TP Fight! Manchester Black Vs DCnU Brainiac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BR_zpscdccdc89.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MB_zpsfc82e162.jpg

krisblaze
Almost impossible call imo.

Manchester Black's very popular, and I don't trust myself to see clearly when it comes to him stick out tongue

abhilegend
Brainiac easily.

thingy150
Originally posted by abhilegend
Brainiac easily.

Ya that is what i am thinking however i am not the most knowledgeable on black.

Golgo13
Brainiac easily.

How does he easily win a TP fight?

carver9
He gathered millions of minds to the point that it was 'stated' he could rewrite the universe in whatever image he wanted. He then mind raped some of the most powerful beings on the planet, including Martian Manhunter. Don't know if I would call it that though since he was literally taking the essence of their minds. With that said, what's his best TP ft. He did get into Superman's mind but DCNU Superman isn't comparable at all to his previous self when it comes to mind attacks.

krisblaze
^Abhi didn't understand that scene, and clearly neither did you smile

thingy150
Originally posted by krisblaze

Are you going to prove that they did not or are you just going to bump this thread with your moot post?

krisblaze
Originally posted by thingy150
Are you going to prove that they did not or are you just going to bump this thread with your moot post?
Prove that they did not understand something they just showed that they did not understand?

abhilegend
Lois with a fraction of Brainiac's powers had universal level telepath.

http://i.imgur.com/WfcQoXq.jpg

""Every person on the planet, every planet in the cosmos, all at once. This is what Brainiac sees every.......". And what Brainiac sees every day fried the mind of a universal level telepath's mind."

krisblaze
You confuse scope/range with level of power.

Always have.

abhilegend
You confuse scope/range with level of power.

Always have.
Lois also beat Psycho Pirate who was the strongest telepath in Psi-war casually and breached Brainiac's defenses when he was casually mindraping entire earth including J'onn.

So no. There is a difference between top tier telepaths and telepaths who can hear every thought in the ****ing universe.

And that was with a fraction of Brainiac's powers.

krisblaze
^So you agree with me then?

abhilegend
^So you agree with me then?
That brainiac shit stomps? Because all you are doing is ignoring every feat Brainiac has. "Scope doesn't do it, power comparison to other Telepaths doesn't do it."

What exactly are you looking for a fight between two telepaths?

krisblaze
You're putting words in my mouth now.

I was saying that Brainiac's reach is not necessarily indicative of how he would do in a TP battle.

His fights against other telepaths, obviously are smile

Black wins.

abhilegend
So yeah, your feats don't count but mine do. Which TPers did Black beat BTW?

krisblaze
So yeah, your feats don't count but mine do. Which TPers did Black beat BTW?

I'll reiterate.

The range of your telepathy is not indicative of how powerful your telepathy is.

Feats against other telepaths or powerful are obviously indicative of how well he does against them.

How you managed to get "your feats don't count but mine do" out of this is beyond me, but my comment was not intended to discredit Brainiac's feats, only explain to you that they do not all indicate mad tp-fighting skills.ยจ

Black never fought any telepaths.

We only know that his blocks are too powerful for MM and that his TP worked on Superman.

DarkSaint85
Why doesn't range = power?

If I have a powerful transmitter, I have more range.

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why doesn't range = power?

If I have a powerful transmitter, I have more range.

Because it's no indicator of how much power he can pour into one mind.

What does it tell you, other than that its great in scope?

DarkSaint85
Because it's no indicator of how much power he can pour into one mind.

What does it tell you, other than that its great in scope?

That if he focussed that power into one person, it would be pretty powerful?

Like the Sun's rays focussed through a magnifying glass onto a single point.

krisblaze
That if he focussed that power into one person, it would be pretty powerful?

Like the Sun's rays focussed through a magnifying glass onto a single point.
By that analogy it would be nothing of its original power.

But what power? How much do you need to be in touch with that many minds? And most importantly does it stack at all, beyond amount of sensory input?

Parasite's mind was put into that link and he couldn't handle the input, but why would Black allow such a connection in the first place?

To build on the sun analogy. It can warm an entire planet at the same time, but in a fight a torch is far more powerful weapon than just regular sun-rays...

DarkSaint85
By that analogy it would be nothing of its original power.

But what power? How much do you need to be in touch with that many minds? And most importantly does it stack at all, beyond amount of sensory input?

Parasite's mind was put into that link and he couldn't handle the input, but why would Black allow such a connection in the first place?

To build on the sun analogy. It can warm an entire planet at the same time, but in a fight a torch is far more powerful weapon than just regular sun-rays...

The torch would be, unless I took the Sun's entire output of whatever is warming the Earth, and focussed it into a beam as wide as your torch's. Which I guess is the argument trying to be made here. So if you had a torch, and I had my Sunsaber, I'd be hella more powerful. But if I didn't focus my beam, there's a good chance your torch would be brighter than mine.

With regards to your other points, I have no idea if it stacks or whatever, but am using the Sun as my analogy - that's how I think TP works. Obv, am totally guessing, lol.

krisblaze
The torch would be, unless I took the Sun's entire output of whatever is warming the Earth, and focussed it into a beam as wide as your torch's. Which I guess is the argument trying to be made here. So if you had a torch, and I had my Sunsaber, I'd be hella more powerful. But if I didn't focus my beam, there's a good chance your torch would be brighter than mine.

With regards to your other points, I have no idea if it stacks or whatever, but am using the Sun as my analogy - that's how I think TP works. Obv, am totally guessing, lol.

I thought it was just a random analogy.

And I think it's impossible to say, DC in particular has been extremely inconsistent when it comes to telepathy.

All I know is that Manchester Black was more effective against Superman, and that MM couldn't touch Luthor's mind after Black installed his blocks. Of course it's still entirely possible for Brainiac to be a million times more powerful, but we never saw Black try anything on a large scope.

Golgo13
MM couldn't touch Brainiac's mind as well. Or do anything important while he was taking over earth.

krisblaze
That's DCNU MM, and his feats aren't quite up there with the preboot one smile

Golgo13
That's DCNU MM, and his feats aren't quite up there with the preboot one smile

Still pretty formidable as he tooled Despero with TP. MM has a good record in the DCnU. smile

-Pr-
I should ****ing ban that doom arc from kmc...

krisblaze
Originally posted by Golgo13
Still pretty formidable as he tooled Despero with TP. MM has a good record in the DCnU. smile

Yes, DCNU despero

Golgo13
Yup.

abhilegend
I'll reiterate.

The range of your telepathy is not indicative of how powerful your telepathy is. So a total random criteria thrown by you. Nice. Now have any proof to prove that actually?

Brainiac treated every telepath on earth like insects.

Sure and we forget Lois totally trouncing Psycho Pirate, Hector Hammond etc.

He had to find cracks in Superman's psychic defenses to enter his mind actually. And Brainiac actually mindraped J'onn in DCnU.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Golgo13
MM couldn't touch Brainiac's mind as well. Or do anything important while he was taking over earth.
That's why he was mindraping J'onn casually just one issue later, right?

Prof. T.C McAbe
An Universal+ telepath against Manchester? Stomp of epic proportions. Black will black out.

krisblaze
So a total random criteria thrown by you. Nice. Now have any proof to prove that actually?
Yes.

Punching feats are also not equivalent of energy blast power.

Running speed is not equivalent of someone's intelligence.

I'm all about these crazy random criteria!

Brainiac treated every telepath on earth like insects.

Sure and we forget Lois totally trouncing Psycho Pirate, Hector Hammond etc
Haven't forgotten anything.

Just told you that feats against other telepaths are great when it comes to these kind of debates. Did you intentionally misread that part?

He had to find cracks in Superman's psychic defenses to enter his mind actually. And Brainiac actually mindraped J'onn in DCnU.

So you think it's harder to mindrape DCNU J'onn than it is to manipulate preboot Superman then? smile

Golgo13
DCnU MM has been a psychic beast, so that's no small feat from Brainiac. Is he on the level of Pre-Flashpoint? Probably not, but he's not far off, IMO.

abhilegend
Yes.

Punching feats are also not equivalent of energy blast power.

Running speed is not equivalent of someone's intelligence.

I'm all about these crazy random criteria! What the? What are you babbling about now? I said you are ignoring all evidence of power a telepath can have and applying your own criteria.

So yeah, Lois with a fraction of Brainiac's power casually thrashed the most powerful psi on earth psycho pirate when he was amped on Superman's mental energies.

I think its harder to mindrape everyone on the planet than having to find a way in Superman's mind untill he breaks.

http://i.imgur.com/goDUbx1.jpg

And that's when Superman wasn't actually resisting black consciously.

krisblaze
What the? What are you babbling about now? I said you are ignoring all evidence of power a telepath can have and applying your own criteria.
I'm sorry if these things go over your head. It was an analogy, to point out that not everything Brainiac does indicates how well he would do in a fight against another telepath.

Like how the scope of Brainiac's telepathy isn't very indicative of how we'll he'd do against someone in a fight.

His fights against other telepaths would be.

How this is ignoring evidence of power is beyond me. I think it might have something to do with you wanting him to be powerful and then everything he does becomes an indication of that power. Like you do with Superman.

I think its harder to mindrape everyone on the planet than having to find a way in Superman's mind untill he breaks.

http://i.imgur.com/goDUbx1.jpg

And that's when Superman wasn't actually resisting black consciously.
Indeed, Superman couldn't even tell that Black was in his mind.

Not a feat many people can boast. In fact a think Black's probably the only one who can claim to have been running that kind of surveillance on Superman.

Mindraping a planet's not all that impressive tbh.

Xavier, Gamermaster and Shadow King have both done stuff with minds ranging into the billions.

abhilegend
I'm sorry if these things go over your head. It was an analogy, to point out that not everything Brainiac does indicates how well he would do in a fight against another telepath. You should be sorry if all you can do is ignore feats because you don't like them. You are fixated on scope when I flat out tell you that a fraction of Brainiac's power could beat the most powerful psi on the planet.

His fights against telepaths is infinitely better than Black's.

What the? At the height of his power Brainy was warping entire universe with just psionic power. If you think that's not an indication of power then I don't know what is.

Because he wasn't aware of the fact.

Not really. Max Lord, J'onn and several others have done that. Keeping tabs on Superman isn't that difficult.

Including a dozen telepaths and then warping entire universe with psionics? Do tell me more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.