Assassins Creed: Syndicate (Fall 2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-victory-has-been-leaked

The idea of an AC set in the Victorian era is cool, but after Unity it's hard to get hyped.

Also, Victory? Jesus, thats a weak tag.

Kazenji
Wonder if everyone will be speaking French with this.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/next-assassins-creed-game-being-revealed-on-may-12?abthid=554ba36bea78f5ca28000023

We're gonna get the reveal on May 12th.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--dAHbL6AS--/uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Spawningpool
There are no brakes on the money try

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Spawningpool
There are no brakes on the money try Typically, I'd be agreed

In this case though, I'm too excited for the Victorian Age.

Quincy
The hype is not real and non-existent. Assassin's Creed should probably go away for awhile.

Tzeentch
I remember when Assassin's Creed 2 came out and it was the shit everyone was talking about- Ezio was That Nigga.

Pretty sure no one really gives a shit about this franchise nowadays. They need to do something cool and set it in a time-period like Feudal Japan.

Smasandian
Yep!!!!

And remove the free running and have it samurai style....that would be so awesome. Ok, a bit of free running.

Wouldn't it be grand to have full scale battles?

Zack Fair
Kind of sick of these games.

-Pr-
At least they're jumping ahead a little time wise... That's something I guess.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/new-details-leak-on-assassins-creed-syndicates-lead-characters

A brother-sister assassin duo infiltrating the seedy criminal underworld of Victorian London? That actually sounds awesome.

I'll give this game a chance. Black Flag was awesome, and is my favorite AC to date. Unity may have killed the franchise for a lot of people, but I managed to skip it all together so maybe this game can save the franchise.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/ml12eD.gif

One_Angry_Scot
So it's been named Assassins Creed: Syndicate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-assassins-creed-syndicate-revealed-live-at-5pm-uk

Arachnid1
D-QkPIRsjkw

JX4Xn5xRCPk&feature=iv&src_vid=D-QkPIRsjkw&annotation_id=annotation_2561587583

Jacob looks like the badass. He rocks the top hat and all black robes look well. I like the art style too. It looks dirty and dark. Hopefully the story doesn't disappoint. I love sad stories, which is why I loved Black Flags story so much. I also hope we can ride around the train and carriage Red Dead style (edit: trailer shows you can hijack carriages for transportation). This game needs some form of evolution with the times.

I'm gonna miss using swords too.

EDIT:
iDpYE9OHHvs

Trains also confirmed transportation.

Badabing
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-victory-has-been-leaked

The idea of an AC set in the Victorian era is cool, but after Unity it's hard to get hyped.

Also, Victory? Jesus, thats a weak tag. You can PM a global mod for a quicker edit. thumb up

Nemesis X
There's something about London this year that has a few games mentioned so far set in it. First The Order 1886, then Bloodborne (not really London but Yharnam's clearly inspired by it), and now the latest Assassin's installment. Curious.

-Pr-
Kind of bothers me that they spend more time and effort telling us about the different editions we can preorder rather than the game itself.

Hopefully the game is actually good, though. That or Victory has a lot of work to do to restore some of the faith that was utterly annihilated by Unity.

Demonic Phoenix
Pity Ubisoft did not promote AC:Rogue that well.

Also, is it just me, or did Ubisoft shoehorn in a playable female character this time as a response to the shitstorm that erupted during Unity's promotion?

Smasandian
I think Unity was a final nail in a long string of annoyances with the series.

While AC4 was a very good game, the series was slowly being drained of faith from Ubisoft way of doing business. As well, releasing two games in the series was also a contributing factor.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Pity Ubisoft did not promote AC:Rogue that well.

Also, is it just me, or did Ubisoft shoehorn in a playable female character this time as a response to the shitstorm that erupted during Unity's promotion?

Didn't help that the main character was a little offensive either.

It's possible, tbh.

Demonic Phoenix
2RMhO201MY4

iC2bDmD12aw

JmaThjprIiU

kyrEt8LTMko

Looks good, but so did Unity prior to its release, and it turned out to be a shitfest.

|King Joker|
I haven't played Unity, so why does everyone hate it?

Adam Grimes
From what I heard: mediocre storyline, repetitive, buggysoft at it's best etc.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by |King Joker|

i liked Unity...

the only thing i did not like were the game mechanics...

as for Syndicate, i will buy on the 23rd..

Arachnid1
Reviews are out. Apparently, Syndicate is as good if not better than Black Flag. Black Flag is my favorite in the series, so this is awesome news!

Demonic Phoenix
Syndicate is the Assassin's Creed II to Unity's Assassin's Creed 1.

Morridini
Originally posted by |King Joker|

I believe there was an overwhelming case of bugs at launch. I recently bought it and am playing it now, and have barely had one or two glitches here and there, but they are few and far between so it doesnt bother me too much. Other than that, I'm enjoying the story, and love the ambience of running around in Paris (unlike all the other AC games, this is a place I am familiar with, and can navigate around simply by listening to the conversations etc, without looking at the map).

Smasandian
Yeah, the reviews make it sound like its a good game.

But I watched The Point on Gamespot and when they were talking about it, it didn't sound very promising.....

I will probably pick it up later on when free time is available. Maybe sometime during Jan. I'm much more interested in Halo 5.

BruceSkywalker
been playing since I got it last Friday.. I like it a lot

Nemesis X
For someone like me who has played a lot of AC and starting to get a little tired of it, is Syndicate worth the buy?

BruceSkywalker
I think it is...

jinXed by JaNx
sorry but AC sucks anymore. Its, sadly become one of those titles that you can ensure, will blow. Dark Flag was the last breath of life into the series and even that was hard to swallow.

Morridini
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
sorry but AC sucks anymore. Its, sadly become one of those titles that you can ensure, will blow. Dark Flag was the last breath of life into the series and even that was hard to swallow.

Did you play the next game in the series after Black Flag, AC: Rogue? I found that to be one of the very best ones.

Jesus McBurger
We need an assasins creedd where it takes place in the 90s with druglords n shit. Basically gta assasins creed

KingD19
Well Industrial era London wasn't too long ago. And they already had Desmond running around in the modern world. The next few games will be much closer to current times. Wonder how much the mechanic is gonna need to change when things like guns become commonplace and really easy to use.

Smasandian
My computer died so I couldn't get Fallout 4 so I bought this game to take its place.

It's fun. The graphics and art design are extremely solid, especially the weather and environment. Running around during the night when it's misty from the rain does make a huge different on providing immersion. It does help that London is a fantastic city to use. They did a really good job and is probably the best location in an AC game since AC2.

As well, I like the idea of two characters and being able to switch between them. It added a much needed hook to the characters (even though Jacob does not nearly get as sweet as upgrades as Evie).

The story as well is OK. I'm only 50% done but it's taking awhile for it to get going. It's not horrible and the do limit the amount of tutorials you have to do. It's definitely not like AC3 which took about ten hours to actually get the story going.

Also, the side missions and collectibles are the right amount. Taking boroughs away from the templers is not something new but it does give a solid reason on why you are doing them and they are generally quite fun and most of them don't carry over to the main missions like Watch Dogs did. The actual collectibles are the same (chests and other stuff) but there isn't a huge amount of them and they generally give good reasons in doing so.

The main missions are good as well. The main assassination missions are fantastic and really change the mission structure up so it does't feel like the same thing over and over like previous games. The amount of tail missions are decreased significantly but instead of adding something new, they increased the amount of "chase and tackle" missions and they are even worst than tail missions. For some reason, they either fall into "run for about 5 minutes and eventually the AI will run into some part of the geometry" or "run for 5 minutes, have repeatable times to tackle bad guy because it ran into a piece of the map but it's a scripted event". It's kind of dumb.

But in the end, it's a pretty fun game. And it's nice that the game has a sneak button and made that type of gameplay much more prevalent because it's the best part of it.

-Pr-
Anyone that's played this and Unity, could you tell me, please, if Syndicate plays better?

I don't mean the story so much. Stuff like the parkour, the combat (which I felt in Unity was a step down from Black Flag), and the stealth.

On sequence 5 of Unity atm, and though it plays like your typical Ubisoft game, the story amuses some.

Smasandian
I only played Unity for a bout an hour so I can't really say anything.

I think parkour and combat are roughly the same as Unity. I assume the descent down is better. However, Syndicate has a grappling hook and it's ****ing awesome. I don't think I can play another Assassins Creed if it doesn't have a grappling hook. You can ascent buildings incredibly quickly and you can move between houses way more efficiently. Those dreaded times when you need to move across the street can easily be bypassed by the grappling hook.

I think combat is the same. But I did enjoy the game quite a bit. I'm pretty sure I came close 100% it.

-Pr-
Ah okay, thanks for the reply.

There's a Steam sale coming up, and I'm wondering if it's gonna be knocked down enough to justify it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Anyone that's played this and Unity, could you tell me, please, if Syndicate plays better?

I don't mean the story so much. Stuff like the parkour, the combat (which I felt in Unity was a step down from Black Flag), and the stealth.

On sequence 5 of Unity atm, and though it plays like your typical Ubisoft game, the story amuses some.

I've played both.. Syndicate is much better than Unity

-Pr-
Thanks. I have enjoyed Unity in parts, but like 3, it has so many issues that I'd hope were fixed going in to the next one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.