Gamora vs. Batman with twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Pre DcNu Batman (post Crisis) is fighting with morals off (is willing to kill and maim) and equipped with a single adamantium-like katana sword, along with his standard equipment. The sword weighs 3lb but is as durable as primary adamantium and is as sharp as Wolverine's adamantium claws. He is fighting Gamora. Gamora gets no weapons and fights barehanded.
Standard battle distance and battlefield.
Who wins and why?

Bonus fight?
DcNu Batman against Gamora with the same stips as above but he has 2 swords instead of 1.

pym-ftw
Still Gamora...

Wei Phoenix
You really want Batman to win against the person he's losing to in another thread?

Stoic
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You really want Batman to win against the person he's losing to in another thread?

Exactly. Not sure what's so hard to understand about Gamora being too strong, and fast for a peak human? She'd do the same thing to Captain America. The sword/s only give her the opportunity to kick him in the belly, and dislodge them from his hands. She would then dice him up, if he happens to still be awake from the mule kick.

shiv
Batman Receives the Information from KMC.

Gamora: Female. Alien. Assasin. Meta. Enhanced Speed. Enhanced Strength. Instantaneous Healing. Class A H2H Combat Skills. Ruthless.

Gamora Receives Information from KMC.

Batman. Male. Terran. Hero. Flatscan. Class A H2H Combat Skills. Resourceful. Does Not Kill.

Gamora's gonna like that.

Nice Quick Easy Kill.

Bloodlust or No Bloodlust.

Batman isn't going to do anything Retarded like go on a 1 kilometer/2 kilometer walk to meet Gamora and start exchanging blows.

Gamora is gonna want to get this over and done with. Like: A.S.A.P.

She is going to put one leg in front of the other and walk right up to him and Kill Him.

Knowing Batman the resourceful flatscan doesn't kill will make her very confident about that.

Batmans going to watch her come at him.

And When She's In Range.

(Remember He Wears Lenses and Ear Defenders)

Flash Bang.

And Gamora's Lying Flat on Her Back with a Neck Full of Adamantium.

Gamora: *gurgle* y-y-you're not supposed to do that.

Batman: Oops, Sorry.

*Rooting Around In His Utitlity Belt For A Cryorang*

Oh This will make you feel better.

Batman Locates His Smartphone and teleports her head off.

KingD19
You put waaaaay too much effort into that for it to be as wrong as it is.

Silent Master
Translation of the Bat-fanboy argument: Batman can win as long as he acts massively OOC and Gamora just stands there and lets him attack.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
You put waaaaay too much effort into that for it to be as wrong as it is.

I know right. An assassin that did thorough research on Gamora shot her in the back with a disruptor when she wasn't expecting it, and she got right back up. The gun was supposed to take all of the fight out of her. Gamora is just better than Batman, and it's not as if she won't see him reaching for items in his utility belt either. Batman gets away with a lot of crap in the comics, but their comics. h1a8 knows that he has no chance, which is why he's sending her in to fight without her standard gear.

Wei Phoenix
What if I told you that Batman could lose a fight to Gamora and still be a great comic book character? What if I told you that losing to her doesn't detract or steal away from anything that makes him great.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Stoic
I know right. An assassin that did thorough research on Gamora shot her in the back with a disruptor when she wasn't expecting it, and she got right back up. The gun was supposed to take all of the fight out of her. Gamora is just better than Batman, and it's not as if she won't see him reaching for items in his utility belt either. Batman gets away with a lot of crap in the comics, but their comics. h1a8 knows that he has no chance, which is why he's sending her in to fight without her standard gear.

It is also why he only applied the bloodlust to Batman, what he doesn't seem to realize is that Gamora has no rule against killing, especially when the person is actively trying to kill her.

TheLordofMurder
Gamora's head ends up as an ornament on the gates of WAYNE manor...

pym-ftw
How? She holds every single advantage.

TheLordofMurder
Physical advantages are useless against THE GODDAMNED BATMAN!!!

Silent Master
Originally posted by pym-ftw
How? She holds every single advantage.

LoM is too busy playing with his Batman dolls, you'll have to forgive him.

shiv
What an idiot.

Should have shot her in the neck.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master
LoM is too busy playing with his Batman dolls, you'll have to forgive him.

I dont own any dolls...

tkitna
Batman looks like a martini olive after Gamora jams the sword down his throat.

KingD19
Originally posted by tkitna
Batman looks like a martini olive after Gamora jams the sword down his throat.

They put black olives in Martini's?

h1a8
How? She holds every single advantage. by feats batman is faster and more skilled. But the adamantium sword advantage offset her advantages

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
by feats batman is faster and more skilled. But the adamantium sword advantage offset her advantages

Agreed.

thumb up

On a serious note, Batman has better feats than she does...

Batman wins this...

Stoic
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What if I told you that Batman could lose a fight to Gamora and still be a great comic book character? What if I told you that losing to her doesn't detract or steal away from anything that makes him great.

I feel the exact same way.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I dont own any dolls...

I notice you didn't denying playing with dolls, just that the dolls you play with don't belong to you.

Time Immemorial
I notice you didn't denying playing with dolls, just that the dolls you play with don't belong to you.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

TheLordofMurder

thumb down

Sin I AM
Why is the sword always adamantium? Its not the only fictional metal. Steel would be just as useful in this match

pym-ftw
by feats batman is faster and more skilled. But the adamantium sword advantage offset her advantages ... Gamora is superhumanly fast and arguably as skilled

Stoic
... Gamora is superhumanly fast and arguably as skilled

He probably thinks that Batman could take Adam Warlock as well, just give him some swords, and turn of CIS, and Batman becomes faster and, stronger. Let's just forget all about Batman being peak human while we're at it.

TheLordofMurder
He probably thinks that Batman could take Adam Warlock as well, just give him some swords, and turn of CIS, and Batman becomes faster and, stronger. Let's just forget all about Batman being peak human while we're at it.

The writers forgot he was peak human over 20 years ago...

He has been written up so many times since then that we should all just drop the notion that he's street level and just accept that he's a full blown superhuman...

pym-ftw
He's street level, you realize there are legitimate superhumans in the tier right so even still Bruce isn't in a low meta catagory either.

TheLordofMurder
He's street level, you realize there are legitimate superhumans in the tier right so even still Bruce isn't in a low meta catagory either.

He should be...

And so should Cap and Bane...

All 3 are clearly superhuman...

pym-ftw
And Daredevil

And Elektra

And....

There are legitimate superhumans in the street tier.

TheLordofMurder
What is the criteria to qualify as a meta?

Evidently being superhuman alone isn't enough...

tkitna
What is the criteria to qualify as a meta?

Evidently being superhuman alone isn't enough...

Beating Gamora

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by tkitna
Beating Gamora

laughing out loud

Then THE GODDAMNED BATMAN!!!!! qualifies...

wink

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Why is the sword always adamantium? Its not the only fictional metal. Steel would be just as useful in this match

Not really. Because adamantium can cut no matter what is the strengh of the user (yes it dont make sense but...).

A steel sword maybe dont even could cut Gamora, or Batman will not have the strengh to cut her.

DarkSaint85
Tierings alone don't mean much.

Rose Tattoo is in the High Street Tier. She'd stomp well above her paygrade.

Hulk is a mid-Herald, arguably a High Herald, and he'd be stomped by people below.

Everyone knows Batman does feats that no peak human can achieve. Hell, I argued back and forth with h1a8 on Batman vs Ozymandias, so yes, I would say I am well aware of Batman's speed and reaction feats (he was arguind that Ozy would win).

That suddenly does not bring him up to Gamora's level, no way. None of us are arguing that Batman loses because he is a mere human.

We all agree she is stronger. Faster? I'd argue yes, due to her muscles (look how muscular sprinters are).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KNENRKI0vBk/T01xXY8shII/AAAAAAAAAnU/15So96Cr-1o/s512/052.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Can we present feats that put Batman over Gamora in any stat that he is claimed to be superior?

KingD19
He's a man...so he has more penis than she does.

Stoic
And Daredevil

And Elektra

And....

There are legitimate superhumans in the street tier.

And Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Night Wing, Robin, Shang Chi, Frank Castle, Owlman... etc... etc.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Tierings alone don't mean much.

Rose Tattoo is in the High Street Tier. She'd stomp well above her paygrade.

Hulk is a mid-Herald, arguably a High Herald, and he'd be stomped by people below.

Everyone knows Batman does feats that no peak human can achieve. Hell, I argued back and forth with h1a8 on Batman vs Ozymandias, so yes, I would say I am well aware of Batman's speed and reaction feats (he was arguind that Ozy would win).

That suddenly does not bring him up to Gamora's level, no way. None of us are arguing that Batman loses because he is a mere human.

We all agree she is stronger. Faster? I'd argue yes, due to her muscles (look how muscular sprinters are).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KNENRKI0vBk/T01xXY8shII/AAAAAAAAAnU/15So96Cr-1o/s512/052.jpg

Exactly, and look at the very scan that you posted. Ronan is a giant of a man. Comic book peak human would be considered super human compared to real life humans, but they aren't when compared to what is classified as super human in the comics. Do you have the scan of Batman attempting to curl those dumb bells, and nearly tore his skeletal ligament? I don't see him casually throwing Ronan 100 or more feet like a baseball. As for the sprinter comment, i am extremely fast, and i have run track. The training is tough, and if you want to win, you'd better be strong, and you have to do weights.

h1a8
... Gamora is superhumanly fast and arguably as skilled Batman has better speed and reaction feats. I say Batman wins this fight by slicing off her leg when she tries to kick Batman.

h1a8
And Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Night Wing, Robin, Shang Chi, Frank Castle, Owlman... etc... etc.

Exactly, and look at the very scan that you posted. Ronan is a giant of a man. Comic book peak human would be considered super human compared to real life humans, but they aren't when compared to what is classified as super human in the comics. Do you have the scan of Batman attempting to curl those dumb bells, and nearly tore his skeletal ligament? I don't see him casually throwing Ronan 100 or more feet like a baseball. As for the sprinter comment, i am extremely fast, and i have run track. The training is tough, and if you want to win, you'd better be strong, and you have to do weights. You are forgetting that Batman has an adamantium sword here. The moment she throws an attack, batman would lop a limb off instead of blocking the attack.

Silent Master
You're forgetting that Gamora is extremely fast and skilled herself, and has enough strength to cause environmental damage that would make things very difficult for Batman.

KingD19
I also see Batman having trouble cutting as deeply as some people believe. He'll have the same problem Logan does from time to time when it comes to fighting people way out of his weight class. His claws can cut through anything, but he doesn't have the power to cut through higher class materials and durability. And with two swords that means Bruce will get even less power.

h1a8
You're forgetting that Gamora is extremely fast and skilled herself, and has enough strength to cause environmental damage that would make things very difficult for Batman. Explain environmental damage. What could she possibly try? Yes she is fast, but not faster than what Batman can react and respond to.

I also see Batman having trouble cutting as deeply as some people believe. He'll have the same problem Logan does from time to time when it comes to fighting people way out of his weight class. His claws can cut through anything, but he doesn't have the power to cut through higher class materials and durability. And with two swords that means Bruce will get even less power. She is at best durable as titanium. Logan can cleanly slice and stab through materials far more durable than titanium. Logan is only a little stronger than Batman as they both have a small degree of superhuman strength. Batman should have no problem slicing through titanium like a hot knife through butter, similar to what Logan would do.

Silent Master
Explain environmental damage. What could she possibly try? Yes she is fast, but not faster than what Batman can react and respond to.

What happens in comics when a cl 60-70 stomps or punches the ground? BTW, Batman is not faster than Gamora can react to, which your Batman slices of her legs would require.

h1a8
What happens in comics when a cl 60-70 stomps or punches the ground? BTW, Batman is not faster than Gamora can react to, which your Batman slices of her legs would require. Nothing.

Batman is arguable faster than Gamora based off feats. His feats of reactions are also better than hers.

Silent Master
Nothing.

Obvious troll is obvious.

DarkSaint85

Maths time, please.

Ronan is 480lb (or 218kg). How fast would Gamora have to be travelling to sweep him up in her updraft as she runs past him?

h1a8
Obvious troll is obvious.

What can HAS a class 60 did to the ground in a comic book that supports it being able to affect Batman?

Silent Master
Maths time, please.

Ronan is 480lb (or 218kg). How fast would Gamora have to be travelling to sweep him up in her updraft as she runs past him?

According to h1a8, 25% of Batman's walking speed.

h1a8
Maths time, please.

Ronan is 480lb (or 218kg). How fast would Gamora have to be travelling to sweep him up in her updraft as she runs past him? Appears that she made contact with him.

DarkSaint85
Appears that she made contact with him.

And all the rocks that are also flying up around him?

Silent Master
And all the rocks that are also flying up around him?

He's trolling, the sound effect shown is (whooom), which doesn't match up with Gamora knocking him into the air via punching/hitting.

DarkSaint85
Here's a larger pic size:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/15047/993102-annihilationronan3007vz4.jpg

Now, 218kg is erring on the v.light side - he has armour on, AND he has the Universal Weapon, which was all swept up in the updraft. Something which, tbh, I've only really seen Flashes do.

So yeah, how fast would she have have to be travelling to sweep a 250kg (rounding up, so a quarter of a ton) guy about...10 feet into the air?

Stoic
You are forgetting that Batman has an adamantium sword here. The moment she throws an attack, batman would lop a limb off instead of blocking the attack.

Or he would be moving at a rate of speed below hers, because she is naturally faster than he is due to the fact that she possesses more strength, without any bulk to get in the way of her using that speed with her increased agility. Just because you turned off CIS, and gave him swords, does not somehow increase his physical stats. He still loses. He does have super human abilities compared to real life people, but compared to people listed as having super human stats in comics, he would still be listed as peak human. Gamora is above peak human. She does everything that he can do, but faster, and with more force.

h1a8

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/15047/993102-annihilationronan3007vz4.jpg

Now, 218kg is erring on the v.light side - he has armour on, AND he has the Universal Weapon, which was all swept up in the updraft. Something which, tbh, I've only really seen Flashes do.

So yeah, how fast would she have have to be travelling to sweep a 250kg (rounding up, so a quarter of a ton) guy about...10 feet into the air? It still appears that she made contact with him.

Stoic
It still appears that she made contact with him.

He still flew up in the air. When has Batman ever been shown to move that fast? If he was as fast as she was, he wouldn't need a Batmobile to get around with. If he could keep up with her in strength, he wouldn't need to fire off a grappling hoof to reach the top of a building. Gamora literally jumped as far as she threw Ronan. How far would Batman be able to throw that much weight? She threw him like he was a baseball. Then you attempt to discredit a feat that makes Batman look like a snail, and you only response is that she appeared to have hit him. Darksaint asked you a quaestion, but you then decided to ignore it.

He asked you, but what about the rocks that were caught up in the wake of her speed? What did you do? Listen Bruce is slower than she is, by quite a bit. He would not get the chance to hit her, because when he cocked his arm back to swing, she will have already popped him, and taken the sword/s away from him. She would then perform surgery on him. You know that he can't beat her, and that she is superior to him, which is why you gave him all of these tools, and left her with nothing but her skill.

DarkSaint85
It still appears that she made contact with him.

And the rocks that also flew up around him?

We see her running fast.

There is a 'Whoom!' sound.

We see that he was thrown up so violently, he did a somersault in the air (note the speed lines around Ronan's right hand and feet). How would you hit someone in such a manner that they twirl in the air like that? Where would you hit them, if they were lying on the ground? In the head? That would be more akin to a weird scooping motion upwards, than a punch - whilst your direction of movement is going perpendicular in a forwards movement.

Is THAT what you're going for? Rather than a much simpler explanation that he was caught in her updraft?

Silent Master

We see her running fast.

We see that he was thrown up so violently, he did a somersault in the air (note the speed lines around Ronan's right hand and feet). How would you hit someone in such a manner that they twirl in the air like that? Where would you hit them, if they were lying on the ground? In the head? That would be more akin to a weird scooping motion upwards, than a punch - whilst your direction of movement is going perpendicular in a forwards movement.

Is THAT what you're going for? Rather than a much simpler explanation that he was caught in her updraft?

Like I said, he is just trolling.

Stoic

We see her running fast.

This is like giving Captain America, or a healthy US Agent swords, and expecting him to beat classic Lobo. How do we prove that Lobo is vastly superior to them in just about every physical way?

KingD19
Gamora's got a nice ass.

h1a8

We see her running fast.

Is THAT what you're going for? Rather than a much simpler explanation that he was caught in her updraft? Ronan WAS in the very same spot as her speed lines are now. That's why I conclude that she made contact with him. Any kind of contact of decent speed or strength can whirl anyone any kind of way really.

This is like giving Captain America, or a healthy US Agent swords, and expecting him to beat classic Lobo. How do we prove that Lobo is vastly superior to them in just about every physical way? The strength and durability difference between Lobo and Cap is astronomically more than Gamora and Batman. Also the skill difference isn't nearly the same.

Like I said, he is just trolling.

How so? It is more believable that she made contact with him than not. Even Stoic believe that she made contact with him and he is arguing for Gamora. So we are both trolling?

pym-ftw
Winter Soldier > Gamora > Batman

Undeniable facts thumb up

h1a8
Winter Soldier > Gamora > Batman

Undeniable facts thumb up I disagree. But that's irrelevant in this fight since Batman has an adamantium sword and morals off to even things out.

Silent Master
How so? It is more believable that she made contact with him than not. Even Stoic believe that she made contact with him and he is arguing for Gamora. So we are both trolling?

There is nothing in the scene that actually indicates she hit him, you're just making stuff up because you don't want to admit how fast she is.

Silent Master

So yeah, how fast would she have have to be travelling to sweep a 250kg (rounding up, so a quarter of a ton) guy about...10 feet into the air?

He is never going to give you a real answer, he'll just keep trolling.

DarkSaint85
Ronan WAS in the very same spot as her speed lines are now. That's why I conclude that she made contact with him. Any kind of contact of decent speed or strength can whirl anyone any kind of way really.

The strength and durability difference between Lobo and Cap is astronomically more than Gamora and Batman. Also the skill difference isn't nearly the same.

Why is it more believable? Because you don't believe she's that fast?

So you think she scooped him up into the air, and flipped him so that he could spin? And then did the same to all the little rocks?

Stoic

So you think she scooped him up into the air, and flipped him so that he could spin? And then did the same to all the little rocks?

If that were the case, she'd be faster than we all thought. Overall she's too fast for him, and she would get the first hit in, and that first hit would likely jar him so much that the sword, or swords would be dislodged from his hand/s, and then.... Well we know what would happen then. Gamora would be a huge problem for Batman to deal with on average, and I think that most people can see this.

shiv
Can Gamora move fasster than an arrow fired from Green Arrow's Bow?

Silent Master

thumb up

Board Walker
Batman can speed blitz flash, physically dominate superman, and keep up with Karate Kid in combat skill.

Batman stomps Gamora 10/10

Stoic
Originally posted by shiv

Arrows are considerably slower than bullets.

Stoic
Originally posted by Board Walker
Batman can speed blitz flash, physically dominate superman, and keep up with Karate Kid in combat skill.

Batman stomps Gamora 10/10

Oh so Batman moves as fast as light now? Good to know.

Board Walker
This is an extremely high powered gun, each round is being propelled at speeds that exceed the speed of sound. Batmn was dodging multiple shots being fired from an automatic weapon at point blank, batman is at the very least able to move at mach 1 speed for extended periods of time.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122758/2548084-batman585-batacrobat4.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by shiv

For those who want to calculate it, preDCnU, GAs bow had a 110lb draw weight (he says so when he's choking Grundy out).

deathlife
Still Gamora

Stoic
For those who want to calculate it, preDCnU, GAs bow had a 110lb draw weight (he says so when he's choking Grundy out).

When do you hear an arrow go BOOOM when fired? A bullet is still considerably faster than an arrow... any arrow.

Stoic
Originally posted by Board Walker
This is an extremely high powered gun, each round is being propelled at speeds that exceed the speed of sound. Batmn was dodging multiple shots being fired from an automatic weapon at point blank, batman is at the very least able to move at mach 1 speed for extended periods of time.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122758/2548084-batman585-batacrobat4.jpg

For a normal human that's great, but to Gamora it isn't. She would make Batman into the statue, while she blitzes him. You can't even compare their speed. Gamora weighs less than he does, is smaller than he is, and many times stronger than he is. Don't even try to pretend that he is as fast as she is. He isn't, nor would it be possible for his weaker muscles to fire off the energy that her muscles fire off to propel his larger frame faster than she propels her smaller frame. This is just one of those situations that she literally can do anything that he can do, but better.

abhilegend
Bruce is faster than her. If anybody wants to compare their feats, it won't go well for her.

Reflassshh
Look at it carefully, Boardwalker, the robber shot multiple rounds before the sparkle of the fired bullets disappeared. Its a ftl+ feat, in fact.

Stoic
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Look at it carefully, Boardwalker, the robber shot multiple rounds before the sparkle of the fired bullets disappeared. Its a ftl+ feat, in fact.

Yeah he's faster than light, which is why he needs a car to get around right? I mean are you saying that Batman is as fast as the Flash? Only a moron would think that someone weaker, and heavier would be as fast as someone smaller, lighter, and much stronger. You have to use logic when it comes to these things.

Reflassshh
It's obvious I'm joking with the exaggeration present in some batman threads laughing out loud

Stoic
It's obvious I'm joking with the exaggeration present in some batman threads laughing out loud

I know you were, because I'm sure that you realized that you can run 30 MPH and weave to avoid being hit by bullets fired by a nervous person. Batman was a moving target, which is harder to hit, and even if he were to be hit, he has Kevlar weave in his costume. He had that thug shook from the door, which increased his chances of missing. It really doesn't take a mental giant to figure out that Gamora would make Bruce look slow.

Look at when she hits Thanos multiple times. Thanos is the same guy that put his hand up before Mjolnir hit him, or when he stopped the Fallen one from making contact with him while moving far faster than a bullet. He was unable to tag Gamora even once while she danced around him scoring hit after hit.

It says that Gamora is 6 ft tall and weighs 170lbs. I disagree with this because Ben Grimm is 6 ft tall, and she was considerably shorter than he is. I would give her 5'6" - 5'7" weighing roughly between 130 - 170lbs due to musculature, and able to lift between 60-70 tons. But lets say that she is as large as the handbooks give her. She would still be far faster than Batman who is 6'1" and weighs in at 210-215lbs who lifts at max 2000lbs (I'm being very generous here).

Reflassshh
Look at the Batman vs Wesker thread. Bruce will always win despite being far weaker, slower and durable than his opponent. Just because he's de B4TGOD!!!

Stoic
Look at the Batman vs Wesker thread. Bruce will always win despite being far weaker, slower and durable than his opponent. Just because he's de B4TGOD!!!

But in this case Gamora is just as skilled as he is if not more skilled. Wesker may not be as skilled as Batman which means everything when considering what kind of threats batman deals with. He would be in trouble from just attempting to block one of her hits. Just think about it, she knows how to throw a proper kick or punch to get the most out of it. One of her casual strikes would rip right through his bones if he attempted to block it. If the maximum weight that Gamora could lift were to be lowered onto Batman, he would burst like a bag of vomit. Bones wold be turned into paste, which shows that she is far more durable in just about every way. It's her skill that destroys him, because he has defeated characters stronger than she is, and perhaps even faster.

psycho gundam
When do you hear an arrow go BOOOM when fired? A bullet is still considerably faster than an arrow... any arrow. Wait wut?

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Wait wut?

Bullets are so fast that they break the speed of sound easily (BOOOM) you get it? Arrows travel far slower than the speed of sound, so tell me the next time you hear an arrow going BOOOM when fired. You won't, because they don't travel that fast.

psycho gundam
I just attribute the Boom to the gunpowder but maybe that's just me

KingD19
I just attribute the Boom to the gunpowder but maybe that's just me

Modern gunpowder doesn't explode. It burns. Guns go "BANG" because the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the speed of sound. And the noise is both the pressure wave the bullet makes upon exiting the barrel and the act of air rapidly filling the empty space left behind by the bullet.

Stoic
Modern gunpowder doesn't explode. It burns. Guns go "BANG" because the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the speed of sound. And the noise is both the pressure wave the bullet makes upon exiting the barrel and the act of air rapidly filling the empty space left behind by the bullet.

thumb up

You'd be hit before ever hearing the bang.

psycho gundam
Modern gunpowder doesn't explode. It burns. Guns go "BANG" because the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the speed of sound. And the noise is both the pressure wave the bullet makes upon exiting the barrel and the act of air rapidly filling the empty space left behind by the bullet. But the point is that an arrow fired from a torque bow cannot produce that considering the mechanics of firing it. There is no muzzle to facilitate the sound effect

Stoic
How fast does an arrow fly if it is fired from a Gears of War torque bow? You don't need a nuzzle for the bang sound either, it is the speed at which the object flies that does that on its own. Bullets break the speed of sound.

psycho gundam
You know I meant compound

Stoic
You know I meant compound

Oh lol my bad. I really didn't know. I thought that you were talking about a Gears of War style torque bow. A compound bow still shoots out arrows far slower than a bullet, and arrows have a considerable amount of drag compared to a bullet, because of how they are made or engineered. Google it if you don't believe me. A bullet travels far faster.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman beats Gamora without the sword. He is more skilled and faced worse. He went toe to toe with Gamoras superior, KK.

Silent Master
When did current DCNU Batman fight KK?

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman beats Gamora without the sword. He is more skilled and faced worse. He went toe to toe with Gamoras superior, KK.

That's just your opinion. Gamora would beat anyone that Batman could physically defeat while using skill. He is not more skilled than she is, while he is far weaker in every regard. He needs to stay down there in his tier. Too slow too weak, less durable equally skilled. He loses.

Board Walker

Muzzle flash for handguns occurs at a speed of 1050 frames per second, the dissipation rate for the muzzle flash is about .01 seconds for a handgun from start to finish.The enemy in question who fired at Batman was able to produce 5 shots of which none have yet to begin dissipating. This means 5 shots were produced within .01 seconds, this is because dissipation has not started for the first shot fired.

Furthermore we know that the average speed of a handgun round is 2500 feet per second, and the picture shows that 4 of the bullets made contact with the wall. So we can conclude that the distance from the barrel to the wall was 2500x.01 which comes out to 25 feet per .01 of a second.

Thus 5 bullets were within .01 of a second of which each was traveling at a speed of 25 feet per .01 second. Batman dodged 5 shots at point blank, meaning he accelerated beyond a speed of 25^5 feet per .01 second AKA 9,765,625 feet per .01 second.

Batman absolutely out classes Gamora in combat speed, reaction speed, and close quarters acceleration speed.

KingD19
Because clearly the artist can show a gunshot without showing the flash. And said flash can dissipate on panel.

It's even more obvious now that you just comprehend art in your own way. Usually wrong.

Board Walker
Because clearly the artist can show a gunshot without showing the flash. And said flash can dissipate on panel.

It's even more obvious now that you just comprehend art in your own way. Usually wrong.

No, it is clear you understand nothing about chemical combustion and or the physics of relative speed with distance.

The pictures where a gunshot is shown without a flash means the character perceiving it was too slow to process the speed of it, or it had already passed relative to the speed capacity of the character.

h1a8
There is nothing in the scene that actually indicates she hit him, you're just making stuff up because you don't want to admit how fast she is. The path lines appear to be in the same spot Ronan was lying. I'm not making anything up. I swear that is the first thing I thought when looking at the scan. I didn't even know it was posted as a speed feat. I thought it was posted as to use ABC logic Gamora >Ronan>Batman

Silent Master
The path lines appear to be in the same spot Ronan was lying. I'm not making anything up. I swear that is the first thing I thought when looking at the scan. I didn't even know it was posted as a speed feat. I thought it was posted as to use ABC logic Gamora >Ronan>Batman

There is no sound effect, dialogue or impact marking to show that she physically punched/kicked/knocked him into the air.

h1a8

So you think she scooped him up into the air, and flipped him so that he could spin? And then did the same to all the little rocks? To be honest it's not very clear what she did. I'm just telling you my first impressions and how I see the scan. She could have tripped kicked him in the process. What was she trying to do anyway? Fight him right? If she didn't hit him then what would be the purpose of just running past him without touching him? What sense does that make?

h1a8
There is no sound effect, dialogue or impact marking to show that she physically punched/kicked/knocked him into the air. Her path lines are in the same spot he was lying. So you are telling me that she became intangible when she went past him? Enough of this farce, she wasn't traveling no more than 200 mph

Silent Master
Her path lines are in the same spot he was lying. So you are telling me that she became intangible when she went past him? Enough of this farce, she wasn't traveling no more than 200 mph

I'm telling you that there is no sound effect, dialogue or impact marking to show that she physically punched/kicked/knocked him into the air.

In fact, the one sound effect used is one that lends credence to DS and Stoic's take on the scene.

h1a8
But in this case Gamora is just as skilled as he is if not more skilled. Wesker may not be as skilled as Batman which means everything when considering what kind of threats batman deals with. He would be in trouble from just attempting to block one of her hits. Just think about it, she knows how to throw a proper kick or punch to get the most out of it. One of her casual strikes would rip right through his bones if he attempted to block it. If the maximum weight that Gamora could lift were to be lowered onto Batman, he would burst like a bag of vomit. Bones wold be turned into paste, which shows that she is far more durable in just about every way. It's her skill that destroys him, because he has defeated characters stronger than she is, and perhaps even faster. Batman has some sick durability feats of tanking shit he has no business tanking. The same goes for CA.

Anyway, Batman has an adamantium sword here. Let's not forget that crucial fact. Her strength and durability advantage is nullified. Batman can basically one shot her. Any attack she throws can result in being maimed or killed.

h1a8
I'm telling you that there is no sound effect, dialogue or impact marking to show that she physically punched/kicked/knocked him into the air.

In fact, the one sound effect used is one that lends credence to DS and Stoic's take on the scene. Whooom is a sound effect. There is the fact that her speed line is in the same spot as Ronan was. You don't make the rules buddy. Logic does. Your type of evidence isn't the only type that exists.

h1a8
Modern gunpowder doesn't explode. It burns. Guns go "BANG" because the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the speed of sound. And the noise is both the pressure wave the bullet makes upon exiting the barrel and the act of air rapidly filling the empty space left behind by the bullet. wrong, most handgun bullets move slower than the speed of sound? Hell, some bullets move almost half the speed of sound. The boom is from the gun powder, like fireworks, like shooting blanks.

Silent Master
Whooom is a sound effect. There is the fact that her speed line is in the same spot as Ronan was. You don't make the rules buddy. Logic does. Your type of evidence isn't the only type that exists.

Show me some examples of whooom being used to denote physical impacts such as punching/kicking.

h1a8
Show me some examples of whooom being used to denote physical impacts such as punching/kicking. Show some examples of Whooom being used to denote the sound of the speed with no physical contact to anything solid.

Silent Master
Show some examples of Whooom being used to denote the sound of the speed with no physical contact to anything solid.

IOW, you can't.

h1a8
IOW, you can't. Same goes for you.

Silent Master
Same goes for you.

You're the one that was asked for proof, you couldn't provide it so you tried the troll tactic of "no, you".

Stoic

Stoic
Batman has some sick durability feats of tanking shit he has no business tanking. The same goes for CA.

Anyway, Batman has an adamantium sword here. Let's not forget that crucial fact. Her strength and durability advantage is nullified. Batman can basically one shot her. Any attack she throws can result in being maimed or killed.

Or she hits him before he hits her due to the fact that she is far faster than he is. As for the Whoom in the scan, where did you ever see her touch him? If you didn't actually see her touch him then two things could have happened, she either touched him, or he was caught up in her wake. Either way, she is moving faster than Batman can move. Durability? Are you claiming that he is as durable as she is? Okay let's say we lowered the maximum weight that she can press over her head onto his hands, and released that weight. Would he be able to hold the weight, or would he make the squishy sound?

h1a8
Or she hits him before he hits her due to the fact that she is far faster than he is. As for the Whoom in the scan, where did you ever see her touch him? If you didn't actually see her touch him then two things could have happened, she either touched him, or he was caught up in her wake. Either way, she is moving faster than Batman can move. Durability? Are you claiming that he is as durable as she is? Okay let's say we lowered the maximum weight that she can press over her head onto his hands, and released that weight. Would he be able to hold the weight, or would he make the squishy sound? I'm claiming Batman is more durable than what you are saying. Batman has batted bullets out of the way, caught arrows when they were only inches away. Dodged hail of bullets multiple times, blocked lasers, Dodged and weaved the OE, etc.

Gamora speed line is in the same spot where he was lying. Anyway, she was moving slower than a bullet. Batman has batted bullets out of the air and caught arrows from a few inches away. Some Bullets from handguns move about 35% faster than arrows. By batman reacting to something inches away without looking then he can react to something 5x faster from 5x more distance away. And that one feat is where you saying Gamora is faster. What other speed feats does she have?

h1a8

DarkSaint85
When did Batman dodge and weave the OE?

h1a8
You're the one that was asked for proof, you couldn't provide it so you tried the troll tactic of "no, you". You are the one trolling by ignoring evidence (her path lines are in the spot where he was lying) by only addressing the whoom part of my post (after you claimed there was no sound effects). Every time you ignore some evidence and just attack something else is called trolling. In other words, if I give multiple things and you address what you want and ignore the others then you are trolling.

h1a8
When did Batman dodge and weave the OE? After he struck DS in the face and DS shot a OE after him. Batman avoided it for a moment by evasive maneuvering and used a parademon to block it. So he didn't actually dodge it but used speed and agility to avoid being hit. I'm not sure what comic it is from as I haven't seen it in awhile. I'll try to find it.

Silent Master
You are the one trolling by ignoring evidence (her path lines are in the spot where he was lying) by only addressing the whoom part of my post (after you claimed there was no sound effects). Every time you ignore some evidence and just attack something else is called trolling. In other words, if I give multiple things and you address what you want and ignore the others then you are trolling.

I asked for proof, you said that you weren't going to provide any and then asked for me to prove you wrong...that is a classic troll move.

h1a8
I asked for proof, you said that you weren't going to provide any and then asked for me to prove you wrong...that is a classic troll move. I gave you evidence though. Her speed lines were in the spot Ronan was lying in. Unless she is a ghost or can go intangible then it's pretty strong evidence. You ignored it and attacked the whoom argument. That's called picking and choosing which arguments you want to attack while ignoring other valid evidence. In a nut shell, ignoring on panel evidence is trolling.

Silent Master
You argued that whooomp indicates physical contact, I asked for examples that back up your claim, you refused.

h1a8
You argued that whooomp indicates physical contact, I asked for examples that back up your claim, you refused. I also argued that her speed lines were in the same spot as him. This support that she made contact with him. This is relevant to the debate of whether she made contact with him. But you ignored this evidence as if it doesn't count. That's called trolling.

I argued that whoom was a sound effect, after you said THERE WAS NO SOUND EFFECT.

Silent Master
No, I said that they was no sound effect to indicate a physical hit, not that there was no sound effect at all...at which point you argued that the Whooomp sound effect indicated physical contact, so I asked for examples and you refused to do so...then you employed the troll move of trying to shift the burden of proof to me.

h1a8
No, I said that they was no sound effect to indicate a physical hit, not that there was no sound effect at all...at which point you argued that the Whooomp sound effect indicated physical contact, so I asked for examples and you refused to do so...then you employed the troll move of trying to shift the burden of proof to me. you claimed that whoom is not a sound effect for a physical hit. You did this by clearly stating that there was no sound effect to indicate a physical hit. So the burden of proof is on you.

Lastly, you are ignoring the fact that her speed lines appear to be in the same spot of where he was lying. I'm going to keep posting that fact. If you continue to ignore it while addressing me then you are trolling. You are not allowed to pick and choose what you want to address. If you engage in serious debate then you must address all on panel evidence brought up. Remember, it is a forum rule not to ignore on panel evidence.

Silent Master
Asking someone to prove a negative is retarded; I thought you were smarter than that, you're basically asking me to post scans from every comic that has ever been made.

Stop trolling.

Sin I AM
Why is this a thing?

Stoic
Why is this a thing?

It's a tactic to bring the irrelevant into play. Batman can not move that fast, so the speed lines, and whoom special fx were brought in to muddy this fact. She'd tap dance on his face. Follow Angela's new series, and it gives us an idea of just how fast Gamora actually is. She was able to keep up with Angela after all.

Sin I AM
Yea my thinking. Just curious why the thread lasted so long

Stoic
Yea my thinking. Just curious why the thread lasted so long

Because it's Batman. Just look at how long the Batman vs Spider Man thread lasted. Spider Man is much faster, and strong enough to punch a stretch limo across the width of a highway, but somehow Batman had a chance. In this case Gamora is even stronger than Spider Man, and has studied martial arts from over a dozen planets to near perfection, but Batman would somehow give her trouble.

Sin I AM
Well to batman and to a slightly lesser degree caps defense. That's like their unofficial power. To last well above their paygrade

h1a8
Yea my thinking. Just curious why the thread lasted so long because Batman has a sword that can one shot her easily. The moment she throws an attack, batman can block it with the sword, slicing the limb off.

h1a8
Because it's Batman. Just look at how long the Batman vs Spider Man thread lasted. Spider Man is much faster, and strong enough to punch a stretch limo across the width of a highway, but somehow Batman had a chance. In this case Gamora is even stronger than Spider Man, and has studied martial arts from over a dozen planets to near perfection, but Batman would somehow give her trouble. batman has a sword here with morals off. This is not a regular batman vs. Gamora fight. I bet you would still give Gamora the win if I gave batman the IG.

Anyway, strength won't play a part here. Spidey is possibly stronger than Gamora since his strength feats are beyond hers.

Batman can block her attack with his sword, slicing off the limb.

h1a8
No, I said that they was no sound effect to indicate a physical hit, not that there was no sound effect at all...at which point you argued that the Whooomp sound effect indicated physical contact, so I asked for examples and you refused to do so...then you employed the troll move of trying to shift the burden of proof to me. Well you were in fault by claiming the negative. You just can't just go around claiming negatives and expect it to be valid without any sort of proof or common knowledge that most posters should believe. Negatives aren't necessarily true. So your argument holds no water since it is not known whether whoom is a sound effect for physical contact. I'm thinking "whoosh" is a sound effect to indicate non contact.

The reason why she made contact with him is because her speed lines appear to be in the same spot of where he was lying. That's not possible unless she can go intangible.

Anyway batman has batted bullets and caught arrows from inches away. This is far faster than Gamora can move. Lastly, if you are basing her speed off that one feat then batman has reacted and blocked a laser after it was fired.

krisblaze
Batman loses this, but neither him nor Cap have "human durability" as they're not walking around topless.

Cap's wearing a phucking modern vibranium mesh ring armour and Batman's armour can tank point-blank machine-gun fire and explosions. At some point it's more realistic for them to take hits from say Spider-man level guys than it is for Iron Man to take hits from the Hulk and Thor.

h1a8
Originally posted by krisblaze
Batman loses this, but neither him nor Cap have "human durability" as they're not walking around topless.

Cap's wearing a phucking modern vibranium mesh ring armour and Batman's armour can tank point-blank machine-gun fire and explosions. At some point it's more realistic for them to take hits from say Spider-man level guys than it is for Iron Man to take hits from the Hulk and Thor. how can batman lose this when he's fighting out of character with a weapon that can one shot her? She throws an attack, batman blocks it with the sword, slicing off the limb.

DarkSaint85
I'm just waiting for the scsns of Bats ducking and weaving around the OE

carver9
FTL?

Silent Master
Well you were in fault by claiming the negative. You just can't just go around claiming negatives and expect it to be valid without any sort of proof or common knowledge that most posters should believe. Negatives aren't necessarily true. So your argument holds no water since it is not known whether whoom is a sound effect for physical contact. I'm thinking "whoosh" is a sound effect to indicate non contact.

The reason why she made contact with him is because her speed lines appear to be in the same spot of where he was lying. That's not possible unless she can go intangible.

Anyway batman has batted bullets and caught arrows from inches away. This is far faster than Gamora can move. Lastly, if you are basing her speed off that one feat then batman has reacted and blocked a laser after it was fired.

h1a8: I demand that you post every comic that has ever been made.

Silly troll.

TheLordofMurder
I'm just waiting for the scsns of Bats ducking and weaving around the OE

You ask and you shall recieve! wink

TheLordofMurder
If The Goddamned BATMAN!!!! can do this to Hal, whats to stop him from replicating this feat against Gamora?

And if The Goddamned BATMAN!!!! had a Primary Adamantium Katana, Hal would have been dead...

Stoic
If The Goddamned BATMAN!!!! can do this to Hal, whats to stop him from replicating this feat against Gamora?

And if The Goddamned BATMAN!!!! had a Primary Adamantium Katana, Hal would have been dead...

Hal Neither has the strength of Gamora (or isn't showing it in that scene), and he certainly does not possess her fighting skills, which includes the fluidity of her trained acrobatic movements. She is an accomplished gymnast, and has shown unearthly agility. I won't fault you, because perhaps you aren't completely familiar with Gamora.

Sin I AM
because Batman has a sword that can one shot her easily. The moment she throws an attack, batman can block it with the sword, slicing the limb off.

No it's because you guys are trolling. You want so bad for character A to win that you handicap character B to the point where them winning is not feasible. Its like Gamora with her hands tied behind her back versus batman bloodlusted with venom symbiote. At that point you're no longer debating a fight you're tailoring a scenario to fit your fantasy. Because you know Gamora is so high above Batmans paygrade that the only way for him to beat her was if someone gave him the cheat code. That's y you'd never see batman vs Spider-Man or whatever without any stips. The stips gives you rabid fanboys hope for a win. Then you bitvh and complain about people providing legitimate scans to oppose your ridiculous arguments to threads that are laughably absurd to begin with. Complete idiocy.

Stoic
batman has a sword here with morals off. This is not a regular batman vs. Gamora fight. I bet you would still give Gamora the win if I gave batman the IG.

Anyway, strength won't play a part here. Spidey is possibly stronger than Gamora since his strength feats are beyond hers.

Batman can block her attack with his sword, slicing off the limb.

Just because he has a sword with morals off, does not grant him extra speed, and strength. Batman tries to cut her, she catches the blade, and with superior strength removes it from him. She then kills him. The End.

KingD19
Why is Batman trying to hump Hal into submission?

Silent Master
Why is Batman trying to hump Hal into submission?

LOM is arguing that Batman is gay thus Gamora won't hit him, for fear of being called a homophobe.

Stoic
No it's because you guys are trolling. You want so bad for character A to win that you handicap character B to the point where them winning is not feasible. Its like Gamora with her hands tied behind her back versus batman bloodlusted with venom symbiote. At that point you're no longer debating a fight you're tailoring a scenario to fit your fantasy. Because you know Gamora is so high above Batmans paygrade that the only way for him to beat her was if someone gave him the cheat code. That's y you'd never see batman vs Spider-Man or whatever without any stips. The stips gives you rabid fanboys hope for a win. Then you bitvh and complain about people providing legitimate scans to oppose your ridiculous arguments to threads that are laughably absurd to begin with. Complete idiocy.

Even with a sword, Batman is at a disadvantage. Gamora is still far stronger than he is, and as such far faster. What made Peter Parker faster once he was bitten by the spider? It was the increased strength of his body. Here you have Gamora that is several orders of magnitude stronger than Batman, she is smaller than Batman. She isn't bulky which leaves large characters like Grundy looking lethargic in comparison to characters with Gamora's build type. What we have here is a character that is literally Batmans superior in every physical way, and has trained to master martial arts from several planets in her fictional universe.

What usually happens in comics when a character is far faster than the other? The faster character tends to see their opponent like they were knee deep in mud. Sometimes it's to the point that they make them look like statues, which is often the case with the Flash. The speed disparity between Batman, and Gamora would not be as large as it would be between the Flash, and Ben Grimm, but she would be faster than him by a good margin.

What does this mean in the long run? well she would literally be able to see his attacks in slow motion, and be able to catch the sword as he swung it. She would also have the strength to fish it out of his hand. What is my proof? Gamora dodges lasers regularly. She also dodges Spider Man level characters, and makes them look slow like she did with Venom recently. Batman will not win here, because it would not make any sense for this to happen unless Gamora was also on debilitating drugs from the start.

Sin I AM
Even with a sword, Batman is at a disadvantage. Gamora is still far stronger than he is, and as such far faster. What made Peter Parker faster once he was bitten by the spider? It was the increased strength of his body. Here you have Gamora that is several orders of magnitude stronger than Batman, she is smaller than Batman. She isn't bulky which leaves large characters like Grundy looking lethargic in comparison to characters with Gamora's build type. What we have here is a character that is literally Batman superior in every physical way, and has trained to master martial arts from several planets in her fictional universe.

What usually happens in comics when a character is far faster than the other? The faster character tends to see their opponent like they were knee deep in mud. Sometimes it's to the point that they make them look like statues, which is often the case with the Flash. The disparity between Batman, and Gamora would not be as large as it would be between the Flash, and Ben Grimm, but she would be faster than him by a good margin.

What does this mean in the long run? well she would literally be able to see his attacks in slow motion, and be able to catch the sword as he swung it. She would also have the strength to fish it out of his hand. What is my proof? Gamora dodges lasers regularly. She also dodges Spider Man level characters, and makes them look slow like she did with Venom recently. Batman will not win here, because it would not make any sense for this to happen, unless Gamora was also on debilitating drugs from the start.

That's what i said dear

TheLordofMurder
LOM is arguing that Batman is gay thus Gamora won't hit him, for fear of being called a homophobe.

thumb down

Why wont you accept the unyeilding might and undeniable power of The Goddamned BATMAN!!!!?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>