Namor vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
The fight starts out at the bottom of the ocean. Who wins?

zopzop
High Meta/Low Herald vs Mid Herald.

Gladiator wins.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
High Meta/Low Herald vs Mid Herald.

Gladiator wins. But this is Namors domain.

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
But this is Namors domain.
Doesn't matter.

Gladiator is faster, stronger, more versatile, more durable, and can exist in a vacuum. Namor is outclassed in every category.

zom1967
I can`t help but think that Namor has no chance here.I don`t even have to explain why,right?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
Doesn't matter.

Gladiator is faster, stronger, more versatile, more durable, and can exist in a vacuum. Namor is outclassed in every category. You just said that Hulk beats Gladiator, and you must have preached to me 20 times in the last week at how well Namor does against the Hulk. Am I missing something?

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
You just said that Hulk beats Gladiator, and you must have preached to me 20 times in the last week at how well Namor does against the Hulk. Am I missing something?
Comic setting != Forum setting.

Gladiator gets disrespected...........a lot in a comic setting. He has all the tools to take out most any brick, but he gets jobbed consistently.

Incredibly, I think Namor has done far better vs the Hulk than Gladiator has. Which makes ZERO sense.

krisblaze
Gladiator just fights like shit.

Almost everybody does in comics.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
Gladiator just fights like shit.

Almost everybody does in comics.

True. Hulk does as well. smile

Golgo13
Glads.

DarkSaint85
Gladiator wins this

Time Immemorial
Never understood how and why they give Namor the ability to fly.

leonidas
be easy for glads to simply fly namor out of the water where he'd have a massive advantage. even if they stayed under the water glads would probably take it.

Reflassshh
Glads beat that ass

Stoic
I honestly don't think that it would be easy. Namor would give him a decent fight, but in water or out, Gladiator would be able to cook him like a lobster. If they went blow for blow, Namor would do well but eventually go down.

Damborgson
It depends. Classic Namor was no joke. He was as strong as they came and moreso in water. Nowadays he tends to get written down for some reason. Losing to the thing, underwater no less, was one of the most shameful showings I've seen.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
It depends. Classic Namor was no joke. He was as strong as they came and moreso in water. Nowadays he tends to get written down for some reason. Losing to the thing, underwater no less, was one of the most shameful showings I've seen.
I agree 100%.

AvX sh|t all over the X-men in order to make the Avengers look good. Namor losing to Thing underwater wasn't even the biggest insult.

This is what happens when Disney doesn't have the movie rights to the X-Men franchise.

leonidas
yeah, but that one fight doesn't change their whole history or namor's history underwater. he could certainly hang with glads underwater, but if glads took them both into space (ala hulk) namor would be in a LOAD of trouble i'd think. even without, the heat beams would be more than enough to give glads a heavy advantage if they were out of water. they'd be effective, but less so in water, because namor heals a lot faster. realistically, glads should be a lot faster than namor though, even underwater, though that's not likely how they would be portrayed in water. namor is too one-dimensional i'm afraid. unless he could somehow gets glads to swallow, and start him drowning, i don't see how he could win this. not impossible, but not likely either....

if they were in an adamantium aquarium it would be more interesting.

carver9
Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more durable...he stomps this. Also, the Thing and Namor fight had a lot of context that people are missing. Thing didn't straight up beat Namor.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more durable...he stomps this. Also, the Thing and Namor fight had a lot of context that people are missing. Thing didn't straight up beat Namor.

thumb up

Estacado
Mohawk Man.

basilisk
Yeah, even with the water setting Gladiator is stronger, much faster, and more durable, and he doesn't need to breath down there. He can withstand the vacuum of space pretty much indefinitely and he flies through planets and stars so the cold and pressure of even the ocean depths would be like a light breeze to him. Plus he has the eye beams.

Gladiator may be written down most of the time but that's largely CIS/PIS. He would win this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.