Revan's Major Abilities in Yavin IV Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I just reached the final Revan boss. Revan's power of:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4255510-revan+tk+insane.gif

is a currently existing power called Force Destruction:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Destruction

The description of the ability in The Old Republic is simple: "Destroying all..."
People such as Darth Bane and Galen Marek have done this before with weaker effects.
------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Secondly, I would like to brief over Satele Shan's Battle Meditation.

The effects of the Battle Mediation on the attackers are described as followed:
"Combat effectiveness is greatly increased."
------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Thirdly, below are the major attacks Darth Revan commonly displays in the fight:
Force Lightning Storm, Force Affliction, Force Choke, Force Heal, Force Speed, and Lightsaber Throw.

ILS
Yeah Revan is crazy powerful.

DarthAnt66
Oh and, the description of Force Destruction is as follows:
"Slowly being destroyed by Revan." Pretty insane, indeed.

S_W_LeGenD
Such an incredible display of dominance and rag-dolling. I have never seen a Jedi dominating powerful adversaries in this manner before.

BioWare have really shaken-up traditional rankings of the Force-users in the lore with this update.

---

Anyways, I have some questions for those who have played this expansion:

Q: What exactly is this place?
Q: Satele Shan and Darth Marr accompany any playable character?
Q: Which playable character performed best?
Q: What are the accolades of the Emperor and what he does after his return?

Nephthys
A: A massassi temple on Yavin IV. They're known as focal points of energy.
A: Yes.
A: Any Republic ones.
A: Revan claim's neither he nor any other can beat him or some such. All he does after his return is gloat and run away.

DarthAnt66
The Forgotten Terrace of Yavin 4. Most of the Masassi Temples were destroyed in bombing runs, including the major ones that harness mass amounts of Force energy.

Darth Marr, Lana Beniko, Theron Shan, Satele Shan, Shae Vizla and Jakarro aid you in only Revan's battle.

It is generally accepted the Emperor's Wrath canonically fought Revan, given he has additional dialogue from both Revan and Vitiate during it.

When the Emperor returns, he unleashes a flash of light that seemingly throws everyone off of their feat. The feat was really badass, and made even Revan shit his pants.
Vitiate is stated to be far more powerful then anyone in the galaxy, including Revan. He is also "the Darkside incarnate" and the Dread Master's "combined power was insignificant compared to the Emperor."

DarthAnt66
Revan additionally performs a variation of Force Drain labeled Force Growth during the final moments of the fight.
The description of the ability is where "life and force power are being drained" for Revan to harness and grow in power.

Zenwolf
I feel like when I finally get around to playing this expansion which should be on the 9th, that I'm gonna really end up not liking it.

In the sense of, blind fanboyism to Revan/Vitiate concerning what they showed.

To make this more clear, I don't mind that they showed it. But I feel as if some are going to seriously overrate the characters even moreso than when they already were before.

Again...not the actual fans, but the ones who think the two can do whatever they want.

I'm sure i'll actually enjoy the content when I get around to playing it come the 9th.

DarthAnt66
You really don't expect BioWare to over-hype Revan (the guy who made their company famous) and Vitiate (the antagonist on the entire game)?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You really don't expect BioWare to over-hype Revan (the guy who made their company famous) and Vitiate (the antagonist on the entire game)?

No that's fine, again I don't have any problems with them hyping up Revan/Vitiate. It's the blind fans of the 2 that I can't stand.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

It is generally accepted the Emperor's Wrath canonically fought Revan, given he has additional dialogue from both Revan and Vitiate during it.

*Empire's Wrath

NTJack0
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I feel like when I finally get around to playing this expansion which should be on the 9th, that I'm gonna really end up not liking it.

In the sense of, blind fanboyism to Revan/Vitiate concerning what they showed.

To make this more clear, I don't mind that they showed it. But I feel as if some are going to seriously overrate the characters even moreso than when they already were before.It's not that bad, I could've went without the Vitiate stuff at the end though, he seems like a poor mans Sauron or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.