Dooku or Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/erkan12/blog/obi-wan-or-dooku-who-is-the-greater-swordsman/101089/

Emperordmb
I'm a little busy at the moment, so I just skimmed it, but it actually seems pretty legit thumb up

I'll definitely read it more closely when I'm not as busy.

Marco1907
@emperordmb

Thanks.

As for their force powers, I believe that Obi-Wan has better TP, of course no one would argue Count's TK superiority, on the other hand Obi-Wan's TP abilities seems to me better than Count's TP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLgXoaEXlVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOvPMFXTrQ

DARTH POWER
I think Dooku's the better swordsman. But Kenobi is closer to him in Saber Prowess than most people give him credit for. He does after all consistently stalemate Maul, and stalemates/defeats Sith Anakin (though familiarity may have been a factor there).

But still not convinced Dooku can't defend himself against Power Blows. After all he did fend off Yoda's Power Blows. Falling against 1 blow of Opress's was a one time thing, and can only be taken seriously if it happened more often. And he's fended off Anakin's blows plenty of times, before eventually falling to his full fury.

Fated Xtasy
Awesome Job Erkan(can i call you that?) I more or less agree with the whole Obi-wan and Dooku being equals. Great thread thumb up

Marco1907
@fated

Thanks.

@DP

I don't think Yoda is using kinetic power as Sidious, Savage, Maul or Anakin does. As you know Yoda is using Ataru and that's relies on acrobatic movements and speed, not on kinetic and physical power like Juyo and Djem-so.

Also, Count knows Ataru very well, another reason that he managed to hold his own against Yoda.

''Obi-Wan lifted his lightsaber into the balanced two-handed guard of
Ataru: Qui-Gon's style, and Yoda's.

Dooku had fenced Qui-Gon thousands of times, and he knew every weakness of the Ataru form, with its ridiculous acrobatics.''

---RotS Novel

For example, I don't believe that Dooku can do the same performance against Sidious's juyo, and as for Savage's blow, that's not only 1 time thing, Dooku purposely avoid from Savage's blade in that fight,

2S2bY8JY5Fk

Dooku never tried to fence Savage's blade, instead he constantly used his force lightning to counter him.

DARTH POWER
^ Yoda still locks blades with Sidious so must be using incredible strength. Dooku also fends of Mace's Vapaad strikes. And EASILY deals with Sora Bulq's Vapaad.

He avoided Opress's brute strength because it was the best thing to do. Savage is tremendously strong and Dooku was fighting off 2 opponents. The quote you keep bringing up about kinetic energy says "Head to Head".. And the part you keep missing out is "especially while fending off A Second Attacker."

We saw what Dooku did to Savage 1 on 1 in their training session. And he did it without ever going Head to Head with him.

Maul also stomped Savage without going Head to Head with him in Blade Locks. He deflected his blows, gave ground, and then targeted his weak points.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.