kills himself when he sees Sidious coming, if he can even perceive Sidious' movements, that is.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Trocity
lol @ Revan beating Sidious

As of the 3.0 update Revan defeats the top 8 champions of the Sith Empire and the Republic combined simultaneously, and he does this at only half power. The only reason the player wins is because Revan's Light half sabotages the tangible Dark Half you are fighting.

Sidious could not replicate this feat

Board Walker
Originally posted by Trocity
thumb up He kills himself when he sees Sidious coming, if he can even perceive Sidious' movements, that is.

Sidious would instantly die when with Nihilus presence, his powerful force bonds would be instantly devoured (he requires no thought or action to do this).

The Merchant
Sidious can kill the 8 champions plus their feat with a Force Storm. Unrelated question, I thought the Ancient Sith knew of Nihilus's tech?

Board Walker
Sidious can kill the 8 champions plus their feat with a Force Storm. Unrelated question, I thought the Ancient Sith knew of Nihilus's tech?

Can Sidious defeat them all simultaneously in Melee combat, like revan did?

The Merchant
Probably, since his Force Reserves are great enough to shred space-time with his strongest technique.

Board Walker
Probably, since his Force Reserves are great enough to shred space-time with his strongest technique.

Except creating a worm hole required him to be stationary in a state of deep focus aboard his ship, and it required extensive preparations to pull off.

As I stated in another thread I believe Sidious is very powerful when it comes to the aspect of preparations, and contingency plans. However, I believe sidious is severely outclassed by many individuals when it comes to raw combat without prep.

The Merchant
Dark Empire sourcebook says he makes those wormholes with a fleeting thought actually. He also when he was fighting Luke made one appear without any prep at all actually.

Board Walker
Dark Empire sourcebook says he makes those wormholes with a fleeting thought actually. He also when he was fighting Luke made one appear without any prep at all actually.

I recall Sidious being deeply vexed in his ability to sustain a wormhole for even moments, and for his initial wormhole that he used to abduct Luke from the surface of courscant he needed massive preparation that left him deeply frustrated.

The Merchant
He wasn't deeply vexed or anything like that. He got his arm cut-off by Luke and then just made one appear, Luke/Leia countered it though. And that also didn't happen, right after Luke appears in front of the Emperor he's just relaxing in his chair and then he turns him to the Dark-side.

Board Walker
He wasn't deeply vexed or anything like that. He got his arm cut-off by Luke and then just made one appear, Luke/Leia countered it though. And that also didn't happen, right after Luke appears in front of the Emperor he's just relaxing in his chair and then he turns him to the Dark-side.

Sidious was actually deeply disturbed, vexed, and in unending agony. The sheer strain of those feats while hiding it behind an emotionless mask, took a deep forever scarring toll on his soul. It is why sidious arm later fell of unexpectedly mid combat during against luke

The Merchant
No his arm didn't fall off for no reason, Luke cut it off. Palpatine's bodies where decaying because of his power that is true.

The Merchant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.