Jack Hawksmoor Vs DCnu Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
In Asgard.

No prep. No BFR.

Evolve
Hawksmoor wears Asgard and beats Superman with his magically-based city armor.

I give Jack the slight majority.

pym-ftw
Yeah spite

leonidas
has jack ever absorbed magic....? if so, cool. if not, i'd certainly not assume he could simply 'armorize' asgard. and even if he could, can we assume he could simply then control all the magic weapons that asgard possesses? again, i wouldn't think so. if he just gets the city itself, jack couldn't even HIT supes, let alone do enough damage to ko someone like superman. i think this is pretty tricksy. digi, what say you?

riv6672
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Yeah spite
So, are we back to "put Superman in a possible losing scenario its spite" mide from a few months ago?
I refer you to Leonidas' post. Just looking for a debate here.

DarkSaint85
Why is Digi asked mad

I'm assuming DCnU Hawksmoor, who communicates with cities by asking them nicely then weaponising them - he has to sweet talk them first.

For the purposes of this fight, I'd assume Asgard gives her consent to be used in such a manner, and will help out. Otherwise, DCnU Supes wins.

riv6672
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Yeah spite
So, are we back to "put Superman in a possible losing scenario its spite" mode from a few months ago?
I refer you to Leonidas' post. Just looking for a debate here.

Evolve
Jack has used alien cities in the past, its not a stretch of the imagination to think he can do the same to asgard (heck, even asgard was in broxton, ok).

Jack wouldn't need to be infused with the Odins force or all the mystical items in Asgard etc; he would have access to the magic flowing through the city. What he could do with it is unclear, but he's shown that he can access that kind of power. And speaking of things that belong to Odin, Jack would have access to any weapons in the armory, uru metal armor etc (similar to what Tony did, but on a bigger scale)

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why is Digi asked mad

hey now, he only knows a couple of characters well, so when i get the chance i like to make him feel good, ya know....? heh

leonidas
Originally posted by Evolve
Jack has used alien cities in the past, its not a stretch of the imagination to think he can do the same to asgard (heck, even asgard was in broxton, ok).

Jack wouldn't need to be infused with the Odins force or all the mystical items in Asgard etc; he would have access to the magic flowing through the city. What he could do with it is unclear, but he's shown that he can access that kind of power. And speaking of things that belong to Odin, Jack would have access to any weapons in the armory, uru metal armor etc (similar to what Tony did, but on a bigger scale)

this is some of what i wasn't sure of. you think he'd be able to use the magic flowing through the city? i'm not so sure of that--especially a place like asgard that has a leader whose power flows through it already. i'm also less sure he would gain access to all the hidden weaponry in asgard. not saying you're wrong for sure, just looking for some on panel corroboration. it's an interesting question just asking if jack could even take control of asgard, let alone his being assured of being able to make use of it as a weapon.

and i'm thinking it was classic jack that was intended as dcnu supes was specified but not current jack. but that assumption could be wrong and my knowledge of dcnu jack is much less than my knowledge of preboot jack.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
has jack ever absorbed magic....? if so, cool. if not, i'd certainly not assume he could simply 'armorize' asgard. and even if he could, can we assume he could simply then control all the magic weapons that asgard possesses? again, i wouldn't think so. if he just gets the city itself, jack couldn't even HIT supes, let alone do enough damage to ko someone like superman. i think this is pretty tricksy. digi, what say you?

Pffft, as if you know I'm reading this thread. Oh wait...

Insofar as Jack "talks" to cities, he actually forms relationships with them, per se. They feed him information, emotions, reactions, etc. It's not beyond possibility for him to link with Asgard and, for lack of a better term, get in its good graces to allow full access to some of the magical goodness. I'd tend to believe he could do it, unless there's some special permissions required for a particular item (i.e. Mjolnir, or similar things)

But if you're asking for a concrete feat of him absorbing or manipulating some magical aspect of a city, I'm afraid there's nothing. Magic was treated much differently in WS, and certainly wasn't as ubiquitous, so there wasn't even much in the way of artifacts and spells that would qualify like there are in the mainstream universes.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why is Digi asked mad

I'm assuming DCnU Hawksmoor, who communicates with cities by asking them nicely then weaponising them - he has to sweet talk them first.

For the purposes of this fight, I'd assume Asgard gives her consent to be used in such a manner, and will help out. Otherwise, DCnU Supes wins.

laughing out loud stick out tongue

But yeah, you said pretty much what I did.

leonidas
fair enough. but i'm not sure it would be up to the city to say, for example--go ahead and use the casket of ancient winters, or the gem of infinite suns, or the norn stones, or, whatever. i'm also not sure what magic is 'inherent' in the city itself. its power is derived from odin himself, so i'm wondering if jack would literally need odin's ok to use whatever magic there IS running through the city. as i said, a wee bit tricksy this one....

krisblaze
I'm not sure if his link would work with Asgard, but for the purpose of this thread we should probably just assume it does. Otherwise what's the point? stick out tongue

With the silver-age techno/magic asgard he should stomperino.

With the modern day "old-school viking-esque" asgard I'm not so sure. There's a lot of magic there but we haven't really seen any impressive stuff yet...

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
fair enough. but i'm not sure it would be up to the city to say, for example--go ahead and use the casket of ancient winters, or the gem of infinite suns, or the norn stones, or, whatever. i'm also not sure what magic is 'inherent' in the city itself. its power is derived from odin himself, so i'm wondering if jack would literally need odin's ok to use whatever magic there IS running through the city. as i said, a wee bit tricksy this one....

Are there blocks on those items, though, in the same way there is for Mjolnir? The city could certainly inform him of their location, I'd think. Then Jack could just phase over to them and use them normally, not necessarily needing to use the city as a conduit.

I agree though, it's an odd nut to crack, with no definite answer.

srug

krisblaze
^Right.

This is an unfair matchup for Superman then stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by krisblaze
I'm not sure if his link would work with Asgard, but for the purpose of this thread we should probably just assume it does. Otherwise what's the point? stick out tongue

With the silver-age techno/magic asgard he should stomperino.

With the modern day "old-school viking-esque" asgard I'm not so sure. There's a lot of magic there but we haven't really seen any impressive stuff yet...

oh, i agree with that. i was sort of playing devil's advocate because to assume the other side seems like asking the same question... shrug

riv6672
Thanks for the great opinions, guys...thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.