Top 10 Unarmed Fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
What the title says. Lightsabers excluded, who are the most skilled unarmed fighters in the mythos? Non-Force Users and droids included.

Sub-question: What groups (i.e, Mandalorians, Nightbrothers) have produced the best unarmed fighters?

Emperordmb
Son of Mortis... nuff said.

carthage
Hego Damask, Agen Kolar, Darth Maul, Kit Fisto, Anoon Bondara

ILS
In addition to carth's

Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Tor Vizsla, Grievous, Mace Windu, Asajj Ventress

Sinious
I wonder how good Yoda and ROTS Sidious were.

Emperordmb
I'd like to throw Bane, Malgus, Lsu, and Sugi onto the pile.

carthage
Sidious taught Maul Teras Kasi and quite a bit of his martial skill.

Sidious incorporated martial strikes against Yoda

carthage
Bane doesn't deserve to be on this list.

ILS
Malgus probably shouldn't be here unless I'm missing something. He's a good striker but he doesn't have a lot of versatility.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Sidious taught Maul Teras Kasi and quite a bit of his martial skill.

Sidious incorporated martial strikes against Yoda

Not surprising at all since he has super speed and strength. I didnt know about his mastery of the technique though.

Marco1907
Savage knocked out by Sidious, via kicking his head.

carthage
Kar Vastor too granted he was on a nexus when he beat Windu up

Marco1907
Kar Vastor too granted he was on a nexus when he beat Windu up

Still he lacks speed. He failed to tag Windu in that fight, he only caught him via sucker punch iirc.

Darth Banus
Bane doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Bane would be at the top of my list. Ever see a guy in the middle weights challenge a heavy weight champ for the title? There is a reason...

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Banus
Bane would be at the top of my list. Ever see a guy in the middle weights challenge a heavy weight champ for the title? There is a reason...

The reason being that a heavy weight CHAMP is highly skilled and so a middle weight guy can't overcome his physical edge through superior training. That is not the case with Bane.

Bane has little skill in unarmed combat. Sure he's tough and powerful but this is about the most SKILLED unarmed fighters, not the strongest or toughest.

carthage
He was never good at physical combat, he has no skill on martial arts. He may be big and like to get physical with guys, but he'd get stomped in a fistfight with Kolar or Maul

WildBantha88
Dotj era jed'aii. Their martial arts were less about sword fighting back then and incorporated unarmed martial arts like Alchaka

Zenwolf
Imperial Royal Guardsmen, and no not saying that just cause I have one as an avatar. :P

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Imperial Royal Guardsmen, and no not saying that just cause I have one as an avatar. :P lies and slander!

Zenwolf
Originally posted by WildBantha88
lies and slander!

Naawww, they are beastly fighters.

chilled monkey
He was never good at physical combat, he has no skill on martial arts. He may be big and like to get physical with guys, but he'd get stomped in a fistfight with Kolar or Maul

Precisely. Thank you.

Anyway, Arden Lyn has to be up there, seeing as she and her two students were able to defeat Palpatine and capture him.

The Pike sisters, Zan and Zu were also top-tier unarmed fighters, as were the Mistryl Shadow Guards. Phow Ji was also up there.

Revanchiste
If the force is weapon I'm gonna with Yusani the echani.. This wookie wich I dont remember the name.. Durge...
Many mandalorians include Jango, Boba, the vizlas, cassus fett, mandalore the utimate, monstross...
Vitiate impreial guard-men....

Jmanghan
Meetra Surik? Wasn't she a Martial Arts master?

Darth Banus
Originally posted by chilled monkey
The reason being that a heavy weight CHAMP is highly skilled and so a middle weight guy can't overcome his physical edge through superior training. That is not the case with Bane.

Bane has little skill in unarmed combat. Sure he's tough and powerful but this is about the most SKILLED unarmed fighters, not the strongest or toughest.

My interpretation of the thread was who would ultimately win hand to hand fights, so a combination of strength - power - skill - agility & the one that defines good fighters from the rest = the ability to take a punch.

anyway i still back bane.. Maybe i would lose my money in the process

: D

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Meetra Surik? Wasn't she a Martial Arts master?

She fought the champions of the Mandalorian battle circle with out using the force, defeated multiple handmaidens without using the force and I also remember that she was bashing droids with her fists during the start of Kotor and was taught Echani Martial arts by Brianna. She's right up there imo.

Obi-Wan is a decent Hand to hand combatant imo

DarthAnt66
Malak was pretty boss. He choked out a Mandalorian into fire with his hands burning.

Jmanghan
Does Revan have any notable H2H?

WildBantha88
Prince Xisor is a unarmed combat master

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Banus
My interpretation of the thread was who would ultimately win hand to hand fights, so a combination of strength - power - skill - agility & the one that defines good fighters from the rest = the ability to take a punch.

anyway i still back bane.. Maybe i would lose my money in the process

: D

I see your point but the OP clearly states:

Originally posted by ILS
who are the most skilled unarmed fighters in the mythos?

They are specifically asking who are the most skilled in terms of training and technique, not who are the best overall fighters.

To put it another way, suppose the characters in question each had to go before a panel of experts and give a demonstration of their skills. How do you think Bane would be graded there?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Does Revan have any notable H2H?
No, besides his fight with the Imperial Guard. Close combat was never his thing to be honest, let alone H2H.
Ultimately, Revan is renowned for his military genius and legendary command of the Force, not his muscle. Malak though...

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Ultimately, Revan is renowned for his military genius and legendary command of the Force Don't forget the mask!

Darth Banus
To put it another way, suppose the characters in question each had to go before a panel of experts and give a demonstration of their skills. How do you think Bane would be graded there?

Fair point. i guess im stuck in Vs mode thinking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.