Should Stormtroopers be an elite unit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
In the new continuity?

The_Tempest
That's always how they were marketed in the old EU, but they were treated as more or less standard infantry.

Shey Tapani
You mean the only Imperial infantry

The_Tempest
True dat.

Revanchiste
Elite= impreial propaganda !!!!

Trocity
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Elite= impreial propaganda !!!!

thumb up

Zenwolf
I hope so that they are, in just about every single source, they are noted as the Elite shock troops of the Empire and as SF and they were. With Imperial Army Troopers being the main planet fighting force.

I hope they keep it as such, because it's what made the GE unique. They didn't have just a single thing, they had regular troopers(which honestly, they are underrated, the Army Troopers are awesome even if they don't appear very often) and then elite troopers as Stormtroopers.

Then you had specialized variants of the Stormtroopers and then finally you had Special Forces both Army and Stormtroopers and then you had the elite within the elite....the Imperial Royal Guardsmen.

The GE had all their bases covered and were extremely versatile, along with having loads of manpower and highly trained troops.

It was pretty much like so...

Army Troopers < SF Army Troopers < Stormtroopers < Variant Stormtroopers < Special Forces Stormtroopers < Imperial Guardsmen(and there variants).

The Imperial Navy isn't anything to scoff at either.

The GE military is terribly underrated and overshadowed by the GAR, when they are just as awesome and capable.

Angelalex242
Stormtroopers always miss wide and to the right.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImperialStormtrooperMarksmanshipAcademy

This trope exists for a reason.

chilled monkey
Stormtroopers should be incompetent and bungling just like in the OT. They're like the ninjas in the "American Ninja" movies. People claim they're these deadly warriors but they're actually completely useless.

That's what makes it so much fun.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Angelalex242

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImperialStormtrooperMarksmanshipAcademy

It exists because people can't seem to actually watch a movie and actually see the details and context behind certain scenes, even when it's spelled out right infront of them.

Really it's all a lie.

See? My point proven, the Stormtroopers in the OT weren't incompetent. This just has stuck, because people didn't actually watch what was going on.

The Merchant
What Zenwolf is saying.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
What Zenwolf is saying.

It really just annoys the hell out of me....I'm probably one of the few, who actually know what Stormtroopers can do, in fact the entirety of what the GE can do, I'm pretty wired into it.

And...the comments about Stormtroopers just...drive me up the wall. It's worse than anything else, because...you don't even need to go into the EU...whatsoever to find out that Stormtroopers were competent and showed some nice accurate shots in the movies.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Angelalex242

The reason being Lucas having no idea what stormies supposed to be.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
The reason being Lucas having no idea what stormies supposed to be.

No he knew, the people watching however did not and didn't actually see what was going on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.