Weakest era of Star wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In the SW mythos which epoch of time had the least notable force users, the poorest duelists, and produced the least amount of well known force users? While they may have had a few wars, and various struggles within them- why did you choose this era? How would this era stack up against other eras?

Emperordmb
Probably the Era of the Force Wars on Tython.

Force users' understanding of the force wasn't as advanced since it was basically the precursor to the formation of the Jedi order.

The Celestials/Rakatans were pretty much gone by that point and the Jedi/Sith hadn't been established yet.

Q99
The Legion of Lettow era is probably weaker than the force war era.

Arden Lyn was the second in command of the Legion, eventual leader, and was *maybe* council level by most era's standards. Fairly badass, but three Imperial Inquisitors beat her (she only killed one and wounded a second). It is possible the Jedi side was better- Awdrysta Pina seems to have taken out most of the Legion leadership personally- but the Legion, while having delved into dark side knowledge, had not yet brought it up to the heights to make it

The Force War, sure, may have been relatively undeveloped, but most of the force users were concentrated in the place that was strongest in the force, and the Rakatans trained their force hounds very hard. So I think they surpassed the Legion era at least. Ones like Xesh and some of the stronger Je'daii were at least as strong as Arden I figure, probably stronger.

Then, of course, is the end of the New Sith Wars period. When conflict had dragged knowledge of the force downward, and many of the strongest potentials really were never given a chance to develop themselves before being sent into, and falling in, battle. Good saber skill, but even those at the time recognized this was no height.

Shey Tapani
I wonder how watered down some parts of the new Sith Wars were with travel messed up between large chunks of the galaxy.

DarthAnt66
New Sith War was a very weak era.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by carthage
In the SW mythos which epoch of time had the least notable force users, the poorest duelists, and produced the least amount of well known force users? While they may have had a few wars, and various struggles within them- why did you choose this era? How would this era stack up against other eras?

It have also great duellists like Revan !!!

The weaket era of ZW?????? The empire just after the Jedi fall....

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Probably the Era of the Force Wars on Tython.

Force users' understanding of the force wasn't as advanced since it was basically the precursor to the formation of the Jedi order.

The Celestials/Rakatans were pretty much gone by that point and the Jedi/Sith hadn't been established yet.

"New Sith War was a very weak era."

Yhea **** the rule of one !!!

Don't forget to talk about Prince ken saga !!
Yhea I almost forget that !!!

Eeeeeerrr perharps they don't have the Jedi understanding but they have power, like siths... The Dark times force Jedis to use the force more directly......

If you compare to the previous Jedi order Before the mandalorian war...

This is just an other golden age like Yoda golden edge with great understanding of the force etc.....

WildBantha88
Force wars era has stand out characters like Xesh, Deagan Lol, and Lanoree Brock all of whom are pretty damn powerful.

IMO the thousand year darkness is probably the weakest

NewGuy01
Nah, Karness Muur has been kicking everyone's ass through the millennia, and he wasn't even he strongest.

Q99
You mean Hundred Year Darkness? I'd say they were frighteningly powerful. The big 5 of the Sith were all powerhouses, and the Jedi fought them for a full century.

Originally posted by Shey Tapani
I wonder how watered down some parts of the new Sith Wars were with travel messed up between large chunks of the galaxy.

Fairly low. A lot of sith lords ended up training pretty specialized adepts, or doing little more than putting a saber in hand, showing someone they can use the force, and letting them do the rest.

Some Sith kingdoms still had pretty good knowledge, plenty did not.

Heck, while Lord Kaan gets ragged on, his unifying the Sith and starting the Sith Academy *increased* the level of the time by bringing teachings together.

Originally posted by Revanchiste
"New Sith War was a very weak era."

Yhea **** the rule of one !!!

NSW didn't have the Rule of One, it had the 'Rule by the Strong.'

Which was basically a bunch dark siders patting each other on the back on how strong they all were and voting on their course of action.

Rule of One was Krayt's era, and was "I'm in charge. The ruler's will is absolute. Deal with it. You don't like it? Die."

While it was pretty few in force users, those around were some of the best. Vader, Sidious, Yoda, and Kenobi were all alive. Some of the dark side Inquisitors and other Jedi in hiding weren't weak either.

While a marked decrease in force power from the Clone Wars, as individuals it's still pretty impressive.

WildBantha88
Lost tribe of the Sith, wasn't really an era but it couldn't hold a candle to anything really

Nephthys
Dark Times era.

carthage
NSW era for sure as well as the couple hundred years afterwards where nothing seemed to happen.

Q99
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Lost tribe of the Sith, wasn't really an era but it couldn't hold a candle to anything really

I dunno, at their height I think they'd have a shot against the Legion of Lettow and perhaps even the NSW era, or at least give a good shot of it.

Lukes order beat them, but it wasn't *that* easy, and there were a number of pretty good duelists in them.

Originally posted by carthage
NSW era for sure as well as the couple hundred years afterwards where nothing seemed to happen.

While not much happened at the time, we know the Grand Master was Fae Coven, who was at least as TK-strong as Yoda, and pretty soon after Yoda came forward.

In the rebuilding phase, the Jedi recovered fairly well.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dark Times era.

I changed my mind. The weakest era would be that following the collapse of the Infinite Empire. Pretty sure there was no extensive force use or significant military presence at that point.

Marco1907
I changed my mind. The weakest era would be that following the collapse of the Infinite Empire. Pretty sure there was no extensive force use or significant military presence at that point.

Yeah probably just like you said.

1- Infinite
2- Dark Times

NewGuy01
@Q99 they were pretty alright in Fate of the Jedi, but they were awful in Spiral.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
@Q99 they were pretty alright in Fate of the Jedi, but they were awful in Spiral.

Yes, though they acknowledged that, that they had only just unified and needed time to build strength.

They had a long history and their own ups and downs.

ILS
Bane's era

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Bane's era

thumb up

Zenwolf
Whichever era was still using Slugthrowers and blaster tech hadn't been invented yet.

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Whichever era was still using Slugthrowers and blaster tech hadn't been invented yet.

It's really hard to tell, that goes back *super* far.

Also I think we're mainly talking the force users.

Revanchiste
XD O.K before the Rkattas XD !!!!

The begin of the understanding of the force, the light side of the force....

Q99
See, we don't actually *know* anything about that timeframe ^^ Even our knowledge of Tython is pretty much after they're a full order with some practical knowledge under their belts, and shortly before they meet the Rakatans.

Revanchiste

Q99
Some very loose knowledge, no specifics at all, or what any force users they might or might not have had were like.

Nephthys

Does that still count as "Star" Wars though?

Zenwolf
Does that still count as "Star" Wars though?

/Shrugs

But anyway, would be the weakest, cause the Jedi/Sith wouldn't even be around. :P Or at least, they would treat the Force as some kinda of evil worship and do witch hunts.

Revanchiste
Yhea it count !!!

Nonono, force waz already myztic !!! The firzt zide of the force wich haz been maztered iz the light zide of the force.
Not really "force uzer" but the uze of the force waz pozzible....

Q99
/Shrugs

But anyway, would be the weakest, cause the Jedi/Sith wouldn't even be around. :P Or at least, they would treat the Force as some kinda of evil worship and do witch hunts.

Though that might be when the Celestials were around.

Revanchiste
Rhe force was already master as an energy before the born of the first Jedi....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.