Can Superman solo the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep. Midtown Manhattan. Start distance one city block.

Pre Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Batman

Post Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Kyle
Flash Wally
Martian Manhunter
Bearded Aquaman
Batman

NU52:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Cyborg
Aquaman
Batman

My guesses

Yes

No

No

Stoic
I think that he could if he took out the largest threats first. There's no prep involved so I'd give him a 70% chance of taking this if he really tried.

tkitna
In all honesty, if Supes was pissed, he could just destroy the planet around them and then just worry about MM, WW, and GL. I think he takes all three.

relentless1
I've got one piece of advice for superman if he takes the league on: don't turn your back on bats and let him strategize...

riv6672
Good advice.

quanchi112
Barry solos.

Digi
No across the board, imo, but that's not really a knock on him. The fact that the question can be asked is telling enough of his status.

carver9
In a comic he would do well but eventually go down. On the forum, the team stomps him. Pre Crisis Superman wins though.

Board Walker
Current Mecha Batman is a match for High Herald/Trans tier

Based
Originally posted by relentless1
I've got one piece of advice for superman if he takes the league on: don't turn your back on bats and let him strategize...

Here's better advice: kill off the Batman writers.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672

Pre Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Batman

Post Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Kyle
Flash Wally
Martian Manhunter
Bearded Aquaman
Batman

NU52:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Cyborg
Aquaman
Batman

My guesses

Yes

No

No

Pre COIE absolutely. MMH was a second rate Superman not as strong, not as fast, not as durable who hardly ever used any of his other powers and was a cream puff to fire.

All you had to do to WW was tie her hands (any male) which he could do to bloody quick for her to do anything about.

Only needed yellow for GL

Flash had no where near the feats of post COIE speed force crap.

Aquaman only had to be dried out

Bat's wasn't the prep god he was post COIE (he was good but not that good) and was a legitimate street leveller.

Becomes more subjective in rounds 2 & 3, an argument can be made for either way.

riv6672
Ha, nice breakdown^

eaebiakuya
He lose all 3 fights. The best chance of all is the 3 fight IMO.

riv6672
Huh.
Why the third fight?

DarkSaint85
I agree with beatboks' assessment.

krisblaze
PC maybe?

Though I don't think so.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Based
Here's better advice: kill off the Batman writers.

Frank Miller pwns j00

wink

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
PC maybe?

Though I don't think so.
That was my choice.
He seemed so over powered compared to the other heroes.

krisblaze
Indeed, though I can at least think of some crazy feats for PC Hal.

riv6672
I'd say it was more the weaknesses than anything. Drying out, fire, thats 2 for 1, yellow, bondage, ordinary human. Really the only one without a straight up weakness was Barry at that time.

Star428
Originally posted by relentless1

Oh, I'm sure he'd make damn sure he took him out first.

Star428

Pre Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Batman

Post Crisis:
Wonder Woman
GL Kyle
Flash Wally
Martian Manhunter
Bearded Aquaman
Batman

NU52:
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Flash Barry
Cyborg
Aquaman
Batman

My guesses

Yes

No

No

I assume this is a Clark who isn't holding back in all 3 fights, correct?

Is this PC Superman who is trying to do this or current Supes? PC Superman could do it easily in all 3 fights. I don't think current Supes could beat all those PC characters but he might be able to win the second one. The biggest threat to him is MM. Since it's not a comic MM won't be jobbing to him and has a decent chance to beat him even one on one, imo.

If MM uses all his powers intelligently instead of forgetting about half of them like he does in the comics then I don't see Superman being able to beat the whole team in fight 2 since he will have his hands full with J'onn. If J'onn holds back too much or doesn't use his powers the way they should be used then it's very possible (even likely) for a non-holding back Superman to beat everyone there in the second fight.

Batman goes down immediately and probably Aquaman too. WW won't last long against a non-holding back Superman who isn't hallucinating or has some other kind of huge disadvantage the way he did in 'Sacrifice'. Kyle can give him some problems but Superman will eventually beat him. There is no construct that he can make that can possibly hold Superman. Flash is nothing more than an annoyance to him and after he deals with everybody else he can take out Flash in probably a dozen different ways despite the fact that Flash is faster than him.

I'm not sure about fight 3 because I don't know much about the characters.

eaebiakuya
Huh.
Why the third fight?

There is no MM there, and DCNU WW and Flash are weaker than Pre Reboot versions imo.

About pre crisis i dont know.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
There is no MM there, and DCNU WW and Flash are weaker than Pre Reboot versions imo.

Flash might be weaker but WW is a lot stronger than her reboot self imo. She's a legit, bonified high Herald and the peak of it too.

riv6672
Originally posted by eaebiakuya

Makes sense, thanks.

DarkRaiden
I don't know PC that well, but he gets absolutely stomped in the other 2. Hard. Some of them can beat him 1v1 and he can do nothing about it.

Star428
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
I don't know PC that well, but he gets absolutely stomped in the other 2. Hard. Some of them can beat him 1v1 and he can do nothing about it.

Only MM can beat him one-on-one and it's not a lop-sided matchup either. Although I think that J'onn would have the advantage.

riv6672
Not sure in that, but the power gap (and weakness handicaps) seems a lot smaller in 2 and 3. Their teamwork would count for more.

shadowknight
SM wins all 3

riv6672
So no chance at all for the world's greatest heroes?
Brings up the old argument of why some characters are on teams at all.

thingy150
I agree with Yes, no, no.....he would get wrecked in the last 2 for sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.