Earth 2 Avatars Vs Earth 1 Avatars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Earth 2's avatars of the Parliaments. The Green, The White, The Grey, etc...

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ELEMENTALS2_zps0f8a5780.jpg

vs

The Green (Swamp Thing)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ST_zpseb530758.jpg
Metal (Machine Queen)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MQ_zps4094160d.jpg
The Red (Brother Blood)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BB_zpsd530db23.jpg
The Rot (Anton Arcane)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AA_zpse753e81f.jpeg
The Grey
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GY_zpse71d2430.jpg

riv6672
Wow, dont know enough about a lot of these guys to say anything other than, that is a LOT of power going to get kicked around....eek!

DarkSaint85
Going with Earth 1, as they have more feats, not to mention, the wellspring of power they draw from (Earth 1) isn't getting destroyed.

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Going with Earth 1, as they have more feats, not to mention, the wellspring of power they draw from (Earth 1) isn't getting destroyed.

WTF please dont tell me E2 is going to be destroyed. I'm a couple issues behind but FFS it's the only thing an old JSAfan has left

riv6672
No joke. JSA has not fared well IMO, from the reboot.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
WTF please dont tell me E2 is going to be destroyed. I'm a couple issues behind but FFS it's the only thing an old JSAfan has left

They're getting, but they could well save themselves. But the Furies have been acknowledging that E2 avatars are getting weaker due to the presence of Apokolips, which is damaging the earth pretty badly.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
No joke. JSA has not fared well IMO, from the reboot.
yeah and most replacements are poor copies or complete bastardizations of the originals (though I REALLY like the cold calculating rationalist Terry Sloane over the original).

Alan went from being a noble character who put everyone before himself (to the point when he thought he'd crossed the line he tried to destroy both himself and his ring because "noone should wield such power". To a smug pomoous ass who comes across as though he everyones better.

Jay who was super confident and even though JUST out of college was the first chairman of the JSA oversenior characters (except Al Pratt), was a wingy whinie self doubter for the first 7 to 8 issues.

Blah ........

riv6672
Ew that sounds pretty bad.
One of the things i loved about DC was the history, the legacies, the respect from the new generation to what came before and the pride of the older generation at what they'd laid foundations for...

abhilegend
I ****ing hate what they did to JSA and LOSH.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by abhilegend
I ****ing hate what they did to JSA and LOSH. What did they do to LOSH? All I know is they appeared recently in Futures end but nothing else.

abhilegend
They are not even from main DCU now. The greatest team of them all is coming back in time to kill a CHILD in JLU? **** you DC.

Reflassshh
Yeah that was kind of weird, though it could lead to an interesting storyline, COULD.

riv6672
They are not even from main DCU now. The greatest team of them all is coming back in time to kill a CHILD in JLU? **** you DC.
I...completely agree.

-faint-

laughing out loud

operator616

Considering that the child is going to become a world-devouring cosmic being...i don't see the problem.

I also couldn't help but associate Infinitus with Infinite Man. they're too much alike. In terms of appearance, power level, and well, their name.

Golgo13
Originally posted by operator616
Considering that the child is going to become a world-devouring cosmic being...i don't see the problem.

I also couldn't help but associate Infinitus with Infinite Man. they're too much alike. In terms of appearance, power level, and well, their name.

Yeah, and it's not like all of the members want to kill him. Brainiac 5 is trying to find a solution.

Also, I believe Infinitus was called Infinite Man in the solicitations.

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
Yeah, and it's not like all of the members want to kill him. Brainiac 5 is trying to find a solution.

Also, I believe Infinitus was called Infinite Man in the solicitations.

Yup. I think it's a decent story personally.

Didn't know that. Im not surprised.

abhilegend

But Legion don't take a life and certainly not of a child. That's their greatest motto.

operator616
But Legion don't take a life and certainly not of a child. That's their greatest motto.

The Legion members have been violating the no-kill code since mid 1960s. Sure, they have the code, but it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Consider the alternative: If the child does go on to become Infinitus, he'll become a monster who's going to destroy worlds killing billions of actually innocent children in the process.

So really, i don't see the problem. Besides, like Golgo mentioned, not all of them support that decision.

riv6672
Its a slippery slope.
Is killing an innocent and living with that the rest of your life any less heroic than refusing to do so because its so wrong?
Namor did something along these lines recently. I think he was heroic for doing so.

abhilegend
The Legion members have been violating the no-kill code since mid 1960s. Sure, they have the code, but it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Consider the alternative: If the child does go on to become Infinitus, he'll become a monster who's going to destroy worlds killing billions of actually innocent children in the process.

So really, i don't see the problem. Besides, like Golgo mentioned, not all of them support that decision.
They have? Brainy was kicked out of Legion because he supposedly killed time trapper. It's one of the most fundamental laws of Legion.

I don't believe in no win scenarios in my superhero comics. I'd read authority if I wanted that. There is ALWAYS another way.

operator616
They have? Brainy was kicked out of Legion because he supposedly killed time trapper. It's one of the most fundamental laws of Legion.

I don't believe in no win scenarios in my superhero comics. I'd read authority if I wanted that. There is ALWAYS another way.

Read LOSH v2 #309 (last page), which establish Legion's official rules:

http://i.imgur.com/JxiqZ8d.jpg?2

Basically, Legionnaires can't take a life unless it's self defense or if it's the only alternative in preventing loss of life (exactly like in Infinitus' case).

So there are exceptions. Of course not all writers follow that case, but taking into consideration the entirety of Legion's continuity, that's the general case.

Anyway, Star Boy killed a person in self-defense in Adventure Comics #342 and 9 out of 19 of Legionnaires considered it acceptable; He returned right after 9 issues later. Projectra killed Nemesis Kid by breaking his neck in LOSH v3 #5, Mon-el killed a weakened Time Trapper in v4 #4.

So the Infinitus saga isn't anything new.

abhilegend
I don't think its new. I just don't like how its presented here.

riv6672
I don't think its new. I just don't like how its presented here.
Same, really.
While i still consider someone who takes it on himself to make the kill choice heroic, i completely agree that heroes should always look for another way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.