Darkseid vs H/P Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
No BFR.

Star428
Unless you're one of those who believes that Darskeid in H/P was an avatar and not DS himself we have already seen how this turned out haven't we?

Time Immemorial
Sorry old pal, meant to throw in PC DS.

deathslash
Originally posted by Star428
Unless you're one of those who believes that Darskeid in H/P was an avatar and not DS himself we have already seen how this turned out haven't we? we've seen darkseid getting jobbed out and losing to dd in a comic where the plot called for him to lose, but other than that, we haven't seen darkseid actually fight doomsday in a fair setting.

carver9
Current Darkseid wins.

deathslash
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Sorry old pal, meant to throw in PC DS. darkseid wrecks

Star428
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Sorry old pal, meant to throw in PC DS.

PC Darkseid stomps.

Originally posted by deathslash
we've seen darkseid getting jobbed out and losing to dd in a comic where the plot called for him to lose, but other than that, we haven't seen darkseid actually fight doomsday in a fair setting.

You can't use the old "he lost because the story called for it" everytime a character you like loses though. I like DS much more than I do DD but if that, in fact, was DS and not an avatar then H/P Doomsday is clearly above him. I'm not convinced that was the real DS though.

Stoic
I'm wondering something. Why are people saying that PC Darkseid wins this? I thought that the New Gods escaped the events of the COIE? If so, is there some difference between PC Darkseid, and Pre 52 Darkseid?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm wondering something. Why are people saying that PC Darkseid wins this? I thought that the New Gods escaped the events of the COIE? If so, is there some difference between PC Darkseid, and Pre 52 Darkseid?
Canonically, there shouldn't be any difference, but if you compare the showings of PC Darkseid and Darkseid post-crisis, it's quite clear that Darkseid was badly watered down.

Read the Great Darkness Saga. Darkseid in that series was mind-controlling an entire planet of Daxamites and sending them on a mission of destruction across the known universe (an insane feat not just in terms of TP but also of mental power, sending his mindslaves in millions of directions across vast distances), put a PC Daxamite in a coma with a single blast, and casually depowered enemies with a wave of his hand.

He defeated Mordru and then the Time-Trapper while "severely weakened." Both of them being arguably Skyfather level characters, that tells you the level PC Darkseid was at.

He would have crushed Doomsday--any version we've seen--with ease.

Oh yeah, and he turned a baby into Validus, a being with the strength of several PC Kryptonians.

Stoic
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Canonically, there shouldn't be any difference, but if you compare the showings of PC Darkseid and Darkseid post-crisis, it's quite clear that Darkseid was badly watered down.

Read the Great Darkness Saga. Darkseid in that series was mind-controlling an entire planet of Daxamites and sending them on a mission of destruction across the known universe (an insane feat not just in terms of TP but also of mental power, sending his mindslaves in millions of directions across vast distances), put a PC Daxamite in a coma with a single blast, and casually depowered enemies with a wave of his hand.

He defeated Mordru and then the Time-Trapper while "severely weakened." Both of them being arguably Skyfather level characters, that tells you the level PC Darkseid was at.

He would have crushed Doomsday--any version we've seen--with ease.

Oh yeah, and he turned a baby into Validus, a being with the strength of several PC Kryptonians.

Okay good answer. I had to ask, because everything that you said always confused the crap out of me. I mean they were either effected by the events of the COIE, or they weren't. Consider me not confused any longer. I'm wondering if they were all semi nerfed, or maybe it was only the most powerful of them LOL. DC and their continuity problems.

Star428
Also, PC Darkseid's Omega Effect (his most powerful weapon) never failed to work. If DS wanted to use it to erase someone then that being was gone regardless of who they were. Compare that to current DS's OE which is kind of a joke in comparison. I've lost count how many times it's failed to work.

Badabing
WBH punches into the DC universe and shoves DD up Darkseid's buttocks. Then WBH turns DS inside out and shoves him up Doomsday's buttocks.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
WBH punches into the DC universe and shove DD up Darkseid's buttocks. Then WBH turns DS inside out and shove shoves him up Doomsday's buttocks.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Badabing
WBH punches into the DC universe and shoves DD up Darkseid's buttocks. Then WBH turns DS inside out and shoves him up Doomsday's buttocks.

Damn thats ballz deep.

Reflassshh
we've seen darkseid getting jobbed out and losing to dd in a comic where the plot called for him to lose, but other than that, we haven't seen darkseid actually fight doomsday in a fair setting. Doomsday fought darkseid in Doomsday year one too. Darksi lost an army of his men and had to retreat after a brief fight. It was such a loss darksi didn't tell anyone about that fight because he was ashamed of having to run like a b*tch.

Star428
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about that. It took place in the distant past I believe when DD wasn't nearly as powerful as H/P version. Perhaps not even as powerful as DoS DD.

deathslash
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Doomsday fought darkseid in Doomsday year one too. Darksi lost an army of his men and had to retreat after a brief fight. It was such a loss darksi didn't tell anyone about that fight because he was ashamed of having to run like a b*tch. are you talking about that one panel tussle between them and when darkseid retreated because the planet was filling with radion (something that's toxic to new gods)? You consider darkseid retreating so that he won't die from a pointless struggle on a toxic planet to be darkseid losing a fight? Also, if word spread that something had opposed darkseid; it might make the hunger dogs and lowlies think that they could oppose darkseid openly and get away with it.

Reflassshh
^ You could be right tbh. I haven't read it in a while and some details are fuzzy, I'll look it up tomorrow if I got some time.

Star428
are you talking about that one panel tussle between them and when darkseid retreated because the planet was filling with radion (something that's toxic to new gods)? You consider darkseid retreating so that he won't die from a pointless struggle on a toxic planet to be darkseid losing a fight? Also, if word spread that something had opposed darkseid; it might make the hunger dogs and lowlies think that they could oppose darkseid openly and get away with it.

It's been a while since I read it but I'm pretty sure I remember that DS made one of his minions swear that they would never mention the encounter to anyone because he fled from DD and that minion said in his internal dialogue something like Darkseid being afraid. I have the comic too but I'll have to look for it and don't really feel like digging into my collection at this hour of the night. Maybe later on in the day after I get a good night's sleep I'll search for it.

abhilegend
Doomsday would wreck Darkseid as he already did.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday would wreck Darkseid as he already did.
PC Darkseid would create another Doomsday that's twice as strong to kill Doomsday. He wouldn't even have to dirty his own hands.

Star428
I'm pretty sure abhi was not referring to PC Darkseid.

abhilegend
PC Darkseid would create another Doomsday that's twice as strong to kill Doomsday. He wouldn't even have to dirty his own hands.
Eh, who cares about PC Darkseid?

80sBaby
They're the same Darkseid. Low showings don't mean he was a different version. Per canon, they are the same so all feats should be averaged.

Star428
LOL. There's no way they're one and the same. I don't think PC DS EVER lost. Not even once. Post crisis DS, OTOH, jobs to everybody and their mother and his once feared mighty Omega Effect has become a joke.

80sBaby
LOL. There's no way they're one and the same. I don't think PC DS EVER lost. Not even once. Post crisis DS, OTOH, jobs to everybody and their mother and his once feared mighty Omega Effect has become a joke.

That has no bearing on if they are/are not the same character. That's just different showings. But, canonically, they are the same. That's indisputable really.

quanchi112
PC Darkseid would create another Doomsday that's twice as strong to kill Doomsday. He wouldn't even have to dirty his own hands. Same character. Doomsday trashes him. Again.

Star428
LOL. Well, if quanny says they're one and the same then I guess that ends that discussion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
LOL. Well, if quanny says they're one and the same then I guess that ends that discussion. roll eyes (sarcastic) Crisis did not affect the new gods. Doomsday rapes.

thingy150
Originally posted by quanchi112
Crisis did not affect the new gods. Doomsday rapes.

"rapes" why is this even used in forum battles? So your answer is that he wins by sexually assaulting people.... thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by thingy150
"rapes" why is this even used in forum battles? So your answer is that he wins by sexually assaulting people.... thumb up Quit being sensitive.

Reflassshh
thumb up

thingy150
Quit being sensitive.

I was sexually assaulted, how is that sensitive?

quanchi112
I was sexually assaulted, how is that sensitive? Like I believe that for a second.

thingy150
Like I believe that for a second.

Lol not buying it, guilt trolls=the best trolls

quanchi112
Lol not buying it, guilt trolls=the best trolls Stick to the topic.

thingy150
Stick to the topic.

How does talking about one combatant raping the other stick to the topic, don't be a hypocrite.

quanchi112
How does talking about one combatant raping the other stick to the topic, don't be a hypocrite. Rape implies domination. Do I have to explain everything to you ?

thingy150
Rape implies domination. Do I have to explain everything to you ?

Lol, rape also implies someone shoving something into someone orifices without permission, what does that have to do with a fight, stay on topic.

quanchi112
Lol, rape also implies someone shoving something into someone orifices without permission, what does that have to do with a fight, stay on topic. It is used quite often and it isn't my fault the word rape frightens you. Man up. Doomsday rapes Darkseid just like in Hunter and Prey.

thingy150
It is used quite often and it isn't my fault the word rape frightens you. Man up. Doomsday rapes Darkseid just like in Hunter and Prey.

Wait so in a hunter prey relationship, the hunter sexually assaults the prey before it eats it?

Thank you for teaching me so much about life rolling on floor laughing

"man up" by saying fictional characters sexually assault each other....ok?

quanchi112
Wait so in a hunter prey relationship, the hunter sexually assaults the prey before it eats it?

Thank you for teaching me so much about life rolling on floor laughing

"man up" by saying fictional characters sexually assault each other....ok? It is domination which you seem to know all about.

laughing out loud

Doomsday rapes Seid.

thingy150
It is domination which you seem to know all about.

laughing out loud

Doomsday rapes Seid.

Ok so who wins the fight? I assume that darkseid will be pissed after the sexual assault, so he has extra motivation to win.

h1a8
Originally posted by 80sBaby
That has no bearing on if they are/are not the same character. That's just different showings. But, canonically, they are the same. That's indisputable really. even if that was true then current characters have far more weight than characters of the past, since we argue current characters. That means DS PC feats weigh very little to his current self.

IMO, I don't believe even canonically they are the same. The new Gods never knew of Superman and the JL before they met them after the events of COIE. Read the first issues where The new Gods are introduced to the JL.

80sBaby
Originally posted by h1a8
even if that was true then current characters have far more weight than characters of the past, since we argue current characters. That means DS PC feats weigh very little to his current self.

The term "current" is speaking of versions, not necessarily feats. If we're talking about versions that have been around for some time then their feats get averaged. We don't only use their most recent feats unless there's been an canon change which necessitates it.

Well, this is just one of the blips caused by the COIE. But it was stated that the New Gods weren't affected by the Crisis so...

quanchi112
Ok so who wins the fight? I assume that darkseid will be pissed after the sexual assault, so he has extra motivation to win. Darkseid is the ***** here and just takes it. Doomsday for the win.

Reflassshh
HP doomsday punches his face in.

h1a8
Originally posted by 80sBaby
The term "current" is speaking of versions, not necessarily feats. If we're talking about versions that have been around for some time then their feats get averaged. We don't only use their most recent feats unless there's been an canon change which necessitates it.

Well, this is just one of the blips caused by the COIE. But it was stated that the New Gods weren't affected by the Crisis so... you ignored what I said. I did not say that past feats don't count. I said they don't count as much as current feats do. So they affect the average very little. Characters go through many changes over the years and receive upgrades and downgrades for no given reason. And this isn't math, where we can literally average feats. Every member here averages according to their opinion. That means they place more weight on some feats than others. There is no exact scientific method.

Did some writers not know that the new God's were not affected by COIE? Cause some comics are confusing and misleading as hell if so

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday would wreck Darkseid as he already did. Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday would wreck Darkseid as he already did. i think doomsday will win here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.