Superman VS Thor: STRENGTH RANKING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman is a tier stronger than Thor.

This applies to DCNU and Preboot Superman.

Correct?

Incorrect?

What say you?

DarkSaint85
I say your pathetic attempts at dividing the forum will fail, we all love each other as our fellow man/woman (hey Sin!) and won't fall for your tricksy ways!!!

Samdayg
Probably around the same

riv6672
They are of course, peers. The only time they havent been peers was pre Crisis.

In terms no one will give a damn about, if the two were measured in human terms, they would both be even on squats and dead lifts, but Superman would have Thor by 100lbs on the bench, 25lbs on the military press.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
They are of course, peers. The only time they havent been peers was pre Crisis.

In terms no one will give a damn about, if the two were measured in human terms, they would both be even on squats and dead lifts, but Superman would have Thor by 100lbs on the bench, 25lbs on the military press.

You really think Thor could replicate the feat that preceded this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wNv9pLdnANc/UIgvsM8rLmI/AAAAAAAAFRQ/gkH4ILIsPUQ/s1600/sweat0001.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals.

Superman has defeated the Hulk, and Thor in every cross over they have been pitted against him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Board Walker
Superman has defeated the Hulk, and Thor in every cross over they have been pitted against him.

Yes, but they were portrayed as equals in strength and the fight could have gone both ways, except PC Superman against Hulk. But PC Superman's strength is beyond anthing sans Validus and PC Darkseid.

thingy150

How did you come to this conclusion? What does superman having light years better feats have to do with them maybe being equal in your "crossover". Your logic is utter stupid and the only reason you came to it is because you want to vote for thor.

Basically this is what you said "Ya i cant really prove thor is stronger but im going to say some really dumb sh*t so i can vote for him anyway"

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by thingy150
How did you come to this conclusion? What does superman having light years better feats have to do with them maybe being equal in your "crossover". Your logic is utter stupid and the only reason you came to it is because you want to vote for thor.

Basically this is what you said "Ya i cant really prove thor is stronger but im going to say some really dumb sh*t so i can vote for him anyway"

Relax, just because someone doesn't shares your point of view and has a differen't opinion, there is no need to be upset.

thingy150
Relax, just because someone doesn't shares your point of view and has a differen't opinion, there is no need to be upset.

No, it is not that you don't share the same view, it is because your logic is ridiculous and you cannot prove thor is stronger.

You gave some weird hypothetical as your answer...

You basically just looked for an excuse to pick the character you like better.

riv6672
We arent talking about a fight, which involves skill, durability, different powers...

We're talking about strength. If you cant differentiate between strength and a fight, you shouldnt be posting in this particular thread.

-shrug-

LordofBrooklyn
We arent talking about a fight, which involves skill, durability, different powers...

We're talking about strength. If you cant differentiate between strength and a fight, you shouldnt be posting in this particular thread.

-shrug-

Which brings us to this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wNv9pLdnANc/UIgvsM8rLmI/AAAAAAAAFRQ/gkH4ILIsPUQ/s1600/sweat0001.jpg

Do you think Thor could benchpress the Earth the way Superman did?

Prof. T.C McAbe
No, it is not that you don't share the same view, it is because your logic is ridiculous and you cannot prove thor is stronger.

You gave some weird hypothetical as your answer...

You basically just looked for an excuse to pick the character you like better.

Just because you can't understand my logic doesn't mean that i am not allowed to have a differen't opinion. I can base it on anything i want and you will have to accept it as my opinion. I hope that clears any misunderstandings.

riv6672
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Which brings us to this.
go to pic to prove Superman is THe AweSOme
Do you think Thor could benchpress the Earth the way Superman did?

You know, my knee jerk reaction is to say...no, BUT, not having read the story myself, and with all the hyperbole i've read on the site regarding the feat, i'll have to say...probably.

LordofBrooklyn
You know, my knee jerk reaction is to say...no, BUT, not having read the story myself, and with all the hyperbole i've read on the site regarding the feat, i'll have to say...probably.

"Probably"

DAMN LIES!!!

mad

thingy150
Just because you can't understand my logic doesn't mean that i am not allowed to have a differen't opinion. I can base it on anything i want and you will have to accept it as my opinion. I hope that clears any misunderstandings.

You are making a claim, you have provided no evidence to back up that claim.

You literally stated the dumbest reason ever for them being equals:

"They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals."

You admit superman has better feats but you vote for thor because "in a crossover they would be all equals." that is the dumbest and most flawed logic i have ever seen.

You have no proof of thor being on that level, so you gave a stupid hypothetical.

When making a claim you need evidence to support that said claim, you did not do this.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You are making a claim, you have provided no evidence to back up that claim.

You literally stated the dumbest reason ever for them being equals:

"They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals."

You admit superman has better feats but you vote for thor because "in a crossover they would be all equals." that is the dumbest and most flawed logic i have ever seen.

You have no proof of thor being on that level, so you gave a stupid hypothetical.

When making a claim you need evidence to support that said claim, you did not do this.

See and this is where you fail. In the crossover they were portrayed as equals, they even did armwrestling iirc. Anyway, the second thing is you can't grasp, it doesn't matter what you think, what feats who have, a writer can do whatever he wants and you got to live with it. So there is no truth in comics, no science, just opinions of fans like you and me that don't matter to anyone.

riv6672
"Probably"

DAMN Opionions!!!

smile
Fixed.

pym-ftw
Which brings us to this.

Do you think Thor could benchpress the Earth the way Superman did? ... Superman didn't benchpress the earth, he bench pressed a bar with equivocal weight.

And why not, Thor has the better canon feats.

Silent Master

Bringing up the crossovers kind of proves Prof. T.C McAbe's point, because the fights were close...thus peers. Just look at Superman's comments after each fight.

iceman24567
Superman has the edge but hes not a whole tier above Thor laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Silent Master
Bringing up the crossovers kind of proves Prof. T.C McAbe's point, because the fights were close...thus peers. Just look at Superman's comments after each fight.

thumb up

Both got respect and all 3 are considered the strongmen of their respecitve universes.

leonidas
superman is stronger, but not a tier stronger....this really shouldn't be shocking to anyone who knows the characters at all.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
... Superman didn't benchpress the earth, he bench pressed a bar with equivocal weight.

And why not, Thor has the better canon feats.

Really?

Name them.

I presume the Midgard Serpent will be first.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by leonidas
superman is stronger, but not a tier stronger....this really shouldn't be shocking to anyone who knows the characters at all.

I destroyed the Thor Corps and ABSORBED their collective knowledge.

I know EVERYTHING about Thor!

krisblaze
There is no strength tier.

Superman's not a tier stronger than Thor because there are many people in trans who are far stronger than them, and people in trans who are far weaker.

There is no "herald strength" and there is no "meta" strength.

There is just strength, which plays a part in the consideration of someone's ranking.

Golgo13
Superman is stronger, but not by much.

pym-ftw
Really?

Name them.

I presume the Midgard Serpent will be first. Smashing a moon and the planet orbiting it apart... And then pushing it back apart.

abhilegend
Superman is definitely stronger.

Star428
Superman is stronger, imo, as he has much more impressive strength feats but I do think they are in the same tier strengthwise and perhaps durability too but Superman is way ahead in speed.

panthergod
Superman is more than twice Thor's strength, so he's absolutely in a higher class.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by panthergod
Superman is more than twice Thor's strength, so he's absolutely in a higher class.

Agreed, I am confused is to how this is even a comparison.

juggernaut74
The dials go to 11, Thor knows this.

Golgo13
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The dials go to 11, Thor knows this.

He learned the hard way. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Superman is more than twice Thor's strength, so he's absolutely in a higher class. Based on ?

juggernaut74
I'm gonna say he picked up a comic, opened it, then read it.

krisblaze
What comic though?

Only by being acquainted with the largest majority of Superman's comics and feats would you ever learn that he's stronger than Thor.

I know plenty of people who have read tons of Superman comics and still consider Thor to be his physical superior...

Even this board has a dozen people who thinks that Hulk starts out around Superman's level no expression

quanchi112
I'm gonna say he picked up a comic, opened it, then read it. But failed to comprehend it. Therein lies the problem.

panthergod
yep.

Superman can outmuscle two Thor-level opponents at once -- and has done more impressive showings.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
But failed to comprehend it. Therein lies the problem. I don't know exactly how much stronger Supes is but he's definitely stronger by a descent margin.

krisblaze
I don't know exactly how much stronger Supes is but he's definitely stronger by a descent margin.

I agree, but for the majority of their comics it sure doesn't look like it.

pym-ftw
Superman DCNU's best strength feat
6.6 Sextillion tons

Thor's Gorr feat
53 Sextillion tons (greatly low balled & not taking into account force dispersion across a vacuum)

quanchi112
I don't know exactly how much stronger Supes is but he's definitely stronger by a descent margin. Nah.

abhilegend
6.6 Sextillion tons

Thor's Gorr feat
53 Sextillion tons (greatly low balled & not taking into account force dispersion across a vacuum)
Seems like nobody thinks the way you do.

Quick, ask NASA.

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Cool I'll be in the right and you can be in the unintelligent majority. thumb up

quanchi112
Thor's strength feat seems far more impressive combat wise than Superman's.

abhilegend
Cool I'll be in the right and you can be in the unintelligent majority. thumb up
Denial ain't just a river. Let me guess the thor fans who said superman is stronger are wrong too and you alone are right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Denial ain't just a river. Let me guess the thor fans who said superman is stronger are wrong too and you alone are right? So the majority is always right ?

krisblaze
Denial ain't just a river. Let me guess the thor fans who said superman is stronger are wrong too and you alone are right?
Because I think Superman is stronger, Thor's feat can't be greater?

Heh. I almost feel like you're serious.

pym-ftw
I just implied that... Only a rabid fanboy thinks comic book character alledgence has anything to do with intelligence.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Because I think Superman is stronger, Thor's feat can't be greater?

Heh. I almost feel like you're serious.
Who said any such thing?

abhilegend
I just implied that... Only a rabid fanboy thinks comic book character alledgence has anything to do with intelligence.
Lashing out now? Classic. Don't cry kid, it's going to be alright.

krisblaze
Who said any such thing?

You did, just now.

"Denial ain't just a river. Let me guess the thor fans who said superman is stronger are wrong too and you alone are right?"

Pym being right about the planet feat and Superman being stronger are not mutually exclusive, like you just claimed.

pym-ftw
Lashing out now? Classic. Don't cry kid, it's going to be alright. do you know the inward mirror theory?

Damborgson
By feats there's really no question, but it was meant to be that way from the beginning. Thor's more about the hammer, Superman is more about the biceps and physical stats.

They're both peers, no one would freely mangle the other, but I think it's fair to say that in straight lifting, Superman is at a higher level.

abhilegend
You did, just now.

"Denial ain't just a river. Let me guess the thor fans who said superman is stronger are wrong too and you alone are right?"

Pym being right about the planet feat and Superman being stronger are not mutually exclusive, like you just claimed.
The fact that pym is using a single feat to say that Thor is stronger says otherwise.

quanchi112
The fact that pym is using a single feat to say that Thor is stronger says otherwise. You have done the same in the past multiple times.

abhilegend
do you know the inward mirror theory?
Haha, I am not the one who is desperately trying to convince everyone by putting numbers in my signature. I let the comics do the talking.

pym-ftw
You are not

quanchi112
Haha, I am not the one who is desperately trying to convince everyone by putting numbers in my signature. I let the comics do the talking. laughing out loud

krisblaze

The fact that pym is using a single feat to say that Thor is stronger says otherwise.
Okay, that's Pym's business.

But the way you answer makes it seem like you think Thor's feat being superior means that he is stronger than Superman. Otherwise why would you deny a feat that is obviously superior?

You claim that he's stupid for bringing up Nasa, but he's clearly not.

The scientist who came up with the measurement for Ton and Kilo doesn't know **** all about comics either, but that doesn't mean we don't apply his science to understand which lifting feat is more impressive...

abhilegend
You are not Nice argument.

abhilegend
Okay, that's Pym's business.

But the way you answer makes it seem like you think Thor's feat being superior means that he is stronger than Superman. Otherwise why would you deny a feat that is obviously superior?

You claim that he's stupid for bringing up Nasa, but he's clearly not.

The scientist who came up with the measurement for Ton and Kilo doesn't know **** all about comics either, but that doesn't mean we don't apply his science to understand which lifting feat is more impressive...
Firstly it isn't a strength feat, it's a striking feat.

And I have the problem with pym generalization of that feat and declaring Thor stronger. And antagonizing everyone else.

I never said he was stupid. I said it's a poor analogy.

quanchi112

And I have the problem with pym generalization of that feat and declaring Thor stronger. And antagonizing everyone else.

I never said he was stupid. I said it's a poor analogy. A striking feat is a better indicator than lifting something up for fighting purposes.

krisblaze

I never said he was stupid. I said it's a poor analogy.
I agree, partially at least.

Your way of argumentation is far more antagonistic though, where you'll concede absolutely nothing and whenever you find yourself defending some ludicrous point that you could easily abandon by agree'ing with someone, you'd rather try and twist what you said initially or simply say "That's not what we're arguing about".

If I recall he didn't use it as an analogy, he used it to measure which feat was greater.

abhilegend
I agree, partially at least.

Your way of argumentation is far more antagonistic though, where you'll concede absolutely nothing and whenever you find yourself defending some ludicrous point that you could easily abandon by agree'ing with someone, you'd rather try and twist what you said initially or simply say "That's not what we're arguing about".

If I recall he didn't use it as an analogy, he used it to measure which feat was greater.
I have conceded when I have been proven wrong.

No, he was trying to claim Thor was stronger by virtue of that feat. If he had said the feat was better, I'd have no problem with him. He is free to assume it was a better feat.

HulkIsHulk
They are on the same level, but Superman is Stronger imo

h1a8
Holding back, Superman is about a few times stronger. Cutting loose, Superman is at least 10 times stronger.

Star428
Originally posted by h1a8
Holding back, Superman is about a few times stronger. Cutting loose, Superman is at least 10 times stronger.

Superman is clearly stronger but I think what you're claiming is a bit of an exaggeration.

HulkIsHulk
They are on the same level, but Superman is Stronger imo

abhilegend
Yeah whoever thinks superman us several times stronger is wrong. Superman on average is around 25% stronger holding back.

riv6672
He doesnt know what NADA is, so, i highly doubt he gets thst reference.

Figured this thread would break down as is. Thought there'd be more pages though.

h1a8
6.6 Sextillion tons

Thor's Gorr feat
53 Sextillion tons (greatly low balled & not taking into account force dispersion across a vacuum) Superman benching the Earth casually for 5 days away from his power source proves he could have lifted more than 3 times more weight. It takes more than 1 Earth weight to destroy a planet.

The Gor feat had Thor put a crack in a moon after a bazillion hits on Gorr. So each hit contributed to a very small portion of the feat. The feat was impressive but for it to make sense, Thor's hammer was releasing energy after each hit, otherwise the feat can't be achieved. This energy could be a combination of shockwave energy created in the atmosphere and magical energy. The latter requires no strength and thus can take away from the feat itself.

Stoic
Originally posted by Star428
Superman is clearly stronger but I think what you're claiming is a bit of an exaggeration.

He's gotten better. He used to say that Superman was hundreds of times stronger than Thor. Hundreds LOL.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah whoever thinks superman us several times stronger is wrong. Superman on average is around 25% stronger holding back.
And Thor on average is going all out, right?

abhilegend
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
And Thor on average is going all out, right? No. But all out superman is in a different league of strength than Thor.

HulkIsHulk
No. But all out superman is in a different league of strength than Thor.
Lets put the strength difference aside for a time. How much do you think does Thor hold back in comparison to Supermna ignoring their strength difference?

abhilegend
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Lets put the strength difference aside for a time. How much do you think does Thor hold back in comparison to Supermna ignoring their strength difference? Thor holds back far less due to his warrior upbringing. Superman by his very a nature holds back both consciously and subconsciously and has placed mental blocks on himself to stop using his full strength. Just look at his fight with DOS Doomsday where he wasn't even able to hurt doomsday in a battle which lasted hours and was actually hurting his hands punching him.

And then at the verge of death he cut loose finally and beat doomsday to death in few punches. That's an astronomical difference in strength. That's just a few of many examples, Thor doesn't have feats like that. He usually struggles when holding back and then starts hammering with Mjolnir. That middles his strength feats.

DarkSaint85
The two are peers in strength, averaging out their showings.

celeyhyga17
Superman benching the Earth casually for 5 days away from his power source proves he could have lifted more than 3 times more weight. It takes more than 1 Earth weight to destroy a planet.

The Gor feat had Thor put a crack in a moon after a bazillion hits on Gorr. So each hit contributed to a very small portion of the feat. The feat was impressive but for it to make sense, Thor's hammer was releasing energy after each hit, otherwise the feat can't be achieved. This energy could be a combination of shockwave energy created in the atmosphere and magical energy. The latter requires no strength and thus can take away from the feat itself.
Wasn't a bazillion.
A moon/planet that was stooped far.
Yeah. Energy released from the force his swing. Them Asgardian arms I tell ya!
Magical energy? Maybe. Doubt it. Not even a hint of amping, narration, or depiction in the art.

Newjak
These two characters have dynamic shifting levels of strength given whoever is writing them/what the comic calls for.

Personally I always thought they were in the same tier but Superman is stronger. Feat wise Superman just flat out has more high end strength feats.

Yeah Thor has some good ones but let us be honest Superman has always been a feat machine and he has always used his strength more than Thor has. It is the nature of their power sets.

So roughly same tier but I would give Superman the win in a pure contest of strength. I do not think he is ten times stronger than Thor though.

If we were comparing them as humans to me Thor would be someone who could bench 475 pounds while Superman can bench press 510 pounds.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Newjak
These two characters have dynamic shifting levels of strength given whoever is writing them/what the comic calls for.

Personally I always thought they were in the same tier but Superman is stronger. Feat wise Superman just flat out has more high end strength feats.

Yeah Thor has some good ones but let us be honest Superman has always been a feat machine and he has always used his strength more than Thor has. It is the nature of their power sets.

So roughly same tier but I would give Superman the win in a pure contest of strength. I do not think he is ten times stronger than Thor though.

If we were comparing them as humans to me Thor would be someone who could bench 475 pounds while Superman can bench press 510 pounds.

So, a mod ruling that Superman is 7.4% stronger than Thor I see sneer

Newjak
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So, a mod ruling that Superman is 7.4% stronger than Thor I see sneer I see what you did there sneer

bbrem123
average showing I would give it to Superman.

High end is a different story. Thor can match Superman all day long. I would consider them equals due to the fact that they are both as strong as the story requires.

Time Immemorial
He doesnt know what NADA is, so, i highly doubt he gets thst reference.

Figured this thread would break down as is. Thought there'd be more pages though.

Im guessing you don't know who NADA is either. Let me help.

www.nada.com

I hope you didn't pay more for your car them it was worth.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Im guessing you don't know who NADA is either. Let me help.

www.nada.com

I hope you didn't pay more for your car them it was worth.

Damn you for making me laugh sneer

LordofBrooklyn
So, a mod ruling that Superman is 7.4% stronger than Thor I see sneer

The PEOPLE will decide that Superman is a tier above Thor in strength, NOT the mods!

PURGE RULES!

DarkSaint85
The PEOPLE will decide that Superman is a tier above Thor in strength, NOT the mods!

PURGE RULES!

But...you're a canine....

riv6672

PURGE RULES!
You arent all the people though, thankfully.
There isnt ghat much red font to go around.

quanchi112

PURGE RULES! Thor all out actually wins due to warrior madness. Thanks for playing, poochie.

Reflassshh
Owaw Supes > WM thor.

Stoic
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Owaw Supes > WM thor.

That's a sun amp. It wouldn't be fair if we gave Thor his belt and gauntlets, and placed him in WM mode would it?

pym-ftw
Owaw Supes > WM thor. owaw is non canon now

relentless1
Superman is in another tier from Thor, he's markedly stronger

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Stoic
That's a sun amp. It wouldn't be fair if we gave Thor his belt and gauntlets, and placed him in WM mode would it? I was talking about Supes before the sundip. When he was one-shotting imperiex probes.

owaw is non canon now The OP also says Preboot supes.

pym-ftw
Ok, so what makes everyone think DCNU superman is as strong as Thor?

abhilegend
DCNU Superman is actually stronger than both Thor and preboot superman. I can't see either of them ripping someone like doomsday in half.

Reflassshh
Him benchpressing earth's weight, moving a speeding brainiac ship several times larger than earth, ripping doomsday in half etc.

abhilegend
The new Doomsday has like a force-field around it that causes things in its proximity to decay, and all that energy to goes to it.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18769565_303848.jpg

Dr. Veritas tells Superman that while the old Doomsday that was strong enough to kill him, it was basically just a larva, and that Superman is the only one on the planet that can survive fighting the new Doomsday for more than ten minutes.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769567/8426847.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769568/5814043.jpg.html

The Justice League has an emergency meeting. Luthor says that Doomsday is on Earth because it wants Superman, and that it fled from him because it wasn't ready to face him.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769660/2243822.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769661/7111366.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769662/3615151.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769663/8523401.jpg.html

Then Wonder Woman shows up and fights Doomsday till Superman arrives on the scene. Doomsday teleports away before Superman can fight it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769649/8740414.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769651/3088701.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769652/5083051.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769654/1315339.jpg.html

Doomsday shows up in India.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769673/7618782.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18769676/5715370.jpg.html

Superman takes Doomsday to Venus and burns it to a crisp.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18769694_8651085.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18769695_2035719.jpg

But when he arrives back on Earth, so does Doomsday. This time Superman finishes Doomsday off by ripping it in half.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/18769696_7742588.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/18769697_4924774.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/18769698_374457.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/18769699_9946430.jpg

Scans courtesy to Mr. Burns on ICT.

****ing insane showing. Originally posted by abhilegend
He fled from Superman. Read the damn scans.

And he was stated to be Superman level strength and endurance in a weaker state and strong enough to kill him.

http://i.imgur.com/e7BdNwY.jpg

What I find amusing that you're already trying to downplay this feat. Ripping apart a Superman level being is ****ing insane.

That feat is beyond any pure strength feat from Thor I have seen.

Stoic
I was talking about Supes before the sundip. When he was one-shotting imperiex probes.

The OP also says Preboot supes.

Do you remember when Thor broke through a Celestial's armor? The Celestial then creates an avatar of itself, and Thor goes on to defeat it. That avatar was arguably more powerful than those probes. Anyone thinking Thor in a comic could be written up to take on those probes would have good reason to believe it. I also thought that you were talking about Superman being sun amped my bad. I think Superman is stronger than Thor, but not an entire tier above him. I think that the difference between the two would be about the same as the difference between Superman, and Orion, or Black Adam.

maxivitopowe
What feats did that doomsday have?

Stoic
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
What feats did that doomsday have?

Tearing apart trucks, and doing lots in terms of collateral damage. He also tore through the JL like a champ.

abhilegend
Breaking phantom zone in half, breaking Diana's arms with a single punch, slaughtering dozen of krypton inns. Take your pick.

abhilegend
Do you remember when Thor broke through a Celestial's armor? The Celestial then creates an avatar of itself, and Thor goes on to defeat it. That avatar was arguably more powerful than those probes. Anyone thinking Thor in a comic could be written up to take on those probes would have good reason to believe it. I also thought that you were talking about Superman being sun amped my bad. I think Superman is stronger than Thor, but not an entire tier above him. I think that the difference between the two would be about the same as the difference between Superman, and Orion, or Black Adam.
Wut? How was that robot more powerful than probes which were shit stomping entire JLA?

quanchi112
Owaw Supes > WM thor. Based on what ?

pym-ftw
Him benchpressing earth's weight, moving a speeding brainiac ship several times larger than earth, ripping doomsday in half etc.

Cool, but obviously I went in on that

Assuming it's close to earths weight is baseless as ships are hollow

Mostly featless character.

abhilegend
Yeah, there is no reasoning with that attitude.

He simply took Thor destroyed plantets earth sized and brainiac's ship weighs less than earth despite having zero proof on either.

And then he declared himself winner. Classic.

abhilegend
And for doomsday there were hundreds of kryptonians in phantom zone.

www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/images/BMSM11_07.jpg

He killed everyone other than zod and Faora who fled from him.

Stoic
I had to see what you had to say Abhi, because you're on ignore. That was no robot. No amount of low balling is gong to change that the Celestial created Avatar was no more than what it appeared to be, but in case I am wrong, where does it state that it was some common robot? It wasn't like one of Galactus' Punisher drones, it was more like an antibody that had the purpose of destroying Thor. What I said was that I can see Thor being written up, to take on those probes like Superman did. Thor has gone against bigger odds than those probes and come out on top. I do not believe that Thor is as strong as Superman, but this thing about Superman being 10 times stronger than Thor is crazy talk IMO.

LordofBrooklyn
But...you're a canine....

I will wait til Thingy returns so he can witness your destruction at my hands!

Thor all out actually wins due to warrior madness. Thanks for playing, poochie.

Warrior Madness Thor still falls before Superman!

Watch your tone with me, rabid Thanosi!

LordofBrooklyn

You think Thor could one-shot Imperiex probes with his bare hands?

JBL
They are in the same strength class.

panthergod
Based on what ?

Thor dominated at best Class 100 top tiers. Probes were far above top tier physically and that's not debatable. By the time Superman was Probe busting he was exerting far more force than he could exert while at his standard above Thor strength levels.

Even with the Power Gem Thor couldn't cleanly dominate Thanos. Superman OTOH destroys Thanos is relative strength showings in All Out mode.

pym-ftw
Lol no

Reflassshh
Cool, but obviously I went in on that

Assuming it's close to earths weight is baseless as ships are hollow

Mostly featless character. So.. we can agree all this is only your theory, right?

Doomsday isn't featless though.

Based on what ?
After erasing his mental barriers he was one-shotting imperiex probes.

JBL
Superman was taught to not care and stop being distracted and fight like doomsday ( who was oneshotting those same probes ) He did not get any stronger, he just cut loose. Thor can and has done the same.

Reflassshh
He one-shotted multiple enemies in a row who were all capable of soloing the justice league?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
They are in the same strength class.

I hardy think this is the case, if you can provide any evidence to claim then, I would like to see that. If not, just hot air.

JBL
Thor would have one shot those probes for the sake of plot just like superman did. Thor, superman, Surfer and many others would ALL complete the storyline. Even Doomsday did it.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
Thor would have one shot those probes for the sake of plot just like superman did. Thor, superman, Surfer and many others would ALL complete the storyline. Even Doomsday did it.

Supes lifted earths weight for 5 days away from his power source.

Trumps Thors strength.

Reflassshh
'Even doomsday did it' lol. As if doomsday doing it too would somehow lessen the ft confused

Time Immemorial
'Even doomsday did it' lol. As if doomsday doing it too would somehow lessen the ft confused

Lol, lowball attempt to make DD look lackluster.

JBL
Wow, here we go again. Doomsday destroying those probes means that superman did nothing special and does not take away from supes or DD. Lifting the earths weight is nothing to plenty of characters and some of them have universal strength feats under their belts that craps on supes braced feat.( there was no earth itself, just some lady talking ) Thor has matched hulk in strength for over an hour and hulk was about to overpower superman in minutes if you want to go the route of cherry picking.

shadowknight
SM is at least 50% stronger to as much as 175% stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by shadowknight
SM is at least 50% stronger to as much as 175% stronger. Warrior madness seals the deal for Thor.

carver9
These two are about as even as you can get strength wise. If both were to arm wrestle, it would probably be like Captain Marvel and Supes, a stalemate. If i had to give a nod to one of them, it would be Superman but it wouldn't be by much. Hulk has abstract level fts when it comes to strength and I still wouldn't put him leagues above Thor. Thor is as strong as they come.

Reflassshh
Warrior madness seals the deal for Thor. What has WM Thor actually done that 'seals the deal'?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
Wow, here we go again. Doomsday destroying those probes means that superman did nothing special and does not take away from supes or DD. Lifting the earths weight is nothing to plenty of characters and some of them have universal strength feats under their belts that craps on supes braced feat.( there was no earth itself, just some lady talking ) Thor has matched hulk in strength for over an hour and hulk was about to overpower superman in minutes if you want to go the route of cherry picking.

Show me a strength feat that Thor has above Superman's benching earth for 5 days away from the sun.

quanchi112
What has WM Thor actually done that 'seals the deal'? 10 times his normal strength.

Reflassshh
10 times his normal strength. Nothing then?

quanchi112
Nothing then? If you want to ignore the evidence.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Show me a strength feat that Thor has above Superman's benching earth for 5 days away from the sun. lifting Yddrasil.

Time Immemorial
lifting Yddrasil.

What was the weight?

Reflassshh
If you want to ignore the evidence. Concession accepted.

h1a8
lifting Yddrasil. That
Feat is unquantifiable. It could have taken 10000 tons to do or less for all we know.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
These two are about as even as you can get strength wise. If both were to arm wrestle, it would probably be like Captain Marvel and Supes, a stalemate. If i had to give a nod to one of them, it would be Superman but it wouldn't be by much. Hulk has abstract level fts when it comes to strength and I still wouldn't put him leagues above Thor. Thor is as strong as they come. How can they be even when Superman's strength feats are astronomically more than Thor's? Thor would have serious trouble lifting a mountain range.
Where Superman lift stuff astronomically more.

10 times his normal strength. Superman is still stronger, especially when he let's loose.

h1a8
... Superman didn't benchpress the earth, he bench pressed a bar with equivocal weight.

And why not, Thor has the better canon feats. no he doesnt. He has 0 feats on the planetary level (at least one Earth weight

carver9
How can they be even when Superman's strength feats are astronomically more than Thor's? Thor would have serious trouble lifting a mountain range.
Where Superman lift stuff astronomically more.

Superman is still stronger, especially when he let's loose.

Looking at their fts, both are as even as you can get. Crazy thing is, you all are giving Superman fts from the reboot and pre reboot. You all need to focus on one Supes.

When has Thor failed to lift something recently?

carver9

Which Superman is in this thread?

Reflassshh
Which Superman is in this thread? Preboot and DcNU carv.

Time Immemorial
Which Superman is in this thread?

DUURRRR OP

abhilegend
And for reference Thor was struggling to put back a small part of a moon in the very next page where he used "53.3" sextillion tons of strength.

i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Thor-GodofThunder009-014_zps4bcafff2.jpg

Certainly he can bench press earth for five days with one drop of sweat as exertion.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Superman was taught to not care and stop being distracted and fight like doomsday ( who was oneshotting those same probes ) He did not get any stronger, he just cut loose. Thor can and has done the same.
You think he doomsday and Thor are in the same strength class? Or doomsday doing it somehow lowers the feat?

h1a8
Looking at their fts, both are as even as you can get. Crazy thing is, you all are giving Superman fts from the reboot and pre reboot. You all need to focus on one Supes.

When has Thor failed to lift something recently? What feat does Thor have that comes to benching the Earth casually (Superman could lift many times more)?

carver9
And for reference Thor was struggling to put back a small part of a moon in the very next page where he used "53.3" sextillion tons of strength.

i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Thor-GodofThunder009-014_zps4bcafff2.jpg

Certainly he can bench press earth for five days with one drop of sweat as exertion.

Could've been the heat that was making him say that.

abhilegend
You mean he was hurt by lava when in the same comic he dove into a star without any discomfort?

eaebiakuya
pym, from where is this calc (thor feat) ???

bbrem123
I'm curious about that as well

pym-ftw
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
pym, from where is this calc (thor feat) ??? from hence are you asking, knave?

Seriously which feat though?
Force needed to destroy earth? Nato

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>