Ike vs. Jaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Ike, one of the many main protagonists from Nintendo's Fire Emblem franchise.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130712073754/fireemblem/images/thumb/4/48/Ike_%28FE9_Artwork%29.png/420px-Ike_%28FE9_Artwork%29.png

vs.

Jaster Rogue, the protagonist of Sony's PS2 game Rogue Galaxy.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091005082013/roguegalaxy/images/thumb/9/9e/Rg-jaster-rogue1.jpg/240px-Rg-jaster-rogue1.jpg

In this match between Nintendo and Sony RPG heroes, which swordsman emerges the victor?

Bro SMASH
Some info on the characters.

Ike - Ike is the legendary Radiant Hero and leader of the Greil Mercenaries, the son of Greil and Elena and elder brother of Mist. Shortly after joining the Greil Mercenaries, he became the leader after his father's passing and led the group in protecting Crimea's errant Princess Elincia and in combatting the invasion force of Daein, winning the trust and respect of his allies in both laguz and beorc nations. Three years later, after completing a job with Bastian to save Lucia from falling victim to Ludveck's civil war, Ike and the Mercenaries were hired by Gallia's army in their war with Begnion, where he came into conflict with Micaiah of Daein. Ike strives to live up to his father's reputation and become an expert swordsman so that he may one day avenge his father's death by defeating the Black Knight.

Jaster Rogue - Jaster Rogue was taken in and raised on the planet Rosa by a priest named Raul. Jaster's adventures begin shortly after he meets two space pirates named Simon and Steve, who mistake him for the legendary hunter Desert Claw. Jaster defeats a giant beast attacking his town amidst Simon and Steve, which solidifies their ill-conceived belief. Jaster is invited to join them and their captain aboard the pirate ship Dorgengoa. He decides to pursue his life-long dream of sailing through space by accepting their invitation. Blinded by the allure of this once-in-a-lifetime chance, he unknowingly jumps head-first into an epic struggle as big as the galaxy itself.

Wei Phoenix
It would probably be better if you posted feats for both of them instead of a short bio.

Bentley
Does Ike gets the Ragnell? He killed a god with that weapon.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Bentley
Does Ike gets the Ragnell? He killed a god with that weapon.

I'm curious about this. mmm

Wei Phoenix
I don't think it would matter if he got it or not. Ragnell never made him a better swordsman or even a stronger one. He still had his own skills. In-game Ragnell does increase his defense by five so you may be able to say it could make him more durable. Point is that if he even has a normal sword and the attack connects then Jaster is going down.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
It would probably be better if you posted feats for both of them instead of a short bio.

I never played any of their games so I don't know what feats they have. I thought somebody around played at least one of them.

Wei Phoenix
I played both, only beat the FE games though, didn't beat Rogue Galaxy.

Bro SMASH
I guess I'll just look at some gameplay videos of Rogue Galaxy since it seems like people are more familiar with the Fire Emblem games.

Bro SMASH
Okay, here's something about Jaster I just knew about and...yeah, this may not be easy for Ike.

J8b3OjR8i3M

Jaster using Star King powers.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Okay, here's something about Jaster I just knew about and...yeah, this may not be easy for Ike.

J8b3OjR8i3M

Jaster using Star King powers.

From that video, the only thing noteworthy is that he blocked a hit from Beast Seed and defeated him easily. Beast Seed has no really exceptional feats or anything. After the fight he proceeds to put a puzzle together which isn't necessarily a measure of strength/power as much as it is knowledge.

Maybe Scenario or Bentley can help clarify this but Ike either resisted transmutation into stone by the Goddess of Order or he was one of the few protected by the Goddess of Chaos. If it was the former then that speaks volumes about his constitution.

The Scenario
https://youtu.be/Jd1sI6u8gqc?t=1h19m26s

I had to doublecheck, but it seems Yune is surprised by how many people survived. It doesn't seem like she protected them, at least. Tibarn also makes a comment about only the "strongest" not being petrified, so there's that.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Ike, one of the many main protagonists from Nintendo's Fire Emblem franchise.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130712073754/fireemblem/images/thumb/4/48/Ike_%28FE9_Artwork%29.png/420px-Ike_%28FE9_Artwork%29.png

vs.

Jaster Rogue, the protagonist of Sony's PS2 game Rogue Galaxy.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091005082013/roguegalaxy/images/thumb/9/9e/Rg-jaster-rogue1.jpg/240px-Rg-jaster-rogue1.jpg

In this match between Nintendo and Sony RPG heroes, which swordsman emerges the victor?

I've already seen this....

Is Ike lvl 20 + full states?????

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Revanchiste
I've already seen this....

Is Ike lvl 20 + full states?????

In game mechanics don't matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.