Captain Marvel Vs Rogues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Pre DCnu versions of the rogues and Shazam. No prep no BFR.

Trickster

Pied Piper

Mirror Master

Captain Boomerang

Heatwave

Shrapnel

Captain Cold

Grodd

Abrakadabra

Reverse Flash Thawne

DarkSaint85
It was all going well for Shazam, until I saw Thawne, lol. The others would be tricky (like Mirror Master) but nothing insurmountable.

Thawne would be overkill.

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It was all going well for Shazam, until I saw Thawne, lol. The others would be tricky (like Mirror Master) but nothing insurmountable.

Thawne would be overkill.

Thawne is to much but I donno, if Piper has the anti-life equation than he solos the rest and Cap Marvel.

riv6672
Well, i was on the bubble as to Thawne. I didnt want a stomp for CM, or for the rogues. No fun either way.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I was thinking he didn't have the AL equation, but would resort to his mind control, which would then be negated by the Wisdom or the Stamina.

riv6672
No anti life.
I never use amped characters unless i actually say so.

DarkSaint85
Mmm.

Mirror Master would have the best shot of winning, using the Mirror World - but Cap could always zip back to the Rock of Eternity, then zip back so it's hardly an inconvenience for him.

As for Thawne:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/zoom1-1.jpg

beatboks
Wouldnt write off abrakadabra that quick lo y either. He could give CM a hell of a fight.

beatboks
The original trickster (jessie) also bothered Superman once IIRC but I think it was more a hindrence than anything else

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
Wouldnt write off abrakadabra that quick lo y either. He could give CM a hell of a fight.

True; depends on how the Wisdom of Solomon is depicted (sore point with me). One of the most underused powers, IMO.

If all of them pile on, they could give him a good fight (without Thawne). Especially in character.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
True; depends on how the Wisdom of Solomon is depicted (sore point with me). One of the most underused powers, IMO.
I was going to bring this up as CM's ace in the hole, actually.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, it's a great power, it's just criminally underused. In character, he should be incredibly smart and wise, with a plethora of spells at his disposal.....

In comics, however, he's depicted as a big kid.

riv6672
But the potential IS there.

S is for the wisdom of Solomon. The wisdom of Solomon gives Billy great knowledge, perception, comprehension and insight. By mystical means, Solomon is actually able to speak to Billy during his times of need. The wisdom of Solomon gives Billy many intellectual abilities, some known and other yet unknown. Some of these specific abilities are a photographic memory, omni-linguistic and advanced knowledge of war strategy and tactics.

Superhuman Knowledge - Captain Marvel posses a vast amount of knowledge about facts that he had no encountered previously. Billy is able to make guesses about subjects that he had no prior knowledge to but is able to answer with incredible accuracy.

Clairvoyance - Captain Marvel is able to change disadvantages to advantages even though he is not fully aware of the situation at hand.

Hypnosis - Marvel is able to hypnotize his opponents but this does not work on people who are of a very strong mind.

Omni-lingual - Cap has the ability to speak any language and can even communicate with aliens.

Good Conscience - Marvel always has help from Solomon with making decisions, an example would be when he wanted to divulge the info of his identity to the JSA, Solomon strongly advised against it.

He has the tools he needs here.
I can see CM playing the more powerful members of the rogues against each other, giving him the chance to get individual KOs.

In any case, i still believe this isnt a stomp either way.

EDIT:
Just wanted to point out, CM is a Superman level character, in terms of strength and speed, with magical resistance instead of magical weakness, and magical lightning in place of heat vision. Along with the above mental acumen/abilities.
He shouldnt be undersold.

DarkSaint85
Oh yeah, he has the potential - incredible amounts. On potential alone, he'd be amazing.

I just haven't seen it, that's all.

riv6672
Well thats never stopped a forum battle before. Or has it?
Not trying to be funny, i've just seen it argued both ways so often over the years i get confused.

DarkSaint85
Generally, I hope that things that are said to be done have at least been shown in comics.

So Flash doesn't age someone into dust, even though he could easily accelerate someone's metabolism (as shown when he heals JLA team mates) for example.

riv6672
Fair enough.
CM has used the WoS to effect before, though. I've seen examples of it on this site a few times.
I guess it really depends on who's arguing the character and how in depth they're willing to go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.