Hunter/Prey Doomsday vs the Elders of the Universe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Hunter/Prey Doomsday takes on the Elders of the Universe in battles to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

HP Doomsady takes them on one at a time with no rest or recovery time inbetween rounds of combat...

How far does HP Doomsday get?

1) Gardener...
2) Champion...
3) Collector...
4) Runner...
5) Grandmaster...
6) Ego...

tkitna
Stops at 4

Board Walker
Clears

carver9
Stops at 3.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Clears

Time Immemorial
He is not clearing Runner. He actually will lose to him.

quanchi112
Stops at Runner.

TheLordofMurder
Dont forget to vote peeps! :-)

Sin I AM
Which version of champion

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Which version of champion

Champ minus Power Gem...

None of the Elders have Gems for that matter...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Dont forget to vote peeps! :-) I choose not to vote.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
I choose not to vote.

Thats your right, but why not?

Any particular reason?

TheLordofMurder
To those who say that HP Doomsday clears, how in the heck does he do that?

I really want to hear this...

zopzop
Originally posted by tkitna
Stops at 4

quanchi112
Thats your right, but why not?

Any particular reason? You're annoying.

abhilegend
Clears. Who has Runner beat to think he can beat Doomsday?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by abhilegend
Clears. Who has Runner beat to think he can beat Doomsday?

Didn't he trash Silver Surfer on his own board?

krisblaze
On his own board?

Where the phuck else do you trash the Silver Surfer? In his cosmic surfing-shack?

Time Immemorial
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/aarons24/Superman/The%20Runner/runnersurfer1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38359/1317626-1237340_runner_1_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38359/1317627-1237342_runner_2_super.jpg

krisblaze
I've read the fight, I just don't see why you felt the need to emphasize where Surfer was beat.

Time Immemorial
Thats just one of the few fights imo where someone else basically said "this is my board bro!"

abhilegend
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Didn't he trash Silver Surfer on his own board?
So? Doomsday would beat the shit out of Surfer and Runner together if they tried such tactics against him.

Time Immemorial
So? Doomsday would beat the shit out of Surfer and Runner together if they tried such tactics against him.

Yea your prolly right. After reading these old scans more I realize how foolish they both are. Runner was sitting there trolling him, and he just took it and had his board taken from him.

quanchi112
So? Doomsday would beat the shit out of Surfer and Runner together if they tried such tactics against him. No, he wouldn't.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
You're annoying.

Based on?

wink

h1a8
I don't see what Runner did to Surfer to justify him beating a being astronomically stronger than him, and has instant healing factor, cutting weapons, instant adaptive abilities, grade A speed, etc.

HP DD clears.
No one one this list can even harm him with any blasts, and not do much physically to him.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see what Runner did to Surfer to justify him beating a being astronomically stronger than him, and has instant healing factor, cutting weapons, instant adaptive abilities, grade A speed, etc.

HP DD clears.
No one one this list can even harm him with any blasts, and not do much physically to him.

But what about the Runner being astronomically faster than HP DD? I mean aren't you always arguing speed?

pym-ftw
Even if you choose to believe that DD>Runner how is DD beating Ego?

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Even if you choose to believe that DD>Runner how is DD beating Ego?

Good question.

TheLordofMurder
I see there are atleast 5 of you that think that HP Doomsday can beat Ego...

Can HP Doomsday really beat a being that can casually do this?

http://i.imgur.com/CxJc84Y.jpg

Raisen
Stops at fourI

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
But what about the Runner being astronomically faster than HP DD? I mean aren't you always arguing speed? But he's not. As far as traveling speed (not combat speed) runner is stated in bios to travel only a few times faster than light. In comics, he had no quantifiable speed feats without the gem. So we must assume light speed or slightly faster.

Anyway, that's not combat speed. DD can attack faster than Superman can respond to. He can cover a mile before DS can turn around and react.

h1a8

http://i.imgur.com/CxJc84Y.jpg Hp DD resisted the full power of the OE. At less than half power, the OE proved astronomically more powerful than Superman himself. So, blasts aren't doing anything to him.
DD would rip through ego like a hot knife through butter.

leonidas
bill has beaten ego. non-canon glads totally him up. thor's done very well against ego as well. dd was EASILY killing guardians and obliterated scores of GL's. grandmaster would be the biggest challenge i think. runner couldn't beat dd the same way he beat ss. had he gone on to actually beat thanos, that would have been a huge feather. he's got a lot of power, but i've personally always placed most of the elders on the same tier as the guardians. ego could be above but he is a little inconsistent. grandmaster is the smartest and has the best on panel displays of power. i think dd could kill him, but GM has some reality warping powers that would be interesting to see against dd. i could see him clearing this. not sure how many times out of 10 i could see it happening though but i'd say more than half. but i'm a known lover of dd some will say, so, take the opinion and do with it as you will. smile

TheLordofMurder
Ego has at times been a big time jobber; thank goodness that forum fights exclude PIS...

Unless of course if some of you actually want to argue that Ego is a sub High Herald; which is utterly ridiculous...

Ego is a High Powered Cosmic and has stood up to a non-weakened Galactus...

Yes, Bill has beaten Ego, but would absolutely fail to do so under forum conditions...

I firmly believe HP Doomsday would fail as well; unless of course someone wants to argue that HP Doomsday has the power to stand up to Galactus as Ego did...

TheLordofMurder
Grandmaster has major Time Manipulation powers; sans PIS, Grandmaster could use this power to defeat Doomsday a hundred different ways..

And I must remind everyone that in order to even get to Grandmaster, he'd have to defeat Gardener, Champion, Collector, and Runner with no rest or recovery time inbetween fights...as per the OP.

That stands for the Ego fight as well (so add Grandmaster to the list of those HP Doomsday whould have to beat with no rest or recovery time inbetween) which makes the prospect of HP beating him even more ridiculous...

leonidas
lol if you thought it such a mismatch why'd you put it in? and when ego took it to galactus, g was stupidly weak, so weak, what did he do? ran to thor for thor's help. smile and since then ego has been shown to be well below galactus's level. ego is firmly in trans, like dd is. and no, i wouldn't call the way bill beat him pis at all. he just fought smart. would i guarantee dd beats him? no, but i'd feel pretty confident and would be nowhere close to surprised if he did. as i ALREADY said, GM would be the biggest challenge, but i really have no idea how time powers or reality warping would affect dd so that is pretty impossible to attempt to resolve. i could see GM winning by bfr. without bfr it's a lot tougher to imagine how that match up would go. do i think GM would throttle darkseid? nope. but dd did. guardians, amped superman+waverider (who is the very definition of TIME powers....) darkseid--all stomped by dd. oh, and as regards the 'no rest' clause: that's irrelevant here as dd was continually adapting and getting STRONGER through all his battles. he doesn't get 'tired'.

anyway, you can downplay the resume all you like, but you can't do so while pretending to remain objective. putting in matches that you think are 'ridiculous' btw, is tantamount to baiting......

h1a8

http://i.imgur.com/CxJc84Y.jpg Hp DD resisted the full power of the OE. At less than half power, the OE proved astronomically more powerful than Superman himself. So, blasts aren't doing anything to him.

TheLordofMurder
@leonidas

Characters typically are intentionally unable to clear the gauntlets I create; its a feat of toughness to simply progress in them...let alone finish them.

So far, I've seen no reasonable argument to suggest (nor have I seen anything from HP Doomsday himself) he is capable of beating 4 Trans Tier characters one after another, an arguable Low Skyfather (Grandmaster), and then a character that is Skyfather or greater who is Ego...

Btw, you might want to recheck the tierings here at KMC; Ego is not a Street Leveler, Meta, Herald, or Trans Tier character (there is even a notation that specifically excludes Ego from the Trans Tier)...

He is a High Powered Cosmic; given what he is capable of, him losing to Bill is absolutely PIS...

And didnt Ego take on multiple Celestials once? I dont have time to locate the scan now, but I will do so tommorrow at some point...if my memory is correct, then your argument that Ego demostrated Galactus level power only once is false.

Anyway, this thread is not a bait thread at all; its a thread designed to see how far HP Doomsday gets against the Elders; him stopping at 4 seems very reasonable...him clearing (based on his history) seems absolutely ridiculous.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
Hp DD resisted the full power of the OE. At less than half power, the OE proved astronomically more powerful than Superman himself. So, blasts aren't doing anything to him.

Pre-Reboot, the OE was depicted as being less and less powerful over time...

Pre Crisis, it all almighty...

Post Crisis, it was gradually written down lower and lower...

So no, HP Doomsday withstanding the OE has no bearing on blasts from Ego who can casually one shot planets...

leonidas
@leonidas

Characters typically are intentionally unable to clear the gauntlets I create; its a feat of toughness to simply progress in them...let alone finish them.

So far, I've seen no reasonable argument to suggest (nor have I seen anything from HP Doomsday himself) he is capable of beating 4 Trans Tier characters one after another , an arguable Low Skyfather (Grandmaster), and then a character that is Skyfather or greater who is Ego...

Btw, you might want to recheck the tierings here at KMC; Ego is not a Street Leveler, Meta, Herald, or Trans Tier character (there is even a notion that specifically excludes Ego from the Trans Tier)...

He is a High Powered Cosmic; given what he is capable of, him losing to Bill is absolutely PIS...

And didnt Ego take on multiple Celestials once? I dont have time to locate the scan now, but I will do so tommorrow at some point...if my memory is correct, then your argument that Ego demostrated Galactus level power only once is false.

Anyway, this thread is not a bait thread at all; its a thread designed to see how far HP Doomsday gets against the Elders; him stopping at 4 seems very reasonable...him clearing (based on his history) seems absolutely ridiculous.

ego is most certainly NOT a skyfather. not sure where you would ever get that notion. there was an issue where he came in conflict with celestials at some point, but i don't recall the arc (maximum security maybe...) but it doesn't change the fact that galactus was enormously weak, and both thor and bill have handled him. he has some decent showings but he is in no way a skyfather level.

and i don't need a list to tell me where a character should be slotted.....

GM is certainly the most impressive of all the elders and the one who is the trickiest to deal with. not sure what else you would need to see--dd slaughtered SCORES of gls simultaneously, effortlessly killed guardians (who are certainly trans level) handled the OE and put darkseid down in a couple shots. waverider is enormously powerful on his own (high herald) and when teamed with an amped supes could literally do nothing at all against dd except pi$$ him off. i'd be eager to hear what feats the individual elders have (GM and ego aside) that would lead you to think they would have a chance of stopping him.

you say dd has no feats, but so far i'm the only one listing any feats at all. without the gems tell me what the elders have done that make you think they could stop him.

leonidas
hmm, now that i think about it, i think the arc was a thor arc. but i don't think it was ego vs celestials, i think it was super-ego, who was far more powerful and literally dwarfed ego...... i could be wrong but i think that is what you're talking about.

operator616
Originally posted by leonidas
ego is most certainly NOT a skyfather. not sure where you would ever get that notion. there was an issue where he came in conflict with celestials at some point, but i don't recall the arc (maximum security maybe...) but it doesn't change the fact that galactus was enormously weak, and both thor and bill have handled him. he has some decent showings but he is in no way a skyfather level.

and i don't need a list to tell me where a character should be slotted.....

GM is certainly the most impressive of all the elders and the one who is the trickiest to deal with. not sure what else you would need to see--dd slaughtered SCORES of gls simultaneously, effortlessly killed guardians (who are certainly trans level) handled the OE and put darkseid down in a couple shots. waverider is enormously powerful on his own (high herald) and when teamed with an amped supes could literally do nothing at all against dd except pi$$ him off. i'd be eager to hear what feats the individual elders have (GM and ego aside) that would lead you to think they would have a chance of stopping him.

you say dd has no feats, but so far i'm the only one listing any feats at all. without the gems tell me what the elders have done that make you think they could stop him.

In his first meeting with Ego, Galactus wasn't extremely weakened, in fact he fed on a planet, though he was still hungry for some reason. Still, in his second encounter later in some Thor #200+ issue, Ego definitely seemed superior to Galactus whom i don't recall being hungry which is weird but Galactus was not at his prime; he was considered Odin's equal at best at that time period - still massively powerful though and not far from the levels which we now know him to be, at least on average. I agree that on average Ego is now not on G's level though; but skyfather? I don't see why not.

Ego never fought the Celestials; you're either thinking of Super-ego (of which Ego is a mere aspect of) who battled the Celestials or the alternate Ego who fought 2 Celestials in an issue of Exiles.

leonidas
well, like lom you're certainly entitled to your opinion. you really said nothing that i didn't say myself though. i said his showings were inconsistent, he has some good, some bad. i told lom it was super ego, not ego who faced the celestials and while you think he may be skyfather, i'll still stick with firmly entrenched in trans. bill did handle him without pis, thor and herc and firelord were able to handle him and none or all would be a challenge to a true skyfather level being. hasn't nova also taken it to ego at least once? and ronan with his power (not sure if he had all of it) was powerful, but certainly wasn't a skyfather. 50 years ago he may well have been portrayed somewhat differently, but nothing i've seen of him lately would lead me to conclude ego is a skyfather. high trans? sure. but i'd still take thanos over him. but, as i said, you're as entitled to your opinion as lom is. and myself. thumb up

too me, dd could use super speed to pummel his way into ego's brain. once there, ego would be in huge trouble. his planetary defenses are pretty impressive but not enough to stop dd imo. if dd starts OFF his surface it's a lot tougher and the advantage would go to ego. which of course is why i said earlier there is no guarantee of a win for dd. much depends on where the battle begins. especially since dd can't fly.....

krisblaze
Operator, Galactus was still hungry because one planet is not NEARLY enough to keep him satiated.

One planet a month, or whatever his diet is, is enough to just barely keep him alive.

leonidas
i tend to agree with the above.

as for the match--again, i think it's important to state where things are happening. obviously if dd is on some indestructible planet and ego is approaching him from a distance, it's pretty well impossible to see a way dd could win. if, as would be fair, dd started ON ego, that would be something different altogether. ego couldn't even overwhelm sif and nobilus on his surface.....

there's also the fact that nick fury and his gun KILLED a living planet. we know ego is not unique. lots of things that lead me to believe dd would certainly have a chance (a good one imo) to take ego out.

operator616
^ For the point being made above ......what are you talking about? Are you saying that an entire planet is basically an insignificant meal to Galactus? That's certainly not the case.

One example, during SS #51 where a hungry Galactus consumes a single planet and it made him "whole" again:

http://i.imgur.com/NqiSBv6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OQ2fP8v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vz3jVTy.jpg

Galactus even implied earlier in the issue that it would amp him to full power. I outright remember another instance where Galactus consumes a single planet and says he's back at "full strength" or something akin to it, but i can't remember the exact issue number. There are more examples.

well, like lom you're certainly entitled to your opinion. you really said nothing that i didn't say myself though. i said his showings were inconsistent, he has some good, some bad. i told lom it was super ego, not ego who faced the celestials and while you think he may be skyfather, i'll still stick with firmly entrenched in trans. bill did handle him without pis, thor and herc and firelord were able to handle him and none or all would be a challenge to a true skyfather level being. hasn't nova also taken it to ego at least once? and ronan with his power (not sure if he had all of it) was powerful, but certainly wasn't a skyfather. 50 years ago he may well have been portrayed somewhat differently, but nothing i've seen of him lately would lead me to conclude ego is a skyfather. high trans? sure. but i'd still take thanos over him. but, as i said, you're as entitled to your opinion as lom is. and myself. thumb up

too me, dd could use super speed to pummel his way into ego's brain. once there, ego would be in huge trouble. his planetary defenses are pretty impressive but not enough to stop dd imo. if dd starts OFF his surface it's a lot tougher and the advantage would go to ego. which of course is why i said earlier there is no guarantee of a win for dd. much depends on where the battle begins. especially since dd can't fly.....

I did remind you of the fact that Ego had 2 encounters with G and in the second, Ego was depicted superior.

Thor, Herc and FL didn't engage Ego in direct combat they just fought his antibodies or something; it was Galactus who faced him in that issue, and that's the same issue that i referenced where Ego was shown to be, at least partially, superior to Galactus.

Even nowadays Ego is considered skyfather-level. A recent Thanos comic had him on the same levels as Odin and Galactus, and reminded us of his battles with Galactus:

http://i.imgur.com/NshhIB1.jpg

Im not saying H/P DD doesn't have a chance. He does, especially considering that Ego has a history losing to weaker characters than H/P DD, like BRB or Nova Prime, but that doesn't mean we've also have to ignore his higher showings, especially when he's generally considered at least in the skyfather tier. I just think you're downplaying Ego by considering him in the trans tier.

leonidas
meh, it's ok by me that you think i'm downplaying him, but just know i have very logical reasons for believing such. i think a skyfather level character losing to characters like nova and bill is kinda silly if he really is supposed to be a skyfather level entity. and the way they beat him made sense and could easily be replicated by galactus which may indicate to some a little pis regarding the galactus fights. at the least, it would seem to indicate his battle against g was the outlier. he couldn't even remove the rocket machinery attached to his surface in that early conflict....and you're right about the antibodies. but those are his on-surface defenses. which is why i think dd could kill him and why i DON'T think he's a skyfather. he couldn't even forcibly take out sif and the others in a later confrontation.

regardless of this difference of opinion, we seem to agree on the overall premise regarding dd in this battle. that's good enough for me. thumb up

krisblaze
Originally posted by operator616
^ For the point being made above ......what are you talking about? Are you saying that an entire planet is basically an insignificant meal to Galactus? That's certainly not the case.

One example, during SS #51 where a hungry Galactus consumes a single planet and it made him "whole" again:

That's not the case anymore.

Consider it a retcon if you will, but one planet is no longer enough to fully power up Galactus.

operator616
Originally posted by krisblaze
That's not the case anymore.

Consider it a retcon if you will, but one planet is no longer enough to fully power up Galactus.

It hasn't changed, i can give you more recent examples (a bit later, now i can't); and im not even saying that every single time Galactus consumes a planet he gets fully-powered - just that some writers have it that way. But it's generally accepted that a single planet is enough to take away Galactus' hunger for a while.

.....But even if what you're saying is true and it has been changed (even though im certain it hasn't), you realize that i was talking about a Galactus 50 years ago? Which by your own standards would make it "pre-hunger-retcon Galactus" and thus making that claims of yours above irrelevant.

quanchi112
Originally posted by operator616

http://i.imgur.com/vz3jVTy.jpg

Galactus even implied earlier in the issue that it would amp him to full power. I outright remember another instance where Galactus consumes a single planet and says he's back at "full strength" or something akin to it, but i can't remember the exact issue number. There are more examples.

I did remind you of the fact that Ego had 2 encounters with G and in the second, Ego was depicted superior.

Thor, Herc and FL didn't engage Ego in direct combat they just fought his antibodies or something; it was Galactus who faced him in that issue, and that's the same issue that i referenced where Ego was shown to be, at least partially, superior to Galactus.

Even nowadays Ego is considered skyfather-level. A recent Thanos comic had him on the same levels as Odin and Galactus, and reminded us of his battles with Galactus:

http://i.imgur.com/NshhIB1.jpg

Im not saying H/P DD doesn't have a chance. He does, especially considering that Ego has a history losing to weaker characters than H/P DD, like BRB or Nova Prime, but that doesn't mean we've also have to ignore his higher showings, especially when he's generally considered at least in the skyfather tier. I just think you're downplaying Ego by considering him in the trans tier. You are wasting your time with leo. He ignores evidence all the time. Good job supporting your points with evidence though.

leonidas
^ laughing out loud you are literally the only troll in the forum who makes me regret my decision to NOT become a mod. i'd have loved banning your silly little trolling a$$. and while i appreciate your obsession with me, do me a favor and go hump someone else's leg girly. forum's so much better when you're no where near it. smile

quanchi112
^ laughing out loud you are literally the only troll in the forum who makes me regret my decision to NOT become a mod. i'd have loved banning your silly little trolling a$$. and while i appreciate your obsession with me, do me a favor and go hump someone else's leg girly. forum's so much better when you're no where near it. smile Oh get over yourself man wh never used as caps button in his life. You live with much regret in life I bet.

laughing out loud

He posted evidence to shoot down your erroneous claims and yet you still won't change your mind, teenage mutant ninja turtle.

leonidas
keep barking little doggie. woof-woof. laughing

thingy150
keep barking little doggie. woof-woof. laughing

Calling people "doggie" is an insult now.......ok

http://media.tumblr.com/66c72bbdd73ab25c71ba45dfe9edc647/tumblr_inline_mq30jkKcdt1qz4rgp.gif

quanchi112
keep barking little doggie. woof-woof. laughing Evidence>>>>your baseless claims.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.