Adam Warlock(SG) vs Kyle Rayner(White Lantern)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evolve
Adam has soul gem, Kyle is white lantern. neutral cosmic area

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/12/127117/4106179-gl_annual_3.jpg

vs

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/63935/1614089-adam_warlock.jpg

leonidas
kyle is far more powerful than adam but not sure if his shields would block the gem's effects. i'm leaning toward yes, but not sure what support there is for that stance. if not, adam wins. if so, kyle wins. pretty simple thread though it may be impossible to resolve.

pym-ftw
Has Lantern shield blocked a soul attack?

Kyle probably wins a standard fight, even though Warlock has been written up recently.

thingy150
My boy Kyle Rayner(my favorite character)

leonidas
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Kyle probably wins a standard fight, even though Warlock has been written up recently.

i can't even recall preboot lantern shielding this type of attack. it's not really magic though (gl's history vs magic isn't all that great....) so i'm not sure how he would handle the gem's attack tbh. kyle is surely the more powerful of the 2--or he was. not sure how revelations has changed him, but knowing starlin it's (a) not for the best, and (b) he'll be more powerful....

Golgo13
Kyle.

operator616
Originally posted by pym-ftw

There was a pre-Crisis instance (which is still canon to pre-FP and current GL continuity) where Hal was easily put down with a soul attack - and that was at a time period when Hal received a more powerful ring than the one he'd been previously wearing (Abin Sur's ring). Has been ever since mid 70s. So i think it would be effective against GL-Kyle. WL-Kyle though? (who also happens to possess the life equation) Not a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.