Kingdom Gog Vs The Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/KG_zpsdf76d6fa.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ST_zps61ecff80.jpg

operator616
Serpent.

Tony Stark
Serpent

Golgo13
Originally posted by operator616
Serpent.

I think this is pretty close. Gog's staff had the power of the Quintessence, IIRC. Blew a hole through Mxy at one point.

quanchi112
Serpent wins.

abhilegend
Gog stomps.

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think this is pretty close. Gog's staff had the power of the Quintessence, IIRC. Blew a hole through Mxy at one point.

It was stated that he had access to a power source even greater tan the Quintessence (possibly the source, which he stated to possess the power of), still, Batman was also tanking shots from his staff even when Gog was fed up iirc.

Anyway, i give the Serpent a win because:

At the height of his power (when he spread enough fear throughout the world) the Serpent was more powerful than Odin. Mephisto stated that it would be lunacy confronting the Serpent directly. Also, the crown which was made of Serpent's fear-power was going to grant Mephisto dominion over all Hells and even the whole universe iirc (this happened in a later JiM story after Fear Itself was done). Not to mention that it required Kid Loki to actually warp reality (with Twilight's shadow) to implant a weakness in Serpent's history so that Thor, wielding the Odin-sword, could defeat him. On top of that, in the Fear Itself: The Fearless series, Serpent was revealed to have a Destroyer of his own which he created (the hammers merge and create him) who was at least on the same level as Odin's Destroyer from what i recall.

I agree it's a good battle though.

Golgo13
It was stated that he had access to a power source even greater tan the Quintessence (possibly the source, which he stated to possess the power of), still, Batman was also tanking shots from his staff even when Gog was fed up iirc.

Anyway, i give the Serpent a win because:

I agree it's a good battle though.

So is it kind of similar to cronus vs Seth fight? Doesn't Gog have the superior battle feats while serpent has more implied power?

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
So is it kind of similar to cronus vs Seth fight? Doesn't Gog have the superior battle feats while serpent has more implied power?

No, because one's implied power, however slight the possibility, could prove to be a hyperbole; while in Serpent's case, it was actually established that he was above Odin since, not only was it stated, but Odin wouldn't dare attack him until he would raze the Earth to stop feeding him fear.

Apart from that. On top of breaking Cap's shield like nothing , it was shown on-panel in later stories, that the crown (which was made of Serpent's fear-power) could make one the most powerful hell lord. And a future vision confirming that Mephisto will be lord of everything when he gets the crown.

And it required rewriting history to beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.