Batman detective Vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
During official crossovers and many a versus, Batman gets paired with Captain America when going h2h.
My question is, who would you consider his Marvel equal/peer/analogue (whatever term floats your boat) in deductive skills? AND, is s/he better than/equal to/not as good as Batman?

riv6672
I hope Marvel never has a murder mystery...laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Well, they'd probably just rely on Tony to use a techno doohickey, or Strange to whip up a spell. No real deductions going on ( as seen with the Watcher).

riv6672
...i guess?

confused

DarkSaint85
But, to get back to the question...

Misty Knight.

carver9
Daredevil or Moonknight

riv6672
Not to diss Marvel, but as i made this i didnt see anyone really coming close to Batman here.
Whoever their best is, is going to be a distant second.
Seeing as DS's response (and he's habitually on the money) cited Marvel's resident tech genius and pre eminent mage to match up against Batman's deductive ness, i think i'm right on this one.

shadowknight
There's no one who comes even a distant 2nd to Batman in detective ability. At bet they have people that are distant 3rd.

SamZED
Iirc Logan has a couple of crazy deduction feats.

riv6672
Originally posted by shadowknight
There's no one who comes even a distant 2nd to Batman in detective ability. At bet they have people that are distant 3rd.
Fair enough.

Originally posted by SamZED
Iirc Logan has a couple of crazy deduction feats.
Which i guess would be, distant third material.

SamZED
Originally posted by riv6672
Fair enough.

Which i guess would be, distant third material. Well off the top of my head I can think of two examples - one where he was able to figure out some guard's entire life history from his scent and use that info to talk the guard into committing suicide. That's pretty badass IMO. Then there's another one where he tracked down Mistique in several hours. And he didn't just sniff her out seeing how she left the country and disguised herself as a random nun in some God forsaken city.

thingy150
Logan is more of a hunter than a detective, too primal in his approach to compare him to batman(not saying he is not good or smart he is just not batmans level)

riv6672
@samZED
Pretty much what thingy150 said.

SamZED
I agree with both of you, Logan is more of a hunter-tracker kind of character but you gotta give credit when it's due, otherwise what is the criteria here? Does it have to be a character with great detective skills who uses tech/computers to solve crime? Because if so it brings us back to guys like Tony and Reed who can "deduct" anything by writing a quick computer program. I only mentioned Logan because he's one of the few Marvel character who actually demonstrated deductive reasoning and that's what counts IMO even though it doesn't exactly put him on Batman's level. Other than than that I don't think Batman has a Marvel counterpart detective style-wise.

riv6672
Not downing your choice.
And its not the tech aspect. Or hunting and tracking. I was thinking deductive skills. No one at Marvel really brings that to the table the way Batman does.
Its actually pretty rare for that to happen in comics.

basilisk
Black Panther
Detective Fantome
Sage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.