Does it make sense for the Sith to have families?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
Would they kill their children if they are not force sinsitive? Or disown them?

Would they ever teach their own suns and daughters if they were not the strongest force users around?

Is the were concept of family against the spirit of the Sith code? I wonder how a Sith would treat his own parents after he became Sith. Especially if he comes from a loving family.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Shey Tapani

Hethrir (a Dark Jedi) refused to acknowledge his own son and kept him as a servant because he wasn't Force-sensitive. I'm sure a Sith would do the same.

Would they ever teach their own suns and daughters if they were not the strongest force users around?

Probably not. At best they'd try to foist them off on someone else.

Is the were concept of family against the spirit of the Sith code? I wonder how a Sith would treat his own parents after he became Sith. Especially if he comes from a loving family.

In SWTOR, during the Sith Inquisitor storyline the Inquisitor meets a guy who begs him/her to rescue his son (a Sith) and it's very clear he loves his son. The son by contrast shows nothing but contempt for his father because he can't use the Force.

No it really doesn't make sense for Sith to have families. The Sith's entire creed is basically "care only about yourself. Everyone else is either a tool to be used or an enemy." This is the complete opposite of being part of a family which is essentially to care about others.

Trocity
Depends if said Sith belongs to the Lost Tribe.

Shey Tapani
Or the Knight Errant Sith family.

Emperordmb
The Dramaths and the Wyyrloks come to mind.

carthage
Nadd had a family dynasty as well.

Emperordmb
Kresh as well.

NewGuy01
Why not? Granted they prolly wouldn't make great parents...

FreshestSlice
The Emperor's Wrath comes from a long line of Sith.

Fated Xtasy
Um.... We need only look at Vitiate to get our answer lol

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Um.... We need only look at Vitiate to get our answer lol

I ain't talking about facts only. Should it make sense? Even if there were 0 Sith families which is practically the case now with the canon Big Bang.

Nargaroth
No, it doesn't, except strictly for survival. Better to be cynical to the fullest than half cynical and half sentimental or idealist (a type of character I absolutely despise), and fortunately Sith are generally coherent with that. That's why I like them.

NewGuy01
Talon sums it up quite well, in my opinion. The Sith are defined by passion, they aren't just outright evil for the sake of it. They embrace their emotions rather than discarding them as a Jedi would.

When Anakin became Darth Vader, he still intended to have a family with Padme, even if it was ultimately unsuccessful.

Q99

Any child is a potentially useful tool. A strong force user is a greater tool, but there is still value in others.

Do not expect it to be a *loving* family, but still.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Talon sums it up quite well, in my opinion. The Sith are defined by passion, they aren't just outright evil for the sake of it.

In my opinion that's a load of honk. Sith are defined by hate and selfishness. How many times do we see Sith going out of their way to help people?

Talon They embrace their emotions rather than discarding them as a Jedi would.

Correction; they embrace their base negative emotions like hate and rage only. How many times have we seen Sith embrace joy? Or compassion? Or hope? How many times have we seen Sith who are happy, truly happy?

Never. It's always hate and anger with them.

Also there are plenty of Jedi who embrace their emotions in a normal, healthy way. Luke Skywalker's Order for example.

When Anakin became Darth Vader, he still intended to have a family with Padme, even if it was ultimately unsuccessful.

Yeah, when he first turned. We've seen that as time goes by they become ever more corrupt and selfish.

Heck, Malgus did love Elena but in such a warped fashion that he killed her. That's not exactly the peak of emotional health, is it?

Originally posted by Q99
Any child is a potentially useful tool. A strong force user is a greater tool, but there is still value in others.

Do not expect it to be a *loving* family, but still.

Again, see Hethrir. Kept his son as a servant but refused to acknowledge him as his child. He even said "our son deserved no acknowledgement."

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chilled monkey
In my opinion that's a load of honk. Sith are defined by hate and selfishness. How many times do we see Sith going out of their way to help people?

When did I claim they did?

In my opinion that's a load of honk.

You mentioned Malgus below for compassion? Joy? I think Palps was pretty damn happy when he became the Emperor of the galaxy.

Never said it would be a healthy relationship, in fact I clearly said otherwise. To prove my point, Malgus did for a long time consider starting a family with Eleema after the war.

Hell, there are plenty of Sith that did have lovers and/or families. Vectivus being the obvious example. But even the most hateful Sith also felt compassion--Maul loved his brother. Treated him like shit, but that's not really the point.

Q99
Talon talks to Cade about sith art and passion.

Originally posted by chilled monkey

If they think it'll help them later they will.

Sure, but different Sith have different standards.

A smarter Sith may know you can turn a non-force user into a Theron Shan.

The One Sith turned their non-force users into secret agents and assassins, who thought like sith and followed their ways, just without the power of the force.

The Merchant
It's always been my head-canon that the more you delve to the Dark-side, you start to abandon even primal urges like sexual attraction.

Emperordmb
Sidious had a 3 eyed prostitute, Vitiate screwed a ghost, and Plagueis impregnated several females of a variety of species. Your argument is invalid...

DarthAnt66
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326190242/starwars/images/4/49/AngryAngral-TOR.jpg

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by The Merchant
It's always been my head-canon that the more you delve to the Dark-side, you start to abandon even primal urges like sexual attraction.

I dunno, I can see a Dark Side user just getting all greedy and suddenly want a gang bang or something with Twi'Leks or Zeltrons.

Darth Abonis
No just as it is unlikely that sociopaths with homicidal tendencies have healthy relationships.

Shey Tapani
Plenty of families suck even if they look good from the outside. They still exist, dynasties were like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.