Blue Marvel Vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Can the retro active Avenger take the preDCnu team wrecker? No prep no BFR.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68297/1400902-blue_marvel2_super.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b1/Despero.JPG/250px-Despero.JPG

DarkSaint85
Given Despero's penchant for mind control, what are BM's feats against this?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Given Despero's penchant for mind control, what are BM's feats against this?

Not strong enough to resist before Despero lays the smackdown on him. It would be pretty stupid if Despero stuns BM, without going in for the physical beat down.

Golgo13
Despero.

riv6672
Cool. Thanks, KMCers!

8swords
when was it shown that BM is weak against TP? or did BM ever fought someone with TP before?

riv6672
I'm assuming most characters are susceptible to TP unless otherwise stated, otherwise, the power wouldnt be much use...

8swords
you did say "otherwise" soo we dont know for sure whether he can/cannot withstand TP currently, because as far as I know, he doesnt have a showing of one. IMHO, I would say that this thread is early~ish, seeing that BM he might/might not be affected by a degree of TP. yes he may have great showings mostly, but TP is still a factor in this fight though

KingD19
Despite no prep, do they get basic knowledge? If he knows Despero can poke around in his head, he might speedblitz him early on. And is Despero the type to end a fight from the beginning by going for the mind rape?

Stoic
Originally posted by 8swords
when was it shown that BM is weak against TP? or did BM ever fought someone with TP before?

He showed that he has some resistance to TP, but he was affected. Despero could do the same at the very least, but what stops him form assaulting BM in this state? Despero should win every time, and I like BM.

DarkSaint85
I assumed so, which presumably is a double edged sword - as Desporo would know BM is no slouch.

With regards to point 2, he uses mind blitz quite early on:
http://jlurevisited.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jla-jsa-056.jpg

KingD19
Things don't look good for our boy Adam. Although I would argue that his power/speed/etc... all together might give him a chance to keep the fight going longer than a few moments and gain some footing. Not sure how long he can last or how much he can actually do if Despero can just bash his brain all day though.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
Things don't look good for our boy Adam. Although I would argue that his power/speed/etc... all together might give him a chance to keep the fight going longer than a few moments and gain some footing. Not sure how long he can last or how much he can actually do if Despero can just bash his brain all day though.

The only way that I see BM making this somewhat competitive is if he had prep. He could then perhaps come up with an invention to protect his noodle from TP assault. This is Despero's fight to lose though. I don't think it's that bad of a thing though, since some versions of Despero are low Trans at the very least.

KingD19
It's the TP that's the big game changer. In a straight up fight Adam has enough advantages to take it but as pointed out his TP defense is already questionable due to very little evidence against it, and Despero is one of the top psychics in DC. Also he was voiced by Keith David that one time, so he gets a stat boost.

abhilegend
Blue marvel has advantages? Like what? That version of despero koed superman, captain marvel, Diana and PG simultaneously. He would stomp a mudhole in Adam.

psycho gundam
school of Sharks > League

riv6672
Good stuff, thanks again, KMCers.

YFZ 350
Blue Marvel might take this.

Golgo13
Not against V&V Despero. He was a team basher.

deathslash
Originally posted by KingD19
It's the TP that's the big game changer. In a straight up fight Adam has enough advantages to take it but as pointed out his TP defense is already questionable due to very little evidence against it, and Despero is one of the top psychics in DC. Also he was voiced by Keith David that one time, so he gets a stat boost. there was that feat of BM resisting magical mind control during the 70's and when he and the rest of the mighty avengers resisted planetary mind control.

riv6672
That i did not know.

So, mind control aside, how would this go physically?

abhilegend
Jonn alone has planetary level telepathy. Despero turned him into goo.

8swords
Originally posted by deathslash
there was that feat of BM resisting magical mind control during the 70's and when he and the rest of the mighty avengers resisted planetary mind control.

do you the scans?because I'm honestly leaning toward V&V despero, team killer and all, but BM is still a wild card, with little known/no low showings, as far as I know.

Silver_Lantern
BM is made of anti-matter, his brain should also have anti-matter, protecting him from t.p, theoretically he has immunity to t.p since he is filled with anti-matter. Physically he should take despero out.

riv6672
See, thats interesting.
Plastic Man was able to resist J'onn as Fernus because his brain was inorganic, yet, in V&V, he seemed as susceptible as anyone else. Plot hole or testament to villainous power levels?

complexbrother
I don know but I'm leaning (sadly) toward Despero .

Estacado
Despero punches him in the face.

riv6672
Pretty sure thats mandatory. laughing out loud

iceman24567
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
BM is made of anti-matter, his brain should also have anti-matter, protecting him from t.p, theoretically he has immunity to t.p since he is filled with anti-matter. Physically he should take despero out. LOL...this whole post is wrong no expression

Insane Titan
BM gets destroyed.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by riv6672
See, thats interesting.
Plastic Man was able to resist J'onn as Fernus because his brain was inorganic, yet, in V&V, he seemed as susceptible as anyone else. Plot hole or testament to villainous power levels? More like PIS needed to beat Fernus, there was literally no other way the JLA could beat him.

-----------

Despero wins.

riv6672
Or it could be PIS in the case of V&V....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.