Proteus Vs Man-Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Classic Proteus, starting in random human body, classic MT.
No prep. No BFR. Fight takes place deep in the Florida Everglades.

DarkSaint85
Sheer power output, Proteus would win. Man Thing could always reform, however,

The problem would be as the fight goes on, Proteus would be burning that frail human body up. Man Thing could win by attrition.

riv6672
Thanks, DS!

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sheer power output, Proteus would win. Man Thing could always reform, however,

The problem would be as the fight goes on, Proteus would be burning that frail human body up. Man Thing could win by attrition.
Or he could, you know, possess Man Thing.

Proteus stomps.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
Or he could, you know, possess Man Thing.

Proteus stomps.

Has Man Thing been possessed before?

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Has Man Thing been possessed before?
You realize, this isn't a "spiritual" possession right? Proteus forces his consciousness inside the host body and it's over. It hasn't failed Proteus yet.

Proteus' power dwarfs Man-Thing's (as least in terms of scope). He warped an entire city effortlessly. He could just warp Man Thing into a latex condom and walk away in time for dinner.

riv6672
I dont know about this possession thing.
Zop is right in that this isnt spiritual, but, i think that might stand a better chance given MTs nature. He isnt a traditional physical body.

carver9
You realize, this isn't a "spiritual" possession right? Proteus forces his consciousness inside the host body and it's over. It hasn't failed Proteus yet.

Proteus' power dwarfs Man-Thing's (as least in terms of scope). He warped an entire city effortlessly. He could just warp Man Thing into a latex condom and walk away in time for dinner.

This.

Fight wouldn't last a second.

riv6672
Didagree.
MT can bounce back from any damage Proteus inflicts, as was put out.
The possession thing.. Really dont see it.

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
Didagree.
MT can bounce back from any damage Proteus inflicts, as was put out.
The possession thing.. Really dont see it.
He's not "damaging" anything. He's WARPING REALITY. That's far worse for Man Thing.

The possession is just the icing on the cake, Proteus doesn't even need it to win.

riv6672
I read Proteus' bio before posting this thread. I know what he can do, and MTcan survive it.
The possession thing, i hadnt thought of, but having considered it i dont think its possible.

pym-ftw
MT has literally reformed from nothing, and he has nothing to possess

zopzop
Originally posted by pym-ftw
MT has literally reformed from nothing, and he has nothing to possess
http://www.cutecatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Facepalm.gif

Kazenji
Going with Proteus, I remember what he could do from that X-Man TAS and few other appearances in the comics.

pym-ftw
http://www.cutecatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Facepalm.gif concession accepted

TheLordofMurder
He's not "damaging" anything. He's WARPING REALITY. That's far worse for Man Thing.

The possession is just the icing on the cake, Proteus doesn't even need it to win.

thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Going with Proteus, I remember what he could do from that X-Man TAS and few other appearances in the comics.
The animated series? stick out tongue

Anyhow, i recalled his comics appearances too, but i looked the character up so as not to over/under sell him. He does have limits.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
. He does have limits.

erm

Come on he punched Colossus halfway across the island, Magneto's blood to lead and taking mental possession of Nightcrawler.

riv6672
Punching MT results in getting muck on your hand. He doesnt have any blood. There's nothing to be in possession of.

But i said limits.

I'm starting to think this character suffers Dr. Manhattan syndrome, where posters give his powers way more scope than they actually have due to few appearances and nostalgia remembering same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.