- Marvel Earth Protector -

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who is Marvel Earth's #1 protector ?

If you could only pick 1 under high herald lvl..

I seen this question elsewhere and most picked Black Bolt as the guy who can't let Marvel Earth die under threat, its main protector..

Sin I AM
Id go with Thor. He'd never let midgard fall and would go so far as to abandon asgard to save the realm

tru-marvell
Thor is definitely number 1 for devotion and ability
Strange would be 2nd
Silver Surfer...would be my third choice

Supermex
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Thor is definitely number 1 for devotion and ability
Strange would be 2nd
Silver Surfer...would be my third choice

Silver Surfer Dont live on Earth or is even around Earth enough to be ranked.

Black Bolt
Dr.Strange
Black Panther
Namor
Maybe Captain Britain
Maybe Magneto
Thor

List is not in no real order

zopzop
I agree with tru.

It's either Strange or Thor.

krisblaze
Both Thor and Black Bolt have been in war with Earth, so I don't know stick out tongue

It's X-Man.

Supermex
The more we talk about this I feel like Dr.Strange might be that guy..

Supermex
Originally posted by Supermex
The more we talk about this I feel like Dr.Strange might be that guy..

Thou B.Panther, B.Bolt, Namor, Capt.Britain, Thor even Magneto have somekind of responsibility to Earth.

pym-ftw
Thor if we are talking power level

Hulk if we take Marvel's narrative to heart.

krisblaze
^Hulk's done more harm than good to Earth.

It might be Iron Man.

abhilegend
Reed ****ing Richards, you heathens.

sneer

Supermex
Originally posted by krisblaze
^Hulk's done more harm than good to Earth.

It might be Iron Man.

Yes Iron Man and Reed are up there 2

Hulk is on a different scale. Hulk is awesome and all, but he is both a threat/savior combo in a one package deal. A machine of pure destruction.

Iron Man
Reed
Black Bolt
Thor
Mags
Namor
Britain
Panther
Strange

pym-ftw
Tbf the entire Illuminati has consistently put the earth in danger as much as hulk.

krisblaze
I wanted to agree with Abhi on Reed, but I guess Pym's right with his comment on the illuminati.

The X-Men have done a pretty good job though, but then again they also attracted the shi'ar and all the issues that brought with it....

Cap's been pretty consistent hasn't he? But on his own he's not a very effective protector...

Supermex
I wanted to agree with Abhi on Reed, but I guess Pym's right with his comment on the illuminati.

The X-Men have done a pretty good job though, but then again they also attracted the shi'ar and all the issues that brought with it....

Cap's been pretty consistent hasn't he? But on his own he's not a very effective protector...

Now leaning with Dr.Strange and especially now that Thor is unworthy, but still thinking strange get the nod.

Stoic
Spider Man has really put in the work, and even though he may be under powered for a lot of the threats he makes up for it for the amount of threats that he has taken on and neutralized. I'd place him in the top 5.

Supermex
Originally posted by Stoic
Spider Man has really put in the work, and even though he may be under powered for a lot of the threats he makes up for it for the amount of threats that he has taken on and neutralized. I'd place him in the top 5.

I understand where you coming from with Spider-Man.

World threats are a ***** to cover

carver9
Now leaning with Dr.Strange and especially now that Thor is unworthy, but still thinking strange get the nod.

He's worthy again and is in possession of Mjlonir.

I would say Thor and Spiderman.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9

What!! There's no lady Thor already?
Cls.Thor got Mijlonir back already?

Prof. T.C McAbe

Scans of Thor being Worthy again?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

All there is, is a scan where Thor picks up Mjolnir.

And he picks it up but instead of the inscription saying worthy it says.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be unworthy, shall possess the power of Thor"

Supermex

Yes plz

Also give your top 5 Earth protectors in terms of responsibilities each have to the planet thatakes them worthy of listing..

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thor, even not worthy. Magneto, because of Mutants.
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
All there is, is a scan where Thor picks up Mjolnir.

And he picks it up but instead of the inscription saying worthy it says unworthy.

I know my friend, I just wanted to show carver, why he fails most of the time with his "interpretation" of feats, because he either sees a pretty word or a pretty picture but never both.

One_Angry_Scot

I know my friend, I just wanted to show carver, why he fails most of the time with his "interpretation" of feats, because he either sees a pretty word or a pretty picture but never both.

Ah okay.

carver9
I guess we read a different book.
Originally posted by Galan007
Sorry, problem resolved...

New Avengers - Dark Priests (1/2):
http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256407_New_Avengers_2013-_027-005.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256408_New_Avengers_2013-_027-006.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256416_New_Avengers_2013-_027-007.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256418_New_Avengers_2013-_027-008.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256419_New_Avengers_2013-_027-009.jpg

http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256422_New_Avengers_2013-_027-010.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256424_New_Avengers_2013-_027-011.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256426_New_Avengers_2013-_027-012.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256429_New_Avengers_2013-_027-013.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21256414_New_Avengers_2013-_027-015.jpg

carver9
Well, he is unworthy.

One_Angry_Scot
I guess we read a different book.

Tell me what the inscription says.

And no I read the same scans as you Carver.

carver9
I corrected my post above yours.

Supermex
So he is still unworthy then?

Supermex

Magneto cus of the mutants I agree

zopzop
How the hell are people mentioning Spider Man's name in the same breath as Thor or Strange?

Strange gets double props because when he dealt with a universe/dimension conquering threat, most of the time he did it by himself. Examples : Classic Shuma Gorath and Dormammu (when he took over Strange's body and was fully manifest on Earth).

carver9
Strange is a good choice as well. He just gave up his soul just to save the entire universe. It takes nothing but a strong hero to do something like that.

One_Angry_Scot
I corrected my post above yours.

Okay my bad.

tru-marvell
Can't believe I forgot Blue Marvel...and I would think that the hero's base power set would need to be "global" scale. Most "heros" are self sacrificing but that won't do much when faced against a rampaging Destroyer...

Supermex
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Can't believe I forgot Blue Marvel...and I would think that the hero's base power set would need to be "global" scale. Most "heros" are self sacrificing but that won't do much when faced against a rampaging Destroyer...

Totally agree

Blue Marvel is great choice.
Even Hyperion at this point.

krisblaze
Thor now has the hammer of Thorr.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Tbf the entire Illuminati has consistently put the earth in danger as much as hulk.
That'd be more of Tony's fault than Reed. Reed has saved earth and universe more times than I care to count.

abhilegend
Thor now has the hammer of Thorr.
Wut? What kind of shit is that? Who is Thorr?

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend

AU Thor, who is evil.

Blame it on Hickman, this is all him.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by abhilegend

This one.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thorr_Odinson_(Earth-TRN380)

For some reason the full URL isn't accepted.

abhilegend
AU Thor, who is evil.

Blame it on Hickman, this is all him. Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
This one.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thorr_Odinson_(Earth-TRN380)

For some reason the full URL isn't accepted.
I........I have no words to describe how shitty this is.

carver9
I guess anyone could pick up the hammer of Thorr.

HulkIsHulk
I guess anyone could pick up the hammer of Thorr.
Most probably. Since its inscription shows "should he be unworthy". Is it a coicidence that I had a dream last week that Hulk finds a AU Mjolnir during one of the Illuminati trips and gives it to Thor? Maybe Hickman and I were telepathically connected. shifty

DarkSaint85
Captain Britain.

Supermex
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Captain Britain.

What about him ?

DarkSaint85
As the #1 Protector.

Not just of Marvel 616 Earth, but as the Protector of the Nexus of Realities, ALL Earths.

Never been at war with Earth like Thor/Magneto either.

Sin I AM
Britain gets lowballed due to lack of popularity.

krisblaze
I'm on board with Captain Britain.

Supermex
Can you guys explain the whole Captain Britain thing and why he be rank 1 ?

carver9
His personality is kind of Superman like. He would do anything and face anything, even if the odds is against him to save the day. Love the character and forgot about him. If i did think about it, I would've put him first.

Supermex
His personality is kind of Superman like. He would do anything and face anything, even if the odds is against him to save the day. Love the character and forgot about him. If i did think about it, I would've put him first.

I have been bringing him up more often here on this board, just to see where he is at power wise..

Star428
Originally posted by zopzop
How the hell are people mentioning Spider Man's name in the same breath as Thor or Strange?

Yeah, I was kinda scratching my head at that also. Spider-Man is cool and all and is probably my favorite Marvel character but putting him the same category as Thor or Strange or even Reed Richards for a "world savior" is pushing it. I'd pick Captain America long before I picked Spider-man. At least Cap has leadership skills that are second to none (in Marvel, at least). If he still had those cosmic powers it would be a different story.

krisblaze
Can you guys explain the whole Captain Britain thing and why he be rank 1 ?

Because of Otherworld/Avalon.

Spawningpool
God spawn would be the ultimate protected. Simply because he is god..... He can see everything. He is everything.

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Also ineligible.

Spawningpool
Btw spawn actually made Thor powerless when thor was in hell but that's none of my business. So in that case spawn could drag anybody to hell and they would be powerless.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Btw spawn actually made Thor powerless when thor was in hell but that's none of my business. So in that case spawn could drag anybody to hell and they would be powerless.

What about Mephisto?

Spawningpool
Only the ruler of hell can keep his power in hell....

Spawningpool
I think spawn would be a good candidate because he originates from earth and protects earth...

DarkSaint85
Nah. He's ineligible.

For someone who's a fan of Spawn, you really don't know a lot about him.

Insane Titan
Cap Britain is a great choice

Spawningpool
Please tell me more about him please and thank you sir

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Please tell me more about him please and thank you sir

He's not from Marvel.

Spawningpool
Spawn started out marvel but then the creator of spawn broke from marvel and took the rights of spawn with him.... That's why there haven't been spawn movies... But once upon a time spawn was marvel

Spawningpool
By movies I mean a sequel

DarkSaint85
No, you're wrong.

Todd MacFarlane only created Spawn when he was at Image. Not at Marvel. When Todd was at Marvel, Spawn hadn't been created yet.

Source: http://www.spawn.com/info/todd/bio.long.aspx

So, no, take your Spawn love out of this Marvel thread. Spawn has never been a Marvel property.

Spawningpool
We'll you know what they say the more you know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.