Hulk's stomping ground

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I think he deserves a thread dedicated to him, because he seems to be discussed so often in threads.

Stoic
I'll begin

I want to bring up something that's pretty odd. How did the Hulk's gamma cure work on Skaar? They share they are from the same bloodline. When he shot Skaar I'm not sure if it was my imagination, but the last we see of Skaar, his eyes gleam a forest green color. Could he have been hiding something? I'm just wondering if he can still Hulk out or not? Again, I find it odd that it worked on him, because he's the Hulk's son after all.

HulkIsHulk
I have no idea. Duggan wanted to get rid of another Hulk and he did.

abhilegend
I have to say, this "Look, a new hulk persona emerges" is getting tiresome. Its like every new writer wants to create a new hulk of his own.

How hard is it to write a misguided, lonely, bitter with humanity yet still heroic hulk who will fight against humans and would still protect them? To quote an immortal line which encapsulates hulk perfectly, "The monster saved them. But the very same people, afraid of his limitless strength turned against him. As they always have. As they always will."

Just give me some good hulk stories, not feat fests.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
I have to say, this "Look, a new hulk persona emerges" is getting tiresome. Its like every new writer wants to create a new hulk of his own.

How hard is it to write a misguided, lonely, bitter with humanity yet still heroic hulk who will fight against humans and would still protect them? To quote an immortal line which encapsulates hulk perfectly, "The monster saved them. But the very same people, afraid of his limitless strength turned against him. As they always have. As they always will."

Just give me some good hulk stories, not feat fests.
It's just that the vast majority of the writers can't get it into their heads what the Hulk is about. A majority of them see nothing more than a dumb brick to be used as a plot device or for the Worf Effect.

Damborgson
The character progression on Hulk was so good at one point. Savage Hulk should never have reappeared to be honest. WWH should have been the final hulk persona.

krisblaze
Bruce Jones is probably my favourite Hulk writer, wish theyd bring back him to Marvel.

leonidas
what's everyone think of kluh? i know he's been around before but his recent appearance in nova brought him back to the forefront. i actually can't STAND the character. the way he looks seems absurd and his whole persona seems so....typical. nothing special--seen-it-done-it a million times. even the idea of kluh seems dumb. what about kluh's hulk?? the hulk's hulk sucks imo.

krisblaze
^I can't stand any of Hulk or Hulk-related character that's appeared since 2006 or so.

But yes, Kluh is especially related, much like Skaar.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by leonidas
what's everyone think of kluh? i know he's been around before but his recent appearance in nova brought him back to the forefront. i actually can't STAND the character. the way he looks seems absurd and his whole persona seems so....typical. nothing special--seen-it-done-it a million times. even the idea of kluh seems dumb. what about kluh's hulk?? the hulk's hulk sucks imo.
Simply another harebrained idea from those who don't know what to do with Hulk, and with even more extremely poor execution.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by krisblaze
Bruce Jones is probably my favourite Hulk writer, wish theyd bring back him to Marvel.
Unfortunately, much like Waid, he had a good start which soon lost its steam and devolved into nothingness due to lack of creativity.

krisblaze
Constant curveballs is not a trademark of creativity, but lack of vision.

On the other hand a lack of willingless to adapt is equally bad.

Jones wrote a good story first, which is all that really matters.

The Sorrow
Not true. Books like Hulk need to have action aswell, like Waids run it had interesting ideas in parts but ultimately it was just... Well... boring.

krisblaze
How boring a book is has nothing to do with the quantity of action....

Digi
Hulk used to have his own forum on KMC. At the time, I actually petitioned for the merging and/or deletion of ALL the character-specific forums, for ease of use. Somehow the others stayed, though not because of me.

srug

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by krisblaze
How boring a book is has nothing to do with the quantity of action....
The stories shouldn't look too contrived either

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Digi
Hulk used to have his own forum on KMC. At the time, I actually petitioned for the merging and/or deletion of ALL the character-specific forums, for ease of use. Somehow the others stayed, though not because of me.

srug
I know. I know

janus77
They destroyed all the character development when Pak left.

There are one or two good ideas, in the shite that's followed post-Pak, but the execution is awful and the overwhelming feeling you get is one of complete indifference to the character.

Marvel are wasting Hulk, they have no idea what to do and don't care about it either.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by janus77
They destroyed all the character development when Pak left.

There are one or two good ideas, in the shite that's followed post-Pak, but the execution is awful and the overwhelming feeling you get is one of complete indifference to the character.

Marvel are wasting Hulk, they have no idea what to do and don't care about it either.
True. Very less writers know what Hulk is and even less know what to do with him

The Sorrow
In terms of the battleboards a pretty solid week for Hulk; no-selling Captain Marvel and one-shotting her into space, tearing apart War Machine armours like paper, and stomping a powerful mage in Loki. Good stuff thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.