How to intergrate spiderman into MCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Was curious on how easy or what difficulties might come from possibly integrating the Amazing spiderman universe into the current Marvel cinematic universe. And maybe if the older spiderman movies fit better (with some retcons) than Amazing spiderman. If had this discussion before but never asked for the opinions of the fans here.

Would it be more work than it's worth to do this? Would it be better to have ANOTHER movie dedicated to the introduction and creation of spiderman rather than working off a line of movies that might be considered subpar or contain undesirable elements? Or is at this point another introduction to Peter Parker not needed and Marvel can just jump into their own plans without having to go threw the motions?

What would you wanna see, what do you think?

80sBaby
Not worth the effort. The MCU doesn't really need Spider-Man.

BruceSkywalker
only if parker is played by someone who is likable, and in is twenties

Femi32
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
only if parker is played by someone who is likable, and in is twenties

I agree. A reboot will be in order very soon. I just hope Marvel actually has the character by the third iteration.

StiltmanFTW
Nobody sane would want SM anywhere near MCU after TASM 2 super-failure.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

The character is far bigger than 1 or 2 bad movies.

If Spider-Man was in Avengers people would literally freak out.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The character is far bigger than 1 or 2 bad movies.

If Spider-Man was in Avengers people would literally freak out.
I would literally vomit stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
I would literally vomit stick out tongue

He'll definitely make it to the MCU long before Wolverine will stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Jackman should stay away from MCU, too.

BruceSkywalker
Jackman should stay away from MCU, too.

it won't be jackman, it will someone younger IMO

StiltmanFTW
Younger, older, whatever. What is needed is a truly badass, somewhat thug-ish guy that can act. Von Sydow did a nice job in the Punisher fanfilm.

JayDaDon
They could have spidey just starting out in the mcu. If it happens, you can bet it all on Marvel replacing Andrew Garfield.

Kazenji
Younger, older, whatever. What is needed is a truly badass, somewhat thug-ish guy that can act. Von Sydow did a nice job in the Punisher fanfilm.

Thought you ment Max Von Sydow there for a moment.

SpaceMonkey
Well, however they plan to do it... it's official. It happened.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Well, however they plan to do it... it's official. It happened.

yea i just read it.. im happy

Golgo13
Huge news.

JayDaDon
I can't WAIT to hear the opinions on this on AMC movie talk.

Inhuman
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Not worth the effort. The MCU doesn't really need Spider-Man

For now im in this camp.

Having Sony involved cant lead to anything good.

JayDaDon
Kevin Feige being producer on the future Spidey films now is very good.

BlackZero30x
Well after Garfield's cry baby attitude im not surprised rumors are circulating Spider-Man is being completely rebooted for this. I mean he was already fired before the deal so I doubt anyone would want to go kissing his ass to get him back. Reboot seems like the only way to go at this point. I guess thats why you don't shoot your mouth off about how its the studio you work for that is at fault for all of the films problems. Anyways I heard this deal means Sony can have anyone from the Marvel Cinematic universe in their Spider-Man films as well as Spider-Man being in the MCU films.

DARTH POWER
All I have to say is:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I can't WAIT to hear the opinions on this on AMC movie talk.

Hahaha! That John Campea was WRONG as Usual!

steverules_2
I jizzed...

JayDaDon
All I have to say is:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! That John Campea was WRONG as Usual!

That's exactly why I want to see it. He always poo poos the idea of Spidey collaborating with Marvel studios.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by JayDaDon
That's exactly why I want to see it. He always poo poos the idea of Spidey collaborating with Marvel studios.

laughing

I'll be watching too for the entertainment.

Kristian Harloff was saying on the show just a few weeks ago that he thinks this will happen, because there's been too many signs and rumors including the hacked emails. John just responds something like "Nah never gonna happen."

Thankfully Feige has a lot more sense than to listen to the Financial "expertise" of Campea.

Golgo13
laughing

I'll be watching too for the entertainment.

Kristian Harloff was saying on the show just a few weeks ago that he thinks this will happen, because there's been too many signs and rumors including the hacked emails. John just responds something like "Nah never gonna happen."

Thankfully Feige has a lot more sense than to listen to the Financial "expertise" of Campea.

I don't think John said it was NEVER going to happen, just that he didn't think it was. Anyway, Kristian is usually correct from what I see.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't think John said it was NEVER going to happen, just that he didn't think it was. Anyway, Kristian is usually correct from what I see.

Pretty sure he's given whole lectures on how this was never gonna happen. And how Kevin Feige isn't stupid enough to do this.

Yeah Kristian's cool. He has some theories which are a bit out there, but he's not arrogant about them.

Golgo13
Pretty sure he's given whole lectures on how this was never gonna happen. And how Kevin Feige isn't stupid enough to do this.

Yeah Kristian's cool. He has some theories which are a bit out there, but he's not arrogant about them.

This is the video I'm talking about.

Ze5PXnMb0NQ

DARTH POWER
This is the video I'm talking about.

He was more open to it after recent rumors and the Sony hacks, although his latest comments on the subject was that it's not gonna happen, when Kristian Harloff was saying he thinks it will, and that we will hear some news soon:

pxxgHHh1l58

But I'm really talking about the past (not that long ago 6months+) before all the rumors. He consistently told fans asking about it that it's Never gonna happen, and that Feigie isn't stupid enough to make a deal because it would make the MCU Nothing. Not even $1 more (the $1 was his exact wordings).

Golgo13
He was more open to it after recent rumors and the Sony hacks, although his latest comments on the subject was that it's not gonna happen, when Kristian Harloff was saying he thinks it will, and that we will hear some news soon:

pxxgHHh1l58

But I'm really talking about the past (not that long ago 6months+) before all the rumors. He consistently told fans asking about it that it's Never gonna happen, and that Feigie isn't stupid enough to make a deal because it would make the MCU Nothing. Not even $1 more (the $1 was his exact wordings).

But Sony didn't give the rights, correct? They still have creative control and will get the revenue back. I just breezed through the info, but I hope Kevin Fiege has more control than Sony.

DARTH POWER
But Sony didn't give the rights, correct? They still have creative control and will get the revenue back. I just breezed through the info, but I hope Kevin Fiege has more control than Sony.

Yeah but the questions were never really about would Marvel buy him back. They were always about if Spider-Man could ever be in the MCU.

Sony still owns and controls the Spider-Man solo movies. But Fiege will likely give creative input.

But I'm sure Marvel will have control over how the character is used in the MCU.

JayDaDon
Feige is the producer for future spidey solo films now. That is HUGE.

SpaceMonkey
I think Sony still "owns" Spider Man just to save face. Slowly in the next few years they'll transition ownership back to Marvel.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I think Sony still "owns" Spider Man just to save face. Slowly in the next few years they'll transition ownership back to Marvel.

But why would Sony do that?

I'm hoping there's some clause in the contract that if Sony goes down (they have had serious financial problems) that Marvel gains the rights to this particular incarnation of Spider-Man. As this new one IS the one being used in the MCU.

DARTH POWER
I don't think John said it was NEVER going to happen, just that he didn't think it was.

Here just 5 months ago at 29:00 he's ranting about how Marvel and Feige have ZERO Interest and Desire in getting Spider-Man back: At 29:00-

3gvIDGYFVGI&index=45&list=PLYNW0PN4_jrqlBqzAVRv3rfpo6nhzJnKp

And btw stories are flowing that Marvel DID Offer Sony something like $2Bill to outright buy Spider-Man back. But Sony didn't want to sell, so they came to this Free mutually beneficial deal instead.

John thinks it's all about money- It's not ALWAYS just about Money. There is the whole Pride thing(not being able to use their own Icon), and even about giving Fans what they want.

But even his financial theories are way off. Companys/Businesses tend to make good Investments when they are doing well, because they have the Profits to spare, so can prepare for times when they are not doing well. He made out it was the other way around- That companies would only Invest like that when they are doing badly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.