Alan Scott Vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zpsfa1a4393.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BRB_zps57404da3.jpg

9jaboy
Normal Alan FTW 8-9/10

beatboks
Earth 2 Alan BRB takes it

abhilegend
Even DCNU Alan takes it.

Golgo13
Alan had that crazy earth feat.

YFZ 350
Going with Alan Scott.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Alan had that crazy earth feat.
Holding the earth against the device that Sloane and Holt made to move it is the only really notable feat. Let's also consider his power comes from the planet he was holding, so I don't think it's that good a feat when all it shows is him holding his power source.

The taking on hundreds of parademons is just fodder and he got his ass handed him by a clone of E2 Supes who was also fighting everyone else (and who honestly was featless since his fighting enexperienced featless heroes is his sole claim to fame ) also doesn't speak well.

Nothing IMO BRB couldn't deal with.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
Holding the earth against the device that Sloane and Holt made to move it is the only really notable feat. Let's also consider his power comes from the planet he was holding, so I don't think it's that good a feat when all it shows is him holding his power source.

The taking on hundreds of parademons is just fodder and he got his ass handed him by a clone of E2 Supes who was also fighting everyone else (and who honestly was featless since his fighting enexperienced featless heroes is his sole claim to fame ) also doesn't speak well.

Nothing IMO BRB couldn't deal with.
That's some ass backwards logic right there.

Reflassshh
^ @beatboks Wrong. Steppen wolf and Brutaal surprised him and started to beat him senseless and knocked him out.

Then again Alan died in Wolf's death explosion.

"Id"
Horses Face smashes that faget.

krisblaze
I'm not completely up to date on Alan yet, but from what I read he wasn't quite there yet.

abhilegend
He stopped earth from getting moved for two issues straight. I don't think you need anything better to gauge his power.

DarkSaint85
Whilst Earth-2 was dying. With forum rules, he'd be at full power.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
He stopped earth from getting moved for two issues straight. I don't think you need anything better to gauge his power.

That's very impressive.

But it's not above something I would expect from someone who's going to fight BRB.

Do I need to read anything outside the main title or does it include everything?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
That's very impressive.

But it's not above something I would expect from someone who's going to fight BRB.

Do I need to read anything outside the main title or does it include everything?

It's all in E2, and E2: World's End.

carver9
Lol...that ft isn't enough to pull a win against Bill. Space Cheese. Really? Guess he is going to pull Bill for the win.

abhilegend
That's very impressive.

Do I need to read anything outside the main title or does it include everything? Originally posted by Galan007
^ it's worth noting, abhi, that the entirety of brainiac's mothership still hadn't surfaced from the portal--so it was even larger than what we were shown. craycray.

anyway, i posted alan's planetary feat from the last issue, but it was confirmed again this issue:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19656885_8129926.jpg
note that he held the earth for roughly half of the issue. insane. I don't think bill is powerful enough to stop earth from moving by a giant mother box.

krisblaze
I don't think bill is powerful enough to stop earth from moving by a giant mother box.

I don't see how Bill would do it.

His powerset isn't very well suited for holding things in place.

Or are you saying there's not enough power in Stormbreaker? smile

abhilegend
I don't see how Bill would do it.

His powerset isn't very well suited for holding things in place.

Or are you saying there's not enough power in Stormbreaker? smile
You can say both. The two times bill has been pitted against moving celestial bodies, in star masters and annihilators he either failed miserably or needed help from silver surfer.

krisblaze
You can say both. The two times bill has been pitted against moving celestial bodies, in star masters and annihilators he either failed miserably or needed help from silver surfer.

Star masters had a different BRB, and he still stopped a black hole didn't he? And it certainly seemed like star masters had a different take on the power of black holes.

I'm not sure what instance you're referring to in annihilators. I might not have read it.

Bill doesn't have the powerset to duplicate Alan's feat, but I'm certain he has the raw power. I have no doubt that he'd be able to break through whatever Alan creates smile

beatboks
That's some ass backwards logic right there.

And how exactly do you figure that? You cant even quantify the feat its not like we know what force is on the earth when he does it. Lets say that the device created by the twomterrifics simply negated the gravity effect of the sun so that earth continued on its trajectory without the suns gravity to keep it in an orbit. Earth mass is estimated at 57,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000kg. Due to the fact that E2 has four f%#ing big holes blown straght through its core probably quite a bit less for it. Its orbit speed is 30,000 m/s. The feat is nothing because he didnt carry or pull the weight against a force so there is no "weight". The only effort is in the impulse or change in momentum. You yourself confirm that it took him two issues so it was hardly quick. Impulse is change in velocity over time. If it it took him days to stop 30,000m/s than its anon feat. Tha fact that it took so long makes it less. Lets remember that for the planet to move at all when in the gravity well of a sun is against what gravity wants to happen (unless its moving toward the sun which it wasn't) the very forces of nature were against him.

As for E2 Supeman. He, WW, Batman, Supergirl and all Darksied's minions and parademons were bested by Terry sloane and a a few bombs and some prep. Pardon me if mm I'm not impressed when his clone beats up someheroes who've had their powers for only days and had at that point done almost nothing with them. They were all al, ost stomped by nu52 Grundy, Alan lucked a win and almost got himself killed doing it. What had Kalid done with the helmmof Nabu to that point?jow many times had Jay shown a totla lackmof confidence in b oth himself and his ability? Alan was so cocky he wentminnhalf assed and only did well duemto bravado etc, grundy almost had him dead. Foe more thannhalf the current run they have all been shown as nothing, GOD how I wish it weren't the case theremis no one who's a greater JSA fanboy than me and I jumpmto their defence on every forum everywhere but the nu52 has been far FAR from kind to earth 2 and the JSA

carver9
Let's compare fts.

Bill has punched a hole clean through Galactus with a blast.

Survived near/in a star that was going Nova.

Survived the pull of a Black Hole.

Withstood a planet exploding on him.

Crushed a planet using Stardust body as a hammer.

Do I need to continue? That one ft does not put Alan over Bill, let alone on his level. Bill wins this.

krisblaze
^Alan also survived the pull of the black hole, when he was saving earth.

That's why it's so impressive smile

abhilegend
Star masters had a different BRB, and he still stopped a black hole didn't he? And it certainly seemed like star masters had a different take on the power of black holes.

I'm not sure what instance you're referring to in annihilators. I might not have read it.

Bill doesn't have the powerset to duplicate Alan's feat, but I'm certain he has the raw power. I have no doubt that he'd be able to break through whatever Alan creates smile
That was before BRB was reborn by surfer IIRC.

And he teleported the black hole away. He couldn't stop the asteroid around it.

It happened off panel but he needed surfer help in moving a planet in issue 4.

I doubt it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
And how exactly do you figure that? You cant even quantify the feat its not like we know what force is on the earth when he does it. Lets say that the device created by the twomterrifics simply negated the gravity effect of the sun so that earth continued on its trajectory without the suns gravity to keep it in an orbit. Earth mass is estimated at 57,200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000kg. Due to the fact that E2 has four f%#ing big holes blown straght through its core probably quite a bit less for it. Its orbit speed is 30,000 m/s. The feat is nothing because he didnt carry or pull the weight against a force so there is no "weight". The only effort is in the impulse or change in momentum. You yourself confirm that it took him two issues so it was hardly quick. Impulse is change in velocity over time. If it it took him days to stop 30,000m/s than its anon feat. Tha fact that it took so long makes it less. Lets remember that for the planet to move at all when in the gravity well of a sun is against what gravity wants to happen (unless its moving toward the sun which it wasn't) the very forces of nature were against him.

As for E2 Supeman. He, WW, Batman, Supergirl and all Darksied's minions and parademons were bested by Terry sloane and a a few bombs and some prep. Pardon me if mm I'm not impressed when his clone beats up someheroes who've had their powers for only days and had at that point done almost nothing with them. They were all al, ost stomped by nu52 Grundy, Alan lucked a win and almost got himself killed doing it. What had Kalid done with the helmmof Nabu to that point?jow many times had Jay shown a totla lackmof confidence in b oth himself and his ability? Alan was so cocky he wentminnhalf assed and only did well duemto bravado etc, grundy almost had him dead. Foe more thannhalf the current run they have all been shown as nothing, GOD how I wish it weren't the case theremis no one who's a greater JSA fanboy than me and I jumpmto their defence on every forum everywhere but the nu52 has been far FAR from kind to earth 2 and the JSA
I don't know what you are talking about but on panel it was described as Alan holding the whole earth and stopping it from moving.

Do you know how boom tunes work?

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
a.) If you're going to post scans in this thread: please post thumbnails, or don't post at all. I appreciate the effort, but full-size images are extremely annoying and require much more bandwidth to load.

b.) I had originally posted those scans here like 3+ years ago, but Imageshack took a shit, apparently. Here is the whole scene again(with thumbnails)...

Bill manifests a storm capable of blocking magical energies that were being emitted from a Black Sun:
http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21281178_163121.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21281183_7823529.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21281184_283817.jpg http://s3d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21281185_9658423.jpg

Additionally, both Surfer AND Gladiator pay homage to Bill in the third scan...

Surfer: "Asgardian Fury. One of the few things in the universe that gives me pause."

Gladiator: "I know what you mean. In the service of Chandilar I've seen a thousand wars on a thousand worlds. Men like Beta-Ray serve to remind me how humble we should be in the face of this universe."

DarkSaint85

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boom-Tunes-Portable-Speaker-Black/dp/B00CDRVHNM

krisblaze
Abhi, you don't know how motherboxes work you dumb mother****er.

Not even Morrison knows how they work.
That was before BRB was reborn by surfer IIRC.

And he teleported the black hole away. He couldn't stop the asteroid around it.

It happened off panel but he needed surfer help in moving a planet in issue 4.

I doubt it.

The black hole was a huge threat though, and it wasn't a stationary thing. It's not the same as keeping something from being pulled into the black hole.

How is Bill going to move a planet though? There's no way for him to move a planet without destroying it.

That's ridiculous. Bill's problem (and in part Thor's problem) is that he doesn't utilize the power within Stormbreaker enough. The mild portion that alan channels from the green is most assuredly less than the portion of the Odinforce that Bill taps into.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boom-Tunes-Portable-Speaker-Black/dp/B00CDRVHNM laughing out loudOriginally posted by krisblaze
Abhi, you don't know how motherboxes work you dumb mother****er.

Not even Morrison knows how they work. Whoa, why hostile?

And I was talking about boom tubes.
That doesn't excuse his inability to stop the asteroid. Quasar was there, he could have asked for a harness Ala superman and Hal.

That's arbitrary enough as it is.

krisblaze
laughing out loud
That doesn't excuse his inability to stop the asteroid. Quasar was there, he could have asked for a harness Ala superman and Hal.

That's arbitrary enough as it is.
Bill not asking Quasar to create a harness for him has nothing to do with him not having enough power.

Given the status of most writers it's not reasonable to start attributing lack of creativity to a character.

It's well within Stormbreaker and Mjolnir's capabilities to accomplish things on that scale.

Fair enough, pointless comment on my end.

beatboks
I don't know what you are talking about but on panel it was described as Alan holding the whole earth and stopping it from moving.

If you mean boom tubes then yes I do. They creste dimensional rifts through soace.mits also stated that they alter the size of those who travel through them (its the reason why nrw gods wjo are giants o new genisis and apokalips are human size on earth and vice versa), in which case what does no longer has the same mass either. Congrats you just succeeded in making the fest less impressive. Know what they don't do? Exerta force on anything. With no force mass is meaningless (my point). In the absence of grsvity I could "lift" a hundred tons. In one sixth earths gravity humans can make super jumps, does that make a human on the moon as impressive as a suoer strength hero?

BRB actually has feats of note, Alan really doesn't by comparison.

abhilegend
Bill not asking Quasar to create a harness for him has nothing to do with him not having enough power.

Given the status of most writers it's not reasonable to start attributing lack of creativity to a character.

It's well within Stormbreaker and Mjolnir's capabilities to accomplish things on that scale.

Fair enough, pointless comment on my end.
OK agree to disagree. Originally posted by beatboks
If you mean boom tubes then yes I do. They creste dimensional rifts through soace.mits also stated that they alter the size of those who travel through them (its the reason why nrw gods wjo are giants o new genisis and apokalips are human size on earth and vice versa), in which case what does no longer has the same mass either. Congrats you just succeeded in making the fest less impressive. Know what they don't do? Exerta force on anything. With no force mass is meaningless (my point). In the absence of grsvity I could "lift" a hundred tons. In one sixth earths gravity humans can make super jumps, does that make a human on the moon as impressive as a suoer strength hero?

BRB actually has feats of note, Alan really doesn't by comparison.
What are you babbling? That's preboot and happens after travelling through tunes.

I was talking about sucking the planet in by force via a boom tube. Alan counteracts the force and stopped earth from moving.

There you go.

krisblaze
^We don't disagree as much as you think though.

Do you really feel like the odinforce doesn't go deep enough to keep the planet from being moved when a motherbox is trying to suck it in?

abhilegend
^We don't disagree as much as you think though.

Do you really feel like the odinforce doesn't go deep enough to keep the planet from being moved when a motherbox is trying to suck it in?
Cumulative power? Yeah, that would be enough. But then I recall mjolnir and storm breaker being totally drained of power when energizer koed Kurse with it.

I dunno.

krisblaze
I've never seen the Energizer come close to absorbing anything even remotely close to the galaxy-spanning power of Mjolnir/Stormbreaker though...

Even so, it was an amped Kurse. No telling what kind of power it took to take him out. Hardly a testament to Mjolnir/Stormbreaker lacking power.

Seems more like you're lowballing out of your mind here :/

Sin I AM
I don't see y brb couldn't move a planet when he's lifted asgard albeit with help. Planet pushing is really a thing in marvel.

abhilegend
I've never seen the Energizer come close to absorbing anything even remotely close to the galaxy-spanning power of Mjolnir/Stormbreaker though...

Even so, it was an amped Kurse. No telling what kind of power it took to take him out. Hardly a testament to Mjolnir/Stormbreaker lacking power.

Seems more like you're lowballing out of your mind here :/
Galaxy spanning? Wut? Where did you come with that?

Amped Kurse? And I doubt it took galaxy level power to ko him. And beyonder had to refill both hammers, they were totally empty.

I am recalling the only instance of both hammer being totally empty of power.

erm

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I don't see y brb couldn't move a planet when he's lifted asgard albeit with help. Planet pushing is really a thing in marvel.
Lifting a city with the help of Odin force Thor means he can move a planet? no expression

krisblaze
Galaxy spanning? Wut? Where did you come with that?

Amped Kurse? And I doubt it took galaxy level power to ko him. And beyonder had to refill both hammers, they were totally empty.

I am recalling the only instance of both hammer being totally empty of power.

erm

The power of the hammers. Reigning suns, destroying planets, laying down skyfathers.

Amped Kurse questionmark? Did you forget about him being amped or something? You can doubt as much as you did, but that's what it took...

Okay, that's great. They've been fully drained before, but if that was the case then it sure as shit wouldn't be a low feat considering the other things they've accomplished.

So yeah, lowballing, per usual.

abhilegend
The power of the hammers. Reigning suns, destroying planets, laying down skyfathers.

Amped Kurse questionmark? Did you forget about him being amped or something? You can doubt as much as you did, but that's what it took...

Okay, that's great. They've been fully drained before, but if that was the case then it sure as shit wouldn't be a low feat considering the other things they've accomplished.

So yeah, lowballing, per usual.
What? Absorbing the energy of a sun is now mjolnir power. Which sky father's have they actually beaten anyway?

It was Kurse as he appeared the most of the time. It wasn't him being amped. Considering he was killed by some trolls in Ragnarok off panel, I doubt it took galaxy level power to beat him.

Yeah sure. Whatever, I do think the hammer is powerful enough on its own to move planet. There you go.

Sin I AM
Lifting a city with the help of Odin force Thor means he can move a planet? no expression

What I'm saying is it's within his powerset to do they just dont do it. And planet pushing is rare in marvel as opposed to dc

abhilegend
What I'm saying is it's within his powerset to do they just dont do it. And planet pushing is rare in marvel as opposed to dc
That's just using no limit fallacy.

Seeing how often someone destroys a planet in marvel? Nope.

Sin I AM
That's just using no limit fallacy.

Seeing how often someone destroys a planet in marvel? Nope.

Wtf are you blathering about? I'm making an observation not establishing canon and pointing out the possibility of it happening not stating fact. None of that cheese shite matters anyway in this battle as it's not combat related.

abhilegend
Wtf are you blathering about? I'm making an observation not establishing canon and pointing out the possibility of it happening not stating fact. None of that cheese shite matters anyway in this battle as it's not combat related.
Yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. Gotcha.

Sin I AM

Qft abhi, my statement was all conjecture. Nowhere did i state anything as fact. Go nitpick someone elses posts.

abhilegend
Qft abhi, my statement was all conjecture. Nowhere did i state anything as fact. Go nitpick someone elses posts. Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

I forgive you sin.

krisblaze
It looks like Alan became even stronger after he was resurrected

"Id"
Good, Alan can hold up a planet, so Bill can smash it to bits.

Horse face will smash Alan's face in, period.

eaebiakuya
I agree.

Is harder destroy a planet than hold one. Bill survived more than one planet explosion.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
I agree.

Is harder destroy a planet than hold one. Bill survived more than one planet explosion.
Is that why Bill can destroy a planet but needs surfer's help to move a planet off panel? Because stopping a motherbox from sucking in earth ****ing shits on destroying an unnamed planet.

h1a8
Originally posted by "Id"
Good, Alan can hold up a planet, so Bill can smash it to bits.

Horse face will smash Alan's face in, period. Why do people keep using the planet busting feat for BRB. It doesn't apply to a forum fight at all.

Battle distance is .5km
Bill achieved the feat by ramming into the planet from astronomical distances away (lots of time to accelerate to critical speeds).

Bill will not have that luxury here so the feat is inapplicable.

"Id"
Zero phucks are given to Alan space cheese when Two black holes side by side could not produce enough force to hold Bill down.

Bill is going to unleah planet smashing hammer blows across Alan cranium.

/end

abhilegend
Zero phucks are given to such a meaningless feat when all he did was destroy the machine creating those black holes. He didn't even enter the black holes.

krisblaze
Ah right, now I remember. BRB in the Eden one-shot, he encountered black holes then.

"Id"
Repeat with me.
Holy Molly Doughnut Shop.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/835655/holey-moley-donut-shop-o.gif

Ok one more time.

Holy Molly Doughnut Shop.

One can NOT delude themselves into believing, Alan wins because he held a planet at bay. What is the face value of that space cheese? How is that applied in a combat scene?

If Alan attempts to hold Bill at bay, than guess what? Holy Molly Bill is going to break free, and make a doughnut out of Alan's Face.

Oh look a free Doughnut for Alan.

abhilegend
Or Alan beats the shit out of Bill with energy attacks and constructs that powerful.

krisblaze
We haven't seen many constructs out of Alan post-resurrection.

Just shields and domes.

Board Walker
Starheart > BRB + Thor

Glorificus
Beta Ray Bill.

quanchi112
Bill wins. Space cheese means shit.

"Id"
Or Alan beats the shit out of Bill with energy attacks and constructs that powerful. Holy Molly Doughnut Shop.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/835655/holey-moley-donut-shop-o.gif

Golgo13
Originally posted by Board Walker
Starheart > BRB + Thor

This is DCnU Alan. Pre-Flashpoint would be way too much. Still, DCnU Alan has the potential to be just as powerful as he's connected to the Green.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.