Apprentices who are better than their masters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Here let's discuss apprentices who are better than their masters.

Fated Xtasy
Like, better as in they get better or something else? because Obi-Wan and Jinn is a good example for the first one.

Kas'im and Bane

oh and Luke and Yoda/Oldi-Wan

NewGuy01
Obviously Great Sith Lord Darth Maul and overexcited old man Sidious.

ILS
Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Quinlan Vos, Darth Malgus

ILS
Are we just talking about apprentices who are better than their masters while they are both around at the same time, or can we mention apprentices who go on to surpass their master by their prime?

WildBantha88
I was thinking more of around the time that they were still an apprentice to the master

I thought up this thread because I was skimming a comic book where a Jedi Master gets absolutely destroyed by Grievous. Then a few days latter his apprentice stalemated Grievous

carthage
Malgus surpassed Vindican well before his prime hehe, Kun surpassed Vodo, Vader and Anakin surpassed Kenobi at various points, Bane probably never probably never surpassed Kas'im by too much

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I thought up this thread because I was skimming a comic book where a Jedi Master gets absolutely destroyed by Grievous. Then a few days latter his apprentice stalemated Grievous Are you referring to the comic "General Grievous"? The master was alone when Grievous wrecked him, whereas his apprentice had backup from a few people, and it wasn't a stalemate - Grievous was on the verge of winning, so the Jedi suicide bombed Grievous (unsuccessfully).

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
LOL

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01

If you ever get perma banned I think I'd leave. Just sayin.

Oh, and HOT/Orgus, old man was well passed his prime.

Scourge and Vitiate? evil face

Emperordmb
Anakin and Obi-wan should be the prime example of this IMO

ILS
Tell that to Vader lol

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I was thinking more of around the time that they were still an apprentice to the master

Ferus has great hype as a Padawan, the council loved him and he's stated to have surpassed Siri I think. I think Serra is a decent example. Oh and The Exile and Kreia too

Selenial
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ferus has great hype as a Padawan, the council loved him and he's stated to have surpassed Siri I think. I think Serra is a decent example. Oh and The Exile and Kreia too

Traya > Exile tho confused

DarthAnt66
Revan and Traya, then. cool

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan and Traya, then. cool
Traya > Revan

While he trained under her that is.

DarthAnt66
Was reading through TCSWE last night, it hilariously stated that Traya trained KotOR Revan too.

Aurbere
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
Sidious and Plagueis
Obi-Wan and Anakin

Aurbere
Originally posted by Selenial
Traya > Revan

Always

Much better. stick out tongue

Q99
Saba Sebantyne surpassed Eelysa.

Nomi Sunrider surpassed both Thom and Vodo. Exar obviously surpassed Vodo.

Dooku and his Jedi master, Thame Cerulian. Dooku surpassed him by a lot even as a Jedi by the sound of it.

Wolf Sazen and Cade Skywalker, and possibly by Shado Vao as well though that one's harder to say. Wolf was a strong combatant, but he was a better teacher.

wjb61274
If T'ra Saa counts then Mace surpassed her.

Also:
Dooku >Thame
A'sharad Hett> Ki Adi Mundi
Quinlan >Tholme
Exar Kun > Vodo Siosk Bossk
Anakin >Obi Wan (combat wise )

NewGuy01
Originally posted by wjb61274

A'sharad Hett> Ki Adi Mundi

Not while he was still his apprentice, no.

Angelalex242
Rather obviously...

Luke Skywalker>Yoda. And Obi Wan.

Possibly, Jaina Solo>Mara Jade Skywalker. At least, she won the versus thread I made.

Fated Xtasy
Aryn seems to be stronger than Ven Zallow IMO

NewGuy01
Arguable, but good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.