Sith Originality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
Is it me or did anyone else pick up on the idea of the Sith having powers, weapons and techniques that are original?

In Phantom Menace and the Expanded Universe, Darth Maul has double bladed Lightsaber.

In Episode 2, Count Dooku has a curved hilted lightsaber.

In Episode 3, Greivous could wield 4 lightsabers at the same time.

In Starwars Rebels, Inquisitor has a Spinning double lightsaber.

In Episode 7, a mysterious sith has a cross bladed lightsaber.

I haven't seen much with the jedi, the closest thing to come to it was Mace Windu's purple lightsaber and while Starkiller sits between the Jedi and Sith, he had a reversed grip style based on Djem So/Form 5.

What is your opinion on the Sith being original?

atv2
So in Episode 7, Kylo Ren has a Cross guard lightsaber.

What is your opinion on the Sith being original?

DARTH POWER
I've always remembered the line in ROTJ, where Palpatine looks at Luke's Saber and says "The weapon of a Jedi, much like your Fathers," thinking a normal conventional Lightsaber is considered a Jedi weapon and not a Sith one.

But then Palpatine used one just like it on ROTS. So it kind of threw that idea out of the window.

The only way Sidious himself is even slightly unorthodox is that according to TCW he apparently wields Dual Lightsabers. So I was glad TCW kept him at least a little different with his use of the "Jedi" weapon.

queeq
Sith need some kind of different thing to distinguish themselves... why that is, I have no idea. Maybe they think they are clever or something.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by queeq
Maybe they think they are clever or something.

Clever.. Or Superior.

queeq
If they were superior, they wouldn't need special sabres.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by queeq
If they were superior, they wouldn't need special sabres.

I meant they think they are superior to the Jedi. So like to differentiate themselves and show their alleged superiority.

NewGuy01
@DP well that's because the term "Sith" wasn't invented until after RotJ. Vader and Palpatine were just Dark Jedi, at that point.

queeq
I don't think that is right. I remember the phrase "Sith" being used in the ESB merchandise stuff. I remember collecting photo stickers at the time, having the famous pic of Vader on top of the stairs in the carbon freezing chamber and the pic was titled: Lord of the Sith.

So I think that is a wrong assumption.

Shey Tapani
Sith ain't got nothing on General Krell.

queeq
Hmm... yeah.

relentless1
Greivous isn't a Sith

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by relentless1
Greivous isn't a Sith Discriminatory profiling.

queeq
laughing out loud

relentless1
what can I say, I have a thing against handicapped ppl

queeq
Oh that was you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.