Is Kingdom Hearts for kids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
(This contains spoilers, you have been ,

Its been a long-running debate that Kingdom Hearts is only a kids game, due to all the Disney appearances. "All they talk about is friendship"... It's an anime-based game...

Also, there are really bad-ass moments in Kingdom Hearts that would seem jaw-dropping, even to adults. One of these moments is the final battle against Xemnas in KHII.

To be honest, KH1, while it has its epic moments... is more on the kid-friendly side, not LITTLE kid-friendly, but more around the ages of 8-10.

It has some of the saddest stories in gaming history, Xion's death and Zack's death are about the same for me, especially since Roxas forgeta her completely. Come to think of it, Roxas' story is pretty sad as well, he loses all his friends, and his own being, just for Sora and his friends. All of this is pretty tear-jerking. Lets not forget the sad story of Birth by Sleep though.

Jmanghan
My point is... Kingdom Hearts is not for Kids, the stories are too complex, as well as some of the combat.

Quincy
no way man, that's what makes it great. It's fantastic at any age

Jmanghan
Agreed. Though pretty much all my friends would disagree.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Agreed. Though pretty much all my friends would disagree.

You need new friends. stick out tongue

Tzeentch
Sad =\= complex and death =\= adult. "People die" is a concept that children tend to learn pretty early on in their lives. Mustafah dying in front of his son after being thrown offf a cliff and Frozone getting sucked into a jet turbine come to mind.

It's also important to consider the differences in how cultures approach various things. The general tone and atmosphere of KH is pretty tame compared to lots of anime, most of which is targeted at children.

Naruto was a children's show in Japan, yet featured children characters getting blown up, crushed, impaled etc.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Mustafah dying in front of his son after being thrown offf a cliff and Frozone getting sucked into a jet turbine come to mind. A-are you ****ing with me?

Anyway, I agree, especially considering the differing cultures.

This is a panel from a manga aimed at boys (also, spoilers from early Akame ga Kill! if there's anyone reading this who gives a ****):

http://i.imgur.com/axxTlk8.jpg

KH isn't Teletubbies. It's made to be enjoyable to teenagers and adults as well. But it's intentionally designed to also appeal to arguably its main demographic: children.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.