Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
YES! Very good choice, WB!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57316

Firefly218
Good choice

BruceSkywalker
don;t like this choice at all so i hope she can assuage my fears

Golgo13
Originally posted by Firefly218
Good choice

thumb up Yeah, and supposedly she is the co writer for the movie. Couldn't be more happy. Michelle has proven herself.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Golgo13
thumb up Yeah, and supposedly she is the co writer for the movie. Couldn't be more happy. Michelle has proven herself.

Has she written anything good before?

Golgo13
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Has she written anything good before?

Nothing major, but she's going to have a writing team behind her. It's her directing skills that are important.

krisblaze
Then why couldn't you be more happy?

Golgo13
She's an award winner actress with extreme talent. I'm happy.

krisblaze
She's not acting?

Kazenji
She's an award winner actress with extreme talent. I'm happy.

What?

you've gone off the deep end, Michelle MacLaren is a producer, director, Production manager & Writer. Not sure where you got she's been an actor.

Golgo13
Ooops. I meant director/producer. Calm down.

krisblaze

Okay.

So back to the original question.

What has she written?

Golgo13
Originally posted by krisblaze
Okay.

So back to the original question.

What has she written?

Like I said, nothing major. It's her directing that I'm excited about. Plus, she's not writing this alone. She'll have a team.

krisblaze
Like I said, nothing major. It's her directing that I'm excited about. Plus, she's not writing this alone. She'll have a team.

Okay, so nothing major.

But what has she written?

Obviously "you couldn't be more excited" for a reason. What is that reason?

JayDaDon
She directed episodes of Breaking Bad if I remember correctly

Time Immemorial

Kaz is perfect, you must realize he never makes a mistake. His calculations are cold and precise, as you know movies are rocket science.

pym-ftw
So a completely inexperienced director just to appease no one... thumb up can't support this.

Scoobless
Michelle? .... But... that sounds like a woman's name...

fear

roughrider
Getting directors who've worked on quality TV shows and/or indie films has paid off greatly for Marvel. Still, they all had some feature experience. That's the only thing missing from Michelle Mclaren's body of work, a feature length film.

I hope this isn't just a symbolic hire, like when Brenda Chapman was hired to direct BRAVE for Disney/PIXAR (first female animation director for PIXAR's first female centered film), only to get fired halfway through.

Firefly218
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So a completely inexperienced director just to appease no one... thumb up can't support this.
Inexperienced? She's an emmy winner for her brilliant work on Breaking Bad, she did awesome episodes of Game of Thrones and she helped in the development of shows like Walking Dead and the X-Files.

She's certainly not inexperienced when it comes to directing a production. In fact, I'd say directing television is even more difficult in some aspects than a big budget film.

Only thing I'm worried about now is Gal Gadot's performance.

pym-ftw
She won a daytime Emmy...

Tv and Movies are vastly different mediums. It's like saying Dr. Seuss could write an amazing novel based on his short stories.

Golgo13

Tv and Movies are vastly different mediums. It's like saying Dr. Seuss could write an amazing novel based on his short stories.

Yet, this won't be the first time someone from TV had been working on a super hero movie. It's been working out for Marvel for a long time.

Golgo13
Okay, so nothing major.

Her TV resume. Duh. She's worked on some of the best episodes on Breaking Bad.

Firefly218

They are not "vastly" different mediums. They're different, but not "vastly".

Fact is, she has plenty of directing experience.

Joss Whedon never directed a movie before Serenity, and now it's arguably one of the greatest sci fi movies of all time.

Drew Goddard never directed anything but television before Cabin in the Woods, and now it's one of my all time favorites. Granted he did have help from whedon.

Russo brothers directed exclusively for television before Cap 2.

Edgar Wright had only done television before the cornetto trilogy`

Directors like stephan spielberg, brad bird, ridley scott, mel brooks etc ALL began as successful names in Television.

BruceSkywalker

Joss Whedon never directed a movie before Serenity, and now it's arguably one of the greatest sci fi movies of all time.

Drew Goddard never directed anything but television before Cabin in the Woods, and now it's one of my all time favorites. Granted he did have help from whedon.

Directors like stephan spielberg, brad bird, ridley scott, mel brooks etc ALL began as successful names in Television.

so. are you IN FACT SAYING that this woman will be the next Whedon, etc??

DARTH POWER

I need to watch that.

Firefly218
I need to watch that.

I highly recommend it

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so. are you IN FACT SAYING that this woman will be the next Whedon, etc??

I'm saying we shouldn't discount her just cuz she hasn't directed a movie before. She has plenty of directing experience in television.

Golgo13

Excellent post. AMC Movie talks about how it's smart hiring directors from the TV medium. It's a good choice no matter how you slice it. Is it going to be a guarantee blockbuster/hit? No, but WB is on the right track.

g7wX6MQobwE

roughrider

I think the issue is how much experience someone has before directing a megabudget tentpole franchise film, not about whether they directed at all.

Steven Spielberg wasn't considered a very seasoned director when he got the chance to do Jaws, even with two features to his name - the Sugarland Express and Duel(his expanded TV film got theatrically released in Europe.)

The Russo brothers had made feature films as well as directing for TV before The Winter Soldier; I was just concerned at the time that they seemed to only make comedies (Welcome To Collinwood, You, Me & Dupree) - strangely, something that never entered my mind when Jon Favreau got the assignment to do Iron Man.

Edgar Wright went from directing a cult TV show to small scale cult film comedies, before he got named as Ant-Man's director.

Ridley Scott was an art director for TV before he got into directing commericals. Before Alien, he made his feature debut in the small scale historical drama The Duelists.

Who's one of the few who made their feature debut with a big budget genre film? - David Fincher, going straight from commercials and music videos to directing Alien 3. An experience he regretted.

Did anyone have concerns about Joss Whedon directing Serenity, saying he had feature film screenwriting experience but no feature directing credits? I think we all figured Firefly was his show, he's the one to do it. Did I wonder if that was enough to make him right for the Avengers? A little bit, but he rocked our worlds as it turned out. A little experience is better than none.

So, yes. I'm mildly concerned about Michelle McLaren having no feature length experience, for such a hugely important tentpole franchise film. Even Patty Jenkins had one feature to her credit when she had the assignment to do Thor: The Dark World (before she was eventually relieved of the job.) Alan Taylor stepped in and despite being best known for Game Of Thrones episodes, he had directed features before.

We'll have to see if they will trust her to go through with this film, or whether she's a puppet being controlled by Zack Snyder behind the scenes (just as I'm sure he did to Noam Murro, on the 300 sequel.)

pym-ftw

Joss Whedon never directed a movie before Serenity, and now it's arguably one of the greatest sci fi movies of all time. you lost me right there.

A 3rd director with executive producer credit on a show should not be helping the single most important film Dc/WB is going to put out.

Kazenji

No need to exaggerate things, Already was calm

Okay, so nothing major.

Have you tried going to IMDB?

Golgo13
you lost me right there.

A 3rd director with executive producer credit on a show should not be helping the single most important film Dc/WB is going to put out.

Why couldn't she do it? What are your reasons?

BruceSkywalker
I highly recommend it

I'm saying we shouldn't discount her just cuz she hasn't directed a movie before. She has plenty of directing experience in television.

i hope you are right but i will get so excited right now until i see more casting news and a trailer in a few years

Firefly218
Originally posted by roughrider
I think the issue is how much experience someone has before directing a megabudget tentpole franchise film, not about whether they directed at all.

Steven Spielberg wasn't considered a very seasoned director when he got the chance to do Jaws, even with two features to his name - the Sugarland Express and Duel(his expanded TV film got theatrically released in Europe.)

The Russo brothers had made feature films as well as directing for TV before The Winter Soldier; I was just concerned at the time that they seemed to only make comedies (Welcome To Collinwood, You, Me & Dupree) - strangely, something that never entered my mind when Jon Favreau got the assignment to do Iron Man.

Edgar Wright went from directing a cult TV show to small scale cult film comedies, before he got named as Ant-Man's director.

Ridley Scott was an art director for TV before he got into directing commericals. Before Alien, he made his feature debut in the small scale historical drama The Duelists.

Who's one of the few who made their feature debut with a big budget genre film? - David Fincher, going straight from commercials and music videos to directing Alien 3. An experience he regretted.

Did anyone have concerns about Joss Whedon directing Serenity, saying he had feature film screenwriting experience but no feature directing credits? I think we all figured Firefly was his show, he's the one to do it. Did I wonder if that was enough to make him right for the Avengers? A little bit, but he rocked our worlds as it turned out. A little experience is better than none.

So, yes. I'm mildly concerned about Michelle McLaren having no feature length experience, for such a hugely important tentpole franchise film. Even Patty Jenkins had one feature to her credit when she had the assignment to do Thor: The Dark World (before she was eventually relieved of the job.) Alan Taylor stepped in and despite being best known for Game Of Thrones episodes, he had directed features before.

We'll have to see if they will trust her to go through with this film, or whether she's a puppet being controlled by Zack Snyder behind the scenes (just as I'm sure he did to Noam Murro, on the 300 sequel.)
Valid points. Not having directed a feature film before will certainly be a disadvantage, but if she's truly as talented as she seems it can be overcome.

krisblaze
lmao at this phucking clueless guy claiming Serenity is one of the best sci-fi movies ever...

Her TV resume. Duh. She's worked on some of the best episodes on Breaking Bad.

Why are you 'duh' ing me. I asked you what she had done that got you so excited.

You can just answer and leave it at that, instead of trying to weasel out of it and then sassing me.

DARTH POWER
I personally see nothing to get "over" excited about.

She's clearly directed some great episodes of Tv, but without a proper feature film experience there's nothing to jump up and down about- Joss Whedon had at least done Serenity, and the Russo Brothers had done a few films.

For those wondering about what she's written before, she has 1 writing credit on Imdb for a Tv movie - "A Song from the Heart."

Kazenji
lmao at this phucking clueless guy claiming Serenity is one of the best sci-fi movies ever...

erm

Firefly218
There's this thing called an opinion. Don't know if you've heard of it or not, but it's pretty common.

Quincy

pr1983 It's not like that at all

Golgo13

Why are you 'duh' ing me. I asked you what she had done that got you so excited.

You can just answer and leave it at that, instead of trying to weasel out of it and then sassing me.

Nah. You should read what I write. Pretty simple. Duh.

Golgo13

She's clearly directed some great episodes of Tv, but without a proper feature film experience there's nothing to jump up and down about- Joss Whedon had at least done Serenity, and the Russo Brothers had done a few films.

For those wondering about what she's written before, she has 1 writing credit on Imdb for a Tv movie - "A Song from the Heart."

You have to start somewhere. Just because she hasn't done a full length feature, doesn't mean she can't do it or we should assume the worst. I don't think WB would take a risk if they didn't think she could do it. If she's smart and talented (which she is) then there is no reason she can't do it.

BruceSkywalker

best statement up in here

Golgo13
There's this thing called an opinion. Don't know if you've heard of it or not, but it's pretty common.

Would you rate Serenity above the likes of Aliens and Terminator? And you are correct in the sense that Joss Whedon's first movie was a cult classic. At least, IMO. And that was his first movie. I think Michelle will do fine. smile

Firefly218
Would you rate Serenity above the likes of Aliens and Terminator? And you are correct in the sense that Joss Whedon's first movie was a cult classic. At least, IMO. And that was his first movie. I think Michelle will do fine. smile

In general, probly not. Aliens and Terminator impacted hundreds of millions, catalyzed the evolution of the entire genre and were damn good. Not to say it's better, but Serenity just personally means more to me.

Agreed. MacLaren is a good choice.

Quincy
I liked the episodes of Breaking Bad she directed. Hence I am excited.

I think that's a fair thought process.

DARTH POWER
You have to start somewhere. Just because she hasn't done a full length feature, doesn't mean she can't do it or we should assume the worst. I don't think WB would take a risk if they didn't think she could do it. If she's smart and talented (which she is) then there is no reason she can't do it.

I never said she can't do it or that it can't be amazing or that we should assume the worst. I said it's nothing to jump up and down about at this point given the fact that she's never directed or written a film for the Big Screen before.

Golgo13
I never said she can't do it or that it can't be amazing or that we should assume the worst. I said it's nothing to jump up and down about at this point given the fact that she's never directed or written a film for the Big Screen before.

I don't think she's going to write the bulk of it, though. Like I said earlier, she has a whole writing team that has been unannounced. If she was writing it by herself that might be a little iffy.

pym-ftw
Why couldn't she do it? What are your reasons? the fact she has never directed anything longer than 20 minutes and if WW fails it probably ends plans for a continued long term cinematic universe.

Golgo13
the fact she has never directed anything longer than 20 minutes and if WW fails it probably ends plans for a continued long term cinematic universe.

Some have been pointing out that might be in her favor. It's more challenging directing something smaller vs something that is 110 minutes or so.

pym-ftw
Please say you have someone other than Campea's false statement. First she didn't direct entire seasons, secondly she had at best limited creative input and third she isn't even the main tv director... You can want to give her a chance, I'm not against cautious optimism but to be excited for this is baseless.

Golgo13
Please say you have someone other than Campea's false statement. First she didn't direct entire seasons, secondly she had at best limited creative input and third she isn't even the main tv director... You can want to give her a chance, I'm not against cautious optimism but to be excited for this is baseless.

Nah, it has been stated in books like Films for Dummies and this guys (Bollywood director) opinion as well:

http://www.digitalspy.com/bollywood/news/a479078/tv-harder-to-make-than-film-says-barfi-director-anurag-basu.html#~oWMNBkw4wWwJYv

roughrider
Regardless of who's directing, I suppose the best thing is that Diana is getting her own feature film at last. Some of us were gnashing our teeth about her appearing in Batman VS. Superman as a clear indication they were going to shortchange her status, as a member of the big trinity. But, she's going to get her own moment in the sun, just like the top members of the Avengers.

So...summer 2017 is going to be very mythologically memorable, with WW in June and Thor: Ragnarok in July!

Golgo13
Regardless of who's directing, I suppose the best thing is that Diana is getting her own feature film at last. Some of us were gnashing our teeth about her appearing in Batman VS. Superman as a clear indication they were going to shortchange her status, as a member of the big trinity. But, she's going to get her own moment in the sun, just like the top members of the Avengers.

So...summer 2017 is going to be very mythologically memorable, with WW in June and Thor: Ragnarok in July!

I wasn't. stick out tongue I told you more movies would come and they did. Like I have stated many times, ever since Kevin Tsujihara came on board, he's been all in with the DC properties.

And they're not even done, according to Neil Gaiman. Supposedly, we'll get more movies announced that are from Vertigo. And more Superman and Batman stand alone movies. Not to mention Del Toro turned in his script for Dark Universe.

DARTH POWER

thumb up

I'm really glad and relieved her Solo movie is coming before JL. Not long before (the same year) but still I'll happy about that!

krisblaze
Sure, it's just an insane claim.

Minimal cultural impact or impact on the genre.

More or less no acclaim.

Lukewarm reception.

Weak box-office.

Needs a series to make any sense.

I'm sure that it was a great movie for the people who had been pining for a follow up to Whedon's equally lukewarm tv-series, but I don't see what makes this the greatest Sci-fi movie ever made. Nor do I see how its a testament to Joss Whedon's amazing skills as a director.

You liked the movie, and that's great, I'm not trying to deny you that joy. But I don't see how the fact that some untried writer directed a movie that suited your completely arbitrary tastes somehow means that this untried tv-writer will turn Wonder Woman into a movie that is either

a) Critically acclaimed

b) Garners a fanbase

c) Pulls off the box office

d) has any impact on the super-hero movie genre

Firefly218
I won't dignify a troll with comprehensive response. You're wrong on several accounts, which I'm not getting into.

"untried" writer? Look at his f uckin Filmography you twit. He was showrunner for 3 incredible TV shows and directed plenty of their episodes. Not to mention a script doctor for years, significantly contributing to movies like Toy Story, Speed and Xmen.
I'm not saying the situations are identical, as whedon was hired to direct Avengers primarily because he wrote it. I'm citing it as an example that directors/writers have made successful transitions from television to film. Therefore, it's wrong to assume maclaren can't do the same. Her BB episodes show how talented she is, which is why in mildly enthusiastic.

Golgo13
Wonder Woman will shoot this fall!

http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-standalone-shooting/

DARTH POWER
Wonder Woman will shoot this fall!

http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-standalone-shooting/

That's good because it means WB/DC are likely committed to their slate up until JL no matter how good or bad BvS and Suicide Squad perform at the box office.

BruceSkywalker
who could/should Wonder Woman face in her solo film?

Tzeentch
Misogyny Man.

BruceSkywalker
film needs new director...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/336833-director-michelle-maclaren-exits-wonder-woman

Femi32
Well, that sucks. Creative differences? I wonder (pun intended) who's at fault?

Golgo13
Horrible news.

Q99
Not a good sign. Depending in part on what the 'creative differences' are of course, but Wonder Woman is one place where I'm really hesitant on corporate's views.

Q99
Some info

"The official reason for her leaving is 'creative differences,' and that seems legit according to the scuttlebutt that has reached me. MacLaren and Warner Bros couldn't agree on anything - including what time period to set the movie. More than that, MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect. "

Ok, the time period thing I get, if they're aiming for modern wanting to do it elsewhen could be a problem.

Though... would anyone here feel alienated by a tiger pet? I wouldn't. Even if she hasn't had one before, I think I'd be ok with that!

ares834
Captain Marvel has the tiger. No reason for WW to have one as well.

Anyways, certainly a bummer she stepped down. Hopefully, someone as good replaces her, but I doubt it.

roughrider
If she was hired just for the publicity of it all - look! We hired a female to direct Wonder Woman - then that sucks. PIXAR did the same thing once with their movie Brave, only to show again what a boys club the company is.

Creative differences - they lost Joss Whedon to the same problem once upon a time. I guess Warners is searching for a Yes! Man to do whatever they want...who could that be...?

(Cough) Zack Snyder (Cough)

DARTH POWER
First they were hell bent on getting a Female director. Then they wouldn't give her creative freedom.

WB desperately needs a Kevin Feige to oversee their DCCU.

Golgo13
First they were hell bent on getting a Female director. Then they wouldn't give her creative freedom.

That was just a myth. WB has stated that they weren't just looking at females. I've posted the links a few times. That was just fans thinking WB wanted females only.

Firefly218
Creative Difference... CD..... DC!

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Golgo13
What does DC have to do with it? It's not like WB is the only studio to have creative differences.

DARTH POWER
That was just a myth. WB has stated that they weren't just looking at females. I've posted the links a few times. That was just fans thinking WB wanted females only.

Yeah I don't buy it. The rumor was they were looking for a female director for that movie, and that's what they found.

They haven't chosen or even considered a female Director for any of their other movies. So what are the chances that Wonder Woman was the one which just happened to land a female director when that rumor was going around?

Too big a coincidence Imho.

BruceSkywalker
she left because Marvel stole her away to do the Captain Marvel movie

JayDaDon
Sounds similar to the whole Edgar wright Antman issue. Good that she left early on in that case. Plenty of time to find a new director.

Golgo13
Yeah I don't buy it. The rumor was they were looking for a female director for that movie, and that's what they found.

They haven't chosen or even considered a female Director for any of their other movies. So what are the chances that Wonder Woman was the one which just happened to land a female director when that rumor was going around?

Too big a coincidence Imho.

Where did it state that they were ONLY looking for females? The reports were that they were both looking at male or female or the best person to do the job. Don't believe in rumors, bro.

Golgo13
Well, this is good news. Hope its true.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GS_zpswi4z09q2.jpg

Femi32

I wish they already had one. Bruce Timm is the closest person they have to a super producer like Kevin Feige. I don't know how someone can look at the DCAU he oversaw for 14 years and the direct to-DVD movies that have come out and say, "Nope! Not him! He's never worked on live action! WB knows what they're doing." WB has yet to prove that. Promote Timm to live action and hire Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti to oversee the cartoons.

Golgo13
lol @ Bruce Timm. He's not a guarantee slam dunk. The Animation department is a lot different than the films.

Already been addressed here.

8LcR0VC5wfo

So far, the Kevin Tsujihara era has been solid. He's hired Phil Lord and Chris Miller, David Ayer, and hopefully James Wan. Not to mention he got Ben Affleck who is one of the best filmmakers in Hollywood now. They don't necessarily need a Kvid Feige, they just need to make smart decisions and a Kevin Feige type isn't the only way.

Femi32
lol @ Bruce Timm. He's not a guarantee slam dunk. The Animation department is a lot different than the films.

It's moot if he's consistently done a better job than his live action peers. First Flight and Emerald Knights are way better than the Live action Green Lantern movie we got.

8LcR0VC5wfo

It's funny you bring up the man who also agrees with me that Gal Gadot is a terrible choice for Wonder Woman. His opinion on Bruce Timm isn't based on anything other than he's only worked on cartoons (many of which are better than the movies). He's a producer who knows how to manage talent, knows DC like the back of his hand, and has a knack for art direction and story telling (much more than Zack Snyder). How hard can it be for him to approve a story and hire directors and actors to guide it rather than voice actors and animators? Tell me in your own words (not Campea's) why he shouldn't be DCCU's producer.

So far, the Kevin Tsujihara era has been solid. He's hired Phil Lord and Chris Miller, David Ayer, and hopefully James Wan. Not to mention he got Ben Affleck who is one of the best filmmakers in Hollywood now. They don't necessarily need a Kvid Feige, they just need to make smart decisions and a Kevin Feige type isn't the only way.

Someone like Feige will assure there's quality control, lack of anachronies, and contradictions that plagued X-Men. You can't expect these directors to double check with each other all the time to make sure they aren't messing something up with no one to keep them in check. WB is trying to do the same thing Marvel is doing. Marvel has been copying off DC it's whole existence. WB might as well do the same. Kevin Tsujihara has yet to complete any of these projects besides Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Nothing to boast about, yet. I'm glad he's serious about them, but he still needs help.

DARTH POWER

8LcR0VC5wfo

Screw John Campea man!

This is the same guy who told us Marvel would never go after Spider-Man and that DCCU shouldn't have ANY Solo movies (aside from MOS) before Justice League.

WB needs a Feige for their DCCU. Tim could do that. The fact that he's worked on animation is just a bonus. I mean how many live action or animated movies has Feige directed?

If it was up to Campea, Marvel wouldn't have Spider-Man now, and the ONLY movies in the DCCU we'd get before JL would be MOS and BvS.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Femi32
It's moot if he's consistently done a better job than his live action peers. First Flight and Emerald Knights are way better than the Live action Green Lantern movie we got.

It's funny you bring up the man who also agrees with me that Gal Gadot is a terrible choice for Wonder Woman. His opinion on Bruce Timm isn't based on anything other than he's only worked on cartoons (many of which are better than the movies). He's a producer who knows how to manage talent, knows DC like the back of his hand, and has a knack for art direction and story telling (much more than Zack Snyder). How hard can it be for him to approve a story and hire directors and actors to guide it rather than voice actors and animators? Tell me in your own words (not Campea's) why he shouldn't be DCCU's producer.

Someone like Feige will assure there's quality control, lack of anachronies, and contradictions that plagued X-Men. You can't expect these directors to double check with each other all the time to make sure they aren't messing something up with no one to keep them in check. WB is trying to do the same thing Marvel is doing. Marvel has been copying off DC it's whole existence. WB might as well do the same. Kevin Tsujihara has yet to complete any of these projects besides Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Nothing to boast about, yet. I'm glad he's serious about them, but he still needs help.

Fox doesn't have a Fiege type and I've been enjoying their movies just as much if not more so than the MCCU.

Golgo13
Screw John Campea man!

This is the same guy who told us Marvel would never go after Spider-Man and that DCCU shouldn't have ANY Solo movies (aside from MOS) before Justice League.

WB needs a Feige for their DCCU. Tim could do that. The fact that he's worked on animation is just a bonus. I mean how many live action or animated movies has Feige directed?

If it was up to Campea, Marvel wouldn't have Spider-Man now, and the ONLY movies in the DCCU we'd get before JL would be MOS and BvS.

You act like nobody makes mistakes or says wrong things. Jon isn't perfect and MOST of the things he says makes sense, because he works close to the industry. He certainly knows more than we do, that's for sure.

Agree to disagree that WB needs a Fiege. WB is going to make a crap load of money soon once the DCCU comes out. They've been strong on the directing side, too.

Fox is making awesome stuff without a Fiege type. And they've made a lot of money, with no end in sight. Deadpool, X-Men Apoc, Gambit, etc...

Henry_Pym
Fox doesn't have a Fiege type and I've been enjoying their movies just as much if not more so than the MCCU. outside of the last 2, Fox was on a huge down slide in movies.

JayDaDon
Kevin Tsujihara might just be DC/WB's Kevin Feige. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
outside of the last 2, Fox was on a huge down slide in movies.

But their movies have been getting better. At least, imo
Plus FF looks really good.

DARTH POWER
You act like nobody makes mistakes or says wrong things. Jon isn't perfect and MOST of the things he says makes sense, because he works close to the industry. He certainly knows more than we do, that's for sure.

Yeah but it doesn't matter what he knows because he treats his opinions as facts so it's difficult to differentiate between what he Knows and what he Thinks. And he's just been wrong too many times on the big issues to use his arguments Imo.

Agree to disagree that WB needs a Fiege. WB is going to make a crap load of money soon once the DCCU comes out. They've been strong on the directing side, too.

Fox is making awesome stuff without a Fiege type. And they've made a lot of money, with no end in sight. Deadpool, X-Men Apoc, Gambit, etc...

Lauren Shuler Donner is Fox's Feige and she's doing a Fantastic job. Whose doing that for WB? Choosing Snyder to do both BvS and JL after already doing MOS is a big mistake IMO. He did a decent job for MOS, but he hasn't proven himself to give him THAT much responsibility. So whose making these decisions is what I want to know?

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Kevin Tsujihara might just be DC/WB's Kevin Feige. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Not really comparable seen as he's the CEO of the whole company, so is way too busy to play the Feige for the DCCU.

Firefly218
Screw John Campea man!

Tbf, nobody saw the spiderman thing coming. I mean, Marvel was on a serious roll and didn't even need spiderman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER Screw John Campea man!

evil face evil face evil face

DARTH POWER
Tbf, nobody saw the spiderman thing coming. I mean, Marvel was on a serious roll and didn't even need spiderman.

Yeah but "needing" is different to "wanting". The only thing Marvel had missing was their Massive Icon. And they "wanted" to be able to use him, so they had everything.

Plus people who know their movie industry facts (like Campea is supposed to) could tell you Marvel already had an invested interest in how well Sony's Spider-Man movies were doing, because Marvel profits from Movie Merchandise for Spider-Man unlike with X-Men & FF. So there was always a decent chance of marvel helping sony with Spider-Man in some fashion. In fact the Oscorp building almost made it into Avengers 1 but wasn't done only due to time constraints.

Anyway Campea's problem isn't his predictions and arguments. It's how arrogant he is regarding his opinions, making them out to be facts, which just makes him lose a lot of credibility when he's wrong on major stuff like that.

Henry_Pym
But their movies have been getting better. At least, imo
Plus FF looks really good. ??? What? The first Trailer was mostly background shots, and we have had a bunch of poor lighting outline shots of the four... No Doom. How is it looking good?

Golgo13
Yeah but it doesn't matter what he knows because he treats his opinions as facts so it's difficult to differentiate between what he Knows and what he Thinks. And he's just been wrong too many times on the big issues to use his arguments Imo.

Lauren Shuler Donner is Fox's Feige and she's doing a Fantastic job. Whose doing that for WB? Choosing Snyder to do both BvS and JL after already doing MOS is a big mistake IMO. He did a decent job for MOS, but he hasn't proven himself to give him THAT much responsibility. So whose making these decisions is what I want to know?

Not really comparable seen as he's the CEO of the whole company, so is way too busy to play the Feige for the DCCU.

Not really. John has stated countless times that most of what he says is just opinion. Pretty much everything he states beforehand has an opinion disclaimer.

Who is WB'S Kevin Feige? Supposedly the guy who's been helping out at Fox will help oversea DCCU. That and Kevin T. And Zack Snyder who has big plans for the DCCU. They really just need to make good choices.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
??? What? The first Trailer was mostly background shots, and we have had a bunch of poor lighting outline shots of the four... No Doom. How is it looking good?

The whole thing looks good. The tone of the movie and the entire direction of it all. I'm a big Miles teller fan after seeing Whiplash, so that helps. Solid actor.

roughrider
Fox doesn't have a Fiege type and I've been enjoying their movies just as much if not more so than the MCCU.

That's because several years ago they hired a Marvel insider - Mark Millar - to be a consultant on their films. It's no coincidence the Marvel films by Fox has been better since he's been aboard (which means post-X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)

DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern. And Christopher Nolan seems to have moved on after Man Of Steel.

Marvel studios has their insider group of permanent consultants from the comics - Brian Bendis, Joe Quesada, Alan Fine. DC needs to do the same thing.

AlmightyKfish
The whole thing looks good. The tone of the movie and the entire direction of it all. I'm a big Miles teller fan after seeing Whiplash, so that helps. Solid actor.

I guess it's just personal opinion but I massively disagree.

Out of all the major comic book properties, there are two which I'd say shouldn't be 'dark and gritty' at all, those being Superman and the Fantastic Four.

I mean the core of the FF is that this incredible thing happens which leads to amazing adventures. Making it dark and (as they've said in interviews) more realistic is completely against the core tenants of the property. Sure bad things can happen (ie look at Hickman's run, stuff gets bad at times) but at it's core it's optimistic and light.

Everything promoted and said about the new movie seems to directly contradict these core ideas, and also, the sheer insanity that should be an FF franchise. I mean of all the things to make 'realistic' and serious, it's really not one of them.

Again though, personal taste and your mileage may vary.

Femi32
DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern.

I wouldn't blame Johns for Green Lantern. The original script was quite good, but it was rewritten numerous times until WB hired their preferred writer and made the movie.

Femi32
Who is WB'S Kevin Feige? Supposedly the guy who's been helping out at Fox will help oversea DCCU. That and Kevin T. And Zack Snyder who has big plans for the DCCU. They really just need to make good choices.

That is worrisome. 'The guy' from FOX shouldn't be overseeing the DCCU when WB already has people qualified for that. It's about respecting and knowing the source material along with making movies.

Kazenji
That's because several years ago they hired a Marvel insider - Mark Millar - to be a consultant on their films. It's no coincidence the Marvel films by Fox has been better since he's been aboard (which means post-X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)

So Mark Miller has done actual things over at Fox?.......i remember before Days of Future Past got released Bryan Singer hadn't even met Mark Millar, Seems he's there along for the ride.

-Pr-
I wouldn't blame Johns for Green Lantern. The original script was quite good, but it was rewritten numerous times until WB hired their preferred writer and made the movie.

yeah, if anything, they could have let johns have MORE input.

Q99
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Out of all the major comic book properties, there are two which I'd say shouldn't be 'dark and gritty' at all, those being Superman and the Fantastic Four.

I'd toss in Wonder Woman, but yea.

Golgo13

DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern. And Christopher Nolan seems to have moved on after Man Of Steel.

Marvel studios has their insider group of permanent consultants from the comics - Brian Bendis, Joe Quesada, Alan Fine. DC needs to do the same thing.

Geoff Johns was not to blame for that failure. Supposedly, he had very little to do with Green Lantern's outcome. That's funny that you bring up Mark Millar, because supposedly Geoff Johns is working closer to the TV show and film side, which is why he's only writing one book now, which is the JLA.

Warner's shows have generally been hits with a lot more to come.

Golgo13
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

I mean the core of the FF is that this incredible thing happens which leads to amazing adventures. Making it dark and (as they've said in interviews) more realistic is completely against the core tenants of the property. Sure bad things can happen (ie look at Hickman's run, stuff gets bad at times) but at it's core it's optimistic and light.

Everything promoted and said about the new movie seems to directly contradict these core ideas, and also, the sheer insanity that should be an FF franchise. I mean of all the things to make 'realistic' and serious, it's really not one of them.

Again though, personal taste and your mileage may vary.

Different strokes for different folks, then, but Fox did a light Fantastic Four and it turned out to be crap. From the story side of it and the casting. I don't want that again.

DARTH POWER
Geoff Johns would be a great guy to oversee ALL DC Movies and Tv Series.

The impression I get though is that he has a lot more say on Tv, but hardly any for the movies. Figures why their Tv products are turning out so well.

Not really. John has stated countless times that most of what he says is just opinion. Pretty much everything he states beforehand has an opinion disclaimer.

Yeah and his OPINIONS on all big DC/MARVEL Movie topics have usually been wrong. So why bring him up making the argument that Bruce Tiim isn't the right guy to head the DCCU?

roughrider
Originally posted by -Pr-
yeah, if anything, they could have let johns have MORE input.

A better first Green Lantern movie would have been the Secret Origin story by Geoff Johns, where rookie Hal teams up with Sinestro to take down Atrocious.

Golgo13
Geoff Johns would be a great guy to oversee ALL DC Movies and Tv Series.

The impression I get though is that he has a lot more say on Tv, but hardly any for the movies. Figures why their Tv products are turning out so well.

Yeah and his OPINIONS on all big DC/MARVEL Movie topics have usually been wrong. So why bring him up making the argument that Bruce Tiim isn't the right guy to head the DCCU?

It's just not John saying it could or could not work, it's his entire crew and facts to back it up. Has Bruce Timm ever worked on a big budget movie with millions on the line? Nope. Does it mean he couldn't, probably not, but he has yet to prove himself in the film industry and there are more reasoning that he might fail than succeed.

Golgo13
That is worrisome. 'The guy' from FOX shouldn't be overseeing the DCCU when WB already has people qualified for that. It's about respecting and knowing the source material along with making movies.

How do you know the guy from Fox doesn't know his source material?

DARTH POWER
It's just not John saying it could or could not work, it's his entire crew and facts to back it up. Has Bruce Timm ever worked on a big budget movie with millions on the line? Nope. Does it mean he couldn't, probably not, but he has yet to prove himself in the film industry and there are more reasoning that he might fail than succeed.

Better than having no one. Because Mr. Nobody has no previous experience in Film or Animation.

Fact is DC's animation has consistently been better than the films. If the Green Lantern film had the same "story" as the animated feature it would have been 100 times better. You can get proper movie writers and directors to script make the film after that. It's not like Feige makes, scripts and directs the Marvel movies himself.

So people see someone like Tiim doing such a great job with the DCAU and think jeez if you have no one then get that guy to oversee your films overall story arcs. Just like Feige does. Geoff Johns would also be a great choice for the role IMO.

The logic works much better than Snyder, then more Snyder then even more Snyder.

That's my opinion anyway. And honestly for all his "credentials" I make much more sense than Mr. Campea. There are other movie experts who completely disagree with him. He's not the god of movie news.

Golgo13
Better than having no one. Because Mr. Nobody has no previous experience in Film or Animation.

Fact is DC's animation has consistently been better than the films. If the Green Lantern film had the same "story" as the animated feature it would have been 100 times better. You can get proper movie writers and directors to script make the film after that. It's not like Feige makes, scripts and directs the Marvel movies himself.

So people see someone like Tiim doing such a great job with the DCAU and think jeez if you have no one then get that guy to oversee your films overall story arcs. Just like Feige does. Geoff Johns would also be a great choice for the role IMO.

The logic works much better than Snyder, then more Snyder then even more Snyder.

That's my opinion anyway. And honestly for all his "credentials" I make much more sense than Mr. Campea. There are other movie experts who completely disagree with him. He's not the god of movie news.

Agree to disagree. WB has better people in charge now, though. Which is why we're getting a lot more than we ever have in the past.

Who knows whether the movies will be good, but WB is certainly delivering recently and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Femi32
How do you know the guy from Fox doesn't know his source material?

I don't, but I know the people from DC (Timm and Johns) are more qualified and make more sense.

Golgo13
I don't, but I know the people from DC (Timm and Johns) are more qualified and make more sense.

Johns is working in the TV/Film department.

Golgo13
Also, looks like WB got Patty Jenkins who was going to direct Thor 2.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mgm-bring-george-saunders-very-789069

DARTH POWER
Johns is working in the TV/Film department.

I know. But we're saying he should be the guy whose actually in charge of the DCCU and not just a consultant. He was just a consultant for GL. He seems to have more creative input with the Tv shows.

Anyway I hope you're right and WB kills it with the DCCU. I actually think Suicide Squad is a genius move on their part.

Golgo13
We really don't know the extent to what he's doing, though. It's all speculation.

I agree. The way WB handled Suicide Squad was pretty awesome. From the director, to the cast, etc...

BruceSkywalker
will someone let me know when jenkins leaves for creative reasons lol

Q99
Hah, something I heard that'd be tragic if true:

"What if there's been a misunderstanding? What if MacLaren didn't actually say anything about a tiger? It's so obvious--

What if what she really said was that she wanted to put Cheetah in the movie?"

Tzeentch
What were the "creative differences" she quit over?

DARTH POWER
We really don't know the extent to what he's doing, though. It's all speculation.

We know he's not the guy in charge. In fact they don't seem to have a Feige, someone whose in charge of the movie division story group, someone who knows the source material well, so is filled with fresh ideas to draw from there.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What were the "creative differences" she quit over?

From the sounds of it, pretty much everything. Ones that were noted were the time period the film should take place in, and a sidekick animal for WW.

BruceSkywalker
We know he's not the guy in charge. In fact they don't seem to have a Feige, someone whose in charge of the movie division story group, someone who knows the source material well, so is filled with fresh ideas to draw from there.

From the sounds of it, pretty much everything. Ones that were noted were the time period the film should take place in, and a sidekick animal for WW.

i wanted the sidekick animal lol

Golgo13

We know he has an important part, that's for sure. Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one.

DARTH POWER
Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one.

Well that's debateable given how slow they've been kick starting their DCCU.

Golgo13
Well that's debateable given how slow they've been kick starting their DCCU.

Movies just don't pop up. Ever since Kevin T has taken over, he's been amping up BOTH TV and film (12 movies in 5 years and a ton of shows). MOS didn't come out too long ago and that was their FIRST in it's DCCU.

DARTH POWER
Movies just don't pop up. Ever since Kevin T has taken over, he's been amping up BOTH TV and film (12 movies in 5 years and a ton of shows). MOS didn't come out too long ago and that was their FIRST in it's DCCU.

The current DCCU plan began with MOS. However they have been trying to get that started for over 10 years.

First the plan was to have a BvS and Justice League alongside Routh's Superman and Bale's Batman but with a different continuity and different Batman and Superman. That completely fell through.

Then just a few years ago Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DCCU. That obviously didn't work out either.

Now they're doing it after MOS. And even then waiting 3 years just for the next film in that Universe is pretty damn slow for a Shared Movie Universe.

So I'm not just going to put my head in the sand and pretend everything's perfect with the way WB has handled DC properties so far, and they couldn't do anything better or be at all more efficient. Because that's just not true.

I hope it all goes incredibly well over the next few years, I really do. But you know I have every reason to be sceptical and critical right now. WB simply have yet to prove themselves with their DCCU.

Golgo13
The current DCCU plan began with MOS. However they have been trying to get that started for over 10 years.

First the plan was to have a BvS and Justice League alongside Routh's Superman and Bale's Batman but with a different continuity and different Batman and Superman. That completely fell through.

Then just a few years ago Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DCCU. That obviously didn't work out either.

Now they're doing it after MOS. And even then waiting 3 years just for the next film in that Universe is pretty damn slow for a Shared Movie Universe.

So I'm not just going to put my head in the sand and pretend everything's perfect with the way WB has handled DC properties so far, and they couldn't do anything better or be at all more efficient. Because that's just not true.

I hope it all goes incredibly well over the next few years, I really do. But you know I have every reason to be sceptical and critical right now. WB simply have yet to prove themselves with their DCCU.

I know the history. I'm just saying don't compare eras of leadership. The new people in charge are getting things done. Attracting talent from both actors and directors (Who would of ever though someone like Will Smith would play Deadshot?) and going forward with super heroes that aren't Batman and Superman. In fact, I told you guys they would way before they even announced their 10 movie slate. Most of you had doubts, but I didn't.

DARTH POWER
Oh it's no surprise they're attempting other heroes. They did after all attempt Green Lantern. But they're doing it very cautiously this time, introducing them through the Batman/Superman franchises first. And really taking their time giving us a Solo movie without Batman or Superman in it.

We'll see how it turns out. But it's definitely way too early to congratulate them on their DCCU success.

Golgo13
Oh it's no surprise they're attempting other heroes. They did after all attempt Green Lantern. But they're doing it very cautiously this time, introducing them through the Batman/Superman franchises first. And really taking their time giving us a Solo movie without Batman or Superman in it.

We'll see how it turns out. But it's definitely way too early to congratulate them on their DCCU success.

I'm not really congratulating them, though. For all we know the future movies could very well suck. What I'm pleased with is the talent they've been getting, so that bodes well for them going into the future.

quanchi112
We know he has an important part, that's for sure. Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one. They have one movie out. Marvel has built momentum and released hit after hit. It isn't the same thing. Even daredevil was a mega success in terms of a Netflix series which was considerably darker. They have meticulously planned and not fallen back on old formulas but created unique characters and tones. Do not act like it is even close at this point. Be hopeful all you want but it ends there at this point.

Golgo13
Holy Moly. Anyone see the trailer yet? Visually stunning. Can't wait to see Dina.

Firefly218
Holy Moly. Anyone see the trailer yet? Visually stunning. Can't wait to see Dina.

MoS was also visually stunning, sucker punch was visually stunning. Doesn't mean it'll be a good movie.

Teaser trailer felt devoid of character and heart. It felt like a heartless video game cut scene.

Golgo13
MOS didn't look as good as this. Larry Fong, ftw.

Femi32
Originally posted by quanchi112
They have one movie out. Marvel has built momentum and released hit after hit. It isn't the same thing. Even daredevil was a mega success in terms of a Netflix series which was considerably darker. They have meticulously planned and not fallen back on old formulas but created unique characters and tones. Do not act like it is even close at this point. Be hopeful all you want but it ends there at this point.

He wasn't comparing WB to Marvel Studios. He was commenting on WB not needing a top executive producer for DC movies (which I disagree with). Don't turn this into Marvel vs. DC.

Tzeentch
Actually, go ahead Quan.

Quan vs. Golgo seems like it'd be entertaining to watch.

DARTH POWER
Don't turn this into Marvel vs. DC.

thumb up

The fact that they're going to show the BvS trailer in front of Avengers shows there's no war going on. It's all in the fanboys heads. And Feige himself praises Nolan's Batman - He just recently said the new Spider-Man should do what BB did for Batman. I.e. he puts BB up on a pedestal for other comic book reboots to learn from.

I don't expect WB to match Marvel with their DC Properties (realistically). I'll just be happy with them making some great movie franchises of their own (preferably ones without Batman or Superman).

Because then we have Great films from both Marvel and DC. And we win. It's not like we have a choice to watch/enjoy just one or the other Lol. But what we won't enjoy are crappy movies.

Femi32
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Actually, go ahead Quan.

Quan vs. Golgo seems like it'd be entertaining to watch.

I can see how it could be, but no. I may not agree with Golgo13 on how WB does things, but at least I know he wants a good DCCU. Quanchi is all Marvel and I can't blame him as far as the movies and Daredevil go. Now, if only Marvel could give me good animated shows, direct to DVD animated movies, and some videogames as good as the Arkham series.

thumb up

The fact that they're going to show the BvS trailer in front of Avengers shows there's no war going on. It's all in the fanboys heads. And Feige himself praises Nolan's Batman - He just recently said the new Spider-Man should do what BB did for Batman. I.e. he puts BB up on a pedestal for other comic book reboots to learn from.

I don't expect WB to match Marvel with their DC Properties (realistically). I'll just be happy with them making some great movie franchises of their own (preferably ones without Batman or Superman).

Because then we have Great films from both Marvel and DC. And we win. It's not like we have a choice to watch/enjoy just one or the other Lol. But what we won't enjoy are crappy movies.

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
the real reason she was fired...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/wonder-woman-michelle-maclaren-wb-1201473481/

Femi32

WW in the vein of Brave Heart? I haven't seen that movie in years, but that sounds like it would be cool. However, there's nothing wrong with a character driven story. People complained about MOS lacking character and if this article is true, people will complain about, too. Just look at the comments section for that article.

Tzeentch
lol

DARTH POWER

whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

erm

If they wanted a character driven story they should have hired a better actress.

But a Braveheart type Epic origin story for WW sounds frigging Awesome.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what kind of character driven story they deliver.

-Pr-
It honestly sounds like fancy language to me. Covering up and trying to be nice rather than admit why she left.

BruceSkywalker
whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

erm

If they wanted a character driven story they should have hired a better actress.

But a Braveheart type Epic origin story for WW sounds frigging Awesome.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what kind of character driven story they deliver.

thumb up

roughrider

Patty Jenkins is the hired replacement?

She was the second director hired for Thor: The Dark World as well. Before 'creative differences' - and the amount of time needed to devote to a big budget screen project, as opposed to TV - got her jettisoned in favour of Alan Taylor.

We'll see if she stays in the director's chair for this, or if history repeats itself and they hire Director No. 3, and just give up on the need for this to have a female director.

DARTH POWER

We'll see if she stays in the director's chair for this, or if history repeats itself and they hire Director No. 3, and just give up on the need for this to have a female director.

It does seems like they're hell bent on this being a female director with no real big screen directing experience.

Golgo13
Her biggest movie was Monster, which gave Charlize Theron her Oscar. She'll do fine.

roughrider
Her biggest movie was Monster, which gave Charlize Theron her Oscar. She'll do fine.

It was her only movie (and a small one), twelve years ago.

Your positivity in the face of every DC/Warners misstep is truly inspiring, I must say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
It was her only movie (and a small one), twelve years ago.

Your positivity in the face of every DC/Warners misstep is truly inspiring, I must say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And? She's done TV work as well. What makes you think she'll do a bad job? Oh, yeah, that's right, because she's attached to a DC project. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Oh, yeah, that's right, because she's attached to a DC project. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And where exactly are you getting that idea from?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Kazenji
And where exactly are you getting that idea from?

Just look at his past posts. Everything seems to be negative related to WB/DC.

He didn't think anything would be produced from WB that isn't Batman/Superman related , yet even before DC's 10 movie slate was announced I claimed that they would announce something big soon. He called me crazy. Yet, here we are. Wonder Woman has a director, Suicide Squad is coming right AFTER Batman V Superman, and we've been getting a slew of shows that aren't Superman/Batman related.

Kazenji
And he also pointed out how Patty Jenkins pulled out of Thor the Dark world over creative differences, Who's to say that won't happen again?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Kazenji
And he also pointed out how Patty Jenkins pulled out of Thor the Dark world over creative differences, Who's to say that won't happen again?

I never said it wouldn't or couldn't happen.

DARTH POWER
Just look at his past posts. Everything seems to be negative related to WB/DC.

Whilst you seem to be overly positive with every move they make. A bit strange considering their track record.

Once they give us a few well received superhero movies in the DCCU, then most of us will be happy to share your positivity.

But they have to earn that first, and not just be given our blind trust for the sake of it.

Golgo13
Whilst you seem to be overly positive with every move they make. A bit strange considering their track record.

Once they give us a few well received superhero movies in the DCCU, then most of us will be happy to share your positivity.

But they have to earn that first, and not just be given our blind trust for the sake of it.

I'm positive, because of my predictions I have made so far. Looking back at the old posts in the other thread makes me laugh.

"Ben Affleck?! This movies going to be a mess!" "This movies going to be a trainwreck!"

Seriously? Now that we've seen the pics and a trailer, people aren't talking shit anymore. Well, most people so far. laughing out loud

Femi32

I was thinking that the other day. We have no choice but to hope Gadot can actually pull it off.

I'm positive, because of my predictions I have made so far. Looking back at the old posts in the other thread makes me laugh.

"Ben Affleck?! This movies going to be a mess!" "This movies going to be a trainwreck!"

Seriously? Now that we've seen the pics and a trailer, people aren't talking shit anymore. Well, most people so far. laughing out loud

I'll admit I wasn't keen on Affleck, but he does bring directorial and story experience to the table. He's also a very intimidating looking Batman. I still stand by my other opinions, though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>