Iron Fist vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thingy150
1st off its Danny Rand

Both are fighting to kill

Takes place in the desert

WHO WINS!?!?!??!

Also anybody read the new iron fist series? I got the trade paperback of it and i am kind of digging it, the artwork is interesting and dark, the story is pretty good to, my boy danny was getting it in.

thingy150
Forgot to put in op, namor does not have his suit that keeps him hydrated.

zopzop
Namor.

thingy150
Reasons?

zopzop
Originally posted by thingy150
Reasons?
Namor is vastly more powerful.

thingy150
Iron Fist is no slouch himself and is faster than namor, he has knocked out hercules in one punch(herc was drunk but cmon, its herc) Taking out danny will be no easy task especially because of the environment they are in.

naurtoisbeast
Iron Fist is no slouch himself and is faster than namor, he has knocked out hercules in one punch(herc was drunk but cmon, its herc) Taking out danny will be no easy task especially because of the environment they are in. Originally posted by thingy150
Iron Fist is no slouch himself and is faster than namor, he has knocked out hercules in one punch(herc was drunk but cmon, its herc) Taking out danny will be no easy task especially because of the environment they are in. i think namor will win here

thingy150
Ok, but it will not be an easy win for namor..

deathslash
Danny steamrolls that atlantean failure

thingy150
How does he win? I think a way danny could potentially win is by using his superior speed to avoid namor until the desert heat dries him out a bit and then he finishes him off with a well place iron fist.

I am not saying he wins i am just saying how he could..

deathslash
How does he win? I think a way danny could potentially win is by using his superior speed to avoid namor until the desert heat dries him out a bit and then he finishes him off with a well place iron fist.

I am not saying he wins i am just saying how he could.. well, Danny has learned a technique from the book of the ironfist that lets him set his fists on fire (something that would also be effective against namor), the dessert heat will make namor weaker as the fight goes on, he has knocked out characters in or around namor's league before, he is leagues above namor in terms of h2h skill and his regular combat speed is also above namor's.

krisblaze
Danny already beat the living phuck out of Namor.

I doubt prince fishsticks wants another iron fisting from Lord Rand

thingy150
Originally posted by krisblaze

When did this happen, scans.....NOW

please dont be talking about avx

zopzop

When was this? I know you aren't talking about the fight in Namor's series from the 90s. That wasn't IF that was Super Skrull shapeshifted to look like IF and he was using his FF powers (notably IW's force fields) to fight Namor.

krisblaze
Originally posted by zopzop
When was this? I know you aren't talking about the fight in Namor's series from the 90s. That wasn't IF that was Super Skrull shapeshifted to look like IF and he was using his FF powers (notably IW's force fields) to fight Namor.

Is that the one I'm talkikg about maybe?

I only saw the fight in an Iron Fist respect thread, and I'm pretty sure that I remember him using his Iron Fist.

thingy150

I only saw the fight in an Iron Fist respect thread, and I'm pretty sure that I remember him using his Iron Fist.

Well iron fist only hit him one time, then namor kicked the sh*t out of the entire avengers, this was when namor was amped with the phoenix force....he did not beat the "phuck" out of anyone lol.

zopzop

This is the only time that I know of, aside from AvX, that "IF" fought Namor :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Namor_the_Sub-Mariner_Vol_1_16

And that's not IF, that's Super Skrull (which Namor went on to beat by the way).

krisblaze
ZopZop, that's probably it then.

Can't take anything at face value I suppose, even in a respect thread..
Well iron fist only hit him one time, then namor kicked the sh*t out of the entire avengers, this was when namor was amped with the phoenix force....he did not beat the "phuck" out of anyone lol.

Not talking about AvX you idiot, lmao.

thingy150
ZopZop, that's probably it then.

Can't take anything at face value I suppose, even in a respect thread..

Not talking about AvX you idiot, lmao.

Lol. im the idiot, 1st of all you never specified, 2nd you got iron fist mixed up with super skrull and said he beat the "phuck" out of namor, are you calling me and idiot because you are ashamed at how little you know about comics?

Dumbass

krisblaze
Lol. im the idiot, 1st of all you never specified, 2nd you got iron fist mixed up with super skrull and said he beat the "phuck" out of namor, are you calling me and idiot because you are ashamed at how little you know about comics?

Dumbass

That's just one more step closer to your inevitable ban, keep going laughing

thingy150
It would have been better if you were talking about avx because then it would have actually been the guy you are debating for, instead you debated by using super skrull, again you are a dumbass.

eaebiakuya
Namor wins. Iron Fist have some chance, but Namor is much stronger and Iron Fist durability is not that great.

A better fight would be Luke cage + Iron fist vs Namor imo.

krisblaze
Namor's already met Power Man.

He's just Luke now.

basilisk
Iron Fist knocks Namor out with a pressure point blow. Namor sleeps with the fishes.

Dream Stuff
When did Namor get slow? A quick search shows (admittedly old) scans of him dodging sound blasts and catching air-to-air missiles. He's much more durable and only really needs one hit or grab to win. He also has plenty of feats of resisting fire and other things which could dry him out for a while.

Assuming he was at full power prior to being deposited in the desert for this fight, Danny is going to have to dodge for a long time before a little desert heat softens Namor up.

thingy150
He is not slow its just that iron fist has more and better speed feats, he has raced bulets(literally gone so fast he races a bullet after it is fired and it does not even get out of the chamber yet) he was able to dodge the hulk easily and has a plethora of feats dodging bullets along with fighting wolverine and being faster than him.

HulkIsHulk
Namor stomps. He KOs Danny before the heat gets to him

HulkIsHulk
Namor stomps. He one-hit-KOs Danny before the heat gets to him

HulkIsHulk
Namor stomps. He one-hit-KOs Danny before the heat gets to him

juggernaut74
3rd time a charm?

deathslash
Originally posted by juggernaut74
3rd time a charm? he said it three times and for some odd reason I'm still not convinced.

zom1967
I`m sorry despite his mma skills Namor stomps,simple as that!

deathslash
Originally posted by zom1967
I`m sorry despite his mma skills Namor stomps,simple as that! It's not simply mma skills that gives danny the win though

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
It's not simply mma skills that gives danny the win though
In a PISless setting, Danny isn't winning. Period.

Nothing in his arsenal is matching a visor off, full power optic blast from Cyclops that hit Namor point blank. Namor wasn't even KOed or injured :
http://s21.postimg.org/tojzmvsqr/2022691_xmennamorannual1c_cyclops_namor.jpg

leonidas
danny's been given a hella push the last couple years. we've also seen logan do all right against namor. could danny win? yeah, but i'd give a heavy majority to namor. the desert is a tough place for namor though. at least 8/10 OUT of a desert. maybe 6-7/10 in the desert depending on how long IF can drag it out. and as for speed--not sure why everyone says IF is faster. namor is extremely fast. maybe not as fast in h2h speed, but everything else is probably in namor's favor. this is a case where a book fight would likely be very different from a forum fight.....

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
danny's been given a hella push the last couple years. we've also seen logan do all right against namor. could danny win? yeah, but i'd give a heavy majority to namor. the desert is a tough place for namor though. at least 8/10 OUT of a desert. maybe 6-7/10 in the desert depending on how long IF can drag it out. and as for speed--not sure why everyone says IF is faster. namor is extremely fast. maybe not as fast in h2h speed, but everything else is probably in namor's favor. this is a case where a book fight would likely be very different from a forum fight.....
But just being in the desert isn't enough IMHO.

Remember the East/West Coast Avengers fight against Mindless Hulk? Namor was out of the water for days and was fighting Mindless Hulk in the desert heat. He was doing AT LEAST as well as Simon or She-Hulk were doing. He did better than Iron Man that had his chest piece ripped apart. Wonder Man had a nervous break down.

So IF vs Namor even in a desert would end badly for Danny.

carver9

Remember the East/West Coast Avengers fight against Mindless Hulk? Namor was out of the water for days and was fighting Mindless Hulk in the desert heat. He was doing AT LEAST as well as Simon or She-Hulk were doing. He did better than Iron Man that had his chest piece ripped apart. Wonder Man had a nervous break down.

thumb up

leonidas

meh, it's possible. namor has had a bit of an inconsistent history regarding his ability to withstand or operate in heat. and, given some of danny's feats the last few years....if they went at it in a book, in the desert, you KNOW it would be a hella fight. in theory though, namor could simply grab a huge piece of land and smash it, probably killing him. but he wouldn't. i can def see why people think this could be a landslide, but, like i said, danny's been changed significantly and i think he could make this a fight. namor would still win a heavy majority though. a desert complicates things imo. how much will obviously be dependent on what each person thinks.

ps--you've been on quite the namor bandwagon lately. lol ftr, i love the character....

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, it's possible. namor has had a bit of an inconsistent history regarding his ability to withstand or operate in heat. and, given some of danny's feats the last few years....if they went at it in a book, in the desert, you KNOW it would be a hella fight. in theory though, namor could simply grab a huge piece of land and smash it, probably killing him. but he wouldn't. i can def see why people think this could be a landslide, but, like i said, danny's been changed significantly and i think he could make this a fight. namor would still win a heavy majority though. a desert complicates things imo. how much will obviously be dependent on what each person thinks.
True. I blame it on lazy writers though. You see the scan of Namor getting blasted by not one but THREE Human Torches? He got KOed but his skin wasn't even singed. If he withstood that, no amount of desert heat should faze him.

I underestimated him and AvX didn't help matters. Abhi and Namorsubby and Carver opened my eyes to the character. He's not an elite character by any measure but he's not total trash either.

namorsubby
Namor.

Mindset
Danny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.