Black Lightning vs. Havok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

riv6672
BL has at least equal, if not more, raw power IMO and a wider range of offense and defense. Going with him.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
BL has at least equal, if not more, raw power IMO and a wider range of offense and defense. Going with him.

O_o seriously????

Havok's an omega level mutant with regards his energy projection he should be 》》》》》》》》》 BL

Havok stomps IMO

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
O_o seriously????

Havok's an omega level mutant with regards his energy projection he should be 》》》》》》》》》 BL

Havok stomps IMO

Since when?

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Since when?

Show me a single feat of BL coming anywhere near melting something as durable as Admantium?? Or destroying a nexus of reality, containing a black hole, put jugg's on the run with a single blast, etc etc

riv6672
Sounds pretty formidable. I'll have to lok Havok up and then see if i change my mind.

krisblaze
You can look him up in my new Havok Respect thread :-)

riv6672
Still going with BL after brushing up on Havok.
I wont belabor the point, but BL can take what Havok dishes out. He can respond in kind. He has more variety in his power set, Super human strength and speed being the least of it.

krisblaze
He can't take what Havok can dish out, there's no way.

He doesn't have superhuman strength and Havok, with his energy absorption abilities, have a far greater shot at taking anything black lightning has to dish out.

Ambient
Havok wins this.. His got range, more juice, flight and omni-shield for defensive measure.

Estacado
Originally posted by krisblaze
You can look him up in my new Havok Respect thread :-)
Seems like making the respect thread didnt bring any respect.ermm

Havok ftw.uhuh

riv6672
Havok passively absorbs starlight, x rays, gamma radiation. He can do this aggressively as well.
Havok possesses the strength and speed of a man his size and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise.

BL can increase his overall strength by stimulating his muscles with electricity. BlL can further enhance his strength, by erecting a force field around his body.
BL is capable of reacting at lightning speeds. His mind and eyes are capable of process information at such speeds, that time appears to have slowed down.
BL can move at the speed of light.

Thats not me saying the above, thats their stats.
I dont see Havok absorbing BLs lightning. BL also has actual black, magical lightning to use.

riv6672
More posts while i was reading....

BL has telekinesis, healing, force fields, an electrical form, teleportation via electrical devices, of which warehouses are wired so there's that. It was posted Havok could "blow up". BL can do that too.
He's not losing this fight.

krisblaze
Wikipedia entries don't win fights smile

riv6672
Neither do biased opinions.
One of us didnt go to Wikipedia, though. And one of us is biased.
I provided my reasoning as to why i picked BL. You couldnt even be bothered to find out BL has super human strength and speed.

Done here, barring some really good posts later.

Annabeth
depend on how much energy Havok can absorb
the more, the more favorable

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
Show me a single feat of BL coming anywhere near melting something as durable as Admantium?? Or destroying a nexus of reality, containing a black hole, put jugg's on the run with a single blast, etc etc

Whoa luv, pipe down. I'm asking since when is he an omega. I know his feats.

Ambient
Havok passively absorbs starlight, x rays, gamma radiation. He can do this aggressively as well.
Havok possesses the strength and speed of a man his size and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise.

BL can increase his overall strength by stimulating his muscles with electricity. BlL can further enhance his strength, by erecting a force field around his body.
BL is capable of reacting at lightning speeds. His mind and eyes are capable of process information at such speeds, that time appears to have slowed down.

I dont see Havok absorbing BLs lightning. BL also has actual black, magical lightning to use.
Havok in a way can amp his speed and strength as counter and if we are going by wiki, BL power is derived by the manipulation of electromagnetic energy, an energy well within Havok ability to absorb and manipulate. A trump card that BL is not going to be able to counter as Havok far surpasses him in this ability. Ex. Almost instantaneously de powered Houdin (a planet destroyer).

This is why I give him the win.

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Whoa luv, pipe down. I'm asking since when is he an omega. I know his feats. if your after a specific issue I cant recall I'm afraid. However I haven't read xmen since about 2005/6 so be fore then, because I have seen him referenced as such.

beatboks

If you dont mind my asking where is this coming from? Super strength?? BS, I've read BL and Outsiders for years. Yes BL can control the electric impulses in his body but he has never gained anything above olympic level strength from that. Christ in outsiders batman beat his @$$. His force fields helped in a fight vs Brion (Geo-Force )but he still got his but handed him. AND Light speed?? I'm gonna need some proof of that because I'm calling bull, never happened (at least not pre FP). So unless he got a massive freakin upgrade in the nu52 I'm not buying it. Ive read shit loads more BL than Havok and I cant see Jeff countering what I've seen Havok do.

leonidas
havok wins this and most times i wouldn't think it would be all that difficult for him in a forum setting. in a book it could be close but havok would still take him.

Sixth_Winged

Havok can do the same by channeling his power inwards and amping himself

riv6672
I'd rather see THAT debated than a debate based in short changing BL.

For the record when i research characters i use a lot of different sites (Comicvine in this case) but NOT wikipedia.
I'm not big on posting scans, which i've seen interpreted 12 different ways in any case, so in that way THEY are kind of like wiki. stick out tongue
I looked at the characters objectively and made my call.

-shrug-

krisblaze
You didn't look at what the character can and has done.

You looked at their powersets and decided that Black Lightning wins, despite BL having much inferior showings.

Golgo13
Dr. Light would be a better matchup.

Stoic
It's kind of strange, but i was thinking that the winner would be the one that successfully connects with a power blast. Maybe it's just me though.

riv6672
You didn't look at what the character can and has done.

You looked at their powersets and decided that Black Lightning wins, despite BL having much inferior showings.
I actually did more than that, i just wanted to make sure i was current in Havok. Characters get amps i dont know about.
But lets say i didnt. Then you did the opposite.
This isnt a big enough deal for me to ***** about TOO much; i made an unbiased decision.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
It's kind of strange, but i was thinking that the winner would be the one that successfully connects with a power blast. Maybe it's just me though.

I agree.

They're both powerful "blasters" with fairly low end durability.

Fortunately Havok's got a history of taking a beating.

riv6672
I agree.

They're both...fairly low end durability.

laughing out loud
Yeah i'm done here, kris is in the ignore facts zone.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic

I agree too for the most part. Black Lightning's run in with Geo Force proves he is a beast. That blast would more than likely KO Havok.

krisblaze
^Riv, your so called "unbiased" decision wasn't based on what the characters have done though.

Originally posted by Golgo13
I agree too for the most part. Black Lightning's run in with Geo Force proves he is a beast. That blast would more than likely KO Havok.
Fair enough, but most of Havok's more powerful blasts would probably evaporate BL hmm

Golgo13
^Riv, your so called "unbiased" decision wasn't based on what the characters have done though.

Fair enough, but most of Havok's more powerful blasts would probably evaporate BL hmm

Both blasts would kill/KO each other. This was a bad ass fight, BTW.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL_zps1af33bab.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL2_zps65872381.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL3_zpsb5285904.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL4_zps06cada3a.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL5_zps3a556953.jpg

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL6_zps625951c9.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL7_zps681d20bd.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL8_zps275efb26.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/th_BL9_zps962fc930.jpg

ZenGardenOP
how fast is black lightning?

Golgo13
He also has pretty good durability. Tanking bullets and a car smashing into him.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BL11_zps04354744.jpghttp://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BL10_zps85afe2eb.jpg

Golgo13
Originally posted by ZenGardenOP
how fast is black lightning?

Well, he can turn his body into pure electricity and travel that way. He can be fast.

krisblaze
Very impressive.

It looks like BL would have an advantage in durability, though like you say, they're both likely to one-shot one another.

DarkSaint85
I'm leaning towards Havok, but that is because I am not as au fait with BL.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I am not as au fait with BL.
Avoid wikipedia. stick out tongue
Comicvine has a detailed bio and stats.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Dr. Light would be a better matchup.

I would still say Arthur sh I uld come up short against Havok. Havok's energy manip is just on a different level. But then again I still think Arthurs defeat of the Ray was complete and utter BS. Based purely on feats Ray should have been the far superior light manipulator. The energy levels he'd been depicted consistently achieving were far and away better than those of Arthur light and the versatility in how he used his power was leagues more diverse. I mean as a neophyte character he created an artificial intelligent life form out of light to be a training tool that bdcame one of his greatest adversaries. Yet Dr Light who got his but kicked by the Teen Titans before that meant something is supposed to stomp him?

But that a discussion for another thread
/rant

krisblaze
^The ray gets jobbed out all the time. Virtually no respect since his series in the 90s.

And Havok vs Dr.Light would be a stomp in Light's favour imo, as it hasn't been demonstrated clearly enough that Havok could just absorb his powers.

beatboks
^The ray gets jobbed out all the time. Virtually no respect since his series in the 90s.

Still pisses me off though. His 90's series and appearances in his early JLA and JLTF were freakin awesome and then sudddenly he's jober of the month and onward just to suit a llot point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.