Its a wonderful life...but not for you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Married With Children did an "its a wonderful life" riff once where everyone Al Bundy knew was better off without him. He said " i'm not letting them off that easy. I want to live!"

If an angel came to you and showed you what life'd be like if you'd never been born and all your loved ones were the BETTER for it, would you opt to give them the better reality by erasing yourself, or say no way, and choose to still have existed?

red g jacks
nope i want my 60-80 years regardless.

riv6672
Fair enough.

Simple yes or no answers are what i 'm looking for!

MF DELPH
Yes. I love my younger sister and would die to protect her as is. If I was shown that she'd get an even better life if I ceased to exist I'd cease to exist for her benefit.

ArtificialGlory
I have people who I care about, but ultimately the Nr. 1 person in my life is me. So I would choose to live.

Digi
For me, it would definitely depend to what degree their lives are improved. I'm not for it or opposed to it as an absolute, but my family and friends are all pretty happy individuals (with a couple limited exceptions). It would make it hard for me to justify such a sacrifice if the benefits weren't pretty significant.

Bentley
I don't think I would.

riv6672
Good answers, guys, appreciate it!

Shakyamunison
If I found that the people I love would be better off without me, I would allow this life to fade away.

However, I don't think that would ever be the case.

riv6672
Fair enough.

meep-meep
I'd do it.

riv6672
Good Gender: Unspecified!!!

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
If an angel came to you and showed you what life'd be like if you'd never been born and all your loved ones were the BETTER for it, would you opt to give them the better reality by erasing yourself, or say no way, and choose to still have existed? I'd want to opt out, hopefully being brave enough to do so.

Lek Kuen
I'm with digi, it depends on the degree of how better it is. I do think there is a point where my life won't matter in comparison but it has to be a huge improvement in a very real way.

Lord Lucien
I don't care if humanity achieved eternal blissful utopia if I was never born, I'd say word-for-word what Al Bundy said.

riv6672
^haha

Bentley
This non-existing agenda is just a way for people to admit they'd love an excuse to kill themselves. You're so evil Riv mmm

What about this? Your loved ones will be happy and succesful, the world will be better, but everyone will hate your guts, abuse you and torture you in a daily basis. Now that's a situation in which we can all get high and mighty and say we'll bite the bullets for our friends mmm

riv6672
Thats the situation i'm in now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats the situation i'm in now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can do whatever you want, but tomorrow is a new day. Things aren't always going to be as good, or as bad as they are at this moment. This life is a journey, so take it day by day. If your existence is ruining another persons life, then those people need to find a way to improve their own lives. You shouldn't be a scapegoat for anyone, and if you believe that your existence is detrimental to people around you, at least you are able to see it. If you can see it, and you don't like it, change it. Get off of the road that you are on, and get onto another road. I would never end my life for another person to have a better life, I would get away from the people that I am affecting in a negative way.

riv6672
Dang, i was j/k, but thats a good piece of advice...thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.