San Andreas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
yftHosO0eUo

Lestov16
I can't see the trailer, but PLEASSEEEE tell me they are finally converting GTA into a film.

steverules_2
Nope

Although there was a GTA film already

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Grand_theft_auto_poster.jpg

The plot of San Andreas

Time Immemorial
Looks cool. Like the music.

steverules_2
Reminds me of 2012 a bit

BruceSkywalker
will see after an actual earthquake hits

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Nope

Although there was a GTA film already

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Grand_theft_auto_poster.jpg

Nothing to do with the games of course.

steverules_2
Of course, the movies from The 70's, way before the GTA games

Oneness
I find the pacific coast/west-most America horrifically ominous. You have the san andreas fault, you have Yellowstone, you're on the coast of the ocean where extinction level meteorites have impacted earth literally causing two extinction events, you have an ocean housing the Bermuda triangle, you have Mariana's trench, literally the lowest chasm on planet earth, a submerged mountain greater than Everest in size. The pacific ocean potentially holds so many scientific unknowns that it's been compared to space itself.

Although, I think the idea of a brown dwarf star, or planet x, some of the trippy shit going on in the outer solar system. Gravitational drop offs seen through meteorites, what could potentially be out there is amazing to me. The north pole is melting at a rapid rate and it apparently housed many dinosaurs and holds 40% of the earth's untapped oil reserves. I find the mysteries of space and earth all quite invigorating and disaster films always remind me of the real mysteries, and events that are predicted to happen, terrestrial and stellar.

Discos
Reminds me of 2012 a bit

Yeah my exact thinking when I first saw the trailer today. Back then there was alot of doomsday movies and seems they are making a few in 2015.

Not too sure about it to be honest, this would be another mediocre movie but they have attached Dwayne Johnson to it so it'll attract some publicity.

If I am home I will no doubt go see it at the movies, but another movie where the earth is destroying itsel and people fleeing is nothing new, hope its just not a scare tactic and we get guilted into more enviormental ballocks

Esau Cairn
Some of the scenes were filmed here in Australia.

Especially that countryside scene where they're driving...

So don't know if they're passing scenes filmed here as America OR Dwayne's character travels from Australia back to California to save his daughter....?

Kazenji
Yeah great logic there from Hollywood if that's the case, Driving back and forth between Australia and California

an invisible road connecting both continents.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah great logic there from Hollywood if that's the case, Driving back and forth between Australia and California

an invisible road connecting both continents.

Uumm Kaz, remember when they filmed Superman Returns in Australia & passed it off as Metropolis OR Wolverine in the Chinese Gardens in Sydney & passed if off as Japan...?

That's kinda what I meant....not driving from Australia to America.

steverules_2
There's no road? How will you and Kaz enjoy a road trip now? sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Uumm Kaz, remember when they filmed Superman Returns in Australia & passed it off as Metropolis OR Wolverine in the Chinese Gardens in Sydney & passed if off as Japan...?

That's kinda what I meant....not driving from Australia to America.

Wow....have some fun.

Esau Cairn
Oh you were being funny.

Ok road trip's back on!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Oh you were being funny.

Ok road trip's back on!

I'd buy that for a dollar

Kazenji
Wonder how this is going with the movie critics.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Lestov16
I can't see the trailer, but PLEASSEEEE tell me they are finally converting GTA into a film.

Robtard
Film looks awful

Carla Gugino still looks hot

BruceSkywalker
if people see this, let me know if the rock hits the earthquake with the people's elbow big grin

Robtard
It's actually what caused the fault line to split in the first place.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
It's actually what caused the fault line to split in the first place.

thumb up

heathjack
I enjoyed it I also liked at that their weren't too many people to get to know who's who but if your fan of the rock I highly recommend San Andreas

Kazenji
I read from one review that there's lots of cheese in this movie.

steverules_2
No surprises there, TI was right Kaz, you ruin all movies for us, use some spoilers stick out tongue

Kazenji
erm

I guess that goes for you too, Don't read movie reviews.

steverules_2
Where is TI? Your arguments amuse me

Kazenji
I have another spoiler

there's gonna be lettuce in Jurassic World.

putlocker.movie
oh man what a movie love the movie

Spawningpool
I have another spoiler

And ferns

juggerman
Saw it. It's basically what you'd expect.

steverules_2
I have another spoiler

Ruining movies once again, when will this madness end?

Kazenji
Ruining movies once again, when will this madness end?

Soon as you stop being a dick.

steverules_2
Well that's just not gonna happen

Flyattractor
I read from one review that there's lots of cheese in this movie.

Well it is a Disaster movie. Cheese makes a good filler in between all the DISASTER moments.

Cheese + Disaster Movies is just the norm.

Mindset
I was going to go see this, buy Kaz basically just told me everything that happens.

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Saw it. It's basically what you'd expect.

http://www.belch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dog-pooping-picture.jpg

jaden101
This went as expected. Nice scenes of destruction and not much else. Paul Giamatti is the only good performance. Kylie Minogue's 1 minute of screen time is the highlight. Top level milf.

Most ridiculous part of the plot is the single tsunami wave.

Patient_Leech
Just saw this. The Rock can swim... huh, I thought he would just sink.

laughing

But seriously, I found it to be an entertaining piece of cheese.

Paul Giamatti is fantastic, and...

The Rock, well, he can emote about the same as a rock.

dynamix
Originally posted by KillaKassara
I find the pacific coast/west-most America horrifically ominous. You have the san andreas fault, you have Yellowstone, you're on the coast of the ocean where extinction level meteorites have impacted earth literally causing two extinction events, you have an ocean housing the Bermuda triangle,

wait a minute...isn't the Bermuda Triangle over at the Atlantic side?

Kazenji
Indeed it is....someone needs to go over their geography.

Genesis-Soldier
its more a rhombus but ok

BrainSturgeon
This was an okay movie. I felt a little restless about half way through so that just says the story was non existent and the movie was all about effects. I do like CGI but I also like a story to go with it!!! 7/10

BrainSturgeon
I have watched this movie. This was an okay movie. I felt a little restless about half way through so that just says the story was non existent and the movie was all about effects. I do like CGI but I also like a story to go with it!!! 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.