Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

riv6672
Disagree.

Time Immemorial

dyajeep
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1)... not a copout in every argument...

Shakyamunison

Reflassshh
No it doesn't, you're wrong

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would say all faith, but blind faith and literalism does trap the mind.
Typo

I wouldn't say all faith, but...

Greatest I am
Thanks to all.

I see that believers deny my claim yet do not deny that they are idol worshipers.

You believers also offer no apology against me and thus show that I am basically correct.

If you could refute me in any way, you know you would.

Regards
DL

dyajeep
Thanks to all.

I see that believers deny my claim yet do not deny that they are idol worshipers.

You believers also offer no apology against me and thus show that I am basically correct.

Regards
DL

ah no... don't patronize yourself... i see at least two others (besides myself) disagreeing with what you said... faith comes with reason, and vice-versa in Christianity...

Greatest I am
Originally posted by dyajeep
ah no... don't patronize yourself... i see at least two others (besides myself) disagreeing with what you said... faith comes with reason, and vice-versa in Christianity...

Reason and logic do not mix with faith. Faith without facts is for fools and you have no facts that you can show for following what can be shown to be an immoral son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

Stoic
Reason and logic do not mix with faith. Faith without facts is for fools and you have no facts that you can show for following what can be shown to be an immoral son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

What stops you from killing yourself? Is it because you have faith that perhaps tomorrow will be better than today?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stoic
What stops you from killing yourself? Is it because you have faith that perhaps tomorrow will be better than today?

It's deeper then that. We all have an instinct to survive.

Stoic
It's deeper then that. We all have an instinct to survive.

But doesn't rational thought supersede instinct? I mean the way that he was writing you would think so. Right?

Shakyamunison
But doesn't rational thought supersede instinct? I mean the way that he was writing you would think so. Right?

No, he's just as delusional as you are. wink stick out tongue

Stoic
No, he's just as delusional as you are. wink stick out tongue

There's a little room left in the boat for you by the way.

Tattoos N Scars

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You must lead a miserable life.

So, you think that people who are of a religion then you live a miserable life? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bentley

Why would I do that? You seem happy with your beliefs, should I coerce you into stopping thinking the way you do?

Tattoos N Scars
So, you think that people who are of a religion then you live a miserable life? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did I say that? I'm only making an observation based on the tone of most of his posts/threads.

Shakyamunison
Did I say that? I'm only making an observation based on the tone of most of his posts/threads.
You should also read what people say to him.

dyajeep

thumb up

Time Immemorial

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You spend a lot of time reading and studying the bible and debating something that you claim does not exist.

He just believes differently they you do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Greatest I am

Greatest I am

No. I do not end my life because I do not have a reason to end it.

How do you justify your continued existence? God?

What if you are wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPJQw-x-xho

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Instinct are quite logical in how they work. There is no conflict between intelligent thought and instincts.

Once mature though, intelligence can overrule instincts.

Our new Canadian rite to die with dignity law is a good example of this.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

You were showing your character and it is not pretty.

Chastisement without correction shows the hate in your heart.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

You do not love your fellow man.

Regards
DL

dyajeep
I am God.

narcissist... laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.