Which weapon would benefit Superman the most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
The Star Brand
Mjolnir
Power Gem
Power Ring (Black, White off limits)
Quantum Bands
Ruby gem of Cytorrak
Cosmic Control Rod

Star428
Power gem.

carver9
Ruby or Power gem

riv6672
I'm going to say none of them. He really doesnt need s weapon, barring a plot device.

8swords
want to say ruby/mjollnir, but forgot if either one gives any defense against magic laughing out loud

soo. powergem

DarkSaint85
The Starbrand, IMHO.

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
I'm going to say none of them. He really doesnt need s weapon, barring a plot device.

It would be extremely hard for just about any character (with a few exceptions) lower than trans-tier level to beat an unrestrained Superman even without any of these powerups. But, with the power gem, he could probably even beat skyfathers (like Odin) if he wasn't holding back. I'd wager he'd even give a well-fed Galactus a damn good fight. The power gem greatly amplifies the power that a character already has. So, Superman would hit much harder. Fly, fight, and blitz much faster. Would be much more durable and all of his other powers (heat vision, freeze breath, super hearing, etc...) would be greatly amplified as well.

riv6672
I understand, its just, i dont see Superman as needing weapons/devices. He can get the job done, regardless.
I dont want to derail this thread, which promises to be interesting, just saying dont see the need for Superman and weapons.

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
I understand, its just, i dont see Superman as needing weapons/devices. He can get the job done, regardless.
I dont want to derail this thread, which promises to be interesting, just saying dont see the need for Superman and weapons.

You're right. Against most opponents he doesn't but against others whom he probably couldn't beat otherwise the power gem would help A LOT.

krisblaze
Originally posted by 8swords
want to say ruby/mjollnir, but forgot if either one gives any defense against magic laughing out loud

soo. powergem

Gem of Cyttorak does though, it adds an incredible magical defense and the possibility for magical offense and whatnot.

In the hands of someone like Superman the effects would be devastating.

One_Angry_Scot
Given that Superman's next step in evolution so to speak is to become closer to H'el with regards to his powers something like the Starbrand or the Quantum Bands would be ideal for that.

Most other items would be good for him but they don't add as much variation bar Mjolnir.

HulkIsHulk
Ruby of Cytorak imo. Takes away the magical weakness and now he doesn't have to hit anybody, just let them wail on him.

HulkIsHulk
Ruby of Cytorak imo. Takes away the magical weakness and now he doesn't have to hit anybody, just let them wail on him. Makes it much better for pulling punches. Plus the secondary forcefield it gives can repel away kryptonite, plus a well advanced healing factor onto Clark's accelerated healing.

Insane Titan
Isn't the writers protection he has a better weapon than all of them listed ?

Estacado
He needs red pants and he should wear it on top of his uniform...

Time Immemorial
Ruby

pym-ftw
Quantum Bands imo would be the best for superman

basilisk
If it was classic Starbrand then Starbrand, although it would make his Superman powers almost redundant.

Otherwise the ruby gem. This would give him near total invulnerability even to his magic weakness, it should be able to handle his k-nite weakness and his red sun weakness, it gives him protection against his tp weakness, and it empowers him through magic removing his solar energy drain weakness by removing his dependency on solar energy. It also gives him the force field and unstoppability power. With his speed, flight, and all his other powers on top of this he would be hard to stop.

Reflassshh
Superman's creativity with his power would allow him to use all of this weapons to their full potential.

But if I had to choose I'd pick Mjolnir's versatility or Power gem's amping powers.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by basilisk
If it was classic Starbrand then Starbrand, although it would make his Superman powers almost redundant.

Otherwise the ruby gem. This would give him near total invulnerability even to his magic weakness, it should be able to handle his k-nite weakness and his red sun weakness, it gives him protection against his tp weakness, and it empowers him through magic removing his solar energy drain weakness by removing his dependency on solar energy. It also gives him the force field and unstoppability power. With his speed, flight, and all his other powers on top of this he would be hard to stop.

Very well said

Originally posted by Reflassshh
Superman's creativity with his power would allow him to use all of this weapons to their full potential.

But if I had to choose I'd pick Mjolnir's versatility or Power gem's amping powers.

Why the hammer over the ruby?

krisblaze
The hammer is so unwieldy it's retarded.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The Starbrand, IMHO. ruby, definitely. It would increase his durability and strength astronomically more and make him unstoppable and release his mental blocks to become even stronger (the gem makes the user want to destroy). It would give him complete immunity to tp and have magical resistance.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by h1a8
ruby, definitely. It would increase his durability and strength astronomically more and make him unstoppable and release his mental blocks to become even stronger (the gem makes the user want to destroy). It would give him complete immunity to tp and have magical resistance.

Added to the fact he would not be hurt by knite or red sun, or have power drain.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Very well said

Why the hammer over the ruby? I don't know the gem very well tbh. And mjolnir'd grant him matter manipulation and a plethora of other abilities he'd make use of, unlike thor. stick out tongue

Silent Master
ruby, definitely. It would increase his durability and strength astronomically more and make him unstoppable and release his mental blocks to become even stronger (the gem makes the user want to destroy). It would give him complete immunity to tp and have magical resistance.

You're aware that the ruby doesn't give immunity to tp, right?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Isn't the writers protection he has a better weapon than all of them listed ?
And who knows about them better than a Thanos fanboy

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Reflassshh
I don't know the gem very well tbh. And mjolnir'd grant him matter manipulation and a plethora of other abilities he'd make use of, unlike thor. stick out tongue
You do realise full mastery of the Power Gem allows you to replicate any superhuman power right?

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
Yup. With the Classic SB he wouldn't even care about his Kryptonian powers. But that SB is dead and gone.

As of today, the Power Gem is the way to go. By far the most powerful item on that list.

DarkSaint85
I see zop, basilisk and Scot agree with me.

IOW, the only correct opinions thumb up

Reflassshh
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You do realise full mastery of the Power Gem allows you to replicate any superhuman power right? I meant the ruby, typo.

Prof. T.C McAbe
White Ring.

LordofBrooklyn
The Power Gem.

Clark is intelligent enough to tap into it consciously and that would make him firmly a skyfather level figure.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
White Ring.

The White, and Black rings are off limits. I thought people (at least one person) would have said the Orange ring. He could build an army of pawns.

rotiart
Assuming kryptonite fell on the electromagnetic spectrum....
Then quasar bands would be able to protect superman from kryptonite or red sun lights adverse effects...

It's arguable whether the ruby gem would even prevent kryptonite or red sun light from harming superman as they aren't actually lethal attacks they just adversely effect his unique states...

Assuming the gems did protect against all three attack forms then it's the obvious choice. If not then it's a toss up.

Gem for magic protection
Bands for red sun light and kryptonite protection.

krisblaze
Give it a few years or so before Superman evolves beyond those ridiculous limits.

Even now I have a hard time believing that he can't absorb red sunlight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're aware that the ruby doesn't give immunity to tp, right? It does. It gives the user a helmet to protect against tp as well as a force field (some writers) to not be touched.

Silent Master
It does. It gives the user a helmet to protect against tp as well as a force field (some writers) to not be touched.

You're aware that the helmet can be removed, right?

h1a8
You're aware that the helmet can be removed, right?
.....as well as a force field (some writers) to not be touched.

It can only be removed if Superman doesn't have a force field or Superman is too slow to prevent someone from trying to remove it. Either one is not likely.

krisblaze
The forcefield can still be penetrated though.

It's not as if Superman would be untouchable with the field, he'd just be harder to take down.

Silent Master
.....as well as a force field (some writers) to not be touched.

It can only be removed if Superman doesn't have a force field or Superman is too slow to prevent someone from trying to remove it. Either one is not likely.

Juggernaut has been a victim of tp attacks multiple times, the gem in no way grants immunity to telepathy

basilisk
Juggernaut has been a victim of tp attacks multiple times, the gem in no way grants immunity to telepathy In my earlier post I only said protection against TP, because yes the helmet can be removed. But with the helmet he will be safe against TP except maybe at high Phoenix levels and above. He has Juggernaut/Kryptonian strength to stop people taking it off, and unlike Cain, Supes should be smart enough, sensory aware enough, and superspeed fast enough to prevent almost anyone from removing the helmet.

Given how often Superman seems to get trashed these days by
- physical beatdowns, arm breakings etc.
- k-nite
- magic
- red sun radiation
- energy drain
- TP
- lighting/electricity stuff,
the ruby gem with it's massive physical invulnerability, magic resistance, uber healing factor, removal of any dependencies on food/air/water/solar radiation, and tp resistance is a good bet. Most of the other weapons couldn't give all of this. The PG would be able to provide most but perhaps not all of this.

It may be arguable how much the ruby gem counters k-nite & red sun radiation, though Juggernaut is immune to radiation. But even on the chance they still affected him, I think the Juggernaut's powers would keep him going as long as he could tolerate the pain.

Sixth_Winged
Either ruby or quantum bands. Ruby simply because a lightspeed juggernaut that is immune to any most forms of injury is too hard to beat.

Quantum bands since it doesn't need charge or depletes like power ring.

rotiart
I think the big interesting question is... If you surround superman with red sunlight... It wouldn't harm him but would prevent him from using the solar energy collected in his cells. (maybe it's been recommend but I'm sure I've read that about superman a few years back when he ended up on a planet with red sunlight).

Anyways even in that scenario you would still have Clark Kent with all the powers of juggernaut. And that by itself would not be an easy person to put down. Unless you are above herald or have ridiculous super speed.

byrdgang21
I think the Q Bands would be a good pick. Theoretically he should be able to replicate a sun dip anytime he wants which would boost his stats. Also shouldn't he be able to manipulate magical powers and energies similar to what Vulcan did to Warlock? That is something he to do to defend himself against Magig. He would also be able to use them for offensive purposes. I think they compliment his existing power set the best.

krisblaze
Theoretically theres no sense to Supermans powers. Sunrays embody him with a metaphysical importance and the ability to alter reality by punching.

Phucking flex mentallo and hourman 1mill's shown more consistency in power and ability.

h1a8
Originally posted by krisblaze
The forcefield can still be penetrated though.

It's not as if Superman would be untouchable with the field, he'd just be harder to take down. it's not penetrable by physical means. There are writers who didn't write Juggs with a force field and some that did. See Thor vs. Juggs. Juggs gains his force field back and then cannot even be touched by Thor.

In other issues Juggs can be easily touched, like being burned by chandelier, having sex with she-hulk, etc.

h1a8
Juggernaut has been a victim of tp attacks multiple times, the gem in no way grants immunity to telepathy there are different version of Juggs, one with a force field and one without. The one with, his helmet cannot be removed unless he somehow turns his force field off. Therefore, the gem that grants a force field also grants the user with immunity to tp.

krisblaze
it's not penetrable by physical means. There are writers who didn't write Juggs with a force field and some that did. See Thor vs. Juggs. Juggs gains his force field back and then cannot even be touched by Thor.

In other issues Juggs can be easily touched, like being burned by chandelier, having sex with she-hulk, etc.

You can still touch him physically, and if you're strong enough to get through you can harm him.

Any forcefield makes the use "invulnerable" unless its met with sufficient force. Juggernaut's is no different.

The gem of cyttorak wouldn't be that much of a boost to Superman's durability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.