In the Heart of the Sea (2015, Ron Howard)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I'm a fan of Ron Howard's work, so this will no doubt be interesting. Trailer is pretty excellent...

Xs-JfPjgiA4

Kazenji
Might check it out, It looks good

also been cruising around on my ship in one of the latest Assassins Creed games.

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing

jaden101
I like the look of this. Cinematography is certainly spectacular.

Kazenji
The movie been delayed until December 11 now

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/in-the-heart-of-the-sea-delayed-until-december-two-months-before-its-release-124

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie been delayed until December 11 now

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/in-the-heart-of-the-sea-delayed-until-december-two-months-before-its-release-124

its a smart move, the theory is that they/re might be oscar noms for the film perhaps

Kazenji
Off to see this one today.

Robtard
Like the director and even though I couldn't finish Moby Dick cos it became tiresome, the story with the cinematography is captivating.

I'm not sold on Hemsworth in the lead though, but it wouldn't be the first time an average actor pulled a spectacular performance if this is the case.

Ascendancy
Hemsworth was good money in Rush. I wish I had seen it in theaters.

Time-Immemorial
Will watch on HBO

Esau Cairn
Unfortunately initial reviews saying it's long & tedious with very little happening.
Also yeah great cinematography but there's only so much you can do with the ocean as a background.

Robtard
Well that's unfortunate, still going to watch.

Master and Commander did well with an ocean as the backdrop, so I'd not be quick to fault it for that.

Kazenji
I'd give the movie about an 8/10.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
Well that's unfortunate, still going to watch.

Master and Commander did well with an ocean as the backdrop, so I'd not be quick to fault it for that.

Don't get me wrong. I love big monster flicks & Moby Dick has been a childhood fav.

I'm just saying I'll probably enjoy it more on DVD than have the patience to see it at the cinema.

Patient_Leech
I'd give the movie about an 8/10.

There's the famous in-depth "down under" Kaz review I've been waiting for!

Kazenji
Jeez...i'm sorry, If i'm not as much of a movie geek such as yourself going into greater detail. Things such as how great or not so great the cinematography etc.

Patient_Leech
So you really got nothing? Not one tiny thought about it? It could be as simple as, "I liked the acting." I mean, what is the basis for the 8/10 rating??!

jaden101
Saw this tonight. Very good movie. Great cast. Brendon Gleeson is excellent. So is Cillian Murphy. Yet another period movie that has half of Game of Thrones in it. Catelyn Stark, Benjin Stark, Maester Luwin. Not sure how Tom Holland will be as Spiderman cos he's hopeless in this.

quanchi112
Looks like shit. Won't be seeing this unless it's on Netflix years later and I can't find anything else. What depressing thought.

Robtard
Of course you wouldn't, quano, it's not start to finish mindless action. Most Ron Howard flicks are character and story orientated, nothing to hold your interest. Go watch Immortals for the 6th time.

quanchi112
Of course you wouldn't, quano, it's not start to finish mindless action. Most Ron Howard flicks are character and story orientated, nothing to hold your interest. Go watch Immortals for the 6th time. That is your thing aka mad max. I found that to be silly and repetitive. Movies I love are Into Darkness, Rots, and Tron Legacy to name a few. You love wok, die hard five, and mad max. Those are your picks.

Robtard
You're partially correct for once, amazing. WOK and Mad Max are solid SciFi/Action flicks thumb up

Your favorite film is 'Freddy Vs Jason', you've actually said this. Drown in your shame. You're dismissed now.

quanchi112
Partially correct for once. WOK and Mad Max are solid SciFi/Action flicks thumb up

Your favorite film is Freddy Vs Jason, you've actually said this. Drown in your shame. You're dismissed now. Not to me just to you.

At one point but that has changed.

You prefer mad max to NuTrek. You're awful.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jaden101
Saw this tonight. Very good movie. Great cast. Brendon Gleeson is excellent. So is Cillian Murphy. Yet another period movie that has half of Game of Thrones in it. Catelyn Stark, Benjin Stark, Maester Luwin. Not sure how Tom Holland will be as Spiderman cos he's hopeless in this. I disagree about Holland. I though he was good as a scared/bewildered rookie.

But yah, I enjoyed the movie. Really good period piece.

Insane Titan
This movie was good tbf, far better than I expected.

Kazenji
I hear this movie isn't doing so well at the Box office.

CPT Space Bomb
I hear this movie isn't doing so well at the Box office. Which is a real shame. People are waiting to spend their money for Star Wars....plus stupid ass Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 40%...

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Which is a real shame. People are waiting to spend their money for Star Wars....plus stupid ass Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 40%... Why would anyone release their film close to this mega film ? They must be crazy.

jinXed by JaNx
I think the trailer looks great but unfortunately, it's the Christmas season so i don't have much extra cash to to blow on going to the cinema. However, i don't think anyone expected any movie other than Star Wars to make money this month. It really does look, good though and i'll probably end up seeing it before i see Star Wars because SW is sold out all over my town.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why would anyone release their film close to this mega film ? They must be crazy. True, if there is one thing that this movie did really wrong was releasing so close to Star Wars.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
True, if there is one thing that this movie did really wrong was releasing so close to Star Wars.

and that's ONLY because SW was able to get a release date so close to, Christmas.

Patient_Leech
Watched this. Pretty good. I felt like it took 45 min or so to really find its footing and get going, but it's a worthy sea adventure. From the trailers I was afraid it might be a little hokey, but all the shots of the whales and whatnot were actually pretty cool. Some of the shots of the actors seemed quite green screened, but it's tolerable. Definitely worthy of a watch for any follower of Howard's work. He gives it life, even though it kind of feels like a premise we've seen many times before.

It's also cool seeing some familiar faces in it, like Jordi Molla, Cillian Murphy, etc.

Robtard
It was good, which is a shame it flopped.

Am looking forward to Howard's upcoming "Inferno", did enjoy the previous two flicks of the series, more so the first film.

Patient_Leech
It was good, which is a shame it flopped.

Am looking forward to Howard's upcoming "Inferno", did enjoy the previous two flicks of the series, more so the first film.

There's only 2 films so far, brah. DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons. Do you mean you liked A&D more than DaVinci Code?

I actually think Inferno is the weakest book by far, so I'm not expecting a whole lot from the film. I hope they've rewritten some to make it more interesting. But The Lost Symbol is great. I hope they make the film the best in the series to wrap it up.

Robtard
I think you misread what I said? I enjoyed the two films already made in the series; why I'm looking forward to the upcoming third. I liked the first (DC) more out of the two.

Patient_Leech
My bad, I did misunderstand. For some reason I thought you mistyped and meant "more so THAN the first."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.