Kreia's comparison of Nihilus and the Ancient Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Pretty sure most of you guys know this but posting anyways. 3:50 to 4:20:

8VvS5MLnG0Y

NewGuy01
Marvelous.

WildBantha88
Kreas mind is old and degraded

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Kreias mind is old and degraded

lol, she's one of the best SW characters in the EU. Also, nice little accolade Nihilius has there.

NewGuy01
Indeed.

WildBantha88
Nihilus's drain isn't a normal force drain. It seems to be more akin to plageuis's midichlorian manipulation. He kind of just wills people to death

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Nihilus's drain isn't a normal force drain. It seems to be more akin to plageuis's midichlorian manipulation. He kind of just wills people to death

I never really thought of it like that, but Midi-Chlorian manipulation on a Planetary scale? that's a bit much imo.

Also, I responded to your PM like 20+ minutes ago bantha stick out tongue

WildBantha88
Well I'm not saying that what nihilus is doing is midichlorian manipulation only that what he is doing seems more like that than force drain. IMO nihilus's drain is its own thing

Sinious
She keeps saying "the ancient sith". I want names damn it!

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
She keeps saying "the ancient sith". I want names damn it!

You really think a game that's filled with a lot vague forshadowing and riddles, is going to give names? lol this is Kotor 2 we're talking about Sinny

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You really think a game that's filled with a lot vague forshadowing and riddles, is going to give names? lol this is Kotor 2 we're talking about Sinny

I know and it has highly opinions of the ancient sith to such an extend where they imply there were lots of Nihilus' walking around back in the day. rolling on floor laughing

I wonder how Kreia knows so much about the ancient ones and the hidden sith empire.

Fated Xtasy
I know and it has highly opinions of the ancient sith to such an extend where they imply there were lots of Nihilus' walking around back in the day. rolling on floor laughing

I wonder how Kreia knows so much about the ancient ones and the hidden sith empire.

Well, she was a Jedi Historian remember? given the amount of Knowledge the Jedi Order had at that point, i'd imagine her knowledge of the Ancient Sith and the Hidden sith empire(given that she studied at the Trayus academy) is quite substantial.

Sinious
Well, she was a Jedi Historian remember? given the amount of Knowledge the Jedi Order had at that point, i'd imagine her knowledge of the Ancient Sith and the Hidden sith empire(given that she studied at the Trayus academy) is quite substantial.

How would that help her learn about the hidden empire as no one else knew?

Fated Xtasy
How would that help her learn about the hidden empire as no one else knew?

The Trayus academy was said to have been part of the Old Sith empire iirc.

Sinious
The Trayus academy was said to have been part of the Old Sith empire iirc.

Oh true. I forgot that the sith in exile came to Malachor at some point before Dromund Kaas.

NewGuy01
I'd assume she was referring to the bigguns like Ajunta Pall, Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, Naga Sadow--Maybe even Freedon Nadd or Exar Kun.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'd assume she was referring to the bigguns like Ajunta Pall, Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, Naga Sadow--Maybe even Freedon Nadd or Exar Kun.

Nadd and Kun? I doubt it. Ragnos, Pall and Hord are more fitting as we have little info on them anyway or perhaps other sith lords yet to be revealed.

The Merchant
Funny how none of TOTJ stuff ever hinted them being able to do that.

NewGuy01
Force Drain was in practice in TOTJ's later comics. It's only natural the Hyperspace War Sith could do it as well.

The Merchant
But at the scale of Nihilus? That's a bit too much IMO.

Sinious
Originally posted by The Merchant
But at the scale of Nihilus? That's a bit too much IMO.

Kreia never suggests that. She called Nihilus' drain in multiple cases a galactic threat where she only implied that the ancient sith had mastered the technique as well. Nihilus and the Exile are unique cases.

The Merchant
She said that he was reaching the peak of the ability, and could even rival some Ancient Sith Lords.

Sinious
Peak of its power* IIRC which means she doesn't say they could casually drain planets like Nihilus.

Doesn't she mean he could rival them in overall power? Thats still crazy but more understandable.

The Merchant
She was specifically talking about Drain.

Sinious
That doesn't make sense though. She always refers to him as a unique case. Perhaps she means that he didnt master it as well as they did but could still be more destructive with it due to his weird connection to the force.

The Merchant
Maybe she's just a contradictory old bat. IIRC she earlier on said that the Ancient Sith knew of the technique but where scared of using it or at least very cautious.

Sinious
Thats probably the case yeah.

The Ancient Sith are really weird imo.

The Merchant
Eh blame Obisidian. A lotta their hype comes from KOTOR 2. I think they where strong, like Maul to Dooku levels of strong. But they weren't walking Death Stars. I mean if they where, Sadow could have liked solo'd the Republic.

Sinious
Eh blame Obisidian. A lotta their hype comes from KOTOR 2. I think they where strong, like Maul to Dooku levels of strong. But they weren't walking Death Stars. I mean if they where, Sadow could have liked solo'd the Republic.

Hord is probably much higher than Dooku and Maul though he has no showings yet. Ragnos is most likely higher than them too and Kun > Vader imo.

The Merchant
Besides Hord. Everything else no.

NewGuy01
That's what I assumed.

The Merchant
Hmmm, that's an interesting way to interpret it I guess. I thought she was specifically talking about his draining capabilities.

NewGuy01
I think Naga is especially underrated tbh.

Sinious

Ragnos hype >> Sadow hype but yeah I agree.

The Merchant
Ehh, for a while people thought he was the strongest cause of that one quote in KOTOR 1 by the Sith Academy instructor.

Nephthys

Didn't.... Sadow actually almost solo the Republic though?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Q99

Kun's only 50-60 years before, within her lifetime.

I'd suspect the Hundred Year Darkness ones are likely suspects.

One funny thing is SW is for characters to talk about how awesome the ancient ones were, then we actually look at the prior eras and, while pretty awesome, they're rarely all that much different, and often talk about how awesome *their* ancients are.

Sinious
Originally posted by Q99
One funny thing is SW is for characters to talk about how awesome the ancient ones were, then we actually look at the prior eras and, while pretty awesome, they're rarely all that much different, and often talk about how awesome *their* ancients are.

I agree.

I hope Tulak Hord(and perhaps Ragnos too) brings something new to the SW Universe like the KOTOR II sith did and not end up being just another powerful dark lord.

The Merchant

No.

Nephthys
Well give or take......

The Merchant
I mean yeah he helped his forces a lot with illusions. But when I say solo I mean like he literally is going by himself and stomping everything. It was pretty PIS how he lost though.

Sinious
But when I say solo I mean like he literally is going by himself and stomping everything.

Is there a sith who can solo the republic?

The Merchant
Maybe Nihilus lolol.

Sinious
Maybe Nihilus lolol.

Or Count Dooku.

The Merchant
Maybe you hun.

Sinious
But I'm not a sith sad

The Merchant
Prove it.

Emperordmb
Nah, Sinny's a besalisk DJ, smoking deathsticks, hitting on hot Zabrak women. wink

Sinious
Prove it.

Well, you're still alive.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah, Sinny's a besalisk DJ, smoking deathsticks, hitting on hot Zabrak women. wink

In my defense, being a dj was the best choice with those extra 2 arms.

WildBantha88
You don't wanna know what I do with mine

Emperordmb
Roam the plains of Tatooine, wild and free? Taking a shit in the future tense?

WildBantha88
I will be taking that shit sometime soon

The Merchant
D-do you really want me dead Sinious-kun?

Sinious
Oh you still haven't figured that out yet? bunny

Q99
I agree.

I hope Tulak Hord(and perhaps Ragnos too) brings something new to the SW Universe like the KOTOR II sith did and not end up being just another powerful dark lord.

They're both old EU, you're probably not going to see any new stuff about them.

Honestly he kinda got his butt kicked? Went for the capital attack, but only was able to do well with mass illusion, which the Jedi could and did counteer.

The Republic massively outresourced him and had a lot of other worlds.

In terms of damage to the Republic, his try ranks below Sidious, Krayt, Vitiate, Ruin, Revan, Ajunta Pall, likely Lord Kaan, and probably Exar Kun too (but Exar was doing more of a guerilla campaign to begin with).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.